• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

GavinGT

Banned
Is anyone else's game kicking them back to the dashboard randomly? I was playing NBA 2k14 and it happened 3 times to me now. I've been playing only the quick games just to get into the game. It would randomly go back to the Xbox Home screen and I when I go back into the game it loads from the start as if I just started playing it. This is the only game that has done this to me. I'm testing out my other games to see if maybe the issue is my system (I hope it's just NBA 2k14).

Try a cold reboot by holding down the power button for five seconds.

jtrov

Is anyone else's game kicking them back to the dashboard randomly? I was playing NBA 2k14 and it happened 3 times to me now. I've been playing only the quick games just to get into the game. It would randomly go back to the Xbox Home screen and I when I go back into the game it loads from the start as if I just started playing it. This is the only game that has done this to me. I'm testing out my other games to see if maybe the issue is my system (I hope it's just NBA 2k14).

It's definitely happened to me and you'll see a bunch of people reporting about it on OperationSports forums as well. As you said, this is the only game that does this while playing. It's pretty shitty when you have a solid game going in myGM (playing 12 min qtrs) just for it to close on you after the third quarter or something. I've actually gotten in a habbit of saving and exiting after halftime just incase, so if it does crash, I can atleast start midway through the game. :/

Dead

well not really...yet
The quantum break stuff was not all that interesting, but im not too worried based off such a short preview. Alan Wake was by far one of the best games of the last generation, I'm up for whatever Remedy has in store.

Prophezz

Banned

Ok I've been playing Madden for almost 2 hours and it hasn't gone to the home screen automatically. Definitely a good sign for my system! Not a good sign for NBA 2k14! Which is buggy beyond words btw. 2k needs to patch this game asap.

Prophezz

Banned
It's definitely happened to me and you'll see a bunch of people reporting about it on OperationSports forums as well. As you said, this is the only game that does this while playing. It's pretty shitty when you have a solid game going in myGM (playing 12 min qtrs) just for it to close on you after the third quarter or something. I've actually gotten in a habbit of saving and exiting after halftime just incase, so if it does crash, I can atleast start midway through the game. :/

Yeah it definitely sucks that you can't even play a full game without it going to the home screen! Beautiful looking game but waaay too buggy. I expected better from 2k.

m23

Yeah it definitely sucks that you can't even play a full game without it going to the home screen! Beautiful looking game but waaay too buggy. I expected better from 2k.

I was thinking of getting it in a couple weeks, is it worth a purchase?

JaggedSac

Grabbed Powerstart Golf last night. That is a dang fun game. I especially like the records functionality in there. Pulls down the top 3 of your friend's drives, approaches, etc and shows you on the screen where they went, if you beat them you get some XP and a satisfying animation with a nice popping sound. Glad I friended statham because he is an XP factory for me :) And so is Major Nelson.

jtrov

I was thinking of getting it in a couple weeks, is it worth a purchase?

I've still been able to play around 30 games so far in myGM, but it is pretty buggy. 2K is saying Patch 3 will be the "big one", so if you can wait until it drops then you'll probaby have a better experience (hopefully it fixes more than it breaks this time lol). However, if you pick it up now then you'll still have a phenominal time with the game. Just be mindful that it has some issues, both major and minor.

m23

I've still been able to play around 30 games so far in myGM, but it is pretty buggy. 2K is saying Patch 3 will be the "big one", so if you can wait until it drops then you'll probaby have a better experience (hopefully it fixes more than it breaks this time lol). However, if you pick it up now then you'll still have a phenominal time with the game. Just be mindful that it has some issues, both major and minor.

Ok, hmm might wait for Boxing Day and pick it up.

On another note, what the hell were Turn 10 thinking with Forza 5's career mode? It's full of 2 lap races. How are 2 laps even close to being enough in a race? I'm forced to turn down the difficulty from expert to highly skilled to make it to the top 3, and then it just becomes too easy. So frustrating.

Klocker

When is redbox getting next gen games? Just bought a Bone and I'm cheap and don't want to buy a bunch of games right now. KI is fun though.

Yes going to give Ryse a run when the get them...Im guessing another month or two but I'm pulling that out of my ass.

There was a rumor months ago that rentals would be delayed a couple months after release window to protect day one sales....industry wide

I really like the automatic recording of clips by games. I've been watching clips of Peggle 2 from MajorNelson and some of the gaming press in my friends feed. I can see this creating problems in the future though, with automatic clips breaking embargos and such.

JLeack

Banned
Grabbed Powerstart Golf last night. That is a dang fun game. I especially like the records functionality in there. Pulls down the top 3 of your friend's drives, approaches, etc and shows you on the screen where they went, if you beat them you get some XP and a satisfying animation with a nice popping sound. Glad I friended statham because he is an XP factory for me :) And so is Major Nelson.

As a Hot Shots Golf fan I love Powerstar Golf. It's my most surprisingly good game of 2013.

statham

As a Hot Shots Golf fan I love Powerstar Golf. It's my most surprisingly good game of 2013.

This powerstar golf game drives me nuts. I played the last two hours and left frustrated. I've never been into golf games, so that's probably why.

Is there a way to link to SkyDrive but not have my real name be displayed?

Go to account.live.com and change your display name. You have to put in a first and last name, but they don't have to be your real name. (could put Jagged and Sac if you wanted). I think this may change the first name that it uses when you sign in on your Xbox One also.

theytookourjobz

Dead Rising is a lot of fun.

Also "xbox bing, the office" and it pops up everywhere I can watch the office, click on watch for free on Netflix. The fact that it searches all of the possible places any movie or TV should could exist and whether it's free or not is freaking amazing. The PS4 might have better looking and running games but I don't give a shit anymore. With another year under its belt, the XB1 is going to be the most amazing entertainment device maybe ever.

Also "xbox bing, the office" and it pops up everywhere I can watch the office, click on watch for free on Netflix. The fact that it searches all of the possible places any movie or TV should could exist and whether it's free or not is freaking amazing. The PS4 might have better looking and running games but I don't give a shit anymore. With another year under its belt, the XB1 is going to be the most amazing entertainment device maybe ever.

The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't seem to index every single show correctly. For example, Scandal or Doctor Who didn't show up for me on netflix during the bing search, even though I knew both are on there.

But for the most part, it is a nice feature

If anyone here has Battlefield 4 + Premium, are you having an issue where the game crashes after you complete a match? Basically, I'll play a match flawlessly and then when the game ends, it will take me to the next match, but it crashes on the black loading screen (where the white loading icon is in the right channel). It doesn't crash to the Home UI either. It just sits there on the frozen black screen, and the load icon stops blinking.

It only started happening after I downloaded the DLC map packs. =/

I have this happen very frequently, it seems to crash after I complete one match or a few then crashes to the home screen. Same thing happens to me in that the match runs fine, but on part when it tries to load the new map it fails. I have premium as well but I installed it right away after I got BF 4 so I can tell if the DLC affected that or not.

I did notice today China Rising has audio glitches like BF4 did for me on PC. I also try picking up the map specific weapons and as soon as I let go of the Y button I drop them. Battlelog loading is slow as hell loading also. I'm afraid to go into Battlelog or hop back out to the Xbox 1 dash as I think it may crash and lose my current games connection.

I'm a long time BF fan (since the 1942 demo came out) and I've cut DICE some slack in the past during launches, but the BF4 launch has been an unmitigated disaster. Its probably the worst quality big budget game I've ever played with the number of crashes and broken features. How anyone could obtain the 100 matches played achievement on the XB1 version is beyond me, they deserve a real life achievement for putting up with all the garbage.

DICE, I'm a day one Battlefield player no longer.

Prine

Banned

Yesss!! By far the easiest and most comprehensive search on any system. I didn't know what Paul Walker films were available, I just mentioned "Bing Paul walker" and bam, everything available was listed. MS need to develop this more it's awesome

I watched a Blu ray on my Xbox One for the first time (The Hobbit) and when I was done with the movie I tried to switch to watching TV. The TV app would not launch at all. It kept acting like there was no signal. I couldn't even pull up the TV Settings in the Settings app without it going back to the main screen. I turn the system off and on again and that didn't fix it. I had to hold the power button down on the Xbox for 5 seconds to hard boot it for things to get fixed.

Vestal

happened to me on a Nike replay were the vertical showed up as 0,0.

since then I have avoided the Nike replays and hasn't happened again.

Has not happened with any other of my games.(forza, ryse,dr3,ki,powerstar golf)

jtrov

happened to me on a Nike replay were the vertical showed up as 0,0.

since then I have avoided the Nike replays and hasn't happened again.

Has not happened with any other of my games.(forza, ryse,dr3,ki,powerstar golf)

Hmmm... Never noticed it before, but I wonder if that's the link in these crashes. Many times it has seemingly crashed to home during some type of transition (replay and end of quarter to name a few). I've never had it crash while I was in control, only during those moments such as right before a replay begins or right after a quarter ends

Going to see if it still happens to me if I turn off replays.

Mayyhem

We cannot turn on chat right now. Try again later.

NEXT GEN IS FUCKING HEREEEEE IM GONNA BREAK MY CONSOLE IF I GET THIS MESSAGE ONE MORE TIME

edit: seriously though, Xbox 360 was one of the best if not the best console I've ever owned. Xbox One is easily my least favorite console purchase of all time. Oh well, can't win em all. Hopefully they fix some (everything) shit in the future

Bkey

Banned
Maybe this has been talked about but is anyone have issue with a fan like noise coming from kinect? Its constant and really annoying. Thinking of take the tv off of the one as the noise is just so annoying.

Wait, when you do the 30 second record gameplay thing, it automatically uploads it to the feed?
Yes. All game clips, regardless of how they are recorded, are automatically shared according to your privacy settings (everyone, friends, only you).
It saves the 30 second clip to Game DVR, you then go to upload studio and edit it and upload it.

Well yes but the original clip is available even if you don't go through upload studio.

Ranger35

Neo Member
Is anyone else annoyed with having to choose what account you want to sign in as when you start a game. I set the kinect to sign me in with facial recognition and I'm the only account on the xbox. Seems like a redundant question even if there are multiple people present.

Yes. All game clips, regardless of how they are recorded, are automatically shared according to your privacy settings (everyone, friends, only you).

Well yes but the original clip is available even if you don't go through upload studio.

I believe you have to hit menu button on a specific clip and save manually or you will eventually lose the clip.

Is it menu button? Start.

Top Bottom