• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Lima

Is there a way to use Xbox music in the background? I want to listen to music whilst I play Fifa but I do not want it snapped on the screen at the same time. But when I unsnap it stops playing :(

This is the only issue I have with the console. I absolutely love all the features.

Also how much is Dead Rising 3 in the american store?

No you can't.

It is 59$

TRios Zen

Paul Thurrot is reporting that those affected by the disc-grinding noise will be given new systems AND a free downloadable title.

While my system was not affected by that particular issue, it was diagnosed as screwed and a new system is being sent to me. I can not confirm that a free downloadable title is/will be made available, but I will update when I find out.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wireless headset can't come soon enough. As well as a chatpad (I guess I could use Smartglass, but I would rather have a chatpad).

Sydle

Paul Thurrot is reporting that those affected by the disc-grinding noise will be given new systems AND a free downloadable title.

While my system was not affected by that particular issue, it was diagnosed as screwed and a new system is being sent to me. I can not confirm that a free downloadable title is/will be made available, but I will update when I find out.

I can confirm that a free game is made available for the disc grinding issue. They offered me a free download of Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, or Zoo Tycoon. I received the download code about 10 minutes after my service request order was submitted.

I swung by Gamestop on release day to get an extra controller. They didn't have any of the the ones that include a play and charge left, so I got a regular one.

That was slightly disappointing, but would be okay. However, the dpad is not clickly like my day one edition controller.

Right on the dpad clicks. Up does slightly. Down and left do not, and feel mushy.

Whats the best thing to do about this?

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
I swung by Gamestop on release day to get an extra controller. They didn't have any of the the ones that include a play and charge left, so I got a regular one.

That was slightly disappointing, but would be okay. However, the dpad is not clickly like my day one edition controller.

Right on the dpad clicks. Up does slightly. Down and left do not, and feel mushy.

Whats the best thing to do about this?

Go to GameStop, kick the doors in, point at the guy who sold it to you and say "YYYyyoooouuuu!" He will know exactly what's wrong, trust me.

Lima

Go to GameStop, kick the doors in, point at the guy who sold it to you and say "YYYyyoooouuuu!" He will know exactly what's wrong, trust me.

Haha lol.

Just picturing this right now. So awesome.

Seriously go to Gamestop and get a new one. Microsoft will make it an absolute bitch to exchange the controller.

Lima

What if people have a PSU issue? Does that qualify for the console replacement with a free game?

No.

And depending on the dude you get on the support line you also have to send them the PSU first and then they will send you a new one. Super shitty. I had to call 3 times to get one guy that sent me a completely new Xbox Day One edition because I just wouldn't accept that I'm without a PSU for 2-3 weeks.

So I have narrowed down my list of third party games to buy this week.

So. BF4 or NBA2K14?

thanks.

From everything that I've heard, the online component of BF4 is a piece of crap with connectivity issues. Therefore I would look toward NBA2K14 unless you don't like basketball.

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
Haha lol.

Just picturing this right now. So awesome.

Seriously go to Gamestop and get a new one. Microsoft will make it an absolute bitch to exchange the controller.

Haha yeah go to GameStop and demand another one, say potential failure or something if it still technically works.

Networker

Banned
Love my Day One edition. For some reason all the voice command are spot on for me. Can't get enough of the system. Waiting for my exam to end on Dec 11, then Xbox One all day long :)

I can confirm that a free game is made available for the disc grinding issue. They offered me a free download of Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, or Zoo Tycoon. I received the download code about 10 minutes after my service request order was submitted.

The big question... which one did you choose?

USC-fan

Banned
From everything that I've heard, the online component of BF4 is a piece of crap with connectivity issues. Therefore I would look toward NBA2K14 unless you don't like basketball.
2k14 not been much better. their servers such and u can omly access limited parts of the game.

Computer

I love my kinect. Last night I was trying to rock and feed my baby so I could not get up to grab the remote without waking him up. Xbox on it worked this time with out yelling, It sees my face sighns me in. Xbox watch tv. Xbox one guide watch The Voice. Xbox volume down. Yes dis is good.

As well, if you're in the position to take advantage, you can claim one other person's console as your home and they can do the same for yours, effectively sharing digital purchases between each other so long as you both have current Gold subscriptions. I now do this with my brother and his system so that we split the digital purchases and cost and still have full benefits of playing alone, online, and even together using the one purchase. Should help significantly blunt the cost of going next-gen and digital.

I need to know how to do this please.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The problem with going all digital is I haven't even used the disc drive so I don't even know if I have a broken one. I want a free game too!

Mayyhem

My question is, if your disc drive has been working fine from launch until now, is there a significant possibility it can break soon or in the near future? (referring to the grinding noise)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with going all digital is I haven't even used the disc drive so I don't even know if I have a broken one. I want a free game too!

This is correct, mine shat the bed with any disc, period.

Networker

Banned
Guys I have a question,
Remember that thread about the guy who got his Xbox early? He was posting pictures of all the feature and one of the picture was showing popular games on Xbox One. Like how many people are currently playing etc.

How can I access that feature on my ?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Nori Chan

Guys I have a question,
Remember that thread about the guy who got his Xbox early? He was posting pictures of all the feature and one of the picture was showing popular games on Xbox One. Like how many people are currently playing etc.

How can I access that feature on my ?
Yeah I'm really curious of this as well

Hey fello GAFers. Just wanted to pop in here to say I'm really happy so many of you are enjoying your new Xbox One. While I haven't purchased it yet I'm quite excited to see just how many features Microsoft has included. I'm currently a PS4 and Wii U owner but I'm quite jealous of you all =D

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
No, you´re not the only one. :)
If it really bothers you, repeat the Kinect calibration, and crank your system as load as you can. Afterwards it´ll hear you whisper.

Ah, yeah, I thought I had it cranked up pretty high when I calibrated it but doing it again even louder and just slightly below where Kinect complains it's too loud seems to have really made it recognize my voice better.

How is Zoo Tycoon, for those who played it? My little nephew really wanted me to play "The ones with the animals!" and got a little sad when I said I can't because I don't own it.

I've never played a Tycoon game, how easy and simple are they for not only new players to the franchise, but 3 year olds to get and play? Is the game worth $59?

Sydle

How is Zoo Tycoon, for those who played it? My little nephew really wanted me to play "The ones with the animals!" and got a little sad when I said I can't because I don't own it.

I've never played a Tycoon game, how easy and simple are they for not only new players to the franchise, but 3 year olds to get and play? Is the game worth $59?

I'm going to start it tonight. Will post impressions in the official thread.

Chitown B

I don't understand why you can't view your X1 stuff on the xbox.com site. If you click the Xbox One "tab" on the site, it just has a page telling you to get the smart glass app.

harSon

Banned
So how is the performance for BF4?

Performance wise it's pretty much flawless from what I've played. I can't vouch if it's graphically sound in comparison to the competition, considering I've yet to play any other versions though, but it definitely plays well.

Networker

Banned
really????

how come though?

Not sure why. May be because I used to play BF3 on PC, and the only reason I bought BF4 for XONE was due to 64 player but its just not the same experience.
Ghost is fast (loading wise and gameplay wise) and I think its console fitting shooter compare to BF4. I can play 5 Ghost match on Cranked gameplay without getting bored. Lot of people will disagree with me but I prefer COD type shooter on console and BF on PC.

Thebonehead

No idea if mine is affected.

Gone all digital so far

Thebonehead

Performance wise it's pretty much flawless from what I've played. I can't vouch if it's graphically sound in comparison to the competition, considering I've yet to play any other versions though, but it definitely plays well.
Will find out tonight for multiplayer.

Xbox live has been down in the UK

xz3f11k.jpg

That's a pretty cool use of voice recognition!

Top Bottom