• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Hoo-doo

Banned
XB1 PAL Charts week 48:

UK:
09 (01) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
17 (05) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
22 (02) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (MICROSOFT)
26 (04) XBO BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
28 (06) XBO DEAD RISING 3 (MICROSOFT)
35 (10) XBO RYSE: SON OF ROME (MICROSOFT)

I'm kinda happy that Ryse seems to have "tanked".
No gameplay, all graphics, all Crytek. Hopefully Todd Papy's experience with actual good games can rub off on the Crytek team a little with the sequel, if it even gets one.

gossi

Ok so I got the NAT to open temporarily. I plugged my Ethernet straight from the wall into my xbox. So no router, no using my pc internet or anything.

Seems to be router settings then cos it works this way.

My router doesn't allow for that custom name port forwarding thing so not sure what to do in the long run

New router?

No gameplay, all graphics, all Crytek. Hopefully Todd Papy's experience with actual good games can rub off on the Crytek team a little with the sequel, if it even gets one.

Have you played it, out of curiosity?

Game is great, i've put over 30 hours into it, this notion that theres no gameplay is rubbish.

Going by the same criteria, you'd want games like Heavy Rain to "tank" as well because of a lack of gameplay (even though Heavy Rain was great).

gossi

I actually liked Ryse. One thing to note: it's not a sequel. Therefore: nobody buys it. Expect lots and lots of sequels to other games due to least business risk. Dat next gen.

JustinMay

Banned
I actually liked Ryse. One thing to note: it's not a sequel. Therefore: nobody buys it. Expect lots and lots of sequels to other games due to least business risk. Dat next gen.

I haven't bought 3d World (much like everyone else, apparently) but I suspect Ryse is a better game. At least it isn't the same thing for the 25th time in a row.

Knack is definitely a better game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I haven't bought 3d World (much like everyone else, apparently) but I suspect Ryse is a better game. At least it isn't the same thing for the 25th time in a row.

You suspect Ryse is a better game than Super Mario 3D World.

Really now.

I wouldn't say it's no gameplay, all graphics.

While not very deep or challenging, the gameplay is decent enough and could be something special in a sequel. Whether Crytek are up to it is another matter entirely...

Sanic

Can't believe i'm reading that both Knack and Ryse are better than 3d World, when you haven't even played it.

It's not the same thing for the 25h time.

It is? I thought it was December 30th?

Excellent news if it is next week.

xbox360achievements.org posted a news article saying the release date is confirmed for December 9th as of this morning, I think the 30th was just a placeholder date for many since Popcap only gave a vague blanket date of December that it was pushed back to.

ParityBit

I am enjoying the game a lot. It will get a sequel.

I bet it sells really well too, much to your chagrin.

That's a pretty poor attitude to have. Many who have played it have disagreed with reviewers, including myself. Being happy that a game might not have sold as much seems pretty dumb.

Not to mention, sales data is going to be really skewed this gen since they don't take into account the digital copies sold. Unless MS release data, who's telling what the digital sales have been like. I know I bought my copy of Ryse digitally, and I know of many of my friends who have gone all digital so far.

Tadale

I'm not. I'm afraid the takeaway from Ryse not selling well will have more to do with the setting and genre than the quality of the game. We need fewer shooters and fewer sci-fi and modern settings.

PSGames

That's a pretty poor attitude to have. Many who have played it have disagreed with reviewers, including myself. Being happy that a game might not have sold as much seems pretty dumb.

Not to mention, sales data is going to be really skewed this gen since they don't take into account the digital copies sold. Unless MS release data, who's telling what the digital sales have been like. I know I bought my copy of Ryse digitally, and I know of many of my friends who have gone all digital so far.

If I'm not mistaken isn't NPD privy to Digital Sales data?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I can be in kissing distance and it doesn't work. I've said it every which way, different people, different settings. It just won't turn on with voice. Is it possible that I've got a bum unit?

It's possible, but first I would try recalibrating the unit - make sure the TV is as high in volume as possible when doing it and the room is as quiet as possible. You could try saying it next to the actual Xbox One unit too. If nothing works, then you could call Microsoft Support and get an Advanced Exchange.

I recalibrated my Kinect and increased the speaker volume. Since then xbox on doesn't work. If I go next to the Kinect and say it it works 1 in 5 times. Everything else works from my couch and speaking level.

We really need that Damn first update from MS

I recalibrated my Kinect and increased the speaker volume. Since then xbox on doesn't work. If I go next to the Kinect and say it it works 1 in 5 times. Everything else works from my couch and speaking level.

We really need that Damn first update from MS

Have you tried a true shutdown by holding the power button on the console for 5 or so seconds? I calibrated Kinect, then shutdown, and it resolved my Xbox On issue.

Have you tried a true shutdown by holding the power button on the console for 5 or so seconds? I calibrated Kinect, then shutdown, and it resolved my Xbox On issue.
Will try. Thanks mate. I wish MS would release some official fixes to the NAT issues and the issue where games won't start and keep ejecting back to the home screen and you can only fix it by a hard reset.

I know it's early days but it's incredibly frustrating for us early adopters.

Nintyb

Banned
I've had no issues at all with the Kinect hearing my voice commands some 12 feet away. Even with Ryse blaring out of the sound bar right beside the unit it picks up my commands at a normal speaking voice.

I think the only command I've had fail numerous times is 'Xbox go NFL.' For some reason it doesn't understand me no matter how loud or slow I speak.

ParityBit

So I have a HD full of movies I copied (trying to reduce my DVD/game box footprint)

What is the best way to watch them on my Xbox One?

beast786

Couldn't care less about your link. What I pointed to is since Black Friday and currently reflects the attitude (at Amazon US) to both consoles. But it's positive for Xbox One, which I guess is a problem.

Of course you don't care , because some how all of 2013 doesn't represent post Black Friday and attitude of customers .

But wait let's see your approach and use the hourly list. Look playstation all star royale is crushing every single xb1 title... Yep must be it.

Nay, must be the persecution complex of keeping the xbox positive news down even in amazon I guess. Seems everyone is conspiracy against poor xbox :(

beast786

XB1 PAL Charts week 48:

UK:
09 (01) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
17 (05) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
22 (02) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (MICROSOFT)
26 (04) XBO BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
28 (06) XBO DEAD RISING 3 (MICROSOFT)
35 (10) XBO RYSE: SON OF ROME (MICROSOFT)

Not bad at all. Same will happen to ps4

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I have a HD full of movies I copied (trying to reduce my DVD/game box footprint)

What is the best way to watch them on my Xbox One?

Play To from a PC is probably the easiest.

The more I play the One, the more I'm ready to bail out.

Voice control is nice until you start to realize that it's making the UI needlessly complex and the novelty of it begins to wear off. It's hard to describe, but I'm laying on my couch watching football and I'd genuinely just prefer to change the channel via remote than open my mouth. It's an odd thing coming from someone who genuinely was really excited about the entertainment features for the One.

I find myself constantly wondering what it is that I have that's worth 500 dollars. The visuals are simply a disaster of epic proportions given the system scaler and artifiical sharpening along with an ancient GPU from go and I honestly can't express myself in words how much the party and chat issues are killing my interest in using this thing for multiplayer purposes.

The visuals are a disaster of epic proportions? You don't think you are exaggerating?

Have you played Ryse, forza or killer instinct? You think these look like disasters?

The system Defn has some teething issues but I think you are a bit over the top.

daman824

Of course you don't care , because some how all of 2013 doesn't represent post Black Friday and attitude of customers .

But wait let's see your approach and use the hourly list. Look playstation all star royale is crushing every single xb1 title... Yep must be it.

Nay, must be the persecution complex of keeping the xbox positive news down even in amazon I guess. Seems everyone is conspiracy against poor xbox :(
Oh god what a shit game. And I was trying to forget about it.

Just stop arguing about this stuff.

The more I play the One, the more I'm ready to bail out.

Voice control is nice until you start to realize that it's making the UI needlessly complex and the novelty of it begins to wear off. It's hard to describe, but I'm laying on my couch watching football and I'd genuinely just prefer to change the channel via remote than open my mouth. It's an odd thing coming from someone who genuinely was really excited about the entertainment features for the One.

I find myself constantly wondering what it is that I have that's worth 500 dollars. The visuals are simply a disaster of epic proportions given the system scaler and artifiical sharpening along with an ancient GPU from go and I honestly can't express myself in words how much the party and chat issues are killing my interest in using this thing for multiplayer purposes.

Can't say I agree with this completely. I have PS4 and XB1 and XB1 is getting nearly all of my playtime. The exclusive titles are just more fun for me, and I love the ease of Kinect for things like game switching, going to my friends list, snapping etc...

but..

I am very disappointed with the TV stuff as Comcast Little Rock seems to have the wrong channels in the guide, so I have to use my cable remote for everything. Party chat is also a pain, but it can be worked around... but it shouldn't have to be worked around.

The visuals are a disaster of epic proportions? You don't think you are exaggerating?

Have you played Ryse, forza or killer instinct? You think these look like disasters?

The system Defn has some teething issues but I think you are a bit over the top.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would say Ryse is a visual disaster in any way. The game is gorgeous.

agentreza

Not sure I need one. Could be many things I need to dick around with the settings.

I started messing around with port forwarding with no success at all till i added my xbox one ip to the "DMZ HOST" and that did the trick. Now its showing "open NAT". Maybe you can give that a shot in your router settings..

Can't say I agree with this completely. I have PS4 and XB1 and XB1 is getting nearly all of my playtime. The exclusive titles are just more fun for me, and I love the ease of Kinect for things like game switching, going to my friends list, snapping etc...

but..

I am very disappointed with the TV stuff as Comcast Little Rock seems to have the wrong channels in the guide, so I have to use my cable remote for everything. Party chat is also a pain, but it can be worked around... but it shouldn't have to be worked around.

The whole party chat and friend system needs more attention, there's no excuse for going backwards from what they had working so well on the 360.

I can only imagine a bug free XB1 experience. It is going to be incredible. Party chat, TV, snap, gaming, recording... Hope this gets ironed out in the first patch.

I started messing around with port forwarding with no success at all till i added my xbox one ip to the "DMZ HOST" and that did the trick. Now its showing "open NAT". Maybe you can give that a shot in your router settings..
Think we tried this already and it didn't work. Only way now in direct from wall to XB1. But let's see hopefully it gets fixed over time.

I can only imagine a bug free XB1 experience. It is going to be incredible. Party chat, TV, snap, gaming, recording... Hope this gets ironed out in the first patch.

This would be swell. Last night I was playing Forza and got an invite to KI. I said "Xbox go to Killer Instinct" and the game loaded in no time to the menu, and I got the auto invite and was playing a match all in like 30 seconds tops. It was so awesome. I felt like I was in the future.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or post that goes into some useful detail about how to deal with party chat turning itself off repeatedly inside of a session? This seems to be a NAT issue and I've had it happen where I or another person in my party has been kicked on X360 for no apparent reason other than possibly NAT issues, but very seldom compared to what tends to happen more often on X1.

but..

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would say Ryse is a visual disaster in any way. The game is gorgeous.

That's one game though.

And don't get me wrong, this isn't some endorsement of PS4--I'm not a fan at all of Sonys offerings at present.

Top Bottom