• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FuturusX

Yeah sure. I get the reason.

The warranty of the Xbox and the Kinect are separate and not voided of course. It will not damage the box or anything. The worst that could happen is that the PSU gets too hot and shuts down before it takes any damage. But yeah I'm not saying that you should do it or whatever, just that it is an option if you wanna go down that road.

I'm mostly joking, naturally, but consider less skilled or careless gaffers whom may be at the risk of burning down their house due to a fire caused by faulty wiring in a PSU. Caution is all I urge.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If the above is correct, me very excite. Every XB1 as devkit would be great.

Yea think this was mentioned a few months back when MS were talking about how they want indy devs to have easy and cheap access to dev units.

I imagine MS must have to supply or do something to the retail for it to work though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone had problems with the NAT? Mine is contanstly stuck on Strict even though I opened ports, UPnP and tried DMZ.

I've just changed my location from Australia to US in settings and holy shit why didn't I do that to start with? Xbox On works now (making it even more confusing as to why its not on Australian settings) and I can set it up to talk to my TV/reciever, which it couldn't do before. AND games are way cheaper.

My only concern is that it now thinks I'm in the States for multiplayer matches and will constantly give me games against people on the other side of the planet. Anyone know if that's right? Combined with the fact I can't get my NAT of strict, it's mildly worrying me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What router do you have? It might be blocking the Teredo protocol.

It's a TP-Link WR740N.

For some reason when I try to add the ports for Xbox Live the router basically wont load in the browser and the internet becomes super slow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone had problems with the NAT? Mine is contanstly stuck on Strict even though I opened ports, UPnP and tried DMZ.

I was. Called my provider and they did something on their end to open it, but it went back to strict after I shut it off. Called again and they opened it up and it's been fine since then, but I have no idea what they changed.

Lima

the what??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling

This is what Microsoft uses for the Xbox One.

It's a TP-Link WR740N.

For some reason when I try to add the ports for Xbox Live the router basically wont load in the browser and the internet becomes super slow.

Hmm okay.
Try looking through the router and see if you can find some IPv6 settings. Disable them if you are still on IPv4 or give your provider a call and ask them to unblock the ports needed for toredo tunneling.

I was. Called my provider and they did something on their end to open it, but it went back to strict after I shut it off. Called again and they opened it up and it's been fine since then, but I have no idea what they changed.

Most providers are blocking the teredo protocol since it is not considered as safe and is not needed anymore once we are all on IPv6. They can manually unblock this though and this is what they did after you called them.

Razdek

Banned
I thought the Xbox One was supposed to support Mira cast? I tried to use it on my Surface but can't seem to mirror the image to the TV and can only use Play To.

Redshirt

Banned
Watching the fights tonight and playing Crimson Dragon during the downtime has been my wow moment with the snap feature. This is so cool.

Crimson Dragon is pretty sweet. I shouldn't have let those reviews get in my head.

Networker

Banned
I thought the Xbox One was supposed to support Mira cast? I tried to use it on my Surface but can't seem to mirror the image to the TV and can only use Play To.

That feature isn't enable yet. But definitely coming in near future. It is equipped with WiFi direct. I am personally waiting for this.

Hawk269

Had a small issue with my Xbox One 2 days ago. I got the unit on launch day and have been using every day on Stand By mode. One night, I said "Xbox Turn Off" and it turned off, but it did not turn off the TV or the Cable Box. I did not think much of it, but the next morning, my fiancée said that it was not playing TV. She also said it did not turn on the TV or the Receiver as well.

I tried to see what was going on and when I tried to go into the settings screen where you select the TV stuff, it basically just sat there and did nothing. So, I decided to turn off the stand by mode and said "Xbox Turn OFF". When I did this, it turned off the TV and the Receiver and itself. I waited a few minutes and turned it on manually and waited for it boot up as it was booting, it turned on the receiver and the TV and once booted, the TV function worked again. Ever since then it was fine and no further issues.

Not sure if something just got scrambled and made things stop working. I hope it does not continue to do this as it should of been designed to always be in the low power state when not in use.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So are the serial numbers for the Xbox One and Kinect linked? When I registered my Xbox One device to send it in for the Advanced Exchange, I looked back at the site later and my Kinect is registered also although I never registered the Kinect. They clearly have different serial numbers - I'm just wondering if the two serial numbers are linked or something.

SleazyC

check your hdmi cable
Tried another HDMI cable and still no go. If I get really close to the system it sounds like it is spinning up but then shuts itself off.

Decided to go through Microsoft to get a replacement console. From the wording of the email I got it definitely looks like I could get a refurb. Guess it kind of sucks since the console is two weeks old but as long as it works fine I guess I don't really care.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Will any dvds or Blu-ray cause the disc drive to go wild? I ask because I don't own any disc Xbox games and probably won't for awhile and want to make sure mine is fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

This is what Microsoft uses for the Xbox One.

Hmm okay.
Try looking through the router and see if you can find some IPv6 settings. Disable them if you are still on IPv4 or give your provider a call and ask them to unblock the ports needed for toredo tunneling.

Most providers are blocking the teredo protocol since it is not considered as safe and is not needed anymore once we are all on IPv6. They can manually unblock this though and this is what they did after you called them.

Huh, thanks! Good to know in case something else gets messed up in the future. They even told me I'm the first person who called with an XB1 so I'm basically their guinea pig.

Ambient80

Ok, so Xbox One Party system.

I feel like they asked themselves "What parts of our party system on the 360 work the best?" and proceeded to make them as obscure or broken as possible. I invite a friend to my party. He joins up, but neither of us could hear each other. I said "Oh, we have to join Party Chat, that's weird," so I text him to do that, and I join up. Well, he gets a message saying that he couldn't start party chat. Ok... so I told him to leave the party and invite me, maybe it just messed up. Now, he gets into party chat but I can't join, as I get the same message. Out of about 15 attempts, we got it to work one time, but only for about 20 minutes before I was booted out of the party, and again told it couldn't start party chat.

This isn't even touching the invite features, which for some reason defaults to pulling everyone in a party to a game when I start to play, even if we're just in a party to talk.

Please tell me this is some sort of dumb bug that's going to be patched out soon...

m23

Ok, so Xbox One Party system.

I feel like they asked themselves "What parts of our party system on the 360 work the best?" and proceeded to make them as obscure or broken as possible. I invite a friend to my party. He joins up, but neither of us could hear each other. I said "Oh, we have to join Party Chat, that's weird," so I text him to do that, and I join up. Well, he gets a message saying that he couldn't start party chat. Ok... so I told him to leave the party and invite me, maybe it just messed up. Now, he gets into party chat but I can't join, as I get the same message. Out of about 15 attempts, we got it to work one time, but only for about 20 minutes before I was booted out of the party, and again told it couldn't start party chat.

This isn't even touching the invite features, which for some reason defaults to pulling everyone in a party to a game when I start to play, even if we're just in a party to talk.

Please tell me this is some sort of dumb bug that's going to be patched out soon...

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I've decided to keep my original Xbox One after all. I think I'm just paranoid from my experience with the 360 and my Xbox One runs fine. It gets a little warm when running Forza 5, and hums a bit to the point it's noticeable but not distracting so I just want to make sure something is or is not wrong with my Xbox One before I send it back. If nothing happens to it in a year then it's probably fine. I may even get the extended warranty just in case, which will definitely give me enough time to easily replace my Xbox One if it ever does break.

Anyone else try running another console's HDMI cable to the XB1's HDMI in? Just tried it with my Wii U and it works fine except there's a bit of lag (noticeable when playing 3D World and holding the gamepad up against the action on screen). Is there a fix for this I can do?

Loving Dead Rising 3 btw. Little dark indoors but pretty great otherwise so far.

Ambient80

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Hopefully they fix this soon.

It really shouldn't have even been this bad to begin with. I know they built it from the ground up, which is fine, but it's like they just decided to leave out important features, or not test the Party system at all. Really disappointing, coming from a 360 where it worked flawlessly for me from Day 1.

Oh well, here's hoping for a patch soonish. Any MS people able to say anything on the subject? I don't wanna start a pitchfork raid on you, just wondering if MS is aware of the issues.

Klocker

Am I losing any picture quality running HDMI into my home theater and then to tv?

better to use optical in and Xbox direct to tv?

of course then it would need the ir blaster to adjust volume or power on, off

RkOwnage

I am having party chat issues. I turned off the "Use Kinect microphone for party chat" and now I can't use party chat at all, I have the microphone plugged in but it's not picking up any noise...it worked fine a few days ago don't know what the hell changed but it's infuriating.

sith ewok

How does reputation work now in regards to giving it to someone? I want the bar to be all the way to the right!

I don't think it necessarily is being adjusted at all right now. If so, it is only on MS's side as you can't review people you've played with online so far. Heck, you can't even see a list of people you've played with.

Been playing a lot of Battlefield conquest mode inbetween other games lately. So good with 64 players. Really getting sucked into Dead Rising though. Haven't gone too far in the story - mostly just killing zombies and running around trying to level up before I do a story run.

Yes. Mines on moderate even though I've done the same. If you find a solution please let me know as I can't run the "test multiplayer connection". It just comes up with an error message and I can't connect with anyone.

Defect

I just turned my Xbox completely off because the fans in both the console and power brick were getting annoying. It's not THAT loud but now I'm getting paranoid. The dumb controller turned the console back on because the guide button started to blink. I had to turn it off again and it did the same thing. My controller isn't turning off when I power down the Xbox. First time this has happened.

HokieJoe

Am I losing any picture quality running HDMI into my home theater and then to tv?

It's possible, but I wouldn't worry about it significantly. Check out this thread:

HDMI AV Receiver pass through vs. direct connection-picture quality?

Or, just do a search on AVS Forum for your particular model of AV receiver to see if there are any issues.

G_Berry

Banned

I just set my xbox one like this. I dont notice and difference in picture quality going straight to my tv as opposed to via my receiver but there must be some kind of latency benefit.

Hmm okay.

lol i just tried to do this in DUbai. they had no idea what i was talking about. They told me to plug the cable into the wall then into the computer.

Great fucking help in this third world country ffs.

Top Bottom