• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

MarkusRJR

I've asked this question a few times but no one can answer me...

Could someone tell me if Xbox Video supports PayPal on Xbox One? They recently (a month or two ago) removed the ability to pay with PayPal on the 360 and I'm curious if it's the same on the Xbox One?

I've asked this question a few times but no one can answer me...

Could someone tell me if Xbox Video supports PayPal on Xbox One? They recently (a month or two ago) removed the ability to pay with PayPal on the 360 and I'm curious if it's the same on the Xbox One?
I bought fifa using paypal, so maybe(?)

REV 09

If you're having trouble with "Xbox On", try turning off the game suspend/resume feature. I did and it's much more consistent for me.

MarkusRJR

I bought fifa using paypal, so maybe(?)
Buying games is working on Xbox 360. It's just whether or not it'll let me rent movies via PayPal. I rent a ton of movies, and since the removal of PayPal payments for Xbox Video I've turned to my PS3. My Xbox One is going to take up my PS3's spot in the entertainment center so I need to make sure it works.

I'm only asking because Xbox Video on Windows 8 has PayPal support so there's a chance the Xbox One does too. Anyone know?

RoKKeR

Welp, fuck me. The rumble motor in my Day One controller has died. No rumble in Forza or Ryse, tried resetting the system/controller, no luck. Tried my other controller and it works.

What do? Contact MS for a replacement?

MaulerX

Buying games is working on Xbox 360. It's just whether or not it'll let me rent movies via PayPal. I rent a ton of movies, and since the removal of PayPal payments for Xbox Video I've turned to my PS3. My Xbox One is going to take up my PS3's spot in the entertainment center so I need to make sure it works.

I'm only asking because Xbox Video on Windows 8 has PayPal support so there's a chance the Xbox One does too. Anyone know?

I just tried it. When you're about to rent, you click on your payment option and it will bring up the option to pay with whatever you have on file. Including PayPal.

Welp, fuck me. The rumble motor in my Day One controller has died. No rumble in Forza or Ryse, tried resetting the system/controller, no luck. Tried my other controller and it works.

I was reading that when the batteries are low (in the controller) it shuts off the rumble to conserve battery life. Have you tried new batteries?

Mononoke

Banned
Really wanted to get Forza tomorrow. But after all the controversy on GAF over the micro-transactions being so bad, I want to avoid it. Guess I'll get that $20 golf game on Xbox Live.

So are you guys going digital on the One? I would really like too but currently I don't think we'll see any incentives to besides that you can voice swap between games.

I wish you could opt in for the online check so you can take advantage of this. But the sales you can sometimes get with the physical copies is enough for me to not go digital.

Mononoke

Banned
So are you guys going digital on the One? I would really like too but currently I don't think we'll see any incentives to besides that you can voice swap between games.

I wish you could opt in for the online check so you can take advantage of this. But the sales you can sometimes get with the physical copies is enough for me to not go digital.

I plan on going digital. Sort of annoyed, because I was strapped for cash after getting PS4 first. I had credit tied up at Gamestop so I ended up getting Ryse + Dead Rising 3 on disc. I want to get everything else digital after my next paycheck.

I will as soon as I get Google Plus in January. Gotta put that 2% back off XBox Live purchases to good use.

RdN

I'm going all digital. The convenience of not having to change discs or having to wait for the game to be delivered are too big to miss.

J10

Banned
Can you still plug in a media player device and listen to music through the console while playing games like on the Xbox 360?

CaLe

Good luck with that, they won't replace it unless you pay for shipping to send your controller back. I spend literally 4 hours with them on the phone and in chat logs. Honest to God.

I'm just going to return the console at this rate, screw having to deal with this piss poor consumer support. I'll purchase it again next year.

RoKKeR

I was reading that when the batteries are low (in the controller) it shuts off the rumble to conserve battery life. Have you tried new batteries?

Just switched the batteries around and now the rumble motor works again, but it's not the same. It's louder and way more intense, much more so than it should be.

Might just end up dealing with it, we'll see. But if anything it got me this golden response from the MS support chat person.

Microsoft Support said:
I understand that your controller works like Bulldozer on your hand Blake.

/dead

Xamdou

Man I keep getting disconnected after each online race in Forza using a direct wired connection. But when I switched to wifi I can actually finish a race, did anyone else experience this as well?

Chitown B

take advantage of what?

KaYotiX

Banned
Really wanted to get Forza tomorrow. But after all the controversy on GAF over the micro-transactions being so bad, I want to avoid it. Guess I'll get that $20 golf game on Xbox Live.

Don't let that shit topic choose for you. Forza 5 is a great game and worth the $60.alot of content in it still.

RoKKeR

Don't let that shit topic choose for you. Forza 5 is a great game and worth the $60.alot of content in it still.

This. Forza 5, despite the in-game economy, is a very solid game. The UI is a bit jumbled and nonsensical at times but the game itself, damn, nothing is quite like it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Out of curiosity, what is the battery life on the controllers? Is it as terrible as the PS4's?

They seem really good. I've dumped a good amount of hours into Dead Rising and KI(probably 20+) on the stock batteries with the system. Of course, I can't check to see what the battery life is at right now though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm 100% digital.

I buy maybe 4-5 games a year. Even if I pay 15-20 dollars "extra" on average that means It'll cost 60-100 a year. That will be worth not having to try and search down that AC4 disc in 6 years when I decide to play it again.

I will probably get some disc based throwaway games (wife is gone for the weekend.. buy some 10 dollar mediocre on clearance).

SegaShack

A lot of other launch games have microtransactions, I'm never going to buy Forza credits with money and will just earn it by playing the game, doesn't bother me that it exists. Just enjoy the game and don't put any real money into microtransactions, like me.

What's the proper way to eject a disc. Is it just going to the home screen and then pressing eject on the system? Is there any voice command or button to make the disc eject

Timmai

Neo Member
are the bought digital games account bound or console bound? Would be great if i can add another account, remove the original account and sell the xbox with games eventually.

So is auto live sign in a kinect only feature?
Can't seem to find it in the setting menu.

Its a bit annoying when you start up you have to sign in back again.

Beatrix

Just played the Xbox One at my friend's place. The controller is amazing, I really love the feel and look of the whole product. Voice command was pretty fun to use, I can definitely see myself using the snap feature and all of the other functions with Kinect. Much better than I expected.

Saberj

Neo Member
Loving my launch console. Started playing it Friday night, and I've gotten about 25 total hours with the games I have. I have NBA2k14, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, and I've played the Kinect Sports Rivals demo. Lots to love about the system to be sure. I posted an in-depth "review" on my Facebook page earlier, but the short version:

Voice commands are awesome, auto sign-in is awesome, recognition for multiple users in some games (Killer Instinct and Kinect Sports, that I've tried) gave us fits when we tried to get a second gamer tag setup in the local multi-player games. Powerstar Golf, however, allowed us to pull in other users via the controllers. But then again, that was designed for the 360 originally.

What I don't like is the new structure for Friends and Achievements. There is a disconnect in the new system. I now hate to check to see what achievement I earned was. It completely takes me out of the game in order to get a good description. And Friends is also a separate app. Activity Feed is ok, but it doesn't really replace the ease with which you could pop up the guide, and see how many friends you had on. Plus, unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be a way to get notifications when a friend signs on. That's kind of disappointing.

Overall though, I think the system is off to a great start. Looking forward to continued play.

Thought so kinda stupid the more i look into the OS the more seems to be build around kinect only stuff hope they can patch it up.

Its kinda annoying tbh but it takes only like 10 sec but still annoying.
Same with upload studio with kinect connected it works without kinect its goes back to the dashboard without giving the option upload the clip.

Hammer24

Banned
-> Whats the best (read: cheapest) place right now to buy Gold?

-> finished Ryse, would be interested in a 1:1 exchange for another game. Anyone interested?

Other than the 3 physical games I bought at launch I think I'll be going digital.

Top Bottom