• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I swore MS said that every achievement would get recorded in a clip.

Hmm, never heard that. But my game DVR already records A LOT of clips. I've racked up about 26 hours of playtime across several games and I have over 50 automatically recorded clips. I couldn't imagine if it recorded every achievement.

sangreal

I swore MS said that every achievement would get recorded in a clip.

I know it's been said many times, but I don't know if MS ever said it. Seems to be up to the developers. Ryse constantly saves clips of moments that Crytek I guess think are amazing

I've heard BF records a clip every time you rank up?

So, we got a new Xbox One at the office. Within a minute of having the thing on, one of the guys noticed the back of the controller was getting pretty hot. They removed the batteries and it was borderline scolding to the point they dropped them to the ground.

As this had happened literally within like a minute of having the thing on; we couldn't do much else but blame the controller.

We tried other batteries and hit the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? We're returning it; but I'm not sure if this was a secluded case.

Ecto311

So if I'm playing a game and other person walks in it says "hello person2" then do they get anything? Does it even matter? We keep logging them out to keep our achievements to our own tag but just wanted to know if we have too.

veras

To follow up on my noise issue, I did some more research and watched some videos and I'm pretty sure my system fan is more audible than most. I called support, was on hold for 4 minutes waiting for a rep, spent 1 minute describing the problem (and I made it clear that I didn't think it was a major issue/super loud but that I was pretty sure that it was louder than most/fairly audible), the very friendly rep then enthusiastically suggested a replacement, and then after another 15 minutes registering my current console and setting up the replacement shipment they said they'd ship me a new unit that would be here in 2-3 business days, along with a prepaid box to send mine back to them.

A+ customer service, very pleased.

So, we got a new Xbox One at the office. Within a minute of having the thing on, one of the guys noticed the back of the controller was getting pretty hot. They removed the batteries and it was borderline scolding to the point they dropped them to the ground.

As this had happened literally within like a minute of having the thing on; we couldn't do much else but blame the controller.

We tried other batteries and hit the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? We're returning it; but I'm not sure if this was a secluded case.

Next time use the "Play and Charge" kit.

Not the "Play and Char".

So if I'm playing a game and other person walks in it says "hello person2" then do they get anything? Does it even matter? We keep logging them out to keep our achievements to our own tag but just wanted to know if we have too.

no you shouldn't have to do anything. unless/until you switch to their profile, it should continue to act as if you're the only one signed in. if they were to say "xbox, show my stuff" then it switches to them

biRdy

You shouldn't need to log them out, their account won't get any achievements if your playing with your account.

the hulu plus app is awful. the video will randomly freeze, while the audio continues...or the video will stutter than jump a couple minutes forward. i'm going to try and delete and re-install

I know it's been said many times, but I don't know if MS ever said it. Seems to be up to the developers. Ryse constantly saves clips of moments that Crytek I guess think are amazing

I've heard BF records a clip every time you rank up?
The worst is FIFA. It saves clips all the time, a couple of hours yesterday managed to rack up 14 automatically saved clips. The worst thing is they're of the same inane shit every time. Usually when the keeper makes a save, it records the clip and puts out a message saying "punched it out". Honestly, it's really annoying and makes finding the clips I record difficult because of the amount of crap you have to trawl through. Wish you could turn it off.

Mononoke

Banned
The worst is FIFA. It saves clips all the time, a couple of hours yesterday managed to rack up 14 automatically saved clips. The worst thing is they're of the same inane shit every time. Usually when the keeper makes a save, it records the clip and puts out a message saying "punched it out". Honestly, it's really annoying and makes finding the clips I record difficult because of the amount of crap you have to trawl through. Wish you could turn it off.

I actually didn't know it was up the devs. I was wondering if I was hitting a button, because I keep getting "clip saved". lol now I know why.

Go to system settings and name your console. After that you can use PlayTo to send media to your XB1.

Check this app out if you have android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moliplayer.android
Lets you browse and send shared media from your home network straight from your phone. It works damn well :).

I don't get Play To option for mkv, only for avi. Assuming that means XB1 doesn't support H264 MKV :(

I will try the Android player later and see if taht works

I actually didn't know it was up the devs. I was wondering if I was hitting a button, because I keep getting "clip saved". lol now I know why.
It's such a pain in the balls. BF4 records the odd one when you rank up and so on but it's not too bad. FIFA is just ridiculous though.

I don't get Play To option for mkv, only for avi. Assuming that means XB1 doesn't support H264 MKV :(

I will try the Android player later and see if taht works
I can't get play to to work on Windows 8, but my 360 works.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ryse saves clips pretty damn frequently too. Dead Rising only seems to during the trials.

So I got into Need For Speed and the first thing I hear is a guy shouting XBOX TURN OFF a bunch of times to not work at all. I game dvr'd it but as expected the voice isn't a part of it.

Also my router is working super weird with the console. Had NAT changed from Strict to Open earlier, then after shutting it off and turning it back on later it was on Strict again. I called my provider and walked through some stuff and in the middle of it the xbox IP address changed somehow but it's open...hope it stays like that.

nbraun80

ha yeah its nice for some shots because it does it auto for volleys which are usually pretty good, but I agree I don't care if the computer goalie made a nice save. Ha. Plus you can always just say Xbox record that, and get the clip you want.

ha yeah its nice for some shots because it does it auto for volleys which are usually pretty good, but I agree I don't care if the computer goalie made a nice save. Ha. Plus you can always just say Xbox record that, and get the clip you want.
I've manually recorded a few clips of decent goals and then had duplicate clips that the game saved automatically. It really does loves those AI keeper clips though.

Finished Ryse last night. My fave next gen game so far.

Id rather a short game which is just packed with action then a game with loads of filler content and fetch quests to artificially lengthen the game. Enjoyed every minute of it and cant wait to go through it again on harder difficulty.

DR3 is next - having fun with it but im not much of an open world game kinda guy - seems to be a lot of fetch quests so far but im only at level 10

nbraun80

I've manually recorded a few clips of decent goals and then had duplicate clips that the game saved automatically. It really does loves those AI keeper clips though.

ha yeah it does. I just had to laugh at it the other day when the goalie made a save but it was still rolling back towards the goal, and I went to clear it and he comes storming in and takes me out and scores an own goal. Just after thay happens I see "game clip recorded", thanks a lot game. Haha

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
One thing I've been wondering - when is it okay to unplug the system? Technically, I guess, it defaults to standby mode so the user can just say "Xbox On" to start the system - is it okay to unplug the system in standby mode or is it really only safe to do so (in terms of the system) in power saver mode?

watership

I just recalibrated my Kinect. At first I had my surround sound volume at 15. This time I went to as high as it would allow (26) and I can now whisper voice commands to my Xbox. Awesome. I recommend recalibrating.

This a 1000 times. You really need to turn up you volume very loud when they the calibration software tells you too. It makes a huge difference.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I love the game but I am already regretting not going digital. Not swapping discs is kind of a big deal for me right now because I injured my back.

Digital for me from now on. Although I like having the option. And I got the China pre-order deal from Amazon, who ALSO refunded me 12 dolla because of their price guarantee (it went on sale briefly).

Please remember when the time comes to release a digital collector's edition. I am tired of collecting statues.

grave_danger

Neo Member
Finally had the chance to play Ryse today. Gawwwwddddd damn that game looks good. Hands down best looking game I've ever seen.

Edit: I think Ryse should also end the discussion about 900p vs 1080p. I have both a PS4 and Xbox One and Ryse is far and away better looking than anything I've seen on both consoles.

Mononoke

Banned
Finished Ryse last night. My fave next gen game so far.

Id rather a short game which is just packed with action then a game with loads of filler content and fetch quests to artificially lengthen the game. Enjoyed every minute of it and cant wait to go through it again on harder difficulty.

DR3 is next - having fun with it but im not much of an open world game kinda guy - seems to be a lot of fetch quests so far but im only at level 10

Ryse is actually great. Seriously, I never thought I would say that in a million years. But it's so much fun. Combat mechanics are tight, and are really enjoyable to pull off. Graphics are astonishing. And the story is awesome.

I'm taking my time with the game, only doing a chapter a day. But I'm surprised at how much I loved this game. And while the game is repetitive, it's not different than 99% of FPS. To me, the setting + the pleasure of the combat makes it a better game than those games.

So guys, if you don't mind me asking, how is the suspend mode-to-resume gameplay feature on Xbox?

Haven't heard a peep about this feature's usability ever since, and was wondering what's up with that.

Ryse is actually great. Seriously, I never thought I would say that in a million years. But it's so much fun. Combat mechanics are tight, and are really enjoyable to pull off. Graphics are astonishing. And the story is awesome.

I'm taking my time with the game, only doing a chapter a day. But I'm surprised at how much I loved this game. And while the game is repetitive, it's not different than 99% of FPS. To me, the setting + the pleasure of the combat makes it a better game than those games.

Agreed. There was not one moment of filler in Ryse that i didnt enjoy.

It's so funny - this forum slammed Ryse from day 1. QTE's, 900p etc etc - janky animations. Like everything on this forum - it was killed before it even launched.

Then it comes out and i couldnt disagree with the general consensus more. Fantastic graphics, loads of fun, great story - and for someone like me (Busy working professional with not much spare time) its basically the perfect game to play after work.

I enjoyed the combat, i enjoyed the story and i definitely loved the game. Solid 8/10 from me. Best looking game ive played on any console ever.

BondFancy

Everything works like a charm!!! Controller has no problems, can't hear the power brick, and the disk drive is working fine! Love the voice commands I can whisper anything and it will pick it up!

Also love smartglass ;)!

Everything works like a charm!!! Controller has no problems, can't hear the power brick, and the disk drive is working fine! Love the voice commands I can whisper anything and it will pick it up!

Also love smartglass ;)!

SmartGlass really is cool. I especially love the keyboard support. It works in both directions!

To follow up on my noise issue, I did some more research and watched some videos and I'm pretty sure my system fan is more audible than most. I called support, was on hold for 4 minutes waiting for a rep, spent 1 minute describing the problem (and I made it clear that I didn't think it was a major issue/super loud but that I was pretty sure that it was louder than most/fairly audible), the very friendly rep then enthusiastically suggested a replacement, and then after another 15 minutes registering my current console and setting up the replacement shipment they said they'd ship me a new unit that would be here in 2-3 business days, along with a prepaid box to send mine back to them.

A+ customer service, very pleased.
You serious? They don't need to take the old one in first? Thank the Gods. I might give them a call then. Mine is definitely louder than most I think

Help please :)

How do I sync the volume of my TV to the Kinect? I looked in system settings and can't find anything related to syncing the volume to voice commands. I bought my daughter her own Xbox One and she been trying to figure this out aswell to no success.

Thx guys!

Top Bottom