• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

veras

You serious? They don't need to take the old one in first? Thank the Gods. I might give them a call then. Mine is definitely louder than most I think

Yeah - they take your credit card number, and put a hold on your CC (but don't actually charge it). Once you receive the new unit, you have 15 days to ship the old one back to them (in the prepaid UPS box), or they will charge your CC for the replacement unit.

Help please :)

How do I sync the volume of my TV to the Kinect? I looked in system settings and can't find anything related to syncing the volume to voice commands. I bought my daughter her own Xbox One and she been trying to figure this out aswell to no success.

Thx guys!

Run the Kinect calibration tool. When it gets to the audio part, turn up the volume way up.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

How do I sync the volume of my TV to the Kinect? I looked in system settings and can't find anything related to syncing the volume to voice commands. I bought my daughter her own Xbox One and she been trying to figure this out aswell to no success.

Thx guys!

Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Devices

You can choose your TV there and Kinect so that it can talk to it.

Has anybody noticed that after a some use with the machine going into standby when turning it off, the home screen performance degrades? Today my Xbox One home screen felt sluggish, and I had to do a cold boot for it to go back to it's regular performance.

Was waiting at the bus stop for a bus that was delayed. Saw someone on a forum post about a clip they made that we should all check out. Went on SmartGlass on my phone and watched it there at the bus stop.

Technology. Goddamn.

Satchel

Banned
Where do I see the players list of whose I've been playing against?

Yeah they fucked that up.

A guy jumped into my DR3 game and firstly either we couldn't chat (he might have had no mic), but then I wanted to find him and there was no "recent players" search.

Seriously, Microsoft have taken MANY steps back from the way the 360 did things.

Not sure why. Makes no sense. All they had to do was keep what they had and ADD to it.

They really need to bring back:

1) Friend online notifications
2) Recent Players list
3) Auto chat when entering a party
4) Guide (no reason why Xbox button double tap can't bring it up)
5) Battery indicator
6) File management
7) Themes

They're the main ones I can think of right now

BondFancy

Of course my right trigger is squeaky LOL! Any way to fix that, don't want to send my day one controller in, not like it's super annoying but it's still noticeably 8D

malfcn

Was waiting at the bus stop for a bus that was delayed. Saw someone on a forum post about a clip they made that we should all check out. Went on SmartGlass on my phone and watched it there at the bus stop.

Technology. Goddamn.

If you have a data plan without a cap don't do that too often. I did at work and it instantly used a few hundred mb. Very cool feature though, but probably left best to wireless networks or with those high/unlimited caps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gamestop's site has black friday stuff up. Lego Marvel is $40, seems like the only real deal for the xbox.

A guy jumped into my DR3 game and firstly either we couldn't chat (he might have had no mic), but then I wanted to find him and there was no "recent players" search.

Seriously, Microsoft have taken MANY steps back from the way the 360 did things.

Not sure why. Makes no sense. All they had to do was keep what they had and ADD to it.

2) Recent Players list
5) Battery indicator
6) File management
7) Themes

I want them to overhaul the achievements somehow too. Was so quick and painless on 360 to just pop it open and see what it was, now I see a list of stuff I unlocked and have to manually open each one to see what they were. Minor stuff like that hurts the appeal of simple things like that to me, it's up there with syncing on why I never gave a shit about trophies.

Satchel

Banned
Gamestop's site has black friday stuff up. Lego Marvel is $40, seems like the only real deal for the xbox.

I want them to overhaul the achievements somehow too. Was so quick and painless on 360 to just pop it open and see what it was, now I see a list of stuff I unlocked and have to manually open each one to see what they were. Minor stuff like that hurts the appeal of simple things like that to me, it's up there with syncing on why I never gave a shit about trophies.

Not only that. I'm on my 360 as we speak and the achievemts I get on One don't show on 360?

Seriously, what the fuck Microsoft.

They have sooooooooooooooo much they need to fix.

2) Recent Players list
5) Battery indicator
6) File management
7) Themes

dam they got work to do.

Papercuts

Not only that. I'm on my 360 as we speak and the achievemts I get on One don't show on 360?

Seriously, what the fuck Microsoft.

They have sooooooooooooooo much they need to fix.

Check the xbox site. It's like the new console doesn't exist, it's really weird.

Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Devices

You can choose your TV there and Kinect so that it can talk to it.

Has anybody noticed that after a some use with the machine going into standby when turning it off, the home screen performance degrades? Today my Xbox One home screen felt sluggish, and I had to do a cold boot for it to go back to it's regular performance.

Thanks alot, I found it! Its asking me for Audio Receiver Number??? Im not sure what its talking about? I put my Directv DVR model number in and nothing, I even put my TV model number, and its giving me options of other numbers but nothing that remotely matches any of my numbers? Very lost here :(

derFeef

Aw, boo. There should be a setting for it being longer by default.
Also can you disable auto reccording/uploading for specific games?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Thanks alot, I found it! Its asking me for Audio Receiver Number??? Im not sure what its talking about? I put my Directv DVR model number in and nothing, I even put my TV model number, and its giving me options of other numbers but nothing that remotely matches any of my numbers? Very lost here :(

Once you are in Devices click on "TV model", choose the brand of TV you have and go through the automatic setup. Ignore the manual setup or the setup of your Cable and Audio receiver if all you want to do is control your TV volume with voice commands.

I have never done Cable or Audio receiver setup since I don't subscribe to cable, so I cannot help you there.

Have folks noticed that SkyDrive clips get uploaded with your real name in? So if you post a game clip and put the url on a forum, people know your name... Any idea how to disable that?

Rourkey

Is there official word on when to expect the first update? I'll probably take until march :/

well seeing everything, even settings, is an app potentially they could update it regularly/ In fact it could happen over night and if you've got your xbox set to auto update you might never know its happened!

Is their any log out there?

Guerrilla

well seeing everything, even settings, is an app potentially they could update it regularly/ In fact it could happen over night and if you've got your xbox set to auto update you might never know its happened!

Is their any log out there?

Let's hope they do. However, I hope you'll get a message with a changelog when you switch it on after an auto-update (probably won't happen though :/)

Btw. are any games at all coming out until the end of february? or do the ones we got have to suffice for the next 3 months?

Let's hope they do. However, I hope you'll get a message with a changelog when you switch it on after an auto-update (probably won't happen though :/)

Btw. are any games at all coming out until the end of february? or do the ones we got have to suffice for the next 3 months?
Peggle 2 and Halo Spartan assault

Guerrilla

Lol, my best friend just wanted to pick up his xbox one from our local gamestop. he is a single father, his gf passed away some month ago, and he couldn't go there earlier because of work and taking care of his 3 y/o son. We preordered together in June and put 30€ down for the preorder (the rest had to paid on pick up). Apparently the gamestop headquarters requested the console back and the shop sent them his preordered day one edition. Are they even allowed to do so? Any idea what my friend could do now? We are from Germany btw.

Hammer24

Banned
... because I injured my back.

Get well soon!

I swore MS said that every achievement would get recorded in a clip.

Its up to the dev to implement it, IIRC.

Also my router is working super weird with the console. Had NAT changed from Strict to Open earlier, then after shutting it off and turning it back on later it was on Strict again. I called my provider and walked through some stuff and in the middle of it the xbox IP address changed somehow but it's open...hope it stays like that.

I had the same problem. For some reason it kept changing the manually given IP address. The I named the console, and changed the router settings for port forwarding from IP to name, now it works flawlessly.

Question:
Did anyone get Smartglass to work for AC4? I enabled it in the games options, but no dice. :(

The only issue I'm having now is that if I start my Xbox without a mic it will always recognize my controller without a mic (even after I plug it in later). So I have to restart my entire console to stop having voices go through my TV.

I've disabled my Kinect's voice chat feature under settings already. But if I don't have my mic plugged in on startup it doesn't register. Weird. Any suggestions?

2) Recent Players list
5) Battery indicator
6) File management
7) Themes

I want my fallout 3 theme that I use on my xbox 360

Papercuts

The only issue I'm having now is that if I start my Xbox without a mic it will always recognize my controller without a mic (even after I plug it in later). So I have to restart my entire console to stop having voices go through my TV.

I've disabled my Kinect's voice chat feature under settings already. But if I don't have my mic plugged in on startup it doesn't register. Weird. Any suggestions?

Mine seems to do this, but you don't need to restart the entire console. Just turn off the controller with it plugged in. But yeah, it's annoying.

yankee666

Anyone knows if Amazon will have some XBO in stock for sale tomorrow?, i missed last week stock and i havent received an email yet

Maluf360

Thx guys!

Please GAF, correct me if I am wrong, but at least this option isn't available if I set my xbox to Brazil - this only shows up in the configuration when I change it to US.

So can you save game saves to the cloud? I know you can on the 360 if you have gold, but I didn't see an option of doing so on the One, it just auto saves to the HDD I guess?

Top Bottom