• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

ChrisV

I see a lot of people in here looking for a copy of Ryse. I posted in the For Sale thread that I'm trying to get rid of my copy for $40. Let me know if you're interested.

frey

I just can't get the voice command "Xbox, record that" to work. I'd say it's my accent but that's really the only command that doesn't work.

Anyone else have bother with it?

Razdek

Banned
Has anyone had trouble getting clips to skydrive? I go to upload, find the clip, select the clip, menu and then save to SkyDrive. But nothing shows there in my x1 app, my phone's or my computer's.

Any advice?

The videos are stored in Pictures/Xbox Game DVR folder on your Skydrive account.

Lima

Goodbye Xbox. Mario is now waiting for me. I'm gonna be back soon I promise. At least I'm not playing with the PS4, so no hard feelings. That thing is sitting there in its box.

Sojgat

There needs to be a system wide option to turn off controller vibration, like yesterday.

I opted out of that terrible gimmick around 15 years ago (after MGS1), I can't play BF4 with this shit buzzing away all the time.

I just can't get the voice command "Xbox, record that" to work. I'd say it's my accent but that's really the only command that doesn't work.

It could be the one command I've never had a problem with. I mean I've only used it like twice, but still.

Is BF4 the best FPS so far?

It could be the one command I've never had a problem with. I mean I've only used it like twice, but still.

Is BF4 the best FPS so far?
Today was the first time I had it not work for me, took two attempts. I use it a lot too.

I'm I correct in saying that store items will download when the console is off in standby or whatever it's called?

I have most problem with record that command. Maybe game music/sounds interfering with it, not sure.

Other commands work pretty well, maybe 90% success rate.

Also, discovered that when Xbox is in listening mode, say anything in green and you are good to go. Loved doing that to delete a bunch of DVR clips.

Do snapped apps take an extremely long time to load up? Netflix has been loading for almost 5 minutes now....
Although twitch seemed to load up alright.

Edit: nvm, netflix isn't loading up at all, error with the service or something. oh well

Yes, I've had issues with that command a significant number of times

pacman85

got onto the store but it shows $60 from what I can tell.
Yeah that deal is dead. It looks like the best option is to hold out until Monday to see if you can get one of those ones from eBay for $35. Other places may match beat that. Especially with one year of PS+ being only $22 on NewEgg.

sportz103

After waiting ever since pre-ordering back on June 10, I finally got to setup my XB1 now that I'm home for Thanksgiving. It's really pretty and shiny, unfortunately it makes an insanely loud grinding noise (to the point where it's not even worth using) so now I'm stuck waiting a week or so for Microsoft to replace it. If only the disc drive was broken instead, at least I could get a free game then :(

Enjoy the next-gen everyone!

sith ewok

Today was the first time I had it not work for me, took two attempts. I use it a lot too.

I'm I correct in saying that store items will download when the console is off in standby or whatever it's called?

In standby, it will download updates for any games that you have installed. When you turn the system back on, the icon squares for those games will have a controller with a plus sign. Works great.

My only problem with Xbox record that is that I always forget to say it when something cool happens. haha. The times I've tried the command, it has worked every time. The only voice command I'm having trouble with is "Xbox, go to Netflix" I don't know if I say Netflix weird or something, but it almost always ends up on some other random app.

After extensive time with the DS4 today, I can safely say that I don't like it and I vastly prefer the One controller. The DS4's handles are too... straight, for me. I prefer the angle the DS3/One controller is at.

sangreal

After going through hell to grab a day one edition online, I received my console 2 days ago and had a great time with KI and FIFA 14. Picked up Forza 5 today and found out that my console had mysteriously bricked during the day :(

After being forced to own 5 different 360s because of hardware malfunctions, I feel really disapointed with Microsoft, specially after spending 3 hours chatting with support to fix the issue and then get a replacement unit just to be told that I should wait for a call that has yet to happen.

This is the first report I've seen of a console bricking that worked out of the box. What are the symptoms?

oVerde

Banned
Just finished Ryse, and what a game!

Of what simplistic game mechanics it have, is outstanding in every other aspects.

If Crytek knows something, is how to make you feel badass!

Razdek

Banned
After waiting ever since pre-ordering back on June 10, I finally got to setup my XB1 now that I'm home for Thanksgiving. It's really pretty and shiny, unfortunately it makes an insanely loud grinding noise (to the point where it's not even worth using) so now I'm stuck waiting a week or so for Microsoft to replace it. If only the disc drive was broken instead, at least I could get a free game then :(

Enjoy the next-gen everyone!

Did you try flipping it over and giving it a solid slap as there were reports by doing that they were able to get it working again.

Defect

They need to fix party chat and game invites. Took my friend and I a good 10 minutes to set up a private match in Killer Instinct. It pisses me off that they threw out everything that made Xbox Live on 360 the best.

Am I really too dumb to figure out how to get to the top level of the Xbox One Store after you've been taken to specific page in the store from a different app? Is there any way around this?

sangreal

Am I really too dumb to figure out how to get to the top level of the Xbox One Store after you've been taken to specific page in the store from a different app? Is there any way around this?

its broken; go to dashboard then RB to get to store tab, then pick a section from there

It's the one command I have to say multiple times as well. I hope they can optimize it or something, cause I keep wasting like a third of the actually recorded video saying "Xbox record that" like three times.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So been playing for almost a week now. I actually unplugged my PS4 the whole time. I needed to clean to make room for this big ass box, and I just never got around to hooking PS4 back up. Probably will tonight or tomorrow though, been missing Resogun. But I think it's a pretty good sign as far as how engaging I've found the system. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, all getting lots of hours, along with some Ghosts multiplayer... Haven't tried party stuff, don't know anyone who has picked up next-gen yet, so that's not getting me down. Some things are clunky and need ironing out, but overall I've been enjoying it more than maybe I thought I would. New bumpers have grown on me, I now really like the design. I just wish there were more FLOPS :(

Both are pretty big games and also fairly different. I would say AC 4 just for overall content but having just spent my first 8 hours with DR3. Man. Its been good fun.
I know they are vastly different but I'm looking for an adventure game and I don't really wanna buy both right now :(
Thanks for your recommendation, I am leaning towards Assassins Creed

Between those two, AC4.
The choice is becoming even more clear, thanks :)

Best Buy in my area had 22 Xbox Ones today and they were all sold immediately. Saw my friend working in Best Buy tonight and that's what he told me. PS4 was also sold out but I don't know if they even had any in stock in the first place.

BlindRage

So is it messed up/wrong if I picked up bf4 from GameStop for $25, used my coupon from when I bought it at launch and returned it for $60, then traded up for x1 for $10?

I just realized the Rumble Triggers on my Day One controller aren't working... not sure if I accidentally disabled the feature or something. :/

EDIT: Switched to my second controller and the Rumble Triggers are working just fine... so I didn't disable the option on my account/Forza, if that's even possible. I don't really miss the Rumble Triggers, but still, I guess I want my controller to work 100%... think if I call Microsoft I'd get a replacement?

EDIT 2: Heh.. batteries were just low. I didn't know the Xbox One controller disabled the rumble after batteries are low. Can't believe I've already piratically drained the batteries in 6 days. lol

Top Bottom