• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sangreal

Doesnt auto upload to Skydrive and you must save the clip in order to have it shared to friends.

they're shared automatically

I have a dummy account which is only friends with me and the activity feed is overflowing with clips Ryse recorded automatically

kaje

Neo Member
Anyone have any details on when we'll be able to vote on submissions from the gamerpic contest?

The Contest Period consists of an Entry Period which starts at 2:00pm. Pacific Time (PT) on November 12, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 1, 2013 and a Voting Period which starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on December 9, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 20,2013.

I am convinced that the download to console option doesn't work on xbox.com.
I'm just about to buy Peggle 2, when I get home in couple of hours it better be ready to play.

Last time I did this with forza, I switched on console and was greeted by the patch screen saying accept or decline. I then had to accept and wait for forza to download fully, I wasn't happy with that.

Anyone know if Peggle 2 has a patch at all?

sangreal

I am convinced that the download to console option doesn't work on xbox.com.
I'm just about to buy Peggle 2, when I get home in couple of hours it better be ready to play.

Last time I did this with forza, I switched on console and was greeted by the patch screen saying accept or decline. I then had to accept and wait for forza to download fully, I wasn't happy with that.

Anyone know if Peggle 2 has a patch at all?

It doesn't work, but I don't think it claims to. It just says something like it will be in your my games and apps list ready to install (download)

I thought that was one of the points of having your console on a sleep/standby mode? So it can communicate when you buy stuff and have them ready for you.
It's a feature that NEEDS to happen though.

Chitown B

i'll test when I get home. I bought Peggle 2 on the website and my X1 is on right now. I don't see why it wouldn't work - it did on the 360.

It didn't work for me on the X1 originally since I bought all my games before my system came, so I didn't have any console set as "home console" at that point. Hopefully it does now.

Bought Powerstar Golf over the weekend and played a few hours of it. I'm totally, helplessly addicted to it, even if I can't putt at all. Such a great, fun, little game.

i'll test when I get home. I bought Peggle 2 on the website and my X1 is on right now. I don't see why it wouldn't work - it did on the 360.

It didn't work for me on the X1 originally since I bought all my games before my system came, so I didn't have any console set as "home console" at that point. Hopefully it does now.

I'm on my way home now and bought the game earlier on.
Just wasn't sure, because there was an update for Forza that may have stopped the actual game from being downloaded, as you had to click to continue.
I know they added the option on 360 to have auto-updates on, meaning you didn't need to click us when a game wanted to update.

Halo Spartan Assault launches on December 24th. Going to be $15, or $5 if you buy it on Windows 8 by December 15th. That's $12 in total for both versions if you have Windows 8.

New002

Got home woke up with xbox on command.
Peggle 2 wasn't installed, just said ready to install on game page.
Installing now.

Yeah this is pretty annoying. I was hoping I could purchase the game at work and it would be ready when I got home since the console is on standby. Kind of silly that I did this yesterday on my 360 but the One can't do it.

Hawk269

How do I link my Origin account to my Gamertag in BF4?

I only get one single option, to choose a new Origin ID, and when I type mine it just says the name is already taken, with no option to log in...

I never figured it out myself, so ended up making another Origin account. It worked fine on the PS4 as I have Origin on the PC, but on the X1 version, I was stuck in the same loop that it did not give the option to put in an existing account.

Posting on the 360th page of the Xbox One OT.

I've been in Peggle 2 all afternoon and I guess all games (even 'arcade' ones like Peggle 2) will be having 1,000 Gamerscore. Good stuff.

Got Battlefield 4 from gamefly. I wonder how the game works now!

Still spotty at times, especially during peak hours. A friend of mine still can't play campaign though. I played through it with no issues in the first week however.

Klocker

Got my Xbox One today and Kinect is actually pretty amazing.

Congrats. My favorite thing lately it turns out, is watching tv or video apps snapped while playing games and controlling my entertainment system and such by voice.

Can't believe we lived like heathens in previous generations. ;)

Faith

Congrats. My favorite thing lately it turns out, is watching tv or video apps snapped while playing games and controlling my entertainment system and such by voice.

Can't believe we lived like heathens in previous generations. ;)
Doesn't really work for me, because I'm using an AVR and I don't have a TV set top box.

BondFancy

Any idea if the Xbox One version of BF4 was patched? Because my finals are almost over and that is the absolute first thing I want to do lmao!

Ran Ran

I ordered a Xbox One today though Amazon.

So now I have a Wii U, PS4, and a Xbox One.

My wallet is so empty, not even a piece of lint in it..

RulkezX

Anybody know if you can turn off auto-recording of game clips without turning off the DVR entirely?

Nope , the quality is so bad you.re as well turning it off anyway. The DR 3 vids I made tonight look like 360p YouTube videos :(

Side topic : I scanned a code for Fifa a few days ago , it downloaded and installed 9.6 GB. I went to play it today and it just took me to a Barca vs Real exhibition match , if I ended the match to get to the menus it threw me back to the dash. anyone had this ?

Bravoexo

@sangreal, yes...NBA2K14's Game DVR or Recording do not have audio. I have not tried any other game though... I googled and found a few hints and xbox forum posts about it.. so its a known issue with the game then?

sangreal

@sangreal, yes...NBA2K14's Game DVR or Recording do not have audio. I have not tried any other game though... I googled and found a few hints and xbox forum posts about it.. so its a known issue with the game then?

yeah, I'm pretty sure 2k blocks it due to music licensing or something. Doesn't work on ps4 either

Sobriquet

Is it rented or bought ? Maybe try to download it instead of streaming, which should let you watch it offline anyway.
If that doesn't work either, you should call the support, since you paid for something and didn't get it.

I don't think you can download rentals anymore.

timlot

Banned
Bought Powerstar Golf over the weekend and played a few hours of it. I'm totally, helplessly addicted to it, even if I can't putt at all. Such a great, fun, little game.

Loved the game myself. Its the perfect game to play with tv snapped because its so laid back and doesn't require constant attention.

Patryn

So I just got an XBox One, hooked it up, but there's no sound.

Nothing, nada. I'm hooking it up directly HDMI to my TV, and I've tried different cables, but I'm getting nothing.

I even went into the settings and tried to change the audio settings but I'm still getting nothing.

Any advice? It's a Samsung TV if that matters. No receiver, I just want to play the audio directly from the TV.

I love being able to say 'Xbox record that' and it saves a video...

...to bad that video is 30 seconds long, and therefor fucking USELESS. fuuuuuuck, so annoying.

sangreal

I love being able to say 'Xbox record that' and it saves a video...

...to bad that video is 30 seconds long, and therefor fucking USELESS. fuuuuuuck, so annoying.

30 is more than enough for me, but they should definitely make it configurable

along with disabling developer-initiated clips

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, I got an Xbox One (local Target had like 8 in yesterday). This morning, I woke up early, and bought Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3, all digital. Ryse was downloading, and the others queued. I hold the controller button down and choose Console Off, which I'm assuming put it in Standby, right?

I get home from work, 9 hours later, and only 55% of Ryse is downloaded, with none of the others obviously even started. WTF?! I did a speedtest just now on my Mac, that's connected to the same 5ghz connection as the 'Bone, and I'm getting 22+ mb/s.

Is it just XBL at this juncture is not that fast due to being flooded?

Hawk269

Any idea if the Xbox One version of BF4 was patched? Because my finals are almost over and that is the absolute first thing I want to do lmao!

Not yet. It was suppose to have a patch last week to fix various things, but from what I have read around it never arrived.

Does anyone know if there is a screen that tells you what the Xbox One has downloaded when in sleep mode? It would be nice to know when an update for a game or the system is installed when the unit is not in use.

Top Bottom