• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Kydd BlaZe

Ryse is definitely a bright spot for the Xbox One. Put that shit in the day before Thanksgiving, and I ended up beating it in one sitting. Straight up could not put the controller down.

Mononoke

Banned
Ryse is awesome. I just got done beating it today (took my time, did a chapter a day or so). Gorgeous graphics. Story was awesome. Loved how it all wrapped up. I even found the combat to be extremely fun. The only issue is it gets repetitive, and I wish there was more variety in the moves. But I was still having fun, and I was engaged throughout.

Also, those last chapters are awesome. For a launch title, this was actually one of the better games I've played at a system's release.

GavinGT

Banned
So it's actually possible to gain access to the "Developer settings" menu right now. Just go into Settings > System, and then press LB, then RB, then LT, then RT. The option then appears on the right side of the screen. From there, you can choose to "Enable devkit".

So it's actually possible to gain access to the "Developer settings" menu right now. Just go into Settings > System, and then press LB, then RB, then LT, then RT. The option then appears on the right side of the screen. From there, you can choose to "Enable devkit".

But what does it do?

you need the code from MS to access it. its pointless without it.

Still waiting for my Xbox One replacement. Haven't had any emails regarding my order status!

My order still says "Order processing" on the Xbox website. Does it ever change?

edit: Does the free game for faulty consoles only apply to America?

Alx

Have people noticed the dashboard not being as smooth when you scroll left or right?

Yeah I noticed that, I wasn't sure if it was always like that or if it suddenly happened, but after a few days I noticed that swapping between the three main pages isn't as smooth as other animations.

Riky

$MSFT
Switched my console off at the power supply for the first time yesterday and when restarted it went back to 480p and stereo sound, also the dash wash all glitchy. Is there a specific powering down menu like the PS4?

Just left it on standby for today I presume it doesn't use much power.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My dad is coming over from the UK to Spain and I've asked him to bring a game over for the week.

I got all the games in the UK so it's the decision of which one to bring over. Only want to bring an exclusive over.

• Dead Rising 3
  • Ryse
  • Forza

I want to check out Ryse for the visuals and combat but then Dead Rising 3 is calling me for the fun and zombies.

What to pick!

Switched my console off at the power supply for the first time yesterday and when restarted it went back to 480p and stereo sound, also the dash wash all glitchy. Is there a specific powering down menu like the PS4?

You have 2 options - you can go into settings and change your power settings to energy save. Or, if you just want to power cycle the console hold down the power button on the console itself for 3-5 seconds.

Riky

$MSFT
You have 2 options - you can go into settings and change your power settings to energy save. Or, if you just want to power cycle the console hold down the power button on the console itself for 3-5 seconds.

Cheers, I left it in the standby power mode but turned the plug off so it was probably my own fault.

My dad is coming over from the UK to Spain and I've asked him to bring a game over for the week.

I got all the games in the UK so it's the decision of which one to bring over. Only want to bring an exclusive over.

• Dead Rising 3
  • Ryse
  • Forza

I want to check out Ryse for the visuals and combat but then Dead Rising 3 is calling me for the fun and zombies.

What to pick!

are you just renting? i.e. borrowing the game for a week? Then go Ryse.

If its to keep - then Dead rising.

If you work full time and long hours, then Ryse defn.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
are you just renting? i.e. borrowing the game for a week? Then go Ryse.

If its to keep - then Dead rising.

If you work full time and long hours, then Ryse defn.

I own both games and will keep both. Only want one game to play now and then play the others when I go home at Christmas.

Lima

It actually uses 14W with the Kinect plugged in which is a lot for a standby mode.

Still I don't mind it. I like the faster start up and that I can use my voice to start it.

ViciousDS

Banned
It actually uses 14W with the Kinect plugged in which is a lot for a standby mode.

Still I don't mind it. I like the faster start up and that I can use my voice to start it.

Oh it's only 14W? I was thinking like 90 ps4 numbers......wow I guess I can leave it in standby then.

Also I was playing ryse the other night and noticed it was blurry a decent bit(on my 60 inch) now I have the color range set to rgb full. Could having the wrong rgb settings really mess with the settings that much?

ViciousDS

Banned
Uhm the PS4 uses 6W in the standby mode.

huh, i must have misread the numbers awhile ago lol......son of a bitch.

I guess I can leave my PS4 in standby as well.....although the cold boot on both consoles isn't really bothersome.

I like yelling at my xbox to turn it on though.

Now if I purchase something off the store will it auto download to my xbox one if in standy mode like on the PS4?

EDIT: nvm i was reading the number while it was downloading and installing stuff while in standby

Lima

Now if I purchase something off the store will it auto download to my xbox one if in standy mode like on the PS4?

For me it did. Although some people here reported that it did not work for them. Next game I plan to buy is Peggle 2 next monday. I guess I will find out for sure then.

ViciousDS

Banned
For me it did. Although some people here reported that it did not work for them. Next game I plan to buy is Peggle 2 next monday. I guess I will find out for sure then.

peggle 2 comes out next monday?

AAAWWWW yyyiiissss

but yes auto download doesn't seem to work for me, but then again I only tested it with crimson dragon.....or 1 download and was staring at my console while on my phone doing it lol.

Flea

Banned
Damn Ryse is awesome. Last time I put off everything until I beat a game was Last of Us. I was very surprised about the characters, story and pacing - really well done. Multiplayer is pretty cool too, though I can see it becoming a huge grind. Ironically Forza 5 is probably at the bottom of my list for exclusives even though its the reason why I bought an xbox.

Nintyb

Banned
So, umm, is the power brick and system itself supposed to run warm in standby? Just turned it on and the fans are already dispensing warm air.

Nintyb

Banned
Dunno what the "critics" were thinking when they reviewed Ryse so poorly. Just hit Chapter V and this game has been ridiculously awesome. One of the best launch titles I've played on any system.

Heretic

REALLY want Microsoft to hurry up and start fixing the little things about the OS.

I want to KNOW when my friends are on
I want to be able to check achievements QUICKLY, not leave my game and start a whole new app
I want to be able to NOT to have to manually turn chat on in a party
I want to KNOW my battery is dying

So many baffling decisions.

The first two won't be possible because it's no longer integrated into the OS. They're separate apps now and as of today, you can't have apps RUNNING in the background. Not only that, if they enable apps to be running in the background, you'd be using two out of the four app slots that you're allowed to have running. 3 including the game so, if i'm not mistaken, will be just like the PS4. Ass Storm indeed...

Big changes have to be made. I hope they figure it out...

TRios Zen

Still waiting for my Xbox One replacement. Haven't had any emails regarding my order status!

My order still says "Order processing" on the Xbox website. Does it ever change?

edit: Does the free game for faulty consoles only apply to America?

Still no notice of mine shipping yet either. 6 Business days and 10 calendar days since I reported my problem. Frustrating.

I was NOT offered a free game when I first reported the issue, but when I called back looking for an update on the status they offered me my choice. I chose Ryse as from the comments in this thread I think I might like it.

Jealous of people who are playing now, but really starting to lose my patience with this process.

The first two won't be possible because it's no longer integrated into the OS. They're separate apps now and as of today, you can't have apps RUNNING in the background. Not only that, if they enable apps to be running in the background, you'd be using two out of the four app slots that you're allowed to have running. 3 including the game so, if i'm not mistaken, will be just like the PS4. Ass Storm indeed...

Big changes have to be made. I hope they figure it out...

Activating an achievement pop-up should just snap that specific achievement instead of switching apps entirely. I'm guessing that'll come later.

Vestal

Yeah I noticed that, I wasn't sure if it was always like that or if it suddenly happened, but after a few days I noticed that swapping between the three main pages isn't as smooth as other animations.

do a full shutdown and it will correct itself. The issue in guessing has to do with how the OS manages the apps and them leaving foot prints in memory.

It happened to me after not doing a full shutdown since release, had to do a full shutdown yesterday to clear up the slight slowness. I'm sure it will be corrected in the first batch of updates.

Is it possible to stop a game from running in the background (say, if I want to watch TV or a movie for a while)? Since Need for Speed is always online, I keep having this issue where it will migrate hosts while I'm doing something else on my Xbox, which frequently eliminates all the progress I've made in the game.

Redshirt

Banned
Does anyone else have "Ready to install" tiles for installed games leftover in "Your games & apps?"

Dead Rising 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts still say ready to install despite me downloading and installing them on day one. I did get the Premium Edition of DR3 and the Digital Hardened Edition of CoD; not sure if that's the issue.

Is it possible to stop a game from running in the background (say, if I want to watch TV or a movie for a while)? Since Need for Speed is always online, I keep having this issue where it will migrate hosts while I'm doing something else on my Xbox, which frequently eliminates all the progress I've made in the game.

Press guide and then menu.

no angel

Go the dashboard then highlight the game. Press the menu button (3 horizontal lines) the select quit. This force closes the game or app.

Edit

Beaten

Top Bottom