• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Awesome! I plan on selling my One after I beat DR3 and F5 and I didn't want to loose my cars so that is great news.

I can't believe there isn't a single demo for any of the retail games.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yes, if you want longer you need to snap the upload app and manually start/stop recording.

No, it's always recording the last 5 mins. "Xbox record that" will save the last 30 secs without stopping the game but if you want more than 30 you can say "Xbox go to Game DVR" and access the last 5 mins.

C Jones

Any BF4 players here? "Xbox Record That" doesn't save a clip for me over half the time. Seems to only be a multiplayer thing (I've saved clips in single player and on the menus perfectly every time). Kinect recognizes the command but when it comes to actually saving the clip it's hit or miss. Had no problem with the auto rank up clips though.

Ok my friend did say he saw the one for NBA Live, maybe I should have said no a single game than anyone that's not a soccer fan would want to play.

cool_dude

Banned
Configured it to work with my Sanyo projector. "Xbox on" works like magic, turning on my receiver and projector. Better than my harmony remote.

eshwaaz

I cannot get SmartGlass (iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4) to connect to my Xbox One. I am definitely using the correct SmartGlass app, and support is enabled in my console settings. I've tried inputting my IP address manually, messed with my router settings, and rebooted modem, router and console.

It's driving me absolutely crazy, especially since content for some games, like Dead Rising 3, are accessible only through SmartGlass. Anyone else having issues?

Hammer24

Banned
I cannot get SmartGlass (iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4) to connect to my Xbox One. I am definitely using the correct SmartGlass app, and support is enabled in my console settings. I've tried inputting my IP address manually, messed with my router settings, and rebooted modem, router and console.

It's driving me absolutely crazy, especially since content for some games, like Dead Rising 3, are accessible only through SmartGlass. Anyone else having issues?

It was like this for me, until I gave the box a custom name. Since then it picks it up instantly.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It just shows up for me. Using the windows phone version.

Any BF4 players here? "Xbox Record That" doesn't save a clip for me over half the time. Seems to only be a multiplayer thing (I've saved clips in single player and on the menus perfectly every time). Kinect recognizes the command but when it comes to actually saving the clip it's hit or miss. Had no problem with the auto rank up clips though.

This has happened to me a few times and only on BF. Stupid DICE and their buggy coding. I had some great oh shit moments on there. One time it did work and had a sweet video of a tank chasing me and I was able to go prone on it before it ran me over and went right over me! It was great it missed me and I ran off.

If anyone wants to follow me go for it... gamer tag is my screen name on here.

Trying to convince myself I need an xboxone. I have ps4 and a gaming pc! Should I bite if I see one?! Heeeelllllppppp!

It depends if you like the exclusives they offer. KI is great if you are a fan of the original. DR3 and Forza 5 as well. Ryse is pretty good,combat is deeper than you may think and the best graphics for the system. Then you need to look at the upcoming games next year which looks promising.

ekim

I tried this and it didn't work. Is there really nowhere in the store to find game demos??

What a joke!

Check all the games sections - in one of those, you can find the demos. I think it was top games. Make sure you select the 3 little white dots to open the overview.

Chitown B

Yeah they fucked that up.

A guy jumped into my DR3 game and firstly either we couldn't chat (he might have had no mic), but then I wanted to find him and there was no "recent players" search.

Seriously, Microsoft have taken MANY steps back from the way the 360 did things.

Not sure why. Makes no sense. All they had to do was keep what they had and ADD to it.

They really need to bring back:

1) Friend online notifications
2) Recent Players list
3) Auto chat when entering a party
4) Guide (no reason why Xbox button double tap can't bring it up)
5) Battery indicator
6) File management
7) Themes

They're the main ones I can think of right now

4) pretty sure any tap bumps you back to the home screen, so they'd have to implement some sort of delay, which would make backing out a lot slower.

5) Battery indicator doesn't work will on AA batteries - as shown in the 360. It sucked there, and was often wrong or jumped from 3/4 to 1/4. It only works well on built in lithium batteries, because all AA's are different. I'm sure that's what it wasn't included.

Razdek

Banned
I tried this and it didn't work. Is there really nowhere in the store to find game demos??

What a joke!

I changed my region to USA, restarted and a bing search for demos and they fifa and nba appeared. Beware that NBA Live 14 sucks donkey balls.

Ryse and AC4 bought, but I couldn't find a single copy of NBA 2K14. Seems they either under-shipped or it's a crazy popular title...

Bought some credit instead, so will download CD and Powerstar tonight...

C Jones

This has happened to me a few times and only on BF. Stupid DICE and their buggy coding. I had some great oh shit moments on there. One time it did work and had a sweet video of a tank chasing me and I was able to go prone on it before it ran me over and went right over me! It was great it missed me and I ran off.

If anyone wants to follow me go for it... gamer tag is my screen name on here.
Thanks for confirming. I did see a couple of other random posts about it on BF forums, but then some people seemed to think it was ok. Got some nice splatters with the quad bike last night and didn't get any of them saved. Guess I'll have to try snapping the game dvr for now.

Just been told by my family they have got me an Xbox One for Christmas.

Now I'm in two minds about this to be honest, one is that I'm delighted and really appreciative they have done something like this for me...

The other is the feeling of not wanting it, maybe I spend too many work break hours reading GAF but the more I read of the platform the less I want it and I'm feeling shitty about it. I don't see much positivity here at all, my friends are becoming bored with gaming or going PC/Nintendo. I have a PS4 coming tommorow and I'm not feeling as excited as I should be about that either.

Raide

Now I'm in two minds about this to be honest, one is that I'm delighted and really appreciative they have done something like this for me...

The other is the feeling of not wanting it, maybe I spend too many work break hours reading GAF but the more I read of the platform the less I want it and I'm feeling shitty about it. I don't see much positivity here at all, my friends are becoming bored with gaming or going PC/Nintendo. I have a PS4 coming tommorow and I'm not feeling as excited as I should be about that either.

Keep it. You have all your bases covered for any of the exclusive games that appear. Its not like you had to burn money on an Xbox and now you wonder if you should have bothered. Get free stuff!

Razdek

Banned

Having both systems both are kind of disappointing but I find myself using the Xbox One a lot more for the games and media functionality.

T.O.P

Banned
Looked for Ryse today at Gamestop, no dice.

Same here, grabbed a D1 copy from Amazon for 54€ wich is pretty good

Gonna download Crimson Dragon too later, still excited to play that even if the reviews put me off at launch

If i'll be able to stop playing Killer Instinct and Dead Rising anyway :/

derFeef

I bought a second controller, the d-pad feels much better somehow than the chrome day1 one. Trying it out in KI in a minute.

Xbox, fail to recognize my voice whenever I try to demo you to friends or relatives so I look like an idiot.

You tend to speak differently when other people are around :) Also I recalibrated Kinect with the volume really high, now it works much better.

Xbox, fail to recognize my voice whenever I try to demo you to friends or relatives so I look like an idiot.

Lol, all my friends try to scream commands at the xbox at once and decide voice commands suck. Not sure what they expect when 6+ people are yelling different commands at it at the same time.

I bought a second controller, the d-pad feels much better somehow than the chrome day1 one. Trying it out in KI in a minute.

You tend to speak differently when other people are around :) Also I recalibrated Kinect with the volume really high, now it works much better.
I did the high volume calibration, I think I may do it one more time super cranked. In general it works very well just never when I try to demo it :)

I did the high volume calibration, I think I may do it one more time super cranked. In general it works very well just never when I try to demo it :)
just remember - you cant ever do "super cranked" it will tell you your speakers are too loud. It sucks, my speakers are ridiculously big and my sub is 1500w so i cant go too hard or it just tells me it wont calibrate as its too loud :/ kinect seems to read a bit better but the loudest i could go on mine was about -28 dB using PCM on my AVR

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How do I save or upload clips?

Also is the controller supposed to have 2 red lights flashing on top? Is it the interaction with Kinect?

How do I save or upload clips?

Also is the controller supposed to have 2 red lights flashing on top? Is it the interaction with Kinect?

if i was you mate id say "xbox help" and check out the new features. it literally explains to you how to do EVERYTHING. from "Xbox record that" to the snap/DVR recording to the upload studio. it will answer all your questions.

yes about the flashing red lights - dont worry about it.

Was going to post this in the Killer Instict thread, but decided to post here...
Any pad users had issues with their pads?
6DVaWTT.jpg

Where the white circles are, it is as if has come "loose" if you press down then you can hear a click and feel it move much like you hear when you press a direction on the d-pad

Top Bottom