• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

BondFancy

Question about achievements - when you transfer your profile over from the 360 does it display all of the 360 titles in a list individually or does it just show your achievement total and only display X1 games in the list?

It puts them all in the same list allowing you to view achievements for both 360 and the One, there isn't a separate list for them; but, it does in fact show all your games cross platform.

It's so frustrating,
Anyway can't be bothered trying to get party chat to work now so my friends and I just make a skype voice call instead, it's a decent workaround if you want a backup way to chat with friends in game

Still fucked. Mate came over and set all the xbox port forwarding things. Still on moderate. Still nothing works.

Are your ports open? My NAT was strict and I finally managed to open my ports.

Yes. IT mate came and did everything and said it should work cos all the ports are forwarded.

Still moderate, still can't connect.

Hawk269

So Ryse is a much better then reviews have said I think. I wish it was longer though. How does multiplayer/co-op work?

What difficulty did you choose when you played it? I am using Centurion difficulty and the game is very challenging, but rewarding since you have to use your blocks, rolls and attacks properly to survive. I am currently 8 hours in and at the beginning of the 7th chapter, so for so far it seems like a pretty good length for this type of game. Of course, once I beat it, I would wish there was 10 chapters instead of 8...lol.

MCD

Still fucked. Mate came over and set all the xbox port forwarding things. Still on moderate. Still nothing works.

Yes. IT mate came and did everything and said it should work cos all the ports are forwarded.

How about turning UPnP in the router settings and setting X1 network settings to Auto?

I'm currently doing this with my 360 because I'm too lazy nowadays to setup static IP and port forwarding.

If all else fails, look into DMZ. There should be a DMZ option in your router where you can write an IP number that basically opens up all ports available to said IP.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
How about turning UPnP in the router settings and setting X1 network settings to Auto?

I'm currently doing this with my 360 because I'm too lazy nowadays to setup static IP and port forwarding.

If all else fails, look into DMZ. There should be a DMZ option in your router where you can write an IP number that basically opens up all ports available to said IP.

What router is this, my routers have always worked out of the box with X360 and Xb1?

Is anyone else experiencing poor TV playback? It'll play video fine for a few minutes then just stop. Curious if other people are having this problem as well before I decide to check on my cable box as well.

Hawk269

Have you tried the complete power down trick to see if that works? Turn off the Xbox One completely, not stand by mode. Turn off router, turn off modem. After a minute power up your modem and wait for it to connect, then power on the router and wait a few minutes. Then turn on your Xbox One and once booted go to the network settings.

I had strict Nat issues and once I did this it has been open ever since.

I did discover however, that my 360 now shows Strict, where before it showed Open. When I did the same thing on the 360 it then opened, but going back to my One, it went back to Strict. It seems with my router that both cannot be open.

I don't know a lot about networking and assigning static IP via the router settings, but I think someone mentioned that was possible and it works. Since I probably wont play the 360 on-line anymore, I wont mess with it too much since I prefer the One to be open.

Bsigg12

Is anyone else experiencing poor TV playback? It'll play video fine for a few minutes then just stop. Curious if other people are having this problem as well before I decide to check on my cable box as well.

I was and I think its just HDMI issues. I think mine was losing its handshake after a little while so I changed cables and it works perfect now.

Hawk269

I had an issue where it would not play TV at all. I had my Xbox One in Stand By mode since Day 1 and this happened about 7 days later. I changed the setting to power down and did a complete reboot. Once I did this, it fixed it self. When it did do this, it also was not turning on/off my TV or receiver. But a complete shut down fixed it and has not happened again.

MCD

What router is this, my routers have always worked out of the box with X360 and Xb1?

I've gone through various routers but I think it was either the Buffalo or Netgear that caused me the most headache.

It's strange but prior to the new X360 Metro dash, I never had any trouble.

UPnP solved all my networking problems so I'm cool.

Majanew

Banned
MS needs to improve the HDMI port build quality. I've had to wiggle my HDMI cable 4 times already since launch to get either the picture to show up or get the audio to stop cutting out/popping. I've used 3 different HDMI cables so I know it's not an issue with the cable.

And once again, my controller wouldn't turn on my Xbox and it had trouble syncing. Oy fucking vey, MS.

And for the strange: I couldn't get my NAT off of Strict until I pressed down the triggers and bumpers during the network test...and it set it to Open. What the hell is that all about? No matter what configuration I ran with my router, I either had a Moderate or Strict NAT. Yet, holding down the bumpers/triggers set it to Open? LOL

I was and I think its just HDMI issues. I think mine was losing its handshake after a little while so I changed cables and it works perfect now.

I had an issue where it would not play TV at all. I had my Xbox One in Stand By mode since Day 1 and this happened about 7 days later. I changed the setting to power down and did a complete reboot. Once I did this, it fixed it self. When it did do this, it also was not turning on/off my TV or receiver. But a complete shut down fixed it and has not happened again.

Thank you, I'll try both of these solutions.

malfcn

Watching anything is impossible unless our hands are kept under blankets. When we get the PDP mount that cover is staying on until we want the camera to see.

Klocker

There is a nat troubleshooter for xbox one on an ms website I ran last week. I don't know if you have a gateway or not (modem/router combo as I do) but in the end it said that my isp is blocking the nat before it gets to my modem and the only step to take at that point is to contact them and ask them to change a setting on their end.

What I ended up doing was changing my gateway to an access point IIRC, and adding a router with open nat between my gateway and xbox and it is now open all the time on XOne

Watching anything is impossible unless our hands are kept under blankets. When we get the PDP mount that cover is staying on until we want the camera to see.

I ordered the PDP mount directly from PDP's site since no stores seemed to be stocking it and it was the only XBOne Kinect mount available. I don't have any room under my screen for it because there's a big center speaker there and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this predicament.

I did my own with the black cardboard sleeve for the Xbox One box. Just cut it out with a pair of scissors and taped it to match this shape right here. Not used it very much though. Don't really watch video (except for Twitch).

By the way, I just had my first "oh my god party chat is so broken" experience. Me and a friend played FIFA and we could hear the guy from the game chat in our headsets despite being in party chat. We don't know if he could hear us too...

Sanic

I have to log in for some of the Skydrive links beings posted on the net, while for others I don't. What's going on?

Alcander

Question: is there a way to fully power down the console through the UI? I can only suspend it. I'd like to do a full power cycle. Do I just have to unplug it once its 'off'?

Lima

Question: is there a way to fully power down the console through the UI? I can only suspend it. I'd like to do a full power cycle. Do I just have to unplug it once its 'off'?

Go into settings and change your setting to energy saving under power & startup.

Quite stupid that you have to change this every time. They should give you an option like the PS4 does when holding down the PS button. Then give me power off and standby as an option.

Alcander

Go into settings and change your setting to energy saving under power & startup.

Quite stupid that you have to change this every time. They should give you an option like the PS4 does when holding down the PS button. Then give me power off and standby as an option.

Blah, yea, I figured it was something like that. That's dumb, you should be given the prompt when holding down the xbox button.

Anion

Hey, anyone who has the LE version of Battlefield.

I just picked up my copy, and it says on the recipt and the pickup sticker that the game is the LE version, but I cant find a code...um...I should also say that my version does not have the yellow-orange band on the top of the case.
So, am I supposed to get an email or does the xbox automatically download the map pack? (I never heard of the latter method before)

Hawk269

That is odd. Me and my fiancée have had zero issues watching TV or anything in our living room.

Scooby

I just picked up my copy, and it says on the recipt and the pickup sticker that the game is the LE version, but I cant find a code...um...I should also say that my version does not have the yellow-orange band on the top of the case.
So, am I supposed to get an email or does the xbox automatically download the map pack? (I never heard of the latter method before)

You got screwed over.

Pac3y

Question: Anyone know if you change your region in the settings, from say Uk to US. Does this wipe your current available credit? Heard mixed opinions.

Bsigg12

The code is inside only specially marked boxes, the one with the yellow band.

Pack it with TitanFall and everyone with a Xbox One will buy it.

I get the impression that TitanFall won't have any problems selling games. They should package it with a lesser known title like they did with Crackdown. Or maybe they'll just offer it as a free download to add some value to the console itself.

Mdot

I'd say almost zero.
A little OT but Ruffian is hiring for a "big project" ....

Bummer. I thought they would have been pretty far into development for it, if that's what they're working on. Thinking back to that original X1 reveal with the "orb" on the dashboard got me hyped for something sooner rather than later.

Demojay13

Had to take my xbox to a friends house to download day one update, Fifa And KI games because i'm about 500 m too far away from the exchange to get Adsl. Go to play KI 3g update required Damn.

blinkz

My xbox one says my nat is open but cod shows it as moderate, I cannot find a game on CoD unless someone else is party leader.. then I lag badly in game.

Top Bottom