• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Anyone had issues with discs getting some sort of glue or sticky stuff on them when you take them out the disc drive?

Its happened to Ryse, Battlefield and Fifa. I clean them when I take them out of the disc tray, they're clean when I put them into the console then when I take them out they've got all sticky stuff on the bottom.

Shall I call MS about it?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Anyone had issues with discs getting some sort of glue or sticky stuff on them when you take them out the disc drive?

Its happened to Ryse, Battlefield and Fifa. I clean them when I take them out of the disc tray, they're clean when I put them into the console then when I take them out they've got all sticky stuff on the bottom.

Shall I call MS about it?

Dude, what? Do you have kids?

sCHOCOLATE

Nope, i'll take a picture next time. I like my discs to be clean, I don't really understand it

I wonder if the residue you're seeing on the discs are from your One's Blu-Ray drive and related to the failures some owners have observed? Perhaps too much or not enough grease/lubricant was used on the Blu-Ray drive spindle? In your case, if it was excess lubricant, that's what is coating your clean discs? If it was not enough lubricant, that's what is causing the grinding noise on other Xbox Ones.

What colour is the residue? Does it have any odour? Is it oily or paste-like?

oVerde

Banned
When I finished Ryse, I wondered in how can't developers do 900p or higher on other games, seriously. I will do a second run on that game!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
There is now a Zoo Tycoon demo on the store:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=724975

Got the demo for my girlfriend last night and ended up buying the game. She really likes it. Probably not worth $60 but it's pretty decent and she and the kids will get a lot of play time out of it. The stupid thing was the demo was almost the same size as the final game but when I purchased I had to redownload the whole thing again, I was hoping it would just unlock or patch the demo to the full version. Not a huge deal since it's small but it would have been nice.

I wonder if the residue you're seeing on the discs are from your One's Blu-Ray drive and related to the failures some owners have observed? Perhaps too much or not enough grease/lubricant was used on the Blu-Ray drive spindle? In your case, if it was excess lubricant, that's what is coating your clean discs? If it was not enough lubricant, that's what is causing the grinding noise on other Xbox Ones.

What colour is the residue? Does it have any odour? Is it oily or paste-like?

It was clear, I have a little cloth to clean them with, little marks, i'd have said more paste-like but when I took Fifa out a second ago it didn't seem to have it. Maybe it worsens the longer I have the disc in there.

Playing Ryse at the moment which i'll probably have a reasonably long session on so when I'm done it'll give me a chance to check it again.

Hammer24

Banned
It was clear, I have a little cloth to clean them with, little marks, i'd have said more paste-like but when I took Fifa out a second ago it didn't seem to have it. Maybe it worsens the longer I have the disc in there.

Playing Ryse at the moment which i'll probably have a reasonably long session on so when I'm done it'll give me a chance to check it again.

Don´t fap too close to your electronics!

On another note: fucking Ryse! Shit spoiled me to no end. I´m now playing AC4, and while I enjoy the gameplay and story, there are so many small things graphically that nag at me. Ryse had so many things going on in the background that made the gameworld seem alive, AC4 looks downright dead in comparison.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Not many XBL deals for Black Friday this year it seems.

Yeah, that's why I'm glad I got the Day One Live card when I got my system, was $20 off so got a year of live for $40 with Killer Instinct.

I'm assuming no one has any real deals on games? I kind of want to pick Ryse up but not at $60

BlindRage

Yeah, that's why I'm glad I got the Day One Live card when I got my system, was $20 off so got a year of live for $40 with Killer Instinct.

I'm assuming no one has any real deals on games? I kind of want to pick Ryse up but not at $60

Toys R Us has b1 get one 40% off, or target has a coupon out there for 30% off 2 games and could just return the one you didn't want

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up BF4. Pretty impressed with the single player. Looking forward to jumping into the MP. Going to be a steep learning curve. Haven't played BF in a long time.

Also, my PVR fast forwards and rewinds really poorly going through my X1. Another reason to unplug it I guess since I doubt there is a fix for that.

Amazon has Ryse right now for $49.99, my brother took the plunge and is loving it so far (I also got Ryse for $49 even with Best Buys price match garantee) don't let the reviews make the decision for you, it's a fun game and a real showpiece for the system showing off what the X1 is capable of.

Sanic

Full charge on my energizer 2000 mAh standard ones lasted me 7 days before the pad completely died. I was happy with that but want some better rechargeable batteries.

Been using the included AA batteries since last Friday. Lol

About 30-40 hours I read.

Thanks guys.

One other quick question: You can save screenshots like you can videos, correct? And we're for sure getting youtube, etc. uploads next year in addition to streaming?

Wait it came with the full game of Killer Instinct? Thought it just came with ONE Bonus character?

Chitown B

Thanks guys.

One other quick question: You can save screenshots like you can videos, correct? And we're for sure getting youtube, etc. uploads next year in addition to streaming?

No screen shots (natively - though you could open your skydrive video and screenshot it). Youtube should be coming later, and Twitch streaming will also come.

I ended up having Microsoft send me a replacement. I had slightly abnormal noise coming from the system's fan, nothing too loud. However I talked to a bunch of people and lots have been saying their systems are dead silent. So I contacted Microsoft over and my replacement should arrive in 3-5 working days.

You can slightly hear the fan (whirling noise) on my console, but I thought it was just the norm.

You can slightly hear the fan (whirling noise) on my console, but I thought it was just the norm.

I bought 2 Xbox One's, both are extremely silent. For kicks I just turned the TV all the way down and cannot hear a thing. If I put my ear up next to the system I can hear the fan just slightly, if I move a foot away I can just barely make out fan noise, anything I'd say beyond a foot and a half It's dead silent, I hear absolutely nothing but me breathing.

oVerde

Banned
Still have to play some Dead Rising, Forza is damn neat and smooth, but the Cr grinding might get boring someday. KI and Ryse are a blast.

I was looking after another controller and damn, here in Brazil they cost me 115 dollars.
fuck me!

I know it depends on the battery, but how long are the controllers lasting on a single set of batteries?

On the Duracells that came with my controller, since Friday I've played...

11 hours of Forza
15 hours of Ghosts
1 hour of Dead Rising 3
1 hour of Killer Instinct
and 123 hours of Battlefield 4 (lol?)

My batteries just died today. :p So I'd say the reports of 35 hours or so are accurate. :)

Naked Lunch

On the Duracells that came with my controller, since Friday I've played...

11 hours of Forza
15 hours of Ghosts
1 hour of Dead Rising 3
1 hour of Killer Instinct
and 123 hours of Battlefield 4 (lol?)

My batteries just died today. :p So I'd say the reports of 35 hours or so are accurate. :)

That is a fucking monster gaming week. awesome!
BF4 is just too damn good - so addicting its scary - its going to be dangerous. 64 player hour long games go by which seems in minutes. 64 players, 60fps makes all the difference in the world. I found myself stayed up playing it till 6am 3 times already. Then I got KI and Forza as the icing. Too much of a good thing at once. My play and change kit just now needed recharged, after a similar game time of about 30-40 hours. Very long bat life.

BondFancy

Cod Ghosts looks horrible, but BF4 is gorgeous and that 60fps is beautiful when it doesn't crash to the dashboard lmao! Anyone know what the voice commands are for it so I can call for ammo, health, etc?

Cod Ghosts looks horrible, but BF4 is gorgeous and that 60fps is beautiful when it doesn't crash to the dashboard lmao! Anyone know what the voice commands are for it so I can call for ammo, health, etc?

Go into Settings -> Kinect and it has the full list of commands there.

Top Bottom