• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bsigg12

Guys, snapping IE with the Bombcast playing while playing DR3 is great. I went through and adjusted the sound in DR3, and have it set for maximum mindless zombie slaying, Vinny listening fun.

bigswords

Oh my I didn't know that now ANY Region Xbox Live Account can buy games from the ANY MS Store.

Example my Asian Xbox Live Account can buy games from the US MS store and plus my left over points were converted to USD!!! This is the step in the right direction. Also you can remove or add Credit card info at commerce.Microsoft page (any by region).

Plus my sixth sense was right you can use a xbox 360 slim power cable and attach it to the Xbox One power supply , no more power socket issues.

Gorki247

Is there an easy way to find how many hours I've played a game? Clicked on a friend's profile and was whisked away to a screen comparing our hours played, achievements earned, and so on for Forza 5 that I had no idea existed. Can I check hours played outside of friend comparisons?

You can on the smartglass app; check your activities.

sangreal

Is there an easy way to find how many hours I've played a game? Clicked on a friend's profile and was whisked away to a screen comparing our hours played, achievements earned, and so on for Forza 5 that I had no idea existed. Can I check hours played outside of friend comparisons?

yes but you need smartglass afaik

TheZink

Does anyone else have controllers with a slight give in the left thumb stick? I have two but kind of have a little bump in them when I push and makes it feel very imprecise. That’s the best way I can explain it.

MCD

Oh my I didn't know that now ANY Region Xbox Live Account can buy games from the ANY MS Store.

Example my Asian Xbox Live Account can buy games from the US MS store and plus my left over points were converted to USD!!! This is the step in the right direction. Also you can remove or add Credit card info at commerce.Microsoft page (any by region).

Plus my sixth sense was right you can use a xbox 360 slim power cable and attach it to the Xbox One power supply , no more power socket issues.

MS did this first with Windows Phone 8 and then carried over to Windows 8.1. Change region simply by changing it in the settings.

Sooooooo Gooooood.

Glad they carried it out to Xbox One.

Mononoke

Banned
Yes, lots to do, the power ups etc give it an edge. The way the "single player" works is that you do tournaments and get stars, use those stars to buy booster packs and then you get 5 cards in each which relate to your caddy/character/clubs/balls and you can improve your player etc.

Very good game. I got a hole in one as well!

Cool, thanks. Was going to get Forza, but after all the microtansaction stuff, I feel like I shouldn't support the game. I wanted another game to diversify my launch titles, Powerstar Golf looks like it would be fun.

Cool, thanks. Was going to get Forza, but after all the microtansaction stuff, I feel like I shouldn't support the game. I wanted another game to diversify my launch titles, Powershot Golf looks like it would be fun.

Powerstar does have micro transactions, you can buy stars to get booster packs but i've not seen any reason too personally.

Still getting disconnects each session, sometimes multiple. Doesn't seem to be any cause I can see. Also the right handle has come 'unstuck'. Day one controller.

Guys, snapping IE with the Bombcast playing while playing DR3 is great. I went through and adjusted the sound in DR3, and have it set for maximum mindless zombie slaying, Vinny listening fun.

This is a fantastic idea.

Additionally, in case anyone is curious, I tried snapping Pandora in IE last night while playing Forza. The website doesn't render properly, the like/dislike/pause/play buttons all overlap. I ended up snapping Xbox Music, which actually may convince me to purchase here next month when my trial ends.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't know if I just need to tweak some unknown settings or something but I find the profile switching to be rather annoying and cumbersome.

If two of my kids are playing and are signed in and one hands me a controller an alert comes in the screen notifying me that my child has been disconnected and to hit A to reconnect.
Once I hit the A button it takes me to available profiles to sign in with and if any profile other than the one that was on is selected it just brings up the same error message and you are stuck in a loop. The only way out is to hand the controller back to that child and have them sign out. And if that is done the console will reload whatever game is currently being played or send to the dashboard.

And to add to that. Let's say both children leave the room and I'm left alone in front of the tv. I choose to load up YouTube and it doesn't let me load it because one of my children has a limited account due to his age and it wants me to select a pass code. He isn't there anymore. The Kinect knows this. But still won't let me access the app without first signing both of my kids out.

It's kinda a mess

Mononoke

Banned
Powerstar does have micro transactions, you can buy stars to get booster packs but i've not seen any reason too personally.

I don't mind micro transactions if they don't impede on the game design. I've heard Forza made it harder to get cars (time/money) to encourage paying for tokens. That to me is bullshit. Unless that's not true?

But I'm cool with games having it. I was also considering battlefield 4 since I don't have a shooter for Xbox One. But I'm really bummed its 720p. I have a 55. Inch 1080p tv and IMO 720p is noticeable. Ryse looks great at 900p though. Hope more X1 games try for 900p

UNCMark

Banned

There's no way to have the video from an app playing without remaining snapped?

Cool, thanks. Was going to get Forza, but after all the microtansaction stuff, I feel like I shouldn't support the game. I wanted another game to diversify my launch titles, Powerstar Golf looks like it would be fun.

I loved Hot Shots Golf, so I thought I would give Powerstar a chance. I'm enjoying it even more than Hot Shots.

Ya, really enjoying the game and the credits/XP just roll in, especially when you purchase the booster packs with the in-game credits.

There's no way to have the video from an app playing without remaining snapped?

I'm assuming you mean audio. But from what I seen there isn't currently a functionality to keep the audio playing. However, I thought I remember reading that you will be able to play music, eventually, without the snap feature. Don't quote me on that.

Heysoos

Okay someone help me out. This is downloading slower than a PS3. I started downloading at around 2:40pm and it is now 8:09 and I'm only at 32%. My internet should be much faster than this. Downloading DR3 for reference too, so it's not the biggest Xbox One game out there.

It's definitely just a problem on my Xbox One though, just tried downloading a random game on Steam and I'm hitting my normal 2.9-3.3MB/s. My Xbox is wired too. How can I figure out what's going on? I've already completely reset my modem and router.

ParityBit

Anyone using headphones for when someone is in the room with you? I have a sleeping wife and baby, but I don't need to be blasting through my speakers!

If so, what do you use? I would have to pug into my receiver.

Chitown B

That was already set to Marty so I don't think that's it. The only thing I've found so far was my CC and billing info that had Martin on it.

That's not set to Martin either. I always use Marty and even then, if I set up an e-mail address, they can't pull the name out of the e-mail. Unless there's something that binds it under your xbox account afterward. Not sure where that would be.

Edit: Fixed it. You have to go to the Microsoft account settings which is different than the Xbox.com account settings despite being the same account. From there you need to find account summary and you'll find an option for Display Name there. Change that and it changes your name on the Xbox One to be whatever you set it to.

Thanks for the info!

Jinaar

I said in another thread that I wouldn't jump into Next Gen yet..... I should never be believed. Updating XBONE UNO now. Pretty excited to get Killer Instinct. More then excited. Sort of horny. You know how that feels?

Feelsgoodman.jpg

*Hopes nothing goes wrong. Something will go wrong*

Chitown B

C'mon DICE, this is not cool man. How can you release a broken game across all platforms. I don't understand what they have been doing for the last 2 years.

it was released way too fast. BF3 took years and years for a full game. BF4 was announced months after BF3 came out.

My Xbox One goes into freakout mode whenever I am downloading anything. It will download a few %s, and then disconnect me from Xbox Live. It will even delete my wireless network settings and I'll have to enter my password again and everything. This only happens when downloading. Otherwise I'm connected, I play with others, etc. weirdest thing.

I don't mind micro transactions if they don't impede on the game design. I've heard Forza made it harder to get cars (time/money) to encourage paying for tokens. That to me is bullshit. Unless that's not true?

But I'm cool with games having it. I was also considering battlefield 4 since I don't have a shooter for Xbox One. But I'm really bummed its 720p. I have a 55. Inch 1080p tv and IMO 720p is noticeable. Ryse looks great at 900p though. Hope more X1 games try for 900p

From the other thread, also seems XB1's upscaler has issues. While Crytek has its own upscaler, whatever upscaler Crytek uses is awesome.

Mononoke

Banned
From the other thread, also seems XB1's upscaler has issues. While Crytek has its own upscaler, whatever upscaler Crytek uses is awesome.

I can confirm this. At least with my TV, I had to do a lot of calibration to offset Xbox One's upscaler (a lot of crushed blacks and sharpening). I'm actually shocked that this isn't being talked about more with the media.

That's why I'm kind of scared of going with certain games. I mean, I have a PS4. But there are certain games I would consider getting on X1 (even if the resolution was lower). But IMO 720 is too low for me. I'm willing to accept it for exclusive games, because there is no other option. But in multiplats, I would rather get the version that has better quality for my TV.

I heard the impulse triggers work on Battlefield 4 when you shoot. Not sure if that's true.

statham

It took me way to long to find the Vudu app, I know you can bing search it, but come on three dots on the bottom to show all apps!? instead of 3 dots, just print/show a ALL button. I'm liking everything, but they need some refinements.

Grisby

So how again do you turn the Xbox permanently off for the night? I thought it was holding the white xbox button down for 30 secs but that just restarted the dang thing.

statham

I'm liking the forza drivatars, I'm owning R dot B, but Hawk269 is a bitch to beat, his drivatar snuck up and beat me in the final minute.

Heysoos

Okay someone help me out. This is downloading slower than a PS3. I started downloading at around 2:40pm and it is now 8:09 and I'm only at 32%. My internet should be much faster than this. Downloading DR3 for reference too, so it's not the biggest Xbox One game out there.

It's definitely just a problem on my Xbox One though, just tried downloading a random game on Steam and I'm hitting my normal 2.9-3.3MB/s. My Xbox is wired too. How can I figure out what's going on? I've already completely reset my modem and router.

Okay so it took me ~5 hours to get to 32%. Then suddenly an hour later(from that post) I'm up to 83%. I don't even know what's going on. Seems to have fixed itself? Maybe? Idk.

So how again do you turn the Xbox permanently off for the night? I thought it was holding the white xbox button down for 30 secs but that just restarted the dang thing.

Don't you have to disable standby mode in the settings to go full off?

So I just got my shiny new console set up and ready to go, but I have a few questions. Apologies if these have been answered, but I couldn't find the answers

I want the xbox to just sign in my profile whenever it's powered on, I dont want the kinect to decide who's logged in, etc. Basically, i want it to behave like the 360 when it's coming out of standby mode. I turned the Kinect sign in off, but it still wants me to manually sign in, can I get around this?

Will apps, games, etc continue to download in the background if Im using Netflix, YouTube, playing online, etc?

Also, I can't get YouTube to be HD, any tricks there?

something creepy the xbox one does...
me and a friend were playing some killer instinct
then we decided we'd play some online exhibition matches
I played one, all was good.
gave him the controller and immediately it says "player profile has changed" and reloads KI
then no matter what we tried except returning the controller to me (which required anoter reboot of ki) would let him play online

we had to turn my Kinect around the other way in order to let him play a couple online matches.

lol

So I just got my shiny new console set up and ready to go, but I have a few questions. Apologies if these have been answered, but I couldn't find the answers

I want the xbox to just sign in my profile whenever it's powered on, I dont want the kinect to decide who's logged in, etc. Basically, i want it to behave like the 360 when it's coming out of standby mode.

Will apps, games, etc continue to download in the background if Im using Netflix, YouTube, playing online, etc?

Also, I can't get YouTube to be HD, any tricks there?

Auto sign in without kinect is not available currently, hopefully they add it in the next update.

New002

Are people buying digital or disc? I can't decide which to choose!

I was still struggling with this even after I set up my system but I decided to go all digital. It may seem silly but bouncing from one game to the next using Kinect is just awesome to me. Having the games as digital titles seems to allow for a smoother and more seamless experience. I imagine that's because it's how the system was originally designed (all digital).

I may get flack for this but I feel like having to get up to change a disc would kind of break the flow if that makes any sense. By no means is having to pop in a disc some terribly dramatic thing (ugh I have to get up to change a disc!?), but it does put a slight pause in what could be an otherwise seamless experience. That may mean a great deal to some, and absolutely nothing to others, but I think it's pretty cool and I want to give it a shot.

Sobriquet

I kinda wish you could "upgrade" to digital for $10 or something. I'm starting to regret buying discs. I do realize that's pretty much impossible, though.

I could swear a saw a setting to add family members, but I cant find it again. I want to add profiles so Kinect recognizes my wife and daughter, but I dont want to get them separate accounts or anything like that, is this possible?

Top Bottom