• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Is anyone else annoyed with having to choose what account you want to sign in as when you start a game. I set the kinect to sign me in with facial recognition and I'm the only account on the xbox. Seems like a redundant question even if there are multiple people present.

Every time it does that there should be an option on there that says, kinect didn't recognise me. If you click on that it will sync and remember you for next time.

SpartanN92

Banned
We cannot turn on chat right now. Try again later.

NEXT GEN IS FUCKING HEREEEEE IM GONNA BREAK MY CONSOLE IF I GET THIS MESSAGE ONE MORE TIME

edit: seriously though, Xbox 360 was one of the best if not the best console I've ever owned. Xbox One is easily my least favorite console purchase of all time. Oh well, can't win em all. Hopefully they fix some (everything) shit in the future

Give it a bit of time. Did you buy a 360 at launch? I promise it wasn't all sunshine and roses when it released.

SPDIF

Is anyone else annoyed with having to choose what account you want to sign in as when you start a game. I set the kinect to sign me in with facial recognition and I'm the only account on the xbox. Seems like a redundant question even if there are multiple people present.

That shouldn't be happening. The only reason that would happen is if Kinect can't see you/doesn't recognise you when starting a game. Therefore it has to ask, just to make sure. To prove it, next time it asks you who to sign in as, you should go to Settings -> Kinect. When it shows what Kinect sees, it will be showing you, but it will have "Guest" above your head.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Just installed the Foxnow app to catch up on Sleepy Hollow. The voice controls are damn cool. I was able to nav to exactly what I wanted pretty easily.

Klocker

Keep hitting the "kinect did not recognize me" button on that same screen and eventually it will recognize you more easily

Edit...
Haha beaten by a week

Anyone have a list of websites specifically optimized for the Xbox browser?

I just started using Pandora through my Xbox One today and it's pretty slick.

Hawk269

As we just passed the 2 week mark since release, I am enjoying my Xbox One even more than I thought I would. It definitely is getting a lot more use than any of my previous systems 2 weeks in and I am an older gamer and had a 2600 back in the day...lol.

My fiancée loves it and uses it a lot as well, she loves how Kinect works and uses the Fitness programs every other day.

Still a lot of work they need to do on it though. With the amount of CPU/GPU resources and 3gb of RAM, the UI should be quicker and moving from apps to apps should be a little quicker too. Not that it is bad, but very obvious that they muscled there way to get something stable ready for launch.

I just hope we get an update, even a small one to help improve things would be nice, especially something to help improve load times, which are incredibly slow as in game installing. I am pretty sure that this is OS related and hope some improvements are coming soon.

brarstar

Neo Member
Is anyone else having problems connecting to Xbox live? I do the network tests and they all pass. Then I restart a couple times and it connects. Seems weird as the servers aren't down.. I don't know what's going on.

brarstar

Neo Member
Also what's the way to hard reset a game? Sometimes I boot up nba 2k14 and it won't connect to the servers. So I need to either shutdown or boot a different game. Are those the only two ways?

Also what's the way to hard reset a game? Sometimes I boot up nba 2k14 and it won't connect to the servers. So I need to either shutdown or boot a different game. Are those the only two ways?

To go the home screen, and then press the menu button (the three horizontal lines on the controller) and select "quit game".

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't checked the store in a couple days but they actually have a demo section now. And a Zoo Tycoon demo.

I believe you have to hit menu button on a specific clip and save manually or you will eventually lose the clip.

Is it menu button? Start.

Yes the clips that are not marked as saved (green checkmark in top right corner in Upload app) are automatically deleted after a while. No idea how long it takes but yeah. It is probably not just a matter of time but also how much space you have left in the storage pool for unsaved clips.

Menu button to save them permanently, yes. Upload Studio clips are automatically marked as saved IIRC.

ajim

A little help thanks guys if possible.

I bought a movie from Xbox Video and I try to play it and am greeted with the below:

Can't Play
You're offline right now. To listen or watch online, or to manage your account, connect to the internet.

More info

0x00d1198 (0xc00d22ee2)

Despite being connected to the net because I just purchased it, can browse IE etc.

Any idea why?

edit: Completely won't work, even after reconnecting the net, rebooting, logging in/out etc. Wtf

Alx

Is it rented or bought ? Maybe try to download it instead of streaming, which should let you watch it offline anyway.
If that doesn't work either, you should call the support, since you paid for something and didn't get it.

operon

The "can't turn on party chat" message really pissed me off last night, had chat working with my brother then it started acting up

Hot Damn, over at Remedy. Xbox Ones for all.

9gX5Ytc.png

ParityBit

So I have been backing up my DVD collection so I can dispose of the DVD's.

I am putting them as VIDEO_TS files on an external drive to be plugged into my network. Can I use the Xbox One to view them? If so, how would I go about doing this?

OK, game clips that are automatically recorded, are they shared online without me having to go into Upload Studio? Or do I have to manually use Upload Studio to share each and every one? Thank you!

How do I link my Origin account to my Gamertag in BF4?

I only get one single option, to choose a new Origin ID, and when I type mine it just says the name is already taken, with no option to log in...

PhatSaqs

Banned
OK, game clips that are automatically recorded, are they shared online without me having to go into Upload Studio? Or do I have to manually use Upload Studio to share each and every one? Thank you!
Doesnt auto upload to Skydrive and you must save the clip in order to have it shared to friends.

Top Bottom