• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Nori Chan

I was skyping with someone and playing call of duty at the same time and I realized I was also in game chat so people in the lobby could hear me.

Is there a way to turn game chat off? I tried being in a party and then putting party chat on and then call on skype but that didn't work either.

Networker

Banned
I was skyping with someone and playing call of duty at the same time and I realized I was also in game chat so people in the lobby could hear me.

Is there a way to turn game chat off? I tried being in a party and then putting party chat on and then call on skype but that didn't work either.

Yes, I am not near my console at this time but I can tell you roughly.
Go to setting>and Kinect, on the left side you should see an option to disable chat via Kinect.

I saw this option few days ago, I might be wrong though.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
So on average my games are taking 2 hours or so to update and install to the hard drive, is this normal? Last one was ac4 which took 2 and a half hours after putting the disc in last night.

m23

So I'm having issues with being in a party with someone and trying to play online in other games. If I'm in a party with someone and I try to play KI or Ryse online, it invites the person in my party to the game rather than finding someone else to play with. Is there a way around this?

Anion

Yeah, I had that issue on forza too. I ended up muting everyone...which is dumb.
Apparenly in BF4 you can turn it off in the settings, so try finding that. However, Im pretty sure you cant do that in Forza so...

So I'm having issues with being in a party with someone and trying to play online in other games. If I'm in a party with someone and I try to play KI or Ryse online, it invites the person in my party to the game rather than finding someone else to play with. Is there a way around this?

Yeah Ive had this issue when my friend in BF4 invites me while im in Forza. He ended up "turning off" (putting into standby) and tried again and it worked. I think that is one of the bugs that people are annoyed at.

Mononoke

Banned

Good question. Dunno. I know you can go to Settings, and then go to Kinect and check off "Use Kinect for Chat".

But I'm not sure if that will screw up your Skype chat.

Redshirt

Banned
The section of Ryse where you have to "defeat the archers" on the way to the catapult was infuriating the first time through, on Centurion. I bet it'll be a bitch on Legendary.

I finally purchased Crimson Dragon tonight and will give that a whirl tomorrow.

Sanic

How can I fully shut down the console without unplugging it?

Mentioned a few pages ago, but the fans stay on when the console is in standby, and I can't have that.

Jeff-DSA

Dumb question, but does anybody know if there's an official acronym? Is it X1, XB1? I know that Microsoft always writes Xbox One, but for categorization purposes on my site I want to use X1 or XB1.

clear31

The advanced exchange program thing has them send a new console to you within 3-5 working days. Then you put your console in the box and send it back to them. They'll put a hold on your card just in case you don't send them your old console within 14 days of you getting the new one.

i don't know about you but don't you think it's pretty dumb that they aren't compensating us with faulty consoles??

Mine has a loose HDMI port and will turn off on me. It just wont turn on or shuts off as soon as the home menu pops up. I called microsoft and got the same response as you, the free game is only for those with broken drives. So my console sits here bricked but i'm not viewed the same as other microsoft customers with broken drives

Dumb question, but does anybody know if there's an official acronym? Is it X1, XB1? I know that Microsoft always writes Xbox One, but for categorization purposes on my site I want to use X1 or XB1.
I saw XBONE used at Toys R Us in their games selection... XBOX DEAD RISING XBONE FORZA 5 XBONE MADDEN, etc

X1 would have issues with Comcast, so no chance. XB1 maybe, but Microsoft just goes with Xbox One.

Heysoos

Is there a problem with Xbox Live? I just have constantly spinning loading on the sides... My connection is completely fine though. :/

Nothing works, I'll click an app, and it just stays there... What gives?

wellp. My Xbox One is not loading anything anymore.

Heysoos

Is there a problem with Xbox Live? I just have constantly spinning loading on the sides... My connection is completely fine though. :/

Nothing works, I'll click an app, and it just stays there... What gives?

wellp. My Xbox One is not loading anything anymore.

Well. I got it to work again, somewhat. I unplugged my console and then plugged back in. The only issue now is that it refuses to connect to Xbox Live, it's connected through ethernet and my internet is fine. I'm checking network settings. Ran a Test Network connection and it's fine, ran a test multiplayer connection and even though it took like half a minute, I got an "It's all good", then ran the Detailed Network Statistics and I'm getting insanely high to moderately high ping everytime I run it. Talking about 115ms-400+. My download speeds are way lower than what I'm supposed to get, my upload speed is completely fine though. 2% packet loss on download and 0% on upload. MTU is 1480 whatever that is. This is extremely frustrating, my connection is fine everywhere else.

Heysoos

Well. I got it to work again, somewhat. I unplugged my console and then plugged back in. The only issue now is that it refuses to connect to Xbox Live, it's connected through ethernet and my internet is fine. I'm checking network settings. Ran a Test Network connection and it's fine, ran a test multiplayer connection and even though it took like half a minute, I got an "It's all good", then ran the Detailed Network Statistics and I'm getting insanely high to moderately high ping everytime I run it. Talking about 115ms-400+. My download speeds are way lower than what I'm supposed to get, my upload speed is completely fine though. 2% packet loss on download and 0% on upload. MTU is 1480 whatever that is. This is extremely frustrating, my connection is fine everywhere else.

Well, tried removing my ethernet plug, added my wireless settings, now my downloads plummeted even further, NAT went from open or w/e to strict. I just don't know what's going on and it's getting on my nerves extremely bad. I've worked nonstop because of stupid black friday, so it's just making me a lot crankier, but my freaking 360 never had any speed problems, downloaded just as fast as Steam pretty much all the time. The only thing that has changed is the console, my router and modem are the same, tv is the same. Ugh.

Trying to find out what's going on and staying level headed, but I really don't want to be dealing with this shit after a long day of work I kind of just want to kick back and play DR3, not have to deal with this stupid networking problems that ONLY happen with my Xbox One in my house.

Dosia

Had to disconnect the kinect. "Xbox on" hardly ever works for me and when I watch youtube the damn thing hears my convos and stops videos. Give it a try in a yr maybe if updates make it function better.

nbraun80

Had to disconnect the kinect. "Xbox on" hardly ever works for me and when I watch youtube the damn thing hears my convos and stops videos. Give it a try in a yr maybe if updates make it function better.

it shouldn't do anything during a video unless you're saying 'xbox' alot in your convo. Just say stop listening after you start a video. Also recalibrating could help too.

USC-fan

Banned
it shouldn't do anything during a video unless you're saying 'xbox' alot in your convo. Just say stop listening after you start a video. Also recalibrating could help too.
nope just saying pause or really kinect thinks someone says pause will pause the video.

RangersFan

Digital DRM question here. My brother is away for the month and won't be back till next month. He shipped his Xbone pre-order to my place. I've been playing around on his Xbone with my XBL account. I downloaded Forza digitally through my account. What happens when he comes back and I delete my XBL profile from his Xbone? I intended to purchase Forza for him since he's letting me use his Xbone for the month. I already signed into his profile XBL account on the Xbone and Forza works with his profile too. What happens when I end up buying and Xbone say next year? Will I be able to redownload the game on my Xbone and play and will he continue to be able to play?

sangreal

Digital DRM question here. My brother is away for the month and won't be back till next month. He shipped his Xbone pre-order to my place. I've been playing around on his Xbone with my XBL account. I downloaded Forza digitally through my account. What happens when he comes back and I delete my XBL profile from his Xbone? I intended to purchase Forza for him since he's letting me use his Xbone for the month. I already signed into his profile XBL account on the Xbone and Forza works with his profile too. What happens when I end up buying and Xbone say next year? Will I be able to redownload the game on my Xbone and play and will he continue to be able to play?

you will be able to play forza on any console you're signed in on w/ your account

your brother will lose access to forza if you change your account's home system to a new system

Audio question here. Is it better to select 5.1 uncompressed or DTS in the audio settings? I'm using a yamaha receiver via hdmi with 5.1 audio and it does support DTS. Which offers better sound quality?

Is anyone else having trouble with their order history on microsoftstore.com? My entire history including my new xbone order disappeared. I'm scared

Heysoos

Well. I'm pretty much at wits end, don't really know how to proceed. Guess I'll just go back to my 360 if I actually want to play anything today.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
My friend's Xbox One has a tendency to freeze and he goes to the home menu and there's not a "selector" where he can use the controller to go to menus. It's just stuck there. When he holds down the home button, it just turns the XBox One controller off instead of asking him which would he like to turn off - the XBox One or the controller. He has Kinect turned off so he can't use that. Has anyone had any similar issues and is there a fix?

RangersFan

you will be able to play forza on any console you're signed in on w/ your account

your brother will lose access to forza if you change your account's home system to a new system

Thanks for reply. D'oh so I fucked up. I should have bought it under his account. It actually might work out though, It might be months or even a year before I buy an Xbone, so he'll have plenty of time to play Forza before I revoke his rights.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
i don't know about you but don't you think it's pretty dumb that they aren't compensating us with faulty consoles??

Mine has a loose HDMI port and will turn off on me. It just wont turn on or shuts off as soon as the home menu pops up. I called microsoft and got the same response as you, the free game is only for those with broken drives. So my console sits here bricked but i'm not viewed the same as other microsoft customers with broken drives

A free game would be nice, but I'm honestly happy as long as they give me a brand new flawless machine. That's what I except back from a warranty.

rav

Why is it when I go to apps and games, hit store, it shows DR3 DLC? I hit back and it takes me back to the home screen not the front of the store?

Edit: Okay so on the home screen if I go all the way to the right, I can get to the store... but seriously? Why didn't the above work MS?!

RangersFan

Audio question here. Is it better to select 5.1 uncompressed or DTS in the audio settings? I'm using a yamaha receiver via hdmi with 5.1 audio and it does support DTS. Which offers better sound quality?

Uncompressed. DTS is compressed. However if it was DTS-HD MA it wouldn't matter as it would be lossless just like LPCM and Dolby True HD. If your receiver supports lossless stick with Uncompressed LPCM.

rav

nope just saying pause or really kinect thinks someone says pause will pause the video.

Also, Dead Rising 3's pause screen seems to think whenever I cough I mean back. Sucked when I was moving heavy things around and the game unpaused. (I almost died in game and real life.)

Edit: Kinect is now unplugged. Possibly permanently, unless I do more Xbox fitness which was a great workout to be honest.

Hammer24

Banned
That's bad, I can't combine my leftover MS points (converted money) with paypal, it just wants credit card. Fix this, MS.

Huh? Worked flawlessly for me. Try getting Gift Cards to get to the amount you need.

I did that and it tends to connect more often now but there are times were it takes about 2 minutes to connect to Live/my router after a cold boot.

Now check your router. Did you set the port forwarding to the X1´s IP? If so, change that and set it to its name. If you have done this, go back to the X1 settings and go from static (manual) IP to automatic. Your router will still find her by the name, and the X1 will connect much faster.
Seems to me the static IP on X1 is buggy.

Top Bottom