• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

besada

Banned
Discovered yesterday that Play To doesn't work unless you're signed into a Gold account. Unlike the old 360 video player, which works whether you're signed in or not, if you send a Play To when you aren't signed in, it prompts you to sign in and then falls back to the home page. Which is some bullshit.

I had to fall back to my 360 for watching movies when my internet was out yesterday.

Anion

I'm done with finals! Now I can play games all day long and not worry about studying.

Dang you! I still have 1 more week!

As much I'm enjoying Forza 5 i would shit myself if a new PGR game were annouced at VGX.

Man. PGR was my al time favorite racing game. The community was so good, everyone would chat and have a good time. And BULLDOG was epic. Need to bring that back somehow

ban

Neo Member
Heads up if you're going to buy the PDP mount and have a thin LCD, LED, or plasma that is wall mounted. I ordered mine off BestBuy.com and unfortunately there isn't enough space for the mount to properly secure itself.

Guess I'll need to look into buying a floating shelf.

Bsigg12

I'll take PGR over milking forza.

I think Forza Horizon is Microsoft's "arcade" racer. As much as I love PGR, give me Horizon 2 at 60fps on an even bigger map with rally racing. I would love to have the Pikes Peak climb just there and able to run it all you want without having to be in an event.

Forza Horizon is significantly different from traditional Forza (and awesome in its own right), so I wouldn't class that as milking. It's certainly eased the pain of knowing we might never see another PGR.

I know but it has the name so it seems like it gets no "break". Horizon is not like PGR at all too.

sangreal

Does anyone know how I can delete my NFS: Rivals save?

I wanna go back to where it requires an Origin log in and try sort this shit out. Had to use an old Origin log in as it wouldn't accept my current one. Now it's bugging me that I used an old one.

dont think you can delete it, since there is no OS-level save management on xbox one. Either way, I don't think it will help you. You have to contact EA to get them to unlink your origin and xbl account

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I know but it has the name so it seems like it gets no "break". Horizon is not like PGR at all too.

while horizon is all about open world racing and pgr is strictly city based, i think the two have a lot in common in how they feel and play. i definitely got PGR vibes from many of the circuit races in horizon, particularly ones in urban environments with plenty of 90 degree turns. i'dd imagine horizon 2 will likely expand the game significantly - i wouldnt be surprised to see a truly large city (or cities) along with the wide open roads - furthering the PGR feel.

JaggedSac

I have high hopes for Forza Horizon. Hopefully they do not go the micro transaction route that forza 5 went where it is so in your face. But damn, that game will be incredible. Loved the last one.

malfcn

How have the reviews been for the product? I'm looking to mount my Kinect and this seems to be about the only product for that purpose.

I think it has been good. We have the PDP for the original Kinect and it works well. The new one also has a screen to cover the lenses. Should be fine.

Loiselle

I picked up the mount last weekend. Communication with the console via Kinect has improved dramatically in comparison to when it was in front of the TV. Best purchase I've made for the One so far.

Was this confirmed? If so, friggen sweet.

HmRaZlS.png

I have still never once been able to get Xbox Fitness to load. Not once. I push on it, I see the Xbox Fitness logo for about 3 seconds and then I'm back home. I've reinstalled it about 5 times. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Nevermind, just discovered others with the same issue and it works now. The problem? I have a Skylanders Portal plugged in. Unplug it and tada!

Doodis

Why can't I find twitch on Xbox one?!? Binged it, searched for it under apps...nothing. What's going on? Really want to watch VGX.

EDIT: nevermind, had to search under TV apps for some weird reason.

Klocker

Why can't I find twitch on Xbox one?!? Binged it, searched for it under apps...nothing. What's going on? Really want to watch VGX.

EDIT: nevermind, had to search under TV apps for some weird reason.

"xbox, bing..... twitch"

Bing is all knowing

Mononoke

Banned
If anyone here has Battlefield 4 + Premium, are you having an issue where the game crashes after you complete a match? Basically, I'll play a match flawlessly and then when the game ends, it will take me to the next match, but it crashes on the black loading screen (where the white loading icon is in the right channel). It doesn't crash to the Home UI either. It just sits there on the frozen black screen, and the load icon stops blinking.

It only started happening after I downloaded the DLC map packs. =/

malfcn

Achievement tracking is weird.
I am logged in watching Twitch (VGX).
Fiancee walks in and Kinect recognizes her.
So she starts getting unlocks for watching Twitch, but not me.

If anyone here has Battlefield 4 + Premium, are you having an issue where the game crashes after you complete a match? Basically, I'll play a match flawlessly and then when the game ends, it will take me to the next match, but it crashes on the black loading screen (where the white loading icon is in the right channel). It doesn't crash to the Home UI either. It just sits there on the frozen black screen, and the load icon stops blinking.

It only started happening after I downloaded the DLC map packs. =/

Crashes are common on all platforms right now, and not exclusive to DLC maps. When it happens to me it kicks to the home screen however, never seen it just stay on the frozen loading screen.

Yuterald

Am I going nuts or did I read that you can't delete saved data/format your system memory? Without going into some weird/mad details, I sort of want to start fresh again in Crimson Dragon, but I can't! Are my save files permanently chilling on an untouchable cloud already or what?

Bsigg12

Am I going nuts or did I read that you can't delete saved data/format your system memory? Without going into some weird/mad details, I sort of want to start fresh again in Crimson Dragon, but I can't! Are my save files permanently chilling on an untouchable cloud already or what?

Its all handled by the system. You can uninstall games but that is literally the extent of control you have over storage management. All game saves are automatically uploaded as well.

Yuterald

Its all handled by the system. You can uninstall games but that is literally the extent of control you have over storage management. All game saves are automatically uploaded as well.

If I uninstall will it delete the game data? There's no way to look at your uploaded storage like with PS+?

Bsigg12

If I uninstall will it delete the game data? There's no way to look at your uploaded storage like with PS+?

No and no. Game saves seem to be always saved regardless if you uninstall the game. Microsoft designed the system to handle it all in the background so you didn't have to ever look at it but in doing so got rid of some real basic and vital functions.

Yuterald

No and no. Game saves seem to be always saved regardless if you uninstall the game. Microsoft designed the system to handle it all in the background so you didn't have to ever look at it but in doing so got rid of some real basic and vital functions.

That's so weird and definitely questionable.

Prophezz

Banned
Is anyone else's game kicking them back to the dashboard randomly? I was playing NBA 2k14 and it happened 3 times to me now. I've been playing only the quick games just to get into the game. It would randomly go back to the Xbox Home screen and I when I go back into the game it loads from the start as if I just started playing it. This is the only game that has done this to me. I'm testing out my other games to see if maybe the issue is my system (I hope it's just NBA 2k14).

Top Bottom