• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Defect

So what does this do? Any additional options like checking to see how many people are playing a game at any single time? Data management?
All you can do is check Enable Devkit and change the Sandbox ID. When you enable Devkit, a message pops up saying "Your console isn't registered, please try again in 30 minutes or check asset manager." or something like that.

I guess everyone will eventually have this menu "unlocked" since it says Retail Devkit on the bottom.

Nivane

How is everyone's controller's battery life holding up? The way Kinect tells the controller to go into a low power mode when you put the controller down sounds awesome.

I've charged mine once right out of the box on release day and once about four days after - still going strong. Love it.

eastx

Press releases on Sundays? I guess it's releasing next Friday?

There's no actual press release, but EA held a press preview for Peggle 2 and Garden Warfare a couple of weeks ago. The embargo actually lifted half an hour ago, so I'll tell you. Peggle 2 is coming Monday, December 9 and will cost $11.99.

Ambient80

Party chat works fine if you have either open or moderate NAT. One of you guys has a strict NAT that is why you can't enable party chat. You would have had the same problems on the 360.

we both got on 360 chat just fine. Also, I wouldn't know what the heck to do about NAT if I had to change anything.

sangreal

How is everyone's controller's battery life holding up? The way Kinect tells the controller to go into a low power mode when you put the controller down sounds awesome.

Battery life is great but I really don't believe that kinect feature people claim. Controller works fine even when sitting on the table or out of kinects sight

Networker

Banned
Microsoft dominated Black Friday with the Xbox One, according to US market research report

black_friday_us_console_sales.jpg

Source

Microsoft dominated Black Friday with the Xbox One, according to US market research report

black_friday_us_console_sales.jpg

Source

Surprising that the XB1 beat the 360 considering they were selling the 360 for $99 at Walmart. 360 will probably cleanup in December.

Not surprised about XB1 beating the PS4. The marketing and promotion in the US has been very weak for PS4 compared to XB1, plus the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 by about 17 million last gen.

"Xbox games" right now is one of the top 5 search terms on Yahoo for the weekend.

My batteries died Friday night and I've been playing daily since launch. I bought the play and charge kit with an extra controller yesterday!

Chitown B

mine just started to die (you can tell because rumble stops working) so I replaced them last night. Had been playing since launch day, every night for hours. So, 8 days - maybe 35 hours.

Just had to connect my controller up to the console with the PS4 charge cable, been using the batteries that came with it since launch day. We'll have to get some batteries soon.

Whenever I sign in the little pop up that says welcome has my old avatar on it from when I first got the system. I have changed my avatar a few times since. Is there a way to edit the avatar the appears on the little welcome pop up when u first sign in?

Whenever I sign in the little pop up that says welcome has my old avatar on it from when I first got the system. I have changed my avatar a few times since. Is there a way to edit the avatar the appears on the little welcome pop up when u first sign in?

That's your gamerpic. Separate from your actual avatar. Should be a way to take a new one in the Avatar Editor.

Vestal

Anyone in Clearwater FL toysrus on 19 had 3 in stock as of yesterday morning. No other store I have seen has them.

Oh and went by bestbuy yesterday and they had a Microsoft guy showing the console on the glasss display and actually letting people play it, needless to say I played forza 5 to try it and ended up coming home and buying it lol.

For those of you having NAT troubles try to see if there's a setting in your router for UDP/TCP endpoint filtering and set both to "endpoint independant" that solved my trouble and I'm wide open now.

Also, if that isn't a choice or doesn't work try reserving the IP your router gives your xbox and then making that IP a DMZ host which essentially puts it outside the router like it has a connection straight to the internet.

So how did this turn to "xbox has yield issues, ps4 will be everywhere" to the opposite??

Demand is a factor.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't test this out.

Does the NFL app let you watch full games through the app without having your cable box/dish hooked up to the Xbox?

Coins

Banned
I have what's probably a stupid question. If I run my Wii U through my xbox, will the upscaler make xenoblade chronicles look any better? Lol.

JaggedSac

Is there a time limit for Dead Rising 3 when playing on regular difficulty? I see a countdown of days and hours. I am disappointed if this is the case as I would rather like to take my time and explore instead of worrying about finishing crap up before the game ends.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Surprising that the XB1 beat the 360 considering they were selling the 360 for $99 at Walmart. 360 will probably cleanup in December.

Not surprised about XB1 beating the PS4. The marketing and promotion in the US has been very weak for PS4 compared to XB1, plus the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 by about 17 million last gen.

"Xbox games" right now is one of the top 5 search terms on Yahoo for the weekend.
I don't think it beat the PS4 due to marketing, rather, the PS4 is mostly sold out and difficult to obtain. The Xbox One is much more readily available.

by comparison, xbox one is beating out PS4 in the US. It balances out. Plus the US is the largest market - Europe is much smaller.

This is also false. Europe is not smaller at all. There's also no proof of either console outselling each other in the US at this point since no official data is out. All we know is PS4 sold 1 mil in 2 countries and XB1 did the same in 13. If anything it seems to be about even in the US which is a positive for the PS4.

You can have your own opinions but not your own facts.

Bsigg12

Well it helps that there was a lot of unsold stock of Xbox Ones to sell on Black Friday. PS4 is still largely sold out and harder to find. Both are great though.

I don't know if it was so much unsold stock as much as it was Microsoft holding back units for the second week. Sony spread themselves thin with launching across the globe on Friday so it must of hurt the supply of NA PS4s. Remember the Xbox One is still officially only out in 13 countries.

Bsigg12

Is there a time limit for Dead Rising 3 when playing on regular difficulty? I see a countdown of days and hours. I am disappointed if this is the case as I would rather like to take my time and explore instead of worrying about finishing crap up before the game ends.

I think you can continue to play even when the timer runs out, you'll just get the F ending, at least that's the impression I got.

Joco

Question about achievements - when you transfer your profile over from the 360 does it display all of the 360 titles in a list individually or does it just show your achievement total and only display X1 games in the list?

Top Bottom