• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

xkramz

Me and my bro has an Xbox one. Could we share digital games? For example I bought dead rising digital. Could I sign on his Xbox one and download it there. And when done be able to play together with our own appropriate gamertag?

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
You have a faulty PSU. I talked to MS support because mine is the same and they said that it is not normal, you shouldn't hear the fan at all.

Get it exchanged.

This. Mine makes no sound at all none what so ever I sit 2 feet from it on my desk.

Lima

Btw what is completely insane is that Microsoft is sending out a new Xbox One Day One edition to me today (that is what they said) when I just need the PSU exchanged. Dude my console and controller are fine...

malfcn

Btw what is completely insane is that Microsoft is sending out a new Xbox One Day One edition to me today (that is what they said) when I just need the PSU exchanged. Dude my console and controller are fine...

Whoa, okay maybe I should contact them asap

Mayyhem

Took me 45 minutes to get into ONE match with my TWO friends. With no fucking way to open up a friends list and invite to game. We used this new retarded party invite feature to try and get into the same game but kept getting one or two people on the opposite team.

Next Gen is fucking here. I don't feel robbed at all for putting down this much money onto a "new" console.

I miss my 360

Lima

Whoa, okay maybe I should contact them asap

They will give you two options. Send the PSU to them (you have to pay postage yourself, yeah fuck you, I'm not paying 50€ to send my PSU to Czech Republic), so they said that I could use the advance exchange program. They put a hold of 500 something € on my card and will send me a completely new console. I need to put everything back into the box(even the controller lol).

cheezcake

I don't have an XB1 yet, so someone here want to chime in in this thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722069

I really really dislike bad blacks and too dark games, want to see what people here are seeing?

I haven't noticed an issue with crushed blacks tbh

Assassins Creed 4 is being horribly oversharpened though and the final effect is really grating, funnily enough BF4 doesn't seem to be affected nearly as bad

Dead

well not really...yet
Just bought my 2nd Xbone

So far seems the power supply on this one is a-ok

Now to get through the setup to test the disc drive

How does friend requesting work now? When I send a request does that person see it and accept/decline like on 360 or do I just become their follower until they also add me?

sangreal

Yeah, it's basically twitter except they dont bother to even give you a notification that someone followed you (just that you have new followers)

Mayyhem

If I sold my opened Xbox One Day One edition on Ebay now could I make my money off it? Im tired of gaming right now, I can't stand the direction this console has taken. I refused to believe it but it really hit me right in the forehead tonight.

So the PSU shouldn't make a slight whirring noise? It's definitely louder than the console for me. Still not really loud, but annoying in comparison.

If I sold my opened Xbox One Day One edition on Ebay now could I make my money off it? Im tired of gaming right now, I can't stand the direction this console has taken. I refused to believe it but it really hit me right in the forehead tonight.

I kind of a agree with this and i just bought an xbox one also.

Something just feels off about this console, i have removed the kinect but even still i am having buyers remorse because i expected more for $500 but i feel i have a lower quality console than PS4.

i own all 3 consoles so no fanboy BS here.

Dead

well not really...yet
So the PSU shouldn't make a slight whirring noise? It's definitely louder than the console for me. Still not really loud, but annoying in comparison.
Well, ive just set up my 2nd bone and while the PSU is still slightly audible, it now sounds like a regular fan, but its very faint. Its definitely not louder than the system.

My first Bone PSU sounded like a cooling fan that was on the fritz and was about to become dislodged. It was louder than the console itself and sounded potentially harmful.

Lima

Something just feels off about this console, i have removed the kinect but even still i am having buyers remorse because i expected more for $500 but i feel i have a lower quality console than PS4.

That is your problem right there. It is an integral part of the system. The experience is much worse with it disconnected.

xkramz

You're definitely missing out.

So what is the verdict on Ryse. Is it purchase or rental worthy when I pick up my system next year.

Wow, amazing. Thanks to XB1 I can finally watch TV.

Well, the point is, it combines TV with gaming now. So you don't miss out on party invites, Skype calls, etc.. while watching TV. At the most basic level, getting notifications while watching TV is pretty killer. Plus switching channels by voice really is cool.

Mrbob

I'm just giving Whitta some crap because I remember his over hype of IPad Mini Retina and that product turned out to be junk. Issues galore. Just thought it was funny seeing him hype up watching tv after his mini loves fest. I don't mean to down play the aspect because tv integration is probably my killer app. I'd be watching tv too with my xb1 if the home theater audio worked. As soon as this is fixed I'm buying a system. Looking forward to using it as a media box.

Is there any legal reason stopping the xb1 from being a full fledged DVR? That would be the best additional feature. I'd buy an external hdd to save shows.

Whogie

I'm installing Ryse right now, and I didn't even buy it. My brother did though on his Xbox. I wonder if this is that Family Share thing.

The Microsoft Store was able to replace my bad Day One controller :)

Moldiver

After a good sitdown, i realised what i need to do with my Xbox One HDMI passthrough

No-Brainer....Shenmue....!!!
DSC03476_zps08483e28.jpg

Top Bottom