• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

go to xbox.com, log in. Click on your name/profile at the top. Below your avatar is Edit My Profile. Open that, edit your name. "Enter your name or alternate nickname."

Save.

See if that changes it.

That was already set to Marty so I don't think that's it. The only thing I've found so far was my CC and billing info that had Martin on it.

Isn't the name that's on the email account you use to log into Live?

That's not set to Martin either. I always use Marty and even then, if I set up an e-mail address, they can't pull the name out of the e-mail. Unless there's something that binds it under your xbox account afterward. Not sure where that would be.

Edit: Fixed it. You have to go to the Microsoft account settings which is different than the Xbox.com account settings despite being the same account. From there you need to find account summary and you'll find an option for Display Name there. Change that and it changes your name on the Xbox One to be whatever you set it to.

fritolay

Bought digital game for my son. Downloaded it so it was ready for him. Now I just realized, if he goes to friends house, he cannot download it there as I purchased the game with my profile? If I had given him gift card, could he download it here, then at his friends download it there and played it when over there?
Can I transfer the game from my account to his. Or is he able to as he is marked as child on my account.

Defect

I went to download the FIFA 14 demo but when I clicked on download, it just changed to Install. I clicked that then it started to install and it finished in a minute. Isn't that weird? The demo is 2 gigs.

Lee

Anyone have a DIY mounting setup for the Kinect they want to share? I get that you can use gorillapods or velcro strips, but I don't have the former and I don't know if I want velco strips on my TV in the event I take my kinect down and am stuck with those.

The PDP mount is out of stock everywhere I've looked (Gamestop, Bestbuy) and while I have it preordered on Amazon, they have no delivery date but the order page says not to expect it before Christmas...

I have some velcro straps and a bookend and I think I'm going to get all experimental later. I'll be sure to share what I come up with, but I'm hoping someone has got it figured out.

Oozer3993

Look, I am a huge BF fan. I can see myself playing 4 for at least the next 2 years, but it is a mess right now. An absolute mess.

I've had very few problems. Crashed back to the home screen once, and loses connection with the EA servers if I put the console in Standby, but other than that it's been great.

statham

Anyone have a DIY mounting setup for the Kinect they want to share? I get that you can use gorillapods or velcro strips, but I don't have the former and I don't know if I want velco strips on my TV in the event I take my kinect down and am stuck with those.

The PDP mount is out of stock everywhere I've looked (Gamestop, Bestbuy) and while I have it preordered on Amazon, they have no delivery date but the order page says not to expect it before Christmas...

I have some velcro straps and a bookend and I think I'm going to get all experimental later. I'll be sure to share what I come up with, but I'm hoping someone has got it figured out.
My 360 kinect mount worked great. I removed the top part, but the screw that remained was a fit the new kinect.

asdad123

I just ordered it from best buy online (PDP mount). Will be delivered 12/2/2013

Pachimari

Are there anyone from GERMANY in here? Do you guys know if they have it in stock anywhere in the country right now? Cause we are a bunch of guys from Denmark who plan on driving there and importing it right away, as a Danish retailer screwed up.

Gorki247

I'm using the PDP mount for the original Kinect for now. The two clips that held that one in place will fit (with a bit of pressure) inside the square 'hole' in the foot of the new one.

My 360 kinect mount worked great. I removed the top part, but the screw that remained was a fit the new kinect.

Which 360 mount do you have?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have a weird issue.

When I start my Xbox from the energy saving state it signs me in no problem, but when I turn on my Xbox from stand-by it always asks me to sign in using a controller (and to hold guide button for more details). So I do that and try to sign in from the notification and I get this message:

We could not sign you in, try again in a few minutes or check your account by signing into account.live.com. Error code: 0x80072EE7

After that I go to sign in at the top-left corner and it works. Don't understand it.

Bought digital game for my son. Downloaded it so it was ready for him. Now I just realized, if he goes to friends house, he cannot download it there as I purchased the game with my profile? If I had given him gift card, could he download it here, then at his friends download it there and played it when over there?
Can I transfer the game from my account to his. Or is he able to as he is marked as child on my account.

All downloaded content is assigned to the console ("home" xbox) and the account that purchased it. So if you bought it under your account (and not his), then yeah, you'd have to be logged in to play it on a different system.

I don't think you can transfer it to him though :/ That was actually part of the original digital plans MS had (if he was on your friends list, you could transfer the license for the content to his gamertag so that he could use it wherever), but all that stuff was of course put on hold.

So I guess if they ever bring that back in the future for digital games, it'll work then.

purg3

slept with Malkin
That was already set to Marty so I don't think that's it. The only thing I've found so far was my CC and billing info that had Martin on it.

That's not set to Martin either. I always use Marty and even then, if I set up an e-mail address, they can't pull the name out of the e-mail. Unless there's something that binds it under your xbox account afterward. Not sure where that would be.

Edit: Fixed it. You have to go to the Microsoft account settings which is different than the Xbox.com account settings despite being the same account. From there you need to find account summary and you'll find an option for Display Name there. Change that and it changes your name on the Xbox One to be whatever you set it to.

Sorry but I have the same issue, where exactly do you go to get to the Microsoft account settings? At least there's a way to correct it as mine says "Jason M" when I sign in with M being my middle initial...

statham

Which 360 mount do you have?
5scrmax1.jpg

This one, from gamestop. I removed that top part where the white tab is and a screw was there that fit the new kinect.

Heysoos

Is it... Is it supposed to be this slow to download a game? Jesus. I wish I could see what speed I'm downloading at because this doesn't seem normal.

At this rate I'll be lucky to play the game tomorrow.

Sobriquet

Is it... Is it supposed to be this slow to download a game? Jesus. I wish I could see what speed I'm downloading at because this doesn't seem normal.

If it's been on 0% for a while, that means it's downloading a patch first.

sangreal

How do I get the NBA and FIFA demos? I can't find them.

Is it the good NBA or the bad NBA?

the bad one. some people have success searching for "demo". I didn't, but good luck. I found them eventually by digging through the sports section

downloads are pretty fast for me, but there is a speed test in network settings. Not that I have much faith in it, since it swings wildly from 2mb to 40mb for me (on a 45/45 connection)

Heretic

My Xbox thinks I'm my girlfriend :'(

It'll sign me in then a couple of minutes later...

Hello Kellie!

*grabs controller - sign Kellie off*

*5 minutes later*

"Hello Kellie!"

-.-

Okay, this is driving me nuts and hopefully someone can help me here.

When the Xbox One logs me in it says "Welcome Martin" which is my full name but I clearly go by Marty. How do I change it to welcome me by the name I want? I've already changed it on the billing address and credit card info but it's still saying my full name. I've even removed the account from the system and added it back in, and it still says it.

You need to go here:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...nt.live.com/summarypage.aspx&lc=2057&id=38936

Username and password is the same as yoru hotmail account, then when your rin, thier should be a setting to change your first name and or last name. You only want to change you first name. e.g. Martin to Marty. Save this then log-out, wait 10 mins, then log into your xbox and you should see the change. If you don't, turn off the xbox and turn on again and the change will appear.

C'mon DICE, this is not cool man. How can you release a broken game across all platforms. I don't understand what they have been doing for the last 2 years.

Sobriquet

downloads are pretty fast for me, but there is a speed test in network settings. Not that I have much faith in it, since it swings wildly from 2mb to 40mb for me (on a 45/45 connection)

I just checked my speed and WTF. It's only getting 9mb while everything else is getting close to 40.

I've had very few problems. Crashed back to the home screen once, and loses connection with the EA servers if I put the console in Standby, but other than that it's been great.

Cant search for servers, haven't played second assault ever even though I DL the maps 5 days ago.

Cant' party up with my BFF, etc.......................................

w00zey

The kinect auto sign in sucks. It keeps thinking I'm my girlfriend and the kids keep getting signed in as one another. The worst part is we will be in the middle of a ki match and it will say sign in changed and boot us all the way back to the dash and it restarts the game.

Aussie here :)

Have some more question in regards to xbox issues:

A) If i turn of my xbox by saying xbox off (which is fine), if i then turn off the xbox afterwards by the powerpoint, is this bad for the system, considering it was made to stay on and not to be turned off? Also are power shock asorbers bad to combine with the Xbox One?

B) When i was playing COD Ghosts, the Xbox turned off randomly and i couldn't get it to turn on for 2-3 mins straight, then it turned on fine and i have had no issues since. I have played 40+ hours, and have had no random turns off or anything, anyone have this ococur.

c) Battlefield 4 kicked me to the dashboard, has this happen to anyone?

Thank you for your time and repelies.

Klocker

You need to go here:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...nt.live.com/summarypage.aspx&lc=2057&id=38936

Username and password is the same as yoru hotmail account, then when your rin, thier should be a setting to change your first name and or last name. You only want to change you first name. e.g. Martin to Marty. Save this then log-out, wait 10 mins, then log into your xbox and you should see the change. If you don't, turn off the xbox and turn on again and the change will appear.

nice thx

My Xbox thinks I'm my girlfriend :'(

It'll sign me in then a couple of minutes later...

Hello Kellie!

*grabs controller - sign Kellie off*

*5 minutes later*

"Hello Kellie!"

-.-

Delete Kinect sign-in information in the settings!
Settings>Sign-in, security & passkey>Reset my Kinect sign-in data

When by to the Microsoft store today. They have Killer Instinct playable divided in 4 huge monitors. Sadly they had the free version, so I had a lot of Jago vs Jago matches. Couldn't pull off an Ultra to my great disappointment.

Is there an easy way to find how many hours I've played a game? Clicked on a friend's profile and was whisked away to a screen comparing our hours played, achievements earned, and so on for Forza 5 that I had no idea existed. Can I check hours played outside of friend comparisons?

Top Bottom