• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Thrax

Banned
Can not get Oneguide to work reliably on some Xfinity channels here in Atlanta.

Even though I've gone into prefs and selected "HD channels only", when selecting via voice or even the controller some of the channels end up as SD (even though I am 100% sure HD is available) or end up going to another station.

For example Channel 802
This is "Peachtree TV HD" here in Atlanta.

I say "Xbox, watch Peachtree TV"
It dials in "02" rather than "802" which is some religious station in SD.
(All HD channels start with either a 7 or 8)
Selecting via the controller yields the same results.

I have several of these channels with similar issues.

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Got back from Walmart with a Bone. I really dislike the ergonomics of the controller. I loved the 360 controller, and thought it to be pretty much perfect. Been playing PS4 all week and really enjoy that controller as well. I really dislike the angle of the grips. I am still waiting for DR3 to download so maybe my opinion will change. The download speeds are garbage in comparison to the PS4. Hoping to see that improved soon. I will say I like the voice commands, they work much better than the original Kinect and can see myself actually using them. In about a week I'll do a big write up about the differences between the two systems. I was very impressed by the snapiness of PS4 and was expecting to be more so by the XB1 and am surprised how underwhelmed I am. But it's too early for me to discredit it completely as I've only had it for a few hours. The download speeds are terrible though.

Bsigg12

I just realized the Rumble Triggers on my Day One controller aren't working... not sure if I accidentally disabled the feature or something. :/

EDIT: Switched to my second controller and the Rumble Triggers are working just fine... so I didn't disable the option on my account/Forza, if that's even possible. I don't really miss the Rumble Triggers, but still, I guess I want my controller to work 100%... think if I call Microsoft I'd get a replacement?

Mine shut off right before my controller died so I'm inclined to believe its a battery thing because they work just fine with fresh batteries.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mine shut off right before my controller died so I'm inclined to believe its a battery thing because they work just fine with fresh batteries.

Yeah, kinda wish there was a proper battery warning in place

Was playing ranked KI which has no rumble and it just flat out died mid match

B-Dex

Always make sure you won't regret it before you buy it.

Crimson Dragon is actually fun. You have to level your dragons up though. They will start attacking faster and doing more dmg. So if you think your main attack is slow try doing some easier missions over and leveling up and evolving them.

Yeah you gotta grind a bit but it isn't as bad as reviews made it seem. You can find missions that will give your dragon anywhere from 2-3 levels a run.

I just got back from Best Buy and set up my Xbox One. The disc drive is defective.

If I submit the broken console via the web site do they give me a free game via the "Advance Exchange" program, or do I have to call to get that?

Really, really sucks to be sitting here with 4 games and can't play them.

I just got back from Best Buy and set up my Xbox One. The disc drive is defective.

If I submit the broken console via the web site do they give me a free game via the "Advance Exchange" program, or do I have to call to get that?

Really, really sucks to be sitting here with 4 games and can't play them.

Did you try hitting it? Seems to have fixed it for a lot of people.

Hammer24

Banned
Also what color bit amount should I have for my tv 24, 30, or 36?

Also if it helps I have a 32 inch 720p insignia led tv!

Looks like that's an older TV, those only support 24bit.

Does anyone else's Xbox take a longgg time to pick your router/internet connection from a cold boot?

Every time I had turned on the system from a cold boot it would not be connected to Xbox Live and I'd have to connect to my router again. However, I just let it sit there last night after a cold boot and it took a minute for the system to connect to my internet. Realizing that it wasn't an issue with my router or the device, just that it takes a LONG time to get everything up and running from a cold boot.

Try giving your console a custom name. Solved a lot of problems (NAT opens immediately, Smartglass now works) for me.

Gorki247

In standby, it will download updates for any games that you have installed. When you turn the system back on, the icon squares for those games will have a controller with a plus sign. Works great.

The "controller +" sign means there is extra content for your game such as DLC. You can check this by pressing the menu button when the game tile is highlighted and selecting 'show all add-ons'. I suppose this could include title updates, but I haven't seen any myself; maybe those are hidden.

When do games normally get released on the marketplace. I'm looking to get Lego Marvel today, but it's not available to buy in the UK yet, even though it's out today.

Hammer24

Banned
When do games normally get released on the marketplace. I'm looking to get Lego Marvel today, but it's not available to buy in the UK yet, even though it's out today.

Looks like it got postponed.

That's not the only thing you have to worry about going bad. My Kinect died yesterday for no apparent reason and when I checked Xbox.com there were plenty of people with the same problem.

What happened exactly to your Kinect?

I think I somehow ended up in a weird state where I lost my Killer Instinct save :/

Took my Xbox to my parents house earlier, and everything worked fine for a while. Then I setup my 2 nephews with their Xbox Live accounts on my system, so while we were playing killer instinct the facial recognition stuff would keep signing us in and out if we switched controllers or moved away (which would also quit the current match and exit to the main menu, since it detected a profile change)

Then I remember getting to the sync screen, but the text was all glitched. Then I played Killer Instinct and noticed that nothing was unlocked anymore.

Even with all the fancy automatic syncing stuff, I really hope there's eventually a way to access versioned save files. Everything would be fine if I could just revert to my save from the night before...

Prior to launch my local EB rep was really down on XBox One interest. Skip to today, my GF tried to buy one for my brother and both JB and EB Games were completely out of stock and also sold out of Ryse.

Good to see a healthy interest in both of the new consoles.

Flaxh

This is the first report I've seen of a console bricking that worked out of the box. What are the symptoms?

Yeah, I was really shocked when the green screen kept showing up after 30min because I thought that would only happen before the day one update.

The only thing I did before it bricked was moving it from my bedroom to the living room before sleeping. Im contacting support again for the 3rd time, let's see if I can finally get a replacement... Unbelievable!

Is there a way to switch regions so I can buy games from the US?

I'm in the UK but was wondering if I can buy digital games cheaper from different marketplace's using my UK tag.

MCD

Can someone help my friend? I need a UK 240V Xbox One Power Supply.

Any idea where I can find one or maybe someone can buy and ship it for me? I can pay via Paypal.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
I ended up having Microsoft send me a replacement. I had slightly abnormal noise coming from the system's fan, nothing too loud. However I talked to a bunch of people and lots have been saying their systems are dead silent. So I contacted Microsoft over and my replacement should arrive in 3-5 working days.

Top Bottom