• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

qeCSAkS.jpg
Sorry. Next time I will make sure not to get involved in discussions unless I've been given the okay by you.

Got in touch with Microsoft today(infamous disc drive problem) and I'll be getting my new console sometime next week, no Dead Rising for another WEEK+! :(

But, I got a free copy of Ryse out of it, so I guess that's okay. It took all damn day to install so I didn't get to play much, but it seems competent so far.

Has there been any reports of folks being able to do a return or exchange on power bricks with slightly noisy fans? It's my only real beef with this console.

JLeack

Banned
Got in touch with Microsoft today(infamous disc drive problem) and I'll be getting my new console sometime next week, no Dead Rising for another WEEK+! :(

But, I got a free copy of Ryse out of it, so I guess that's okay. It took all damn day to install so I didn't get to play much, but it seems competent so far.

Sounds like MS is doing a good job with handling this issue.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hey guys, MS stated (I believe at E3) that having Xbox Live Gold in one home would work for all members of the family. Well, how do I get this to work???

I have Gold on my X1 in the downstairs living-room, when the Kinect see's me it automatically signs me into live Gold, but when it see's my daughter, Live Gold does not exist under her account/user interface, it has her listed as a Silver member. She cannot watch Netflix, go on YouTube, Etc.

My daughter also has an Xbox 1 in her room (we have 2 total), when her Kinect see's her, it does the same as the X1 in the living room. My point being, none of the Xbox 1's have her as a Gold member, it would be some real bullcrap if I had to buy a totally separate Xbox Live Gold membership card for her account when we live in the same house. $120 a year would be pretty pathetic on MS part if she cannot use my Gold account, considering we are living under the same roof.

I DO remember though, MS stating that all family members in the SAME household can use the same Gold account, and if so, does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

THX in advance! :)

New002

Has there been any reports of folks being able to do a return or exchange on power bricks with slightly noisy fans? It's my only real beef with this console.

I dunno but I'm going to call MS support tomorrow and see what I can do about getting a replacement PSU because the fan on mine makes a very audible, grinding type noise. I can hear it from my sofa if the game audio gets low or if the room is relatively silent (since I leave the console on standby). I'll report back on how that goes.

Edit: Hey hey, just noticed I'm a Member now. Sweet :)

I dunno but I'm going to call MS support tomorrow and see what I can do about getting a replacement PSU because the fan on mine makes a very audible, grinding type noise. I can hear it from my sofa if the game audio gets low or if the room is relatively silent (since I leave the console on standby). I'll report back on how that goes.

Please do!

sangreal

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hey guys, MS stated (I believe at E3) that having Xbox Live Gold in one home would work for all members of the family. Well, how do I get this to work???

I have Gold on my X1 in the downstairs living-room, when the Kinect see's me it automatically signs me into live Gold, but when it see's my daughter, Live Gold does not exist under her account/user interface, it has her listed as a Silver member. She cannot watch Netflix, go on YouTube, Etc.

My daughter also has an Xbox 1 in her room (we have 2 total), when her Kinect see's her, it does the same as the X1 in the living room. My point being, none of the Xbox 1's have her as a Gold member, it would be some real bullcrap if I had to buy a totally separate Xbox Live Gold membership card for her account when we live in the same house. $120 a year would be pretty pathetic on MS part if she cannot use my Gold account, considering we are living under the same roof.

I DO remember though, MS stating that all family members in the SAME household can use the same Gold account, and if so, does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

I'm pretty sure it's just that all users on one xbox are supposed to be able to share the benefits.

To fix the living room xbox try this:
login as the gold user and go to settings->my home xbox and set it up to be the home xbox

this should share the gold account with everyone using that xbox, but for the other xbox they would have to be logged into a gold account. so the work around would be for your daughter to own the gold account and share it on the living room xbox. This way everyone could use gold in the living room, and she can still use gold on the other box

Dartastic

Not sure where to post this, but I've had absolutely 0 problems finding an Xbox One. I've walked into multiple local Fred Meyers (a local Wal-Mart, if you will) and seen the console. I'd probably buy one if I wasn't broke. But I'm broke. Sooooo....

HELP PLEASE!!!!

I think you have to add her as family. Also I thought it was anybody gets gold on the same xbox one.

UNCMark

Banned
I think you have to add her as family. Also I thought it was anybody gets gold on the same xbox one.

I dont think family matters. What matters is that the console is designated as your Home console. Then anyone, visitors, family, friends etc who use that Xbox get all the benefits of having Gold.

Daffy Duck

How can I create profiles for my kids?

They had offline accounts on my 360, now I want them to have an account on my x1, gone into add account but it wants them to have an email address to sign up, they're only 8/5.

BearPawB

Banned
How can I create profiles for my kids?

They had offline accounts on my 360, now I want them to have an account on my x1, gone into add account but it wants them to have an email address to sign up, they're only 8/5.

I just made my gf a fake outlook account she will never use.

I have preemptively pinned Peggle 2. The moment it is available Monday it will be mine!

lol, I did the exact same thing. Me and the wife loved playing Peggle for the 360 together.

Peggle 2 looks & sounds soooo good in HD, love the new art direction they've taken too. The DVR function will come in real handy with this game.

DD-11

I still can't get my Kinect to turn on with voice. Everything else works, and I have it on the correct setting in Power and Start up. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, so I think all that I can do is contact MS.

I still can't get my Kinect to turn on with voice. Everything else works, and I have it on the correct setting in Power and Start up. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, so I think all that I can do is contact MS.

A cold boot usually sorts it out.

Does the disc reading issue only occur when you put game discs in? I only have digital titles so far and the only way I've tested my disc drive, is with a BluRay movie.

I'm pretty sure it's just that all users on one xbox are supposed to be able to share the benefits.

To fix the living room xbox try this:
login as the gold user and go to settings->my home xbox and set it up to be the home xbox

this should share the gold account with everyone using that xbox, but for the other xbox they would have to be logged into a gold account. so the work around would be for your daughter to own the gold account and share it on the living room xbox. This way everyone could use gold in the living room, and she can still use gold on the other box

Thanks for the response :)

I think your right, I'm going to try this. What I did so far was sign me into her X1 and its allowing her to watch Netflix, etc (as my account is the GOLD). What sucks is that when I went onto my X1 in the living room, and tried to sign into my account, it told me that it was going to sign me out of my daughters X1 inorder to sign me into mine. Now this Sucks really bad because she is watching a movie at the moment in her room and I am stuck not being able to play KI at the moment until she is done. Soo, basically MS wants me to pay them inorder to access something I am already paying for (Netflix)??? Something don't seem right here?

I guess I'm just going to have to buy my daughter a Gold account. IMO this is a very bad decision on MS part, not only did I buy a $500 product off of them, I bought 2 of them! There needs to be better support (money wiz) from MS towards there costumers when so much money is spent, especially within one household!

I hate how MS hides everything behind a Paywall; Netflix, YouTube, etc! My daughter was getting this stuff for free on her BluRay player before I bought her her X1, now I have to pay $60 just to get access to these features for her? Just ridiculous! If MS continues with this attitude, they are not going to be around to see another generation (and I won't be there to support them), I'm starting to see the light, I see why many applaud Sony for how they treat there customers now, it's making a lot of sense.

Sorry for the rant, I absolutely love my X1, but MS really needs to change, they are and have been heading in the wrong direction for the past 4 years now as far as how they respond/treat there loyal followers/customers. And the sad part is that what many are ticked off about should be common sense to a billion dollar company, but apparently not?!

THX again for the response

Where do you live? I'm in Australia and this feature isn't active here yet, for whatever bizarre reason.

Krilekk

Banned
I guess I'm just going to have to buy my daughter a Gold account. IMO this is a very bad decision on MS part, not only did I buy a $500 product off of them, I bought 2 of them! There needs to be better support (money wiz) from MS towards there costumers when so much money is spent, especially within one household!

You bought two X1 and now pay for two Gold subs. Sounds like they made a very smart decision to me.

You bought two X1 and now pay for two Gold subs. Sounds like they made a very smart decision to me.

Pretty much. My Gold account is subject only to me and my account, my daughter cannot access GOLD on her X1 if I am on my X1, so I have no choice but to purchase another Gold membership account for her, even though her and my X1's are literally 10 feet apart (her bedroom is directly above the living-room).

My daughter loves watching Netflix, which I already pay for, so basically MS wants me to pay them in-order to watch something I already pay for?! Not only this, but I have to pay them TWICE, $120 per year within the same household in-order to access this feature on both X1's! Makes sense, huh?

:(

Pretty much. My Gold account is subject only to me and my account, my daughter cannot access GOLD on her X1 if I am on my X1, so I have no choice but to purchase another Gold membership account for her, even though her and my X1's are literally 10 feet apart (her bedroom is directly above the living-room).

My daughter loves watching Netflix, which I already pay for, so basically MS wants me to pay them in-order to watch something I already pay for?! Not only this, but I have to pay them TWICE, $120 per year within the same household in-order to access this feature on both X1's! Makes sense, huh?

Sorry if you already tried this but maybe make her xbox the main household xbox. And then as long as your logged into yours you should be fine to use gold features on both.

BusterJol

After reading your story, I can't understand why you bought your daughter an Xbox One in the first place. Why couldn't she just stick with her Blu-Ray Player?

DD-11

Where do you live? I'm in Australia and this feature isn't active here yet, for whatever bizarre reason.

In Canada, so I think it should work. It did work the first night I had it, but somewhere along the way, it stopped.

I unplugged the console and plugged it back in, but that didn't work. That should suffice as a cold boot, no?

Sorry if you already tried this but maybe make her xbox the main household xbox. And then as long as your logged into yours you should be fine to use gold features on both.

Did not try this yet, but while being logged into hers, LIVE would not allow me to be on mine at the same time. This is the point, IMO it's not going to work as I see that the X1 only allows me to be on one X1 at one time.

My daughter finally went to sleep (which means i can finally play me some KI), I will try this in the morning (what you explained), I will have no problems eating my words if what you stated works (hell, it will save me $60 buck).

:)

Ugh, not a very good first experience with NFS: Rivals. The 30 fps is really noticeable and it bugs the hell out of me. Then after doing the two training bits and I had to input my Origin details it keeps telling me they are wrong, when they are not.

Might just trade it in and get Ryse or something.

After reading your story, I can't understand why you bought your daughter an Xbox One in the first place. Why couldn't she just stick with her Blu-Ray Player?

Because she begged me for an X1 for Xmas, I didn't want her to be left out of the launch, and from what MS said, I was very confident that my live GOLD account would work for her aswell. I surprised her early so she would be in the "Launch loop". Don't get me wrong, she is enjoying her X1 like crazy!!! But for me, having to pay twice ($120) for her to get the features she always had is wrong. Hopefully some of these suggestions from some of you guys work tomorrow morning when I test them, but honestly I highly doubt it, as I already experienced the X1 telling me the Gold account can only be on one X1 and one account at one time.

We had no choice but to disconnect her BluRay player, she does not have room on her dresser for everything she already has on there. Her TV is mounted to the wall, so dresser is the only option for storage of her devices.

Lima

Did not try this yet, but while being logged into hers, LIVE would not allow me to be on mine at the same time. This is the point, IMO it's not going to work as I see that the X1 only allows me to be on one X1 at one time.

My daughter finally went to sleep (which means i can finally play me some KI), I will try this in the morning (what you explained), I will have no problems eating my words if what you stated works (hell, it will save me $60 buck).

You are not supposed to be logged in on her console. Just sign in with your profile once and go into settings and set her console to your home console. Now just keep that profile on the box and there should be no reason to sign in. On your other xbox you can still use the gold stuff as long as you are signed in.

You are not supposed to be logged in on her console. Just sign in with your profile once and go into settings and set her console to your home console. Now just keep that profile on the box and there should be no reason to sign in. On your other xbox you can still use the gold stuff as long as you are signed in.

Thank You for the response, I really, really appreciate your suggestive help, aswell as everyone who has responded thus far.

I will try this, you sound very sure of yourself, and this kind-of makes sense. Will give an update tomorrow night once home from my restaurant.

Thanks again for your help.

Is there a way to completely turn off the Xbox(not put it into standby mode) without swapping power settings all the time? I've noticed if the console doesn't get a complete power cycle every so often things start to get sluggish.

wrog

Is there a way to completely turn off the Xbox(not put it into standby mode) without swapping power settings all the time? I've noticed if the console doesn't get a complete power cycle every so often things start to get sluggish.
Press and hold power button on the front panel for 5 seconds.

Hammer24

Banned

Does it give the option when you hold the X button on the controller for a couple seconds?

Lima

Press and hold down the power button on the console until it shuts off.

Rat Salad

Banned
Theres an annoyingly big difference between using regular batteries and rechargeables. With regular batteries rumble stops working when youre pad's batteries are almost gone. Letting know you you'll need new ones soon. With rechargeables this doesn't happen,cause yesterday my pad suddenly stoped working altogether, the rumble didn't stop working beforehand, the pad just suddenly stopped working. I Inserted the charge cable into the pad and things were good again. And the little orange indicator light on the pad was on, letting me know the batteries were being recharged once again. So yeah,you'll get no warning if youre pad is close to dieing if youre using rechargeables,hope they fix this.

Btw-regular batteries lasted about a week,playing about 6 hours a day. The Official Microsoft chargepack battery pack(with cable) lasted about 4 days with slightly less play time(about 4 hours per day.) Ok I guess.

Lima

Theres an annoyingly big difference between using regular batteries and rechargeables. With regular batteries rumble stops working when youre pad's batteries are almost gone. Letting know you you'll need new ones soon. With rechargeables this doesn't happen,cause yesterday my pad suddenly stoped working altogether, the rumble didn't stop working beforehand, the pad just suddenly stopped working. I Inserted the charge cable into the pad and things were good again. And the little orange indicator light on the pad was on, letting me know the batteries were being recharged once again. So yeah,you'll get no warning if youre pad is close to dieing if youre using rechargeables,hope they fix this.

Btw-regular batteries lasted about a week,playing about 6 hours a day. The Official Microsoft chargepack battery pack(with cable) lasted about 4 days with slightly less play time(about 4 hours per day.) Ok I guess.

Get some eneloops. The rumble gets turned off like with regular batteries. Why are you people buying this overpriced piece of shit from MS?

How did you get a free copy of Ryse? I just got my replacement but no free game. I must be doing something wrong. :/

Rat Salad

Banned
Get some eneloops. The rumble gets turned off like with regular batteries. Why are you people buying this overpriced piece of shit from MS?

I live in a small town and the locals were totally sold out of those type of charger packs you mentioned. All I found was the Microsoft one....sooooo i caved in and bought them. Brain fart moment I guess.

Tried streaming Lovefilm and Xbox Video yesterday. What's up with the streaming quality on Xbox One? It's worse than on the 360.

The video skips frames or stutters.

I never had these problems with the 360.

Top Bottom