• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

K1ng P3n

Power off your modem, power off your router, power off completely the Xbox One, make sure the Xbox One is completely off, not in low power state. After about 30 seconds, provide power to the modem once it is up, power up your router and wait for a bit. Then power on the Xbox One and go to the network settings. Usually it will fix itself and it should show open nat.

I will try this when I get home, thanks.

BraXzy

I still can't decide whether or not to buy DR3. I've not played the previous ones and whenever I watch gameplay it just looks like brainless, repetitve zombie smashing. I can't imagine enjoying it, but then, watching a game is never the same as playing it.. decisions decisions.

Loving this machine so far! The snapping apps, the games, the TV capabilities, the multimedia features, everything! Had girl wood the entire weekend! ;)

Joey Tribbiani called, he wants his... Meh.. I got nothing! Ha!

I love my Xbox One too! This is the start of the future of how we watch TV and Game and all the in between crap. *shit.. sorry for double post!*

XnofateX

Neo Member
I still can't decide whether or not to buy DR3. I've not played the previous ones and whenever I watch gameplay it just looks like brainless, repetitve zombie smashing. I can't imagine enjoying it, but then, watching a game is never the same as playing it.. decisions decisions.

Brainless, repetitive zombie smashing... While wearing a dragon mask parasol holding chef's knives. Looking rather Wolverine meets Animal Crossing amid Dawn of the Dead. It's fun.

Finished Ryse. Was great. Took the MP for a spin and it said the server was down (wut!??!!) so did the solo stuff. Was fun too!

I just beat it about five minutes ago myself. Loved it. It still hurts that the animations and camera spinning feel so janky. You would think the game was running at 15 frames. :(

Sequel will be a lot better. I'm counting on it.

ChrisV

I believe there is a separate download. For Dead Rising, I found the Day 1 stuff in the area you look for additional content. It was free since I bought the digital version. However, Ryse and Forza, even though I have Digital, there is no day one stuff to download. I assume it is because they have not put it up yet.

Ah. That would explain why I can't find anything. Haha. Thanks for the heads up!

How do you guys think the Xbox One games sold? If I had to guess from best to worst... Call of Duty, Forza, Battlefield 4, Ryse, Dead Rising, than bellow that who knows.

I just beat it about five minutes ago myself. Loved it. It still hurts that the animations and camera spinning feel so janky. You would think the game was running at 15 frames. :(

Sequel will be a lot better. I'm counting on it.

I beat it yesterday. Overall, I definitely enjoyed it, and I love the potential the series has that can be expanded upon. I agree that a sequel is being looked at and with the additional time, knowledge and optimizations, Crytek can actually make it a well received franchise.

Can you literally not hear a thing? I can't tell if people exaggerate but this makes me think I should have my console exchanged. There's an audible hum

Just following up on this to see if I need to get this checked. I'm sitting about 5 feet away and I can hear the fan running on my Xbox. It's sitting completely open, on my desk. Is this normal? It's sort of a high frequency sound, can't really describe it. It's not loud but I can hear it

Timu

Microsoft should have added a screenshot function, I would love to see Ryse shots since I'm not getting that game anytime soon.

Hawk269

I would like to know from MS when a Wireless Headset will be released as well as an official quick charge kit. I have the quick charge kit for the 360 that charges two at the same time and it works fantastic. Would love to have a Xbox One version of that.

supergiz

Just following up on this to see if I need to get this checked. I'm sitting about 5 feet away and I can hear the fan running on my Xbox. It's sitting completely open, on my desk. Is this normal? It's sort of a high frequency sound, can't really describe it. It's not loud but I can hear it

I'm having the same thing

Hawk269

Just opened my one and have a roommate. How do you make it so kinect automatically sees who is sitting down and change profile?

You have to go to settings and add another person as a family member or something like that. Once you do that, you just go through a set up process. I have both myself and my fiancée set up on ours and if I am using the system, it recognizes me. As soon as she comes into the room, it recognizes her and says "Hi". lol.

It is a pretty quick set up. It also recognizes each of our voices. If she says "Xbox Show my Stuff" it loads her dashboard in her preferred colors and pins. If I say "Xbox Show my Stuff" it switches to my dashboard. It is pretty damn impressive on how it works.

Vestal

Need a suggestion for next purchase.

So far I have DR3, Ryse and KI.

Thinking getting 1 3rd Party game.. 2k14? BF4? COD?

Help! =p

Keep getting a Sign In error on the Xbox Video app.

0xc00d11cd (0x80072ee7)

Anyone else get this?

I suggest doing a hard reboot of the system (full shutdown, not suspend). A quick search indicated a problem in Protected Streams. There might be something funky going on as the Xbox is trying to authenticate the process for running protected content. Searches indicated that rebooting their surfaces worked for them--so I suggest the same.

EDIT: Anyone else checked out Powerstar Golf? It's scratched the itch for a Hot Shots Golf equivalent. And its nice to sit there and play a round or two while listening to a Xmusic radio station.

The more I use this thing, the more true next gen it feels.

I'm tempted to make a Xbox fitness thread.

Being a 2 time insanity veteran, I just did the Insanity workout after 2 months of not working out. My ass is kicked but I managed to score 101k points which was my goal going in.

I had to have perfect form, couldn't cheat the workouts and no matter what angle I was at, as long as the form was good and pace was respectable, The game rewarded me.

The more I use this thing, the more true next gen it feels.

I'm tempted to make a Xbox fitness thread.

Being a 2 time insanity veteran, I just did the Insanity workout after 2 months of not working out. My ass is kicked but I managed to score 101k points which was my goal going in.

I had to have perfect form, couldn't cheat the workouts and no matter what angle I was at, as long as the form was good and pace was respectable, The game rewarded me.

Do it!! make a thread. I would have but I'm way too lazy :)

Grisby

Microsoft should have added a screenshot function, I would love to see Ryse shots since I'm not getting that game anytime soon.
I really wish they would have too. I've enjoyed the feature on the VIta and was hoping that the X1 would have it.

malfcn

I hope there is stuff worth buying with points soon. Next year I have $40 in April and $90 in July expiring. Ugh. Maybe Titanfall or something good will have a season pass that I can sink it into, despite them usually being a bad investment. Better than flat out losing it.

Kajiba

I hope there is stuff worth buying with points soon. Next year I have $40 in April and $90 in July expiring. Ugh. Maybe Titanfall or something good will have a season pass that I can sink it into, despite them usually being a bad investment. Better than flat out losing it.

I'm hoping the game Below comes out soon around january or so. Be nice to spend my money on something. Only thing I brought digitally was KI.

Got back from the honeymoon on Sunday and got a nice wad of cash built up from wedding presents. Been checking Gamestops, Best Buys, and Targets all around town since discussing it with my wife and deciding I could buy one (if she's allowed to get a new bag), and of course can't find one. Couple stores have flat out told me that they have stock but they're saving it for Black Friday, too. Bahhhhhh.....I wanna play DR3!

mozfan12

Banned
How is it that FIFA has so few players online if it was a pack in everywhere except in North America? I haven't seen more than a 1000 players online. Then again, online is pretty broken. Haven't been able to get an online match going.

Oozer3993

I'm not so sure the points are actually going to expire then. The Microsoft FAQ on the transition lists the expiration date as June 2015:

The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015.

And Microsoft's Live subscription and points card almost never actually "expired" despite having expiration dates.

malfcn

Just remembered about getting Citadel for ME3, and possibly Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite. Over-priced? Sounds like it..What would be really cool if GTA5 announced something.

I'm not so sure the points are actually going to expire then. The Microsoft FAQ on the transition lists the expiration date as June 2015:

And Microsoft's Live subscription and points card almost never actually "expired" despite having expiration dates.

I am aware of the fact, but I am going by what the payment page in billing says.

Top Bottom