• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
something creepy the xbox one does...
me and a friend were playing some killer instinct
then we decided we'd play some online exhibition matches
I played one, all was good.
gave him the controller and immediately it says "player profile has changed" and reloads KI
then no matter what we tried except returning the controller to me (which required anoter reboot of ki) would let him play online

we had to turn my Kinect around the other way in order to let him play a couple online matches.

lol

Yes this. This is what I am talking about. How do we get around this????

jond76

Banned
Not sure if noted yet, but if you connect your TV and amp, etc, you can use SmartGlass to control volume.

Lots of cool details to find.

PhatSaqs

Banned
It took me way to long to find the Vudu app, I know you can bing search it, but come on three dots on the bottom to show all apps!? instead of 3 dots, just print/show a ALL button. I'm liking everything, but they need some refinements.
Smartglass is awesome and almost essential for finding pretty much anything and sending it to your XB. You could have typed in "vudu", hit "play on xbox one", done.

Mononoke

Banned
Alright guys, I've decided to get Powerstar Golf + a game (digitally). I already have Dead Rising 3 + Ryse + Killer Instinct.

Going back and forth between Forza and Battlefield 4. I've told myself not to buy Forza because the micro-transaction BS. But I keep going back and forth, because I've been told that it's possible to get all the cars in the game without paying real money, and that it's not that bad (in terms of how hard or how long it takes to do it). Battlefield 4 would be nice, since I don't have an FPS on my Xbox One. But I have no idea what it looks like upscaled to 1080p on a 55 inch TV. I also know the game was having crash issues, and still does. But I heard it's gotten better.

Decisions decisions.

I said in another thread that I wouldn't jump into Next Gen yet..... I should never be believed. Updating XBONE UNO now. Pretty excited to get Killer Instinct. More then excited. Sort of horny. You know how that feels?

*Hopes nothing goes wrong. Something will go wrong*
FFUUUU I saw this and for a moment I thought they had released UNO for Xbone. NOT COOL.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just spent a ton of time in Dead Rising 3. Also got Need for Speed from gamefly and Ryse, still waiting on Battlefield 4.

All in all it highlighted how much I like the controller now. The triggers are great and it seems to fit all genres well, though I still am waiting for BF as the first FPS game I try.

Sean

Banned
My Xbox One goes into freakout mode whenever I am downloading anything. It will download a few %s, and then disconnect me from Xbox Live. It will even delete my wireless network settings and I'll have to enter my password again and everything. This only happens when downloading. Otherwise I'm connected, I play with others, etc. weirdest thing.

Do you happen to use an Apple Airport Extreme router? I had a very similar issue (only difference is my wireless settings weren't deleted each time). Switched to using my Verizon FIOS router and haven't had any disconnects yet.

Klocker

Kinect motion gestures seems to have a problem being in a dark room with a projector facing it. Voice commands works great though.

Stop sending me pictures of kittens.

Yea i don't have projector but my room is a fairly dark and my gestures do not work well at all kind of worried it is my camera but Rivals plays fine.
Head tracking in Forza and gestures are shaky cam if they work at all

vangace

So my controller broke, the left bumper and trigger are loose. l can hear something rattling inside. what are my options? l don't want return the whole thing and have to go through that setup again.

Oh man don't switch directly from Need for Speed Rivals to Forza unless you suddenly want to feel like you're driving REALLY SLOWLY.

I think I am going to trade Forza in, I can't handle the slowness.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
My first disc based Xbox One game is Forza 5 and I must ask: is the disc supposed to be on the front side of the case as opposed to the usual game disc location?

How do I voice chat with a friend using the headset?
We were in a party but could not hear each other.

I had to skyp him and we used kinect as the microphone. What am I doing wrong?

I wanted to chat while we play together online.

Help.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

sangreal

Oh man don't switch directly from Need for Speed Rivals to Forza unless you suddenly want to feel like you're driving REALLY SLOWLY.

I think I am going to trade Forza in, I can't handle the slowness.

haha, whenever I play forza I yearn for a nitrous button after every turn

c3t

Banned
After much arguing with Amazon and the delivery company I got my console, loving the XB1 so for however I have noticed some graphic / texture issues on BF4. Sometimes when I spawn in multiplayer parts of the ground and orther areas will be black patches, if I look away from the affected area then back everything it fine. It's not a major issue but I did see someone earlier in the thread meantion that they had a faulty GPU (though their issue was across all their games, mine is only BF4). Anyone else seeing this this? Also BF4 sometimes just dumps me back to the home screen

Gotta say I'm surprised with the kinect and how the automatic sign on, my son and I have been trying to confuse it (simple pleasures and all that).

Me, and my friend experienced this on BF4. Is this normal? It has only happened 3 times. I tried googling it, but I can't find anything. The black kind of spreads if you look at it.

xkramz

The battery life in these controllers are phenomenal! I'm still on the same AA batteries that the xbo came with ans got it at launch

My Day One Edition d pad is only recognizing down about 6/10 times, has anyone else had issues with it? My non day one d pad does feel a bit different and has no issues. Think ms will replace this for me?

Al13n

Neo Member
My Day One Edition d pad is only recognizing down about 6/10 times, has anyone else had issues with it? My non day one d pad does feel a bit different and has no issues. Think ms will replace this for me?

My left analog stick has a weird knick when I press down and then forward, this is noticeably in Fifa.. I hope this will go away over time.

Best way to know if they will replace it, is contacting customer support.

ahartig

So my controller broke, the left bumper and trigger are loose. l can hear something rattling inside. what are my options? l don't want return the whole thing and have to go through that setup again.

If you don't mind being semi shady, just buy a new controller from best buy, then return your broken controller a few days later with the receipt and packaging from the new one. Just be sure to tell them it's broken so they don't resell it to someone else.

Al13n

Neo Member
Guys, what I've been asking myself.. What about the indies on Xbox One? Are they comming? PS4 seem to have quite a few already..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

When I first got it the down dpad specifically sounded springy and loud, but it sorted itself out somehow. I'd try contacting CS and see what they say about it.

IRQ

Banned
Guys, Has any of you bought a movie yet on X1 store?

I did that yesterday, It did not download at all. Just purchase and play right away.

Are they saved in da cloud or something ?

Is it possible to use a European CC with a USA account? U know cuz it's region free!?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So this dumb shit happened in Ireland on launch:

Xtra-vision has been forced into a climb-down after a row broke out over its refusal to sell the Xbox One games console unless customers also bought an additional computer game at a cost of at least €50.

People who placed orders for the widely anticipated console were angry when it became clear that the retailer would only honour their “pre-orders” if they also bought games.

Such is the demand for the console that is has alread completely sold out across the Republic which means that parents who had pre-ordered it as a Christmas present for their children would have struggled to find it elsewhere.

---

Following the intervention of the National Consumer Agency, Xtra-vision has agreed that consumers who pre-ordered Xbox One consoles do not have to purchase an additional game in order to collect their consoles.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/xtra-vision-forced-into-u-turn-over-xbox-sale-1.1608005

td;lr Basically the chain Xtra-vision were forcing customers to purchase a game with their console or they wouldn't be able to collect it, even if they had pre-ordered and paid in full already.

fritolay

You need to go here:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...nt.live.com/summarypage.aspx&lc=2057&id=38936

Username and password is the same as yoru hotmail account, then when your rin, thier should be a setting to change your first name and or last name. You only want to change you first name. e.g. Martin to Marty. Save this then log-out, wait 10 mins, then log into your xbox and you should see the change. If you don't, turn off the xbox and turn on again and the change will appear.

If you go to your sky drive, you can click on your account a the top right corner, and take you to options to change your name. This is the name that will show up on your sky drive when you share (which some people don't want their personal name) and then it will also be the name that shows up when via kinect and on your XBOX

Timmai

Neo Member
not much ppl have the controller connection loss issue I assume? Bought another controller and the same issue occurs randomly :(

Hammer24

Banned
I tried Xbox Fitness for the first time last night, and really enjoyed it.

It seemed the stacking up against other people in your age group wasn't on the screen long enough. Any way to bring that back up and compare?

Admittedly, I didn't look for it long because the boyfriend was begging for a turn.

Yeah, this thing sold my wife on the box too.
You can check back, there is a lot of statistics showing your progress. Comparisons with age group, your own prior best etc. included. You get there from the main screen.

Any idea why my Xbox One might be getting such piss-poor wifi performance? 85% signal strength but on most tests less than 5mbps down. My iPhone right next to it, 25mbps down.

Your X1 hates your iPhone :)
Seriously now: check your connection settings. In the middle of the screen, under the name for your network, is either "NAT: open" or "NAT: strict". If you read strict, you need to open the ports for the box on your router, this seems to help with performance.
If this doesn´t help, go to your router and change the frequency and/or channel it broadcasts its signal.

Are there anyone from GERMANY in here? Do you guys know if they have it in stock anywhere in the country right now? Cause we are a bunch of guys from Denmark who plan on driving there and importing it right away, as a Danish retailer screwed up.

I can´t vouch for this, but its said there are some available in large cities. Your friend from Denmark should check Hamburg out.

Okay someone help me out. This is downloading slower than a PS3. I started downloading at around 2:40pm and it is now 8:09 and I'm only at 32%. My internet should be much faster than this. Downloading DR3 for reference too, so it's not the biggest Xbox One game out there.

It's definitely just a problem on my Xbox One though, just tried downloading a random game on Steam and I'm hitting my normal 2.9-3.3MB/s. My Xbox is wired too. How can I figure out what's going on? I've already completely reset my modem and router.

Look above, what does your NAT say?

Guys, Has any of you bought a movie yet on X1 store?

I did that yesterday, It did not download at all. Just purchase and play right away.

Are they saved in da cloud or something ?

Is it possible to use a European CC with a USA account? U know cuz it's region free!?

Yes it is, you just need an American address. Caboose made a thread with detailed instructions.

Just spent a ton of time in Dead Rising 3. Also got Need for Speed from gamefly and Ryse, still waiting on Battlefield 4.

All in all it highlighted how much I like the controller now. The triggers are great and it seems to fit all genres well, though I still am waiting for BF as the first FPS game I try.

Does NFS use the haptic feedback in the triggers like Forza does? I'm debating if I should get it for ps4 or xb1

Going to grab another game today after finishing Ryse yesterday. I already have DR3, FIFA and Powerstar Golf.

Any recommendations? I've played Forza and KI and they are cool but not my thing.

Torn between BF4, Ghosts and NFS Rivals. Or should I hang fire for something else? When is Peggle 2 coming?

Guys, my XBone is ignoring me while in standby mode. I can no longer turn it on with voice. Anyone encountered this?

My brother has, it seems some Xbones are not responding to "Xbox ON", everything else works fine after it's on though. He has been trying viciously to get it to work, not sure the problem.

Last night he did redo his Kinect commands, I did talk to him today but forgot to ask if it worked? :(

Is this the same problem your having?

My brother texted me saying that mine is working perfect because Im closer to my TV, so in return I sent him 4 video's via Phone showing him me being almost 20 feet away at one point, and saying "Xbox ON", in a very low tone voice, with my Xbox turning on no problem from far away.

Reset your Kinect, and make sure when your going through the sequences, to have your TV as loud as your Kinect will allow.

Top Bottom