• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

eastx

You're already making the assumption that the Xbox has been outselling the PS4 or else you would not think that they are about the same based on the initial announcements since Xbox did 1M in 13 countries while the PS4 did it in 2. Where you're being hypocritical is by assuming that they are only outselling them enough to match the PS4 in overall sales in US and not surpass them which is clearly based on nothing except your opinion.

Jeez, can't you drop it? You two are dragging the thread down, but it seems to be more your fault than his.

UNCMark

Banned
If you gonna state amazon, and talk about the meaningful quantifiable data of amazon

Best sold in 2013 so far.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Hourly is highly volatile and fluctuate rapidly.

Now take a look at that link and then your rant.

OT: any deal for xbl

Couldn't care less about your link. What I pointed to is since Black Friday and currently reflects the attitude (at Amazon US) to both consoles. But it's positive for Xbox One, which I guess is a problem.

But on non-console warrior topic, many Xbox One games come with a 20 dollar off XBL coupon at Amazon right now if you folks are interested.

Also noticed on Twitch that most every multi-plat next gen game is represented by Xbox One users, which is odd to me since my PS4 has Twitch built in. Also Xbox One exclusives have more viewers than the other consoles at the moment, but that probably more speaks to the lack of quality than anything else at launch. CoD, not surprisingly, is the major next gen console title represented on Twitch, and almost all the big streams are Xbox One. It's been educational watching them because I get a sense of what people with a console actually think about it.

DD-11

Also, try getting close to the Kinect while saying it as well.

I can be in kissing distance and it doesn't work. I've said it every which way, different people, different settings. It just won't turn on with voice. Is it possible that I've got a bum unit?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I guess that depends on what you define as about even. In the long run these consoles sell tens of millions of units so you have to consider that.

Let's just leave it at that man this is too much.

I don't know, you're the one that claimed they were.

Jeez, can't you drop it? You two are dragging the thread down, but it seems to be more your fault than his.

Fine, I'll let it go because I feel I've made my point. I apologize for derailing the thread.

cheezcake

Why do people even care about sales numbers of consoles as long as they're both relatively high

All you want is for each console to have strong third party and first party support and judging from the sales numbers both the X1 and PS4 will get that, it's a win-win

UNCMark

Banned
Why do people even care about sales numbers of consoles as long as they're both relatively high

All you want is for each console to have strong third party and first party support and judging from the sales numbers both the X1 and PS4 will get that, it's a win-win

Yep, but unfortunately there's a contingent that want one to fail. It's a mindset I don't understand. Competition breeds better results for us.

ZeroAlpha

Banned
Any word when the next title update will be out? Almost heard no news at all in regards to this.

Loving the GameDVR do wish the quality was a little better on renders but its a cool feature for a 'Version 1' .

GavinGT

Banned
OK, I went to the apps tab, and tapped the settings button on uplay, and the option to uninstall is there. I look at KI, and the option is there. Did you guys know we were able to uninstall apps, and games, or was this snuck in?

It is known.

After playing Forza 5 since the launch I wish the XONE launched with a PGR game instead of Forza. That way the could have fleshed out Forza more without having to strip out things to get it ready for launch.

Chitown B

esports is not the same as a machine.you are comparing different things. i mean a machine , of course esports is something else.

it's still a mental competition for some people. not for me, but for some people. You're arguing about it but it's happening - that's why we're even talking about it.

Krilekk

Banned
After 20 hours in Forza, 13 in NfS Rivals, 1 in Zoo Tycoon, 2 in Ryse and probably 3+ hours using menus, Youtube, ... my controller batteries died for the first time. Not bad, Microsoft, not bad at all for a device that constantly emits two IR signals, has four rumble motors instead of two and has WiFi. So that's where the 100 million development costs went. :)

Hammer24

Banned
I've got this now too mate. These bugs are fucked. I had an open NAT this morning.. Now it's back to moderate. Can't play online. Can't party chat.

OK mate, try this:
- give your X1 a custom name
- go to your router, change the port forwarding from IP->port to custom name-> port (X1 must be on)
- when this is saved in your router, back to the X1, change from manual ("advanced") IP settings to automatic
- reboot X1, and you´re good to go! :)

p3tran

Banned
guys, anybody lives close to game.co.uk?
I want you to go and punch them in the face!!

those fuckers have not send me my order since 12 days, and they dont reply to my emails either. only an automatic response comes everytime I send something.
also, I have no tracking number either.
talk about some major fuck-up!

also, a direct telephone line to them would help at this point.

thx

Picked up Ryse on saturday and will be selling it this week.

Beautiful looking game, but ultimately shallow and barren. I keep going back to Forza and Killer Instinct.

And Xbox Fitness is fantastic, Kinect 2 is so much better at picking up body movement.

Doffen

BF4 arrived today so now I've got the following X1 games:

Ryse: Son of Rome
Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct Classic
Battlefield 4

I've also got:
Extra controller
Play & Charge kit

Should keep me busy until Titanfall.

-PXG-

Picked up Ryse on saturday and will be selling it this week.

Beautiful looking game, but ultimately shallow and barren. I keep going back to Forza and Killer Instinct.

And Xbox Fitness is fantastic, Kinect 2 is so much better at picking up body movement.

Play it on Centurion.

I just finished it. Loved it. I'm going to go through it again to earn more valor to get the remaining unlockables. I still need to do more coop too.

derFeef

When can we expect some game price drops? I really want Ryse, but not for ~70 Euros. November was so expensive, and december will be too :/

And for the strange: I couldn't get my NAT off of Strict until I pressed down the triggers and bumpers during the network test...and it set it to Open. What the hell is that all about? No matter what configuration I ran with my router, I either had a Moderate or Strict NAT. Yet, holding down the bumpers/triggers set it to Open? LOL

Did this really happen or what? Did it change to open when you did that? im willing to try anything!

guys, anybody lives close to game.co.uk?
I want you to go and punch them in the face!!

those fuckers have not send me my order since 12 days, and they dont reply to my emails either. only an automatic response comes everytime I send something.
also, I have no tracking number either.
talk about some major fuck-up!

also, a direct telephone line to them would help at this point.

thx

01256 784000

0871 426 1570.

I had a bit of a play around with the Upload studio today. It's pretty easy to edit, trim and upload videos onto SkyDrive.

Here's a clip I put together of some stuff I recorded from Ryse, FIFA 14 and Zoo Tycoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-iiw6pWck

I've finished Ryse and Zoo Tycoon already. Not sure what to get next. Do we know if any indy titles are the hitting the store any time soon?

Doffen

XB1 PAL Charts week 48:

UK:
09 (01) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
17 (05) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
22 (02) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (MICROSOFT)
26 (04) XBO BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
28 (06) XBO DEAD RISING 3 (MICROSOFT)
35 (10) XBO RYSE: SON OF ROME (MICROSOFT)

Ok so I got the NAT to open temporarily. I plugged my Ethernet straight from the wall into my xbox. So no router, no using my pc internet or anything.

Seems to be router settings then cos it works this way.

My router doesn't allow for that custom name port forwarding thing so not sure what to do in the long run

p3tran

Banned
Yeah, since they moved to their live chat garbage, it's impossible to get anywhere if you have a problem.

You know, when i said that I'm going to get all my xbone games from GAME.CO.UK, there where people that immediately said "no dude, they suck!"

I had never ordered before from them, and the ONLY reason I did, is because MICROSOFT decided to have all their DAY 1 games, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, FORZA LCE, available only through them.

Does stupid microsoft know, that GAME, their preferred "day 1 & LCE" partner, ship international orders WITHOUT even a tracking number?
do they know that -for whatever reasons- game.uk decided to BREAK my one and single order into not two, but ...FOUR packages, all send away (and all missing) without even a means to track and see if they ever left UK or where they are?

Basically they told me that they'll do nothing until 6th January 2014(!!!)
Then, they can send again with the same way, or refund.....!!!

Those where my DAY 1 editions and my LCE's for god's sake!! pre-ordered two months before release! and will have to wait until January'14 to get my >200 pounds back. Unless I go crazy until then and decide to let them re-send me again after 6 January, and again in this...completely STUPID way!

MICROSOFT, NEXT TIME YOU WINK AT ME TELLING ME I CAN GET YOUR MACHINE AND GAMES EVEN IF IN A TIER 87 COUNTRY, PLEASE MAKE GOD-DAMN SURE THAT YOU DONT GO AND FUCK-UP THE OPTIONS YOU ARE SUGGESTING TO ME!

Hindle

Banned
I wonder what type of software MS will create for Kinect 2.0? Based off Phil Harrisons track record, I'm thinking we will get a game similar to Buzz or something quiz related. I wouldn't rule out play and create type games either.

Top Bottom