• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I just wanted to update this for anyone else who is having this problem. I did not receive an email from Xbox Support this morning, which means that they didn't look at the 10:00a.m. reminder, or that the system is still down. I just called to see if the system that generates game codes for the "free games with broken disc drive" thing, and Xbox support said that they were experiencing heavy call volume, and that it would be approximately 32-42 minutes before I could talk to a rep. Currently on hold. I'm sick at home with nothing else to do, and my Xbox One can't play any of the 4 discs that I bought, so I figured I could at least hold and ask.

I called today. I waited about 30 minutes. The rep managed to give me a game code. Now, the 47gig download begins... argh.

So, I want to use Xbox music to listen to my current music I own. But I can't upload music unless I have a Windows 8 PC.

That is pretty fucking shitty of Microsoft.

I guess will try streaming from google play on IE

Edit: Nope, songs restart after reaching some point

SleazyC

Looks like my Xbone just bit the dust. Used it last night to watch some TV and got up this morning and it won't turn on via Kinect. Holding my finger over the xbox log on the console will cause the system to beep, light will come on and then shut off after a second or two.

Power brick light goes from white to orange in that span. Anything special about Day 1's besides the controller? Figuring I can take it back to Best Buy but my chances of getting a Day 1 are slim to none.

EDIT - Anyone know if I go through Microsoft for a replacement if I will get a new Xbox One or are they already shipping out refurbished units?

Prophezz

Banned
I'm about to order the XBone Bundle from the MS Store online as an Xmas present for someone. Anyone order one from them recently? It shows as in stock so I'd assume it'd get here before Christmas?

Yep, that's pretty close to mine.

Damn, that's a sweet gift to give someone! :)

I ordered mine (complete bundle) thru the MS store online last Friday and I got it on Wednesday (via standard shipping)! I was live chatting and mentioned to the CS rep how nice it'd be *wink-wink* to get my system before Thanksgiving. He said just keep thinking positive, which I did and when they sent me the tracking number on Monda, I was pleasantly surprised with the est. delivery date. :)

nateeasy

Banned
The Tv app works great with my Tivo. I'm liking it a lot. I noticed my tv turns on automatically when I turn the One on. Not sure if this is a feature of my TV or the Xbone. Either way its pretty cool.

gkryhewy

So, I want to use Xbox music to listen to my current music I own. But I can't upload music unless I have a Windows 8 PC.

That is pretty fucking shitty of Microsoft.

I guess will try streaming from google play on IE

Edit: Nope, songs restart after reaching some point

Pandora.com streaming works. Not sure about other services.

Pandora.com streaming works. Not sure about other services.

Yea, I am trying HTML5 streaming on google play to see if it works better. Edit: Nope, song restarts after reaching some point. No idea why :(

I am getting a Dell Venue tablet next week, will see if I can use that to sync up music.

I wish, considering Xbox's use as an all in one media system, it would just find the music on my PC and play it.

gkryhewy

Yea, I am trying HTML5 streaming on google play to see if it works better. Edit: Nope, song restarts after reaching some point. No idea why :(

I am getting a Dell Venue tablet next week, will see if I can use that to sync up music.

I wish, considering Xbox's use as an all in one media system, it would just find the music on my PC and play it.

You should be able to do DLNA streaming from anything on the same wifi network (I tried it from my phone but haven't played with it too much).

The biggest issue for me is the inability to stream in the background- just snapped.

I also wish I could use my Music Unlimited sub from sony, but their web version requires flash- not surprising since everything about that service is sort of ghetto (aside from the PS+ pricing).

aparisi2274

XBO owners, is the system currently ready to support full TV integration with a real time channel guide?

I know that from what I've read, it says that a TV tuner is necessary, but I have yet to see any SKU's for it...

Looking to integrate my FiOS box with the system and test out TV functionality (and yes, I have the FioS app, but I am looking for ALL channels)

gkryhewy

XBO owners, is the system currently ready to support full TV integration with a real time channel guide?

I know that from what I've read, it says that a TV tuner is necessary, but I have yet to see any SKU's for it...

Looking to integrate my FiOS box with the system and test out TV functionality (and yes, I have the FioS app, but I am looking for ALL channels)

Yes - if you have a FiOS box, you're good. That's your tuner.

You should be able to do DLNA streaming from anything on the same wifi network (I tried it from my phone but haven't played with it too much).

The biggest issue for me is the inability to stream in the background- just snapped.

I also wish I could use my Music Unlimited sub from sony, but their web version requires flash- not surprising since everything about that service is sort of ghetto (aside from the PS+ pricing).

The issue I have with current DLNA is I have to individually use "Play To" on each song file to play it on the Xbox. Unless I am missing on how to do this (figured this out, I can use Play To on a folder).

Also, looks like it will only play the song if it is able to get Media information from it's Media server. Which is a big issue when I have a lot of Indian music :(, going through full playlist, let's see how many songs it can play.

I do know streaming works fine on PC, so definitely something with Xbox IE causing issues with google play

My biggest issue with voice right now is "Xbox on" and "Xbox power off"...anyone get these to work consistently? Volume up/down, mute, go home work perfectly...

sangreal

My biggest issue with voice right now is "Xbox on" and "Xbox power off"...anyone get these to work consistently? Volume up/down, mute, go home work perfectly...

xbox on doesn't work great for me. it's "xbox turn off" so that might be your problem. I have no issue with that command

I have no problem with "Xbox on" and "off" anymore but "record that" is completely fucked for me. Kinda ruins having a cool moment and then having to say it 5 times. Everything else works fine.

besiktas1

Sounds weird but för some reason Xbox on works 100% when I put on a fake American accent. (I'm born and raised in London. )
Xbox turn off works perfectly regardless of accent. Try it :)

golem

Xbox on and turn off work great for me. Some people say it might help that you look towards your Xbox when trying to turn it on

Record that is hit or miss it seems. Might have to recalibrate TV with the volume higher

Xbox on and turn off work great for me. Some people say it might help that you look towards your Xbox when trying to turn it on

Record that is hit or miss it seems. Might have to recalibrate TV with the volume higher

I recalibrated at high volume (50 was too high for Kinect, 45 worked, normal volume is at 20), record that is still hit and miss.

Seriously thinking about trading in Battlefield 4 for Ghosts which is blowing my mind because I haven't bought a CoD in years and the newest one ain't getting rave review. I just need a friggin online shooter, BF4 keeps crashing and the people I played with on 360 aren't really around for squads.

Is Ghosts pretty reliable online? CoD seems to be better suited for flying solo online (or at least not having to coordinate with squads).

Yes. It's very reliable online. Flawless even. I would recommend it.

ubvn2WC.jpg

If the above is correct, me very excite. Every XB1 as devkit would be great.

Love signing in with Kinect and love using voice commands, but There really needs to be a way to turn off motion control when watching television or movies. I keep reaching for my drink and accidentally skipping chapters or rewinding what I'm watching.

malfcn

Love signing in with Kinect and love using voice commands, but There really needs to be a way to turn off motion control when watching television or movies. I keep reaching for my drink and accidentally skipping chapters or rewinding what I'm watching.
It's that what it is? When we watch Hulu or Amazon itsometimes stutters and then starts skipping chapters.

PSGames

I've been playing killer instinct offline for the past week as I was waiting to get Internet installed at my new apartment and upon getting online I had a 3GB update for the game. Is that normal? Why on earth would an update be the same size as the game itself?

Also is there a way to upload a clip for just one person to see instead of your entire friends list/xbox live being able to see it?

I'd love to be able to turn off all Kinect motion control. Voice is awesome. Motion is not.

BondFancy

So once again I have another question about BF4, mine loves to crash to the dashboard sometimes mid-game and sometimes after a game, I have tried cold booting it and the problem still persisted, any advice? Or should I wait till the December patch to resolve the issue?

Sanic

So once again I have another question about BF4, mine loves to crash to the dashboard sometimes mid-game and sometimes after a game, I have tried cold booting it and the problem still persisted, any advice? Or should I wait till the December patch to resolve the issue?

It's just the game. Happens to everyone.

ekim

Looks like my Xbone just bit the dust. Used it last night to watch some TV and got up this morning and it won't turn on via Kinect. Holding my finger over the xbox log on the console will cause the system to beep, light will come on and then shut off after a second or two.

Power brick light goes from white to orange in that span. Anything special about Day 1's besides the controller? Figuring I can take it back to Best Buy but my chances of getting a Day 1 are slim to none.

EDIT - Anyone know if I go through Microsoft for a replacement if I will get a new Xbox One or are they already shipping out refurbished units?

That's sad to hear. The console in the day one edition is the same as the standard SKU. You won't miss anything by getting a green box outside of the controller.

Has anyone else ordered one of the bundles from Microsoft Store this weekend? If so how long did it take to get your confirmation email?

Edit: Just got it,took like 30 min.

Lima

Alright now the PSU is totally silent. Used my Torx T10H to get the thing open and took out the fan. The thing is super tiny (30mm), no wonder it makes so much noise. It is useless anyway since the PSU still only gets lukewarm now.

ekim

Alright now the PSU is totally silent. Used my Torx T10H to get the thing open and took out the fan. The thing is super tiny (30mm), no wonder it makes so much noise. It is useless anyway since the PSU still only gets lukewarm now.

Hm... Does the warmth depend on the voltage of the country you live in?

Better safe than sorry man. They put a fan on anything that makes heat for this xbox.

sangreal

check your hdmi cable

FuturusX

NeoGAF disclaimer: This thread in not an endorsement to take apart you Xbox One PSU unit. NeoGAF cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred in doing so. Please refer to Microsoft for the terms of your warranty.

:p

BDP

Neo Member
Well crap...lol...helps if you know the right word. Will try with "Xbox turn off"

I was doing the same thing as you. I found out the above and it works every time. ;)

So far voice commands are working really well for me. I get an occasional instance where I have to say things twice but not often at all.

Lima

Better safe than sorry man. They put a fan on anything that makes heat for this xbox.

Yeah sure. I get the reason.

NeoGAF disclaimer: This thread in not an endorsement to take apart you Xbox One PSU unit. NeoGAF cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred in doing so. Please refer to Microsoft for the terms of your warranty.

:p

The warranty of the Xbox and the Kinect are separate and not voided of course. It will not damage the box or anything. The worst that could happen is that the PSU gets too hot and shuts down before it takes any damage. But yeah I'm not saying that you should do it or whatever, just that it is an option if you wanna go down that road.

BlindRage

So just loaded up madden, and realized my ultimate team didn't carry over? And googling says that I need to put the cards up for auction or some shit on LAST GEN, to be able to get them on this gen? How fucking stupid. FIFA's worked as soon as I loaded up the game.

Figures I already traded the madden to trade up to this gen, wow.

Top Bottom