• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Just been told by my family they have got me an Xbox One for Christmas.

Now I'm in two minds about this to be honest, one is that I'm delighted and really appreciative they have done something like this for me...

The other is the feeling of not wanting it, maybe I spend too many work break hours reading GAF but the more I read of the platform the less I want it and I'm feeling shitty about it. I don't see much positivity here at all, my friends are becoming bored with gaming or going PC/Nintendo. I have a PS4 coming tommorow and I'm not feeling as excited as I should be about that either.

while both may not seem that great right now: they both will really shine next year- exclusives for both look great.

Chitown B

Now I'm in two minds about this to be honest, one is that I'm delighted and really appreciative they have done something like this for me...

The other is the feeling of not wanting it, maybe I spend too many work break hours reading GAF but the more I read of the platform the less I want it and I'm feeling shitty about it. I don't see much positivity here at all, my friends are becoming bored with gaming or going PC/Nintendo. I have a PS4 coming tommorow and I'm not feeling as excited as I should be about that either.

Only in America.

I dont own any XBox consoles but just saw this. Wanted to make sure to pass it on. From Slickdeals
MicrosoftStore.com has Xbox 360 Live 12-Month Gold Membership Subscription Card or Download for $40. Shipping is Free. Thanks WeirdBeard

Serious solution: accept it and donate it to Child's Play or some deserving family who can't afford one and will appreciate it more than you. It will make you feel better than owning the box itself since you're not that excited about it.

EBE

dont know where to ask this, but has anyone received their $10 coupon code from the Microsoft Store for pre ordering games from there? id like to get Killer Instinct already.

loving the first party launch line up on the xbox. dont care for battlefield, cod, nfs, or the sports games. great system. everything has gone without a hitch

simples

Banned
can you charge eneloop batteries by putting them in the controller and then plugging the micro USB in?

or is the charge station the only way

Special C

I think we still need a little more detailed explanation on how the new party system is supposed to work. The thing posted on Major Nelsons blog is about as vague as the party system itself.

BondFancy

Also I figured I'd note that "Xbox On" works for me everytime, and voice commands work about 85-90% of the time for me! Only complaint is that sometimes I get a little lag when snapping or leaving a game by going home, maybe my settings for my tv are a bit off. Also what color bit amount should I have for my tv 24, 30, or 36?

Also if it helps I have a 32 inch 720p insignia led tv!

There was a video earlier in this thread about somebody opening their day one controller and tightening the bumper screw. Does anybody know where I can find it? This thread moves pretty fast.

Tarahiro

Loving the console so far. I've been very distracted by it all week.

Voice works well for me. I've had a few times where i've had to repeat 'xbox on' or 'xbox record that' but everything else is fine.

I really like the multitasking. Yesterday I was playing AC4 and my friend sent me a message asking if I could tell him how much KI ultra version was...it was brilliant being able to take a quick look in the marketplace without having to quit out of my game.

I had my uncle round last weekend to watch the football and dr who - he came round early so I put on Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason and much fun was had so i'll definitely be adding that to my 'must buy' list when the full game is out. Very impressed with how responsive it is.

I never owned the original Kinect so all this motion control (without a special controller like the Wii) and voice commands makes me feel quite magical so I really like it!

Serious solution: accept it and donate it to Child's Play or some deserving family who can't afford one and will appreciate it more than you. It will make you feel better than owning the box itself since you're not that excited about it.

I usually donate my consoles to children's homes for when the new ones arrive. Good call.

DaNcaKe

Managed to grab a Day One from Amazon on Tuesday, looks like it's been lost in transit.

Ughhhh. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to get a Day One replacement, and it's going to take some time regardless of which edition.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
well, Im sure you'd feel the same about PS4 atm

My experties? Sell it once Infamous releases and buy a PS4

Why? You'd miss Titanfall and Quantum Break plus many others.

Femto.

Does anyone else's Xbox take a longgg time to pick your router/internet connection from a cold boot?

Every time I had turned on the system from a cold boot it would not be connected to Xbox Live and I'd have to connect to my router again. However, I just let it sit there last night after a cold boot and it took a minute for the system to connect to my internet. Realizing that it wasn't an issue with my router or the device, just that it takes a LONG time to get everything up and running from a cold boot.

The Flash

Banned
How do I get the Uplay Passport for ACIV? I know it was canceled but says that I need one in order to do Edward's Fleet. I got the digital copy of the game and didn't get a code or anything for it. It says to buy it in the Store but I can't find it there either.

EDIT: nvm

So a question/clarification.

I will be taking my XB1 from US here to India in December.

So the blu-rays I own/bought in the US will work there right?

And XB1 itself is region free right? So, game DVDs bought from any place should work

Flaxh

After going through hell to grab a day one edition online, I received my console 2 days ago and had a great time with KI and FIFA 14. Picked up Forza 5 today and found out that my console had mysteriously bricked during the day :(

After being forced to own 5 different 360s because of hardware malfunctions, I feel really disapointed with Microsoft, specially after spending 3 hours chatting with support to fix the issue and then get a replacement unit just to be told that I should wait for a call that has yet to happen.

After going through hell to grab a day one edition online, I received my console 2 days ago and had a great time with KI and FIFA 14. Picked up Forza 5 today and found out that my console had mysteriously bricked during the day :(

After being forced to own 5 different 360s because of hardware malfunctions, I feel really disapointed with Microsoft, specially after spending 3 hours chatting with support to fix the issue and then get a replacement unit just to be told that I should wait for a call that has yet to happen.

That sucks, but as of yet the HW quality of XB1 is far better than 360. As always, as with PS4, Nexus 5, etc there will always be some risk of electronics being defective.

nate75

So a question/clarification.

I will be taking my XB1 from US here to India in December.

So the blu-rays I own/bought in the US will work there right?

And XB1 itself is region free right? So, game DVDs bought from any place should work

games maybe region free but dvd/blu-rays are still region locked ,tried a region 1 disc wouldnt play popped a wrong region message ,blu-rays maybe fine as most are released region free still beware some may not work

DD-11

Has anyone had trouble getting clips to skydrive? I go to upload, find the clip, select the clip, menu and then save to SkyDrive. But nothing shows there in my x1 app, my phone's or my computer's.

Any advice?

Top Bottom