• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Rhindle

Fun feature:

While in an app, stretch both arms out pointing at the right and left sides of the screen. Makes fists, the join hands at the center - that minimizes the app to the home screen.

Point both arms to the center of screen, make fists, then moves arms apart - app maximizes to full screen.

Cool effect, if not enormously useful.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Aisha Tyler a GAF member? Confirmed?...you still play Halo? Lol

Also, does Twitch not fit completely on screen for you guys? I'm missing HUD elements in certain games. Seems to be all the way around on all 4 sides.

Doffen

Pop the champagne!

BGBanr8.jpg

The console is from Amazon.de the games are from Amazon.com
They arrived with the same UPS carrier. Life is good.

Walshicus

Anyone know of a decent website for upcoming game release dates? I know Lego Marvel comes out on 29th but don't really know what else is coming after that.

Prine

Banned
Pop the champagne!

Make sure you play Ryse on Centurion difficulty, otherwise you've wasted your money. Its a different game, for the better.

derFeef

Pop the champagne!

Woo!
You signed the oackage and all that?

I found out earlier I got my day one 1 year live code from the MS store delivered as well on the same day, at least UPS says so --- "left at back door" again, I did not get it. In contact with UPS right now - fucking amateurs.

Hammer24

Banned
Can I use them later with German region?

Yes you can! A couple options in-app are not available, but the apps themselves are visible and usable.
I can only repeat: people, change the regions on your X1 once in awhile, and check other marketplaces. I have now apps from Germany, UK and USA on.

On another note:
After a full weekend with the new box, I gotta say - MSFT marketing and PR people need to be led behind the barn and put out of their misery.
The system is fantastic, full Kinect integration the best thing since sliced bread, and I´m now convinced the system will sell pretty well. But no thanks to the aforementioned people, who didn´t get it done to explain all the great features in a coherent manner all year long; but to word of mouth. I´m convinced, that everyone who had the chance to see a well set up and calibrated X1 at a friends house, is going to want one.

I took a full five hours to calibrate, and try through the available options. I can only recommend doing this, it all works now as (not) advertised. And is a bliss to use.
Even my wife, who is everything but tech savvy is a happy camper right now, because instead of going through a bunch of remotes which she always mixes up, instead only has to SAY "xbox on", "watch tv".

PS: Please don´t hurt the MSFT marketing and PR people. Of course I´m kidding, but I think we can agree they need to do a better job!

For the games:
- Ryse: I hate brawlers, but this game is so much eye candy, everyone needs to at least rent this to get a glimpse of what awaits us this generation
- AC4: very uneven IQ, but I haven´t seen it on other platforms so can´t compare
- KS: very nice! Kinect seems to have improved tremendously, even two player games made a lot of fun
- Best thing: the box is region free. Like, totally. Go to other marketplaces, get the apps and buy the games you want. Best thing you ever did for us, MSFT! Please continue in this direction!

My wishes for the future:
- flash for the IE (or a NFL GamePass app)
- SlingBox app
... then I´m set for the generation

Doffen

Finally! Have fun! :)

Thanks, tomorrow will be reserved for gaming ;)

Make sure you play Ryse on Centurion difficulty, otherwise you've wasted your money. Its a different game, for the better.

Thanks, will do.

Woo!
You signed the oackage and all that?

I found out earlier I got my day one 1 year live code from the MS store delivered as well on the same day, at least UPS says so --- "left at back door" again, I did not get it. In contact with UPS right now - fucking amateurs.

They are very strict here with packages delivered with carriers.
They actually demanded my signature, so I had to at home for it.

Sucks that they just leave it outside your house.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Is it confirmed that Microsoft will add an option to use the console with a language that is different from your store's region? Right now I have to manually switch languages between English and my region's main language whenever I want to buy something from the store and play a game in English afterwards. Since switching the language forces you to restart, it is not very convenient.

Hammer24

Banned
Is it confirmed that Microsoft will add an option to use the console with a language that is different from your store's region? Right now I have to manually switch languages between English and my region's main language whenever I want to buy something from the store and play a game in English afterwards. Since switching the language forces you to restart, it is not very convenient.

Why don´t you buy from the other store?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is Shadow Jago on Killer Instinct only available if you bought the Day One 12 months Live? Or can we obtain him another way?

ElTorro

Could you explain why? I bought from different stores now with no hassle whatsoever, so I´m interested to hear others experiences.

I can't use my German credit card with the US/UK store. You need to have a payment method of the store's region. And prepaid is just inconvenient.

Hammer24

Banned
I can't use my German credit card with the US/UK store. You need to have a payment method of the store's region. And prepaid is just inconvenient.

a) get a prepaid US CC (those are available on the interwebs)
b) use points/gift cards -> it might be a little inconvenient, but paying 45€ instead of 60€ is worth the "hassle" for me

T.O.P

Banned
"Xbox On" doesn't seem to work for me :/

i switched to US the UI after i launched DR3 yesterday and heard the usually awful Italian dub

and i decided to keep it in english for now, any setting i'm missing for this feature to work?

#KI is crack (20 hours on it and counting) lol

ElTorro

"Xbox On" doesn't seem to work for me :/

i switched to US the UI after i launched DR3 yesterday and heard the usually awful Italian dub

and i decided to keep it in english for now, any setting i'm missing for this feature to work?

I haven't looked into it, but I might have the same issue. After switching languages, "Xbox On" did not work. Maybe recalibrating Kinect after switching a language helps.

m23

Is anyone else having problems with BF4's campaign? My progress got deleted 3 time already. I complete the first level, quit out and come back later to a new campaign.

Ubersnug

Quick question regarding the DVR. Anyone having some issues with it?

I had a particularly good run in BF4 last night and I went into the DVR app and told it to save the last 3 minutes. Afterwards, I jumped into upload studio to edit the clip and it turns out the DVR had only saved the previous 33 seconds rather than the 3 minutes I told it to. The game had been running for a good 15 mins or so before that point, so there was definitely footage to be saved. Anyone else encounter this issue?

sangreal

Albert said they're working on more language combos. Have you tried using the website when you want to buy something? That should be tied to your account region regardless of what the console is set to

m23

I recall reading that it is an issue with all versions of the game.

I see, thanks. It's getting really annoying, hopefully the fix is coming soon.

Forza 5, how does it compare to the other games in the series?

In terms of content, it seems like a lot of stuff was cut out. Less tracks, less cars, no event list. You no longer get gifted cars when you level up, now you have to buy the cars you want, which makes trying out new cars much less enticing. Also, in free play you can no longer try out any cars, you now have to either use a car from your garage, or choose a car from a select group of cars. That goes for online races as well.

That said, when it comes down to gameplay....this game is a huge step up. The physics and the feedback in the controller is like no other racing game I've played. It's very addicting. I'm just disappointed in some of the stupid changes they have made.

ParityBit

Hey is there a comeback for "XBOX record that"

Someone said it to me while playing fifa.....im still burning inside!!!

Yeah, don't lose! I was watching the Patriots game last night and right at the end I said it. My 2 friends over and my wife all laughed because they knew the meaning :)

Evo_Nine

Banned
Yeah, don't lose! I was watching the Patriots game last night and right at the end I said it. My 2 friends over and my wife all laughed because they knew the meaning :)

lol.....I reckon this will go mainstream.

Before you know it kids will be saying it on the school grounds.

Hammer24

Banned
Hey is there a comeback for "XBOX record that"

Someone said it to me while playing fifa.....im still burning inside!!!

lol.....I reckon this will go mainstream.

Before you know it kids will be saying it on the school grounds.

Its the new teabagging...

11042077543_f1b32311ef_o.gif

Top Bottom