• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Not yet. It was suppose to have a patch last week to fix various things, but from what I have read around it never arrived.

Does anyone know if there is a screen that tells you what the Xbox One has downloaded when in sleep mode? It would be nice to know when an update for a game or the system is installed when the unit is not in use.

I think it adds an entry for it in Notifications. The other day I turned it on and had 1 and it turned out to be Machinima. Last night I bought Peggle 2 and immediately turned the system off. When I turned it on today, it had 1 notification for Peggle 2, saying it was ready to play.

sangreal

So, I got an Xbox One (local Target had like 8 in yesterday). This morning, I woke up early, and bought Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3, all digital. Ryse was downloading, and the others queued. I hold the controller button down and choose Console Off, which I'm assuming put it in Standby, right?

I get home from work, 9 hours later, and only 55% of Ryse is downloaded, with none of the others obviously even started. WTF?! I did a speedtest just now on my Mac, that's connected to the same 5ghz connection as the 'Bone, and I'm getting 22+ mb/s.

Is it just XBL at this juncture is not that fast due to being flooded?

there is a speedtest in network settings. do you have standby enabled? did you get green or black screen when turning it on?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think it adds an entry for it in Notifications. The other day I turned it on and had 1 and it turned out to be Machinima. Last night I bought Peggle 2 and immediately turned the system off. When I turned it on today, it had 1 notification for Peggle 2, saying it was ready to play.

Yup, it adds it there. Did it this morning with crimson dragon, downloaded in standby.

This may be wrong but when I had mine connected via wifi it said connection problems when I was downloading games in Standby so I switched to Ethernet and it worked. Might not be related but may be worth a try.

Anyone know what is going on with the Xbone's RGB Full versus Limited settings?

I've hooked my Xbone up to multiple IPS monitors that support RGB Full. When running the Xbone display test patterns, the deep black patterns and the bright white patterns never display the appropriate images (only see 2/4 of the potential images). If I switch over to RGB limited, all display patterns are visible no problem.

Is something messed up with the full/limited settings? I'm beginning to wonder if RGB Full/Limited functions were swapped in settings so selecting one gets you the other. That could explain some of the black crush people have been experiencing.

I haven't had a chance to test anything out on a regular TV yet, but either Full RGB mode is broken, or the Xbone display test pattern image is (I have no idea how that is possible).

30 is more than enough for me, but they should definitely make it configurable

along with disabling developer-initiated clips

Its not even enough to record a whole Killer Instinct match, which makes it pretty useless to me. It only seems good for catching hilarious bugs, haha.

Yeah, 30 seconds is pretty dumb. Worthless really. It was better last gen.

When I can record 15 minutes on my PS4, getting only 30 seconds is pretty worthless, yeah.

They really need to make it configurable, I want at least 5 minutes.

I love being able to say 'Xbox record that' and it saves a video...

...to bad that video is 30 seconds long, and therefor fucking USELESS. fuuuuuuck, so annoying.

I completely disagree, I barely use the 5 minute recording, I like just having the moments I need then I can quickly edit and upload.

I do hope the 5 minute limit gets increased over time but as I said I use it a lot and I'm happy with it.

Klocker

I've hooked my Xbone up to multiple IPS monitors that support RGB Full. When running the Xbone display test patterns, the deep black patterns and the bright white patterns never display the appropriate images (only see 2/4 of the potential images). If I switch over to RGB limited, all display patterns are visible no problem.

Is something messed up with the full/limited settings? I'm beginning to wonder if RGB Full/Limited functions were swapped in settings so selecting one gets you the other. That could explain some of the black crush people have been experiencing.

I haven't had a chance to test anything out on a regular TV yet, but either Full RGB mode is broken, or the Xbone display test pattern image is (I have no idea how that is possible).

Same issue here. No idea why

GTI Guy

Its not even enough to record a whole Killer Instinct match, which makes it pretty useless to me. It only seems good for catching hilarious bugs, haha.

When I can record 15 minutes on my PS4, getting only 30 seconds is pretty worthless, yeah.

Snap game dvr and you can record last 5 min

New002

So Xbox Fitness has stopped working for me. It just kicks me out to the home screen. I have tried holding in the power button for 7 seconds, changing the power settings to energy saver prior to turning off the console, unplugging the PSU for 30 seconds, uninstalling and re-insalling the game...no dice.

Anybody else have this issue and solve it? Thanks in advance!

Ok great, thanks guys.

Game DVR works great, its a few more steps than I would like, but it works well and its nice to be able to choose how long to save.

I still wish 'record that' could be configured to be more useful to me though, but Microsoft is awesome about putting out updates to the OS, so I expect that will happen eventually.

Now I just need to find a fix the Xbox One not working with my reciever, haha. Stupid fucking thing just loses video, and my screen goes black, its great. haha. I have to run my Xbox into just my PC to play it :(

mrdark

Banned
Heh, all the trouble and headache I went through to replace my defective Day One and I get sent a Standard. Not only that, it has the optical disc drive problem as well. This is going back and I'm getting an R9 290 when the price goes back down to normal. I'll just go PC/PS4/WiiU this generation and only miss out on a few good exclusives. If Microsoft really does focus on PC gaming I may not even miss out on everything.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I replaced my loud system today, but my new system has a completely different new (high-pitched) sound, as if the bearings of the fan need oiling. It'd be nice if I could install a quality fan without voiding the warranty.

Patryn

Well, it took an hour, but I convinced MS that my audio issue meant that my XBO was defective. So I guess I'll get a new one in a week or so.

simples

Banned
Its not even enough to record a whole Killer Instinct match, which makes it pretty useless to me. It only seems good for catchin

-xbox snap Game dvr
-end clip now
-choose to keep last 30, 45, 1 min, 3 min, 5 min

and it's not your fault, MS should've made the UI so posts like mine aren't needed to explain their features

xkramz

Anyone know what the YouTube patch was for?
I do hate that voice command on YouTube is not good at all. If I cough or sneeze,, it opens up the green letters as if I said "Xbox select" lol it be ttippy

eastx

...to bad that video is 30 seconds long, and therefor fucking USELESS. fuuuuuuck, so annoying.

You can launch the Game DVR app to access the previous 5 minutes of gameplay footage. It is weird how the Record That and auto-recording only do 30 seconds though.

Timu

It's broken from what I know and it affects games that are sub 1080p except Ryse. Funny how I get crushed blacks on a PC monitor.

Hammer24

Banned
Damn, I need to find a good/slick solution! I was assuming (You know what they say about assuming ...) that the XB1 would work.

For the moment I´ll go with a HDMI Switch, where I can hook my Satellite Receiver and the Boxee Box both to the X1 HDMI in. Not the slickest solution, but works as advertised.

Guys I'm trying to play bf4 and I put in the code for China rising. It's saying the code has already been used and I'm not sure I remember using it.

If this is the case then how do I check if I have the dlc already installed? At the in game shop it's prompting me to pay $50 for it.

xkramz

Guys I'm trying to play bf4 and I put in the code for China rising. It's saying the code has already been used and I'm not sure I remember using it.

If this is the case then how do I check if I have the dlc already installed? At the in game shop it's prompting me to pay $50 for it.
Hmm highlight battlefield 4 and press menu button ( the three line button) and press " show add-on?

Was playing some BF4 last night whilst downloading Peggle 2.
Wasn't aware the xbox one downloaded and installed whilst you were playing online, somehow I just expected it to be like 360, stopping your downloads when you play online.

China Rising isn't available to download yet, you have to be a BF Premium subscriber for two week early access.

Naked Lunch

Ok cool. I will try that out thanks.

Wish I had known that earlier! I had some fights I wanted to save, haha.

If youre talking about Killer Instinct - that game saves all of your recent replays in the in-game archive. Youll have to go into the menus and maunally save the ones you want to keep forever though. No Game DVR needed.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Any idea if the Xbox One version of BF4 was patched? Because my finals are almost over and that is the absolute first thing I want to do lmao!

I think it has been. Can't see anything online but I think the sharpen filter is off, the whole game is lighter and it seems like smoke and lighting have been upgraded. Have a look in multiplayer and see what you think.

Was going to make a thread but I can't, boohoo

Still got kicked out a few times last night.

ajim

A little help thanks guys if possible.

I bought a movie from Xbox Video and I try to play it and am greeted with the below:

Can't Play
You're offline right now. To listen or watch online, or to manage your account, connect to the internet.

More info

0x00d1198 (0xc00d22ee2)

Despite being connected to the net because I just purchased it, can browse IE etc.

Any idea why?

edit: Completely won't work, even after reconnecting the net, rebooting, logging in/out etc. Wtf
Anyone have any ideas? Still appears to be happening... :(

I think it has been. Can't see anything online but I think the sharpen filter is off, the whole game is lighter and it seems like smoke and lighting have been upgraded. Have a look in multiplayer and see what you think.

Was going to make a thread but I can't, boohoo

Still got kicked out a few times last night.
Every time I'm about to finish a level it kicks Me back to the main xbox menu and crashes. So I have to do the last bit again. I don't think it has been patched yet. Can't get over how buggy this game is.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Every time I'm about to finish a level it kicks Me back to the main xbox menu and crashes. So I have to do the last bit again. I don't think it has been patched yet. Can't get over how buggy this game is.

No idea then, last night I played for about 4 hours (!) and had a pretty solid run until the end where we did get kicked a couple of times before calling it a night.

The stuff about the visuals is definitely there though, see if you can see a difference.

Wizman23

Banned

Most cool stuff is like 10 seconds long. Every one of my USELESS 30 second videos I have trimmed to under 10 seconds. If you want longer vids snap the game DVR and it will record for 5 minutes.

What IS annoying as fuck is when games automatically record clips. I'm looking at you BF4 and Peggle 2. No one gives a shit when you get promoted in BF4 and Peggle 2 over does it.

Lima

Most cool stuff is like 10 seconds long. Every one of my USELESS 30 second videos I have trimmed to under 10 seconds. If you want longer vids snap the game DVR and it will record for 5 minutes.

What IS annoying as fuck is when games automatically record clips. I'm looking at you BF4 and Peggle 2. No one gives a shit when you get promoted in BF4 and Peggle 2 over does it.

In Peggle 2 you can disable it in the options menu. Don't know about BF4.

sportz103

Heh, all the trouble and headache I went through to replace my defective Day One and I get sent a Standard. Not only that, it has the optical disc drive problem as well. This is going back and I'm getting an R9 290 when the price goes back down to normal. I'll just go PC/PS4/WiiU this generation and only miss out on a few good exclusives. If Microsoft really does focus on PC gaming I may not even miss out on everything.
I'm guessing you didn't go through Microsoft then? They just send the console itself, which is the same between editions.

I hooked up my 360 to my xbone... Did not enjoy the results XD

I didn't noticed any degradation in the image, but the extra input delay is definitely there (nothing major, but noticeable), plus for some reason I got no sound...

You can use the 5 minutes, just start the game DVR, and end the clip.

Or do you mean a voice shortcut for recording 5 minutes?

Its always recording? I thought it was something I had to turn on ahead of time.

It's both :p

You can use it to start recording something (not sure if it's limited to 5 minutes there), or you can save the up to the last 5 minutes recorded.

Nothing has been said that I know of, its on 360 the day after Steam release. Ive just asked on twitter as a friend of mine wants to know

Right, I think the latest that I heard, it "wasn't coming at launch." So, maybe a few months down the road? Might hold off buying on 360 if it is coming to the Xbox One.

BF4 should record when you get dope multi-kills instead of the moment you get promoted where mostly nothing great is going on.

Top Bottom