• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bungie

Also it said I needed gold which I just put a 12 month on my account, that's what made me sign out & now I can't sign back in.

Victrix

*beard*
Random annoyance/disappointment: Inviting players through the 360 menu was always too slow and sluggish. I figured the One would finally correct that, with snappy instant menus and invites.

Nope. Snapping party invite hitches, and then going to the player invite screen is a completely separate app which is also sluggish.

The total time to invite is only marginally faster on One compared to 360 because you can multi invite people, but that only helps in situations where you do one mass invite and then never invite another player to your party, rare if you have players bouncing in and out throughout the evening.

So much for instant os level functions :(

Cru

Really? Im not regretting it, but I think ive spent more time this week looking at best buy for xbox ones rather than playing ps4. Im relegated to best buy though. I have a $200 gift card sooooo

Maybe not regret but I definitely should have waited till next year to pick one up.

Alx

is fighter within any good? I have it in my game fly queue but it just looks like it has the potential to be so bad

Well I like it a lot, even if it isn't the best fighting game ever, but I didn't expect it to be.
The developers put a lot of thought in the game mechanics, and it's deeper than what you would expect from a kinect fighting game. There is also a decent design of the characters in my opinion, with some original choices.
The main problems it has are lack of online multiplayer (the website says it's coming soon, we'll see), long loading times, and all characters mostly play the same, with slight variations.
But everything considered, it's a good original game, and I'm glad I bought it.

A few videos of mine :
http://sdrv.ms/1bPvoUx
http://sdrv.ms/17NwjXN
http://sdrv.ms/18oh4qV
http://sdrv.ms/1aYTIpq

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've been doing the snap IE and pandora trick for music, is there a way to have an app like that running without it snapped though and taking up screen space?

zou

NFS has been pulling this shit for a while now though obviously it is especially bad in Rivals this time.

Doesn't help that the cutscenes and the dialog are so bad that you are just sitting there asking yourself why EA thought that anyone will think this is cool.

It's more annoying in NFS than any other racer I've played recently. The constant 'one more thing' stuff made me shut it off and play Resogun the first time I tried it on PS4, and I quit out of the Xbox One version partway through the tutorial to play Powerstar Golf.

well damn, that's ridiculous. Oh and yeah, ended up quitting the game as well, couldn't be bothered ;)

"Xbox select" should bring up available voice commands.

Thanks, that at least save 1 step.

Mononoke

Banned
Bought Battlefield 4 digitally today. Meh god. First off, it's pretty noticeable that it's 720 on a 55 inch 1080p. Things look jaggy and blurry. Which kind of bugged me. BUT, after playing a bit you don't notice it as much. The graphics are still gorgeous. The 60 FPS is mind blowing. So good. I'm a high end PC gamer so 60 FPS isn't anything new. But playing it on a big screen TV is a thing of beauty.

I don't regret getting the game. Having a lot of fun.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bought Battlefield 4 digitally today. Meh god. First off, it's pretty noticeable that it's 720 on a 55 inch 1080p. Things look jaggy and blurry. Which kind of bugged me. BUT, after playing a bit you don't notice it as much. The graphics are still gorgeous. The 60 FPS is mind blowing. So good. I'm a high end PC gamer so 60 FPS isn't anything new. But playing it on a big screen TV is a thing of beauty.

I don't regret getting the game. Having a lot of fun.

I love the game but I am already regretting not going digital. Not swapping discs is kind of a big deal for me right now because I injured my back.

Digital for me from now on. Although I like having the option. And I got the China pre-order deal from Amazon, who ALSO refunded me 12 dolla because of their price guarantee (it went on sale briefly).

I just recalibrated my Kinect. At first I had my surround sound volume at 15. This time I went to as high as it would allow (26) and I can now whisper voice commands to my Xbox. Awesome. I recommend recalibrating.

I player Killer Instinct yesterday, and all I could think about today was playing the game. Haven't felt that way in years, I want it so bad.

Well I like it a lot, even if it isn't the best fighting game ever, but I didn't expect it to be.
The developers put a lot of thought in the game mechanics, and it's deeper than what you would expect from a kinect fighting game. There is also a decent design of the characters in my opinion, with some original choices.
The main problems it has are lack of online multiplayer (the website says it's coming soon, we'll see), long loading times, and all characters mostly play the same, with slight variations.
But everything considered, it's a good original game, and I'm glad I bought it.

A few videos of mine :
http://sdrv.ms/1bPvoUx
http://sdrv.ms/17NwjXN
http://sdrv.ms/18oh4qV
http://sdrv.ms/1aYTIpq
That actually seems pretty cool. I might as well give it a chance.

Thanks,

veras

I see a lot of people saying the system is silent - I can definitely hear the fan in mine in an otherwise silent room (from about 8 feet away), but I wouldn't call it loud (can't hear anything when the TV is on, even at low volume).

Is that normal, or are people's systems literally silent? FWIW I have pretty sensitive hearing.

I see a lot of people saying the system is silent - I can definitely hear the fan in mine in an otherwise silent room (from about 8 feet away), but I wouldn't call it loud (can't hear anything when the TV is on, even at low volume).

Is that normal, or are people's systems literally silent? FWIW I have pretty sensitive hearing.

It's very quiet but of course it is not completely silent.

BDP

Neo Member

I sit about 10 ft away from mine and i don't really hear it. However if I get up towards my entertainment center I can hear the fan. Kind of like a slow humming noise.

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
So one of the best things about Xbox, I have a smart tv with apps but my girlfriend loves saying the commands on my Xbox so we watch Netflix on there. (Or a movie) If she goes to the bathroom or goes does something I switch instantly to killer instinct and just play a few games. When she gets back, I switch back, all is good! Means more playing time for me, even though it's not much, killer instinct is great for that!

Aptos

Definitely not completely silent. This sounds pretty normal, no pun intended.

Mononoke

Banned
I love the game but I am already regretting not going digital. Not swapping discs is kind of a big deal for me right now because I injured my back.

Digital for me from now on. Although I like having the option. And I got the China pre-order deal from Amazon, who ALSO refunded me 12 dolla because of their price guarantee (it went on sale briefly).

Yeah I regret not going digital for Dead Rising 3, Ryse etc. At the time I was strapped for cash (I bought a PS4 + games the week before). So my money was tied up in credit. Only way to get games was physical. Now that I have money again, going all digital.

Prophezz

Banned
Just got my Xbox! :)

I'm loving it so far...Kinect works sooo smooth. Good thing my room is quiet.

Question:
I put in Ryse and it is currently installing...does that mean I don't have to worry about the faulty disc drive?

I just moved my Xbox one to my living room so my parents could use the TV features. It works surprisingly well. It will turn off my TV, Home theatre and DVR box and it controls it very well. I'm pleased.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah I regret not going digital for Dead Rising 3, Ryse etc. At the time I was strapped for cash (I bought a PS4 + games the week before). So my money was tied up in credit. Only way to get games was physical. Now that I have money again, going all digital.
you can buy Xbox gift cards with store credit.

m23

Just completed Ryse, definitely exceeded my expectations. It was a great game, if a bit repetitive. I really enjoyed the ending sequence.

Looking forward to a sequel.

Just completed Ryse, definitely exceeded my expectations. It was a great game, if a bit repetitive. I really enjoyed the ending sequence.

Looking forward to a sequel.

As someone who also just finished it that pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. It's a solid launch game that feels like it could lead to a really good sequel if given the chance. There needs to be more variety in enemies and weapons/actions but other than that I actually liked the game. It's also a really good looking game.

game dvr is so cool, I wish we could record more than 5 minutes though

Ya, that's definitely the biggest drawback currently. However, it does serves its purpose for recording those specific moments that got missed in the previous generations.

Once we get Twitch streaming support. All the bases will be covered.

Top Bottom