• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
This is also false. Europe is not smaller at all. There's also no proof of either console outselling each other in the US at this point since no official data is out. All we know is PS4 sold 1 mil in 2 countries and XB1 did the same in 13. If anything it seems to be about even in the US which is a positive for the PS4.

You can have your own opinions but not your own facts.

You make a point and then contradict your own point.

Femto.

Now check your router. Did you set the port forwarding to the X1´s IP? If so, change that and set it to its name. If you have done this, go back to the X1 settings and go from static (manual) IP to automatic. Your router will still find her by the name, and the X1 will connect much faster.
Seems to me the static IP on X1 is buggy.

Going to go ahead and update that this has worked.

Many thanks.

I just want to know why Upload Studio doesn't upload in the background. And if it absolutely has to be open while it uploads, why the freak can't I snap it... to the small part of the screen, that is. Right now, I've got TV snapped to the right side while Upload Studio does its thing in the main window. I'd love to be able to reverse that.

Aside from that, I freaking love my X1, and today is a prime reason why, as I watch NFL Red Zone while getting some gaming in.

jem0208

Looks lie mine won't be shipped until the 7th of January. Sadly I couldn't find any stores which have one availalble earlier.

So jealous of you lot with your shiny new consoles...

RoKKeR

eerrr, is there a way to listen to Xbox Music without having it snapped?

Surely there is, right? What am I missing here?
No, and it's fucking stupid! Seriously have no idea why you can't.

What are people doing for music playing options in the background?

Question: is there a way to fully power down the console through the UI? I can only suspend it. I'd like to do a full power cycle. Do I just have to unplug it once its 'off'?

Hold down the power button on the console for 3-7 seconds, that will initiate a full power down. No need to go into the settings to change it.

malfcn

That is odd. Me and my fiancée have had zero issues watching TV or anything in our living room.

Literally, every single time we watch something it skips ahead sometimes minutes.
Also, the screen with start flickering "loading" on the top of the screen. Sometimes it stutters, and sometimes a hand starts flying around the screen even though we aren't doing anything.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There is a nat troubleshooter for xbox one on an ms website I ran last week. I don't know if you have a gateway or not (modem/router combo as I do) but in the end it said that my isp is blocking the nat before it gets to my modem and the only step to take at that point is to contact them and ask them to change a setting on their end.

What I ended up doing was changing my gateway to an access point IIRC, and adding a router with open nat between my gateway and xbox and it is now open all the time on XOne

I need to figure out how to do this. I also have a router/modem combo.

Downhome

I saw a system at Walmart earlier today. They must have done a great job getting stock out there, so good for them.

I officially let mine go earlier today, at cost. I'll save up and get one on the spring more than likely.

A lot of these may be hitting stores pretty soon from returns. The reselling market on it seems to just about be totally dead with a lot of people barely even breaking even.

You make a point and then contradict your own point.

Look closer, if XB1 sold 1 mil in 13 countries and PS4 sold 1 mil in 2 countries (so far) you can reach a fairly simple conclusion at this moment in time. That's what I did.

The post I responded to said the Xbox is beating the PS4 in the US and the math doesn't really support that statement right now.

Grisby

Got two questions guys.

1)Why does Killer Instinct ask me if I want disband or move my party when I try to play an online match? I'm never in a party. Unless it has something to do with Dead Rising co-op but even then I'm just playing with strangers.

2)I also got a message saying it was trying to sync at the start of KI. It failed and I tried again with it being successful. My question is, if god forbid, my internet goes out for a few days can I still play with my save offline?

Vman

So my Kinect stopped being recognized and now i have a replacement in the mail. Anyone else have this issue? One second it works and the next it says its not plugged in even though it is. any help would be much appreciated.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Look closer, if XB1 sold 1 mil in 13 countries and PS4 sold 1 mil in 2 countries (so far) you can reach a fairly simple conclusion at this moment in time. That's what I did.

The post I responded to said the Xbox is beating the PS4 in the US and the math doesn't really support that statement right now.

You have no idea what the sales have been since those announcements. Follow you own advice and wait for more info before making definitive statements.

You have no idea what the sales have been since those announcements. Follow you own advice and wait for more info before making definitive statements.

Hmm I seem to recall saying "so far" and "at this point" throughout my statements. What exactly is the problem?

If you don't like the numbers we have (so far) then take it up with whoever is responsible for those numbers.

nib95

Banned

Lol. It's true he has no factual idea, but he does have a common sense and logic based idea, based on the current sales figures, countries, demand and so on, it's highly logical to assume that the PS4 has sold a lot more than the Xbox One in the US, and obviously even more globally.

StudioTan

Hmm I seem to recall saying "so far" and "at this point" throughout my statements. What exactly is the problem?

If you don't like the numbers we have (so far) then take it up with whoever is responsible for those numbers.

So you know how many consoles were sold during black friday? What makes you think it "it seems to be about even in the US"? The Xbox numbers are a week old and came after the first 24 hours and doesn't include the biggest shopping day of the year in the US where the PS4 was supply constrained because they were launching in other parts of the world.

So you know how many consoles were sold during black friday? What makes you think it "it seems to be about even in the US"? The Xbox numbers are a week old and came after the first 24 hours and doesn't include the biggest shopping day of the year in the US where the PS4 was supply constrained because they were launching in other parts of the world.

You seem to have a problem understanding what I'm saying. Everything I've said is based on the data we have so far, I repeat, so far. They could have sold 5 million units for all I know on black friday or they could have sold 500. That doesn't factor into this conversation.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So my Xbox One is actually really quiet - I mean, it hums and there's that small ticking sound when I put my ear up against the box, but I was reading where a lot of people seemed to have that so it seems normal and my Xbox One doesn't really get too hot so I'm definitely cancelling that advanced exchange because I'm pretty confident now that my Xbox One works completely as intended and the disk drive is definitely fine. Pretty much? I would rather have the Xbox One I have now than the new one they would send me just because I know mine works. I just wish that there was a way to cancel the Advanced Exchange without having to refuse the order when it actually comes because I know the replacement I was going to get hasn't even shipped yet.

I was just really burned from the Xbox 360 era so I was a little bit more on edge when it came to Xbox hardware, but I think that's finally past me.

StudioTan

You seem to have a problem understanding what I'm saying. Everything I've said is based on the data we have so far, I repeat, so far. They could have sold 5 million units for all I know on black friday or they could have sold 500. That doesn't factor into this conversation.

I understand what you're saying and I think you're being hypocritical to tell someone else to not make assumptions about sales when you're doing the exact same thing. The Xbox sold "more than 1 million" at launch, how much more we don't know and we don't know the splits per country so you're just making assumption after assumption. If anything, going by your logic, you should be saying that the PS4 is way ahead of the Xbox in the US if you're only using those first 2 announcements as your only facts.

Has any conclusive proof come out one way or the other as to whether using the HDMI pass-through on the XB1 for your TV signal degrades the image in any way? I've seen some stuff saying it does, some stuff saying it doesn't, has conclusive evidence finally come out?

I understand what you're saying and I think you're being hypocritical to tell someone else to not make assumptions about sales when you're doing the exact same thing. The Xbox sold "more than 1 million" at launch, how much more we don't know and we don't know the splits per country so you're just making assumption after assumption. If anything, going by your logic, you should be saying that the PS4 is way ahead of the Xbox in the US if you're only using those first 2 announcements as your only facts.

Do you realize that not all assumptions are created equal? My assumption is actually based on something. The only reason I offered it was as a more realistic view of what was going on than his argument that xbox was beating ps4 in the US. If he has a better case to make for why he said that than the case I'm making then I'm all ears.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Has any conclusive proof come out one way or the other as to whether using the HDMI pass-through on the XB1 for your TV signal degrades the image in any way? I've seen some stuff saying it does, some stuff saying it doesn't, has conclusive evidence finally come out?

When I used mine, I didn't really notice anything different than how my TV was normally set up as far as image quality. With that said, the Kinect had a really, really hard time understanding me when my TV was on so navigating channels was pretty much more of a hassle than it was worth for me - hopefully Kinect improves over time with that, because I'm pretty sure that the TV is just getting in the way of my voice commands.

Anyway, back on topic - my TV is not really a high quality HD TV though and it's not capable of 1080p so my experience may be different from those who have a really high quality TV and thus would be able to tell if the image degraded using the pass-through method for Xbox One.

UNCMark

Banned
Lol. It's true he has no factual idea, but he does have a common sense and logic based idea, based on the current sales figures, countries, demand and so on, it's highly logical to assume that the PS4 has sold a lot more than the Xbox One in the US, and obviously even more globally.

Why? Go look at Amazon's top 100 in sales. Notice anything funny? Xbox One software outperforming PS4 software during Black Friday and beyond. Now check out the most wanted. Notice anything there as well?

There are no givens. And why is it the same people are constantly doing this? All the damn time. Dont you get sick of console wars?

Thanks for this.

Why? Go look at Amazon's top 100 in sales. Notice anything funny? Xbox One software outperforming PS4 software during Black Friday and beyond. Now check out the most wanted. Notice anything there as well?

There are no givens. And why is it the same people are constantly doing this? All the damn time. Dont you get sick of console wars?

I'm just calling it like I see it. Not about wars.

The fact that someone can't just make an analysis of the current situation without being called one thing or another just shows how bad things have gotten overall.

StudioTan

Do you realize that not all assumptions are created equal? My assumption is actually based on something. The only reason I offered it was as a more realistic view of what was going on than his argument that xbox was beating ps4 in the US. If he has a better case to make for why he said that than the case I'm making then I'm all ears.

You're already making the assumption that the Xbox has been outselling the PS4 or else you would not think that they are about the same based on the initial announcements since Xbox did 1M in 13 countries while the PS4 did it in 2. Where you're being hypocritical is by assuming that they are only outselling them enough to match the PS4 in overall sales in US and not surpass them which is clearly based on nothing except your opinion.

...yes you probably are

Not anymore!

beast786

If you gonna state amazon, and talk about the meaningful quantifiable data of amazon

Best sold in 2013 so far.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Hourly is highly volatile and fluctuate rapidly.

Now take a look at that link and then your rant.

OT: any deal for xbl

Guys I need some help with audio. With the 360 I used the AV port in the console to pipe some cables to my computer and play sound out of my PC speakers. The Xbox One has no AV port so my only option is to use an optical cable. So how can I use this optical cable to connect to my PC and use my PC speakers for Xbox One audio? Is that doable?

DD-11

Anyone know why I can't turn my x1 on wit voice? Voice commands in general work well, but it won't turn on. I have the setting correct in the settings, but it doesn't work. I use the phrase "Xbox on". It worked well the first day, but then I started configuring things, and it hasn't worked since.

Any help or has anyone else run into something similar?

You're already making the assumption that the Xbox has been outselling the PS4 or else you would not think that they are about the same based on the initial announcements since Xbox did 1M in 13 countries while the PS4 did it in 2. Where you're being hypocritical is by assuming that they are only outselling them enough to match the PS4 in overall sales in US and not surpass them which is clearly based on nothing except your opinion.

Only thing I'm accounting for is the data we have now. The data we have now says PS4 is very unlikely to be outsold in the US. This is the only thing I've been talking about and is what everything I've said is based on.

It's not about opinions it's about making an educated estimate. If there is any legitimate data that would change that estimate I will account for it.

Anyone know why I can't turn my x1 on wit voice? Voice commands in general work well, but it won't turn on. I have the setting correct in the settings, but it doesn't work. I use the phrase "Xbox on". It worked well the first day, but then I started configuring things, and it hasn't worked since.

I've had the same problem, it seems to work with other peoples voices but not mine even though every other command seems to work.

xkramz

Try " Xbox (pause) on "

StudioTan

Only thing I'm accounting for is the data we have now. The data we have now says PS4 is very unlikely to be outsold in the US. This is the only thing I've been talking about and is what everything I've said is based on.

It's not about opinions it's about making an educated estimate. If there is any legitimate data that would change that estimate I will account for it.

So which legitimate data is telling you they're about even?

Top Bottom