• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Nemesis_

Go into settings > preferences and uncheck record gameplay with dvr

I'd love to only be able to do this with specific games. I love the moments Ubisoft capture when I'm playing AC4 online.

Ryse, on the other hand, feels pointless. Essentially EVERYONE is going to be uploading the same moments throughout the story. Seems needless and pointless.

Wizman23

Banned
Go into settings > preferences and uncheck record gameplay with dvr

If you do this does "Xbox record that" not work? I love the DVR when I use it on my own terms but hate when it is automatic. BF4 and Peggle 2 are the worse offenders of this. I heard FIFA is pretty bad as well.

I've got two XB1 controllers, and after just a couple weeks of use, both have a loose left side, where you can clearly feel the plastic flexing when you hold it tight. It makes a slight creaking noise when it's pressed. Pretty annoying.

I bought a play and charge with a controller. My first one had the loose plastic on the right side. I returned it last night and this one's A button sticks down 10% of the time.

I'll report back on what the 3rd one does. Mildly annoying.

Razdek

Banned
I know that the people like to shit on the Xbox UI but I find myself enjoying it more that the PS4 with the multitasking abilities. I think they have a solid foundation that they can expand upon and if they can get the kinks smooth out and put in new features it can be a great UI.

One thing I hope Microsoft does soon is allow the apps from the Windows Store to be able to run on the XBOX. I think this can really differentiate them from the PS4 and people can say that they don't need apps because they have their phones/tablets but if I can run VLC/Plex and others on the XBOX then I'll do that instead.

bananas

Banned
Just bought an Xbox One off eBay.

It was only $520 with free shipping which is less than if I had gone to a store and bought it, since sales tax would've been about $35 for me.

Hope it's not a scam, lol. Not really worried though. Buyer had good rating. And I can always file a complaint through eBay as well, they favor the buyer anyway.

So yeah, in a couple days I should get mine. Excite

It was only $520 with free shipping which is less than if I had gone to a store and bought it, since sales tax would've been about $35 for me.

Hope it's not a scam, lol. Not really worried though. Buyer had good rating. And I can always file a complaint through eBay as well, they favor the buyer anyway.

If you like bananas, you'll LOVE the Xbox One.

Z_Y

Congrats!

But that seller lost his shit on that sale. He is only going to see around $450 of that money and that is BEFORE he pays to ship it to you. Crazy.

bananas

Banned
Congrats!

But that seller lost his shit on that sale. He is only going to see around $450 of that money and that is BEFORE he pays to ship it to you. Crazy.

It was a Buy it now thing, and he had a total of seven consoles. I got the last one.

I figured if it is a scam, with seven people he'll get caught faster.

and like I said, he had a good rating. 100% with 126 reviews, or something like that.

MXRider

It was a Buy it now thing, and he had a total of seven consoles. I got the last one.

and like I said, he had a good rating. 100% with 126 reviews, or something like that.
Those consoles definetly fell off the truck.

Got my Xbox One yesterday! :)
I have FIFA, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5.

Add me XboxGAF, my GamerTag is RagingAvatar - if possible, message me to let me know you're from GAF.

I'm loving it so far!

I'm looking to get a second power brick for the Xbox One. Ideally I'd like to be able to move my Xbox from the living room to my bedroom randomly.

What is my best option here? Is Microsoft selling extra power supplies?

I'm at work right now but feel free to add me on XBL: backflip10019.

I have Need for Speed, Peggle 2 and Powerstar Golf currently. Also active on Xbox Fitness. Need more friends who have Xbox Ones!

Redshirt

Banned
Is there a reference available for the small white icons that can appear on tiles?

EDIT: What does the controller with a plus sign icon mean?

MajorPain

Maybe they fell off the truck.

Redshirt

Banned
I've experienced a strange issue. I have two Xbox One consoles. One is connected to my network (Asus Dark Knight) via Ethernet and the other through 5ghz Wi-Fi.

The hardwired Xbox One received the system update and downloaded the AC IV update.

The Xbox One connected wirelessly still hasn't gotten the patch, and I had to download the AC IV update manually.

eastx

I'm looking to get a second power brick for the Xbox One. Ideally I'd like to be able to move my Xbox from the living room to my bedroom randomly.

What is my best option here? Is Microsoft selling extra power supplies?

Call 1-800-4MYXBOX and they should be able to sell you one. That's how I got an extra power brick for my 360.

I've experienced a strange issue. I have two Xbox One consoles. One is connected to my network (Asus Dark Knight) via Ethernet and the other through 5ghz Wi-Fi.

The hardwired Xbox One received the system update and downloaded the AC IV update.

The Xbox One connected wirelessly still hasn't gotten the patch, and I had to download the AC IV update manually.

Is one the hardwired in a sleep state and the other not? Apparently consoles that aren't in sleep states are receiving the update at a later date.

no way. It's much more solid control-wise. I fully disagree and have not had any issues with the X1 controller. The 360 one just feels bad now when I use it.

Agreed. The quality of the controller is much higher, not to mention that the little "Day One 2013" etched into the center looks mighty cool.

no way. It's much more solid control-wise. I fully disagree and have not had any issues with the X1 controller. The 360 one just feels bad now when I use it.

Yeah it feels clunky to me now (360). The springs in the triggers really make the controller feel last gen. The XB1 controller is so nice in comparison, but I'm still developing a callus on my left thumb from Killer Instinct. I'm trying to train myself to use the d-pad but it's just so inaccurate for me. Amazon cancelled my Mad Catz stick purchase as well... so sad now.

oVerde

Banned
Is there a reference available for the small white icons that can appear on tiles?

EDIT: What does the controller with a plus sign icon mean?
The small icon means this app was in Snapped mode when you left it and will open in snap again next time. You can chance it using the menu button (aka. Start) and selecting "Full Screen".

The controller with a plus sign means there is DLC/Addons attached to that game.

It's safe to say that X1 controller is the best I've ever used so far. Nothing else can come close to it. Just feels damn good and right in my hands. DS4 still feels small and the triggers are... you got to be kidding me if people call those triggers. Was disappointed as soon as I tried it out after reading first impressions on GAF.

It's safe to say that X1 controller is the best I've ever used so far. Nothing else can come close to it. Just feels damn good and right in my hands. DS4 still feels small and the triggers are... you got to be kidding me if people call those triggers. Was disappointed as soon as I tried it out after reading first impressions on GAF.

Going back to even my 360 controller, it feels very stiff in the thumbsticks and the general build quality feels very cheap in comparison which is very harsh on the 360 controller as its been so good for 8 years.

Redshirt

Banned
The small icon means this app was in Snapped mode when you left it and will open in snap again next time. You can chance it using the menu button (aka. Start) and selecting "Full Screen".

The controller with a plus sign means there is DLC/Addons attached to that game.

Ahh OK. Thanks.

jond76

Banned
Got the update. Had to press the x button on the controller to power on the box. It did not power the tv or amp. I was pleasantly surprised that after the update it powered everything on as normal.

Really enjoying the system over here.

update installed fine after some hassle getting my machine to power on. Hope I don't have a dodgy power button.

Any BF4 players noticed things getting worse over the past couple of days? Was fine for me up until Monday but I've had real issues trying to get into a game since

so I went to McDonalds today and won Splosion Man off a game piece. I think this is for xbox 360 but still
Someone take it!

Code Hidden in Email tag

update installed fine after some hassle getting my machine to power on. Hope I don't have a dodgy power button.

Any BF4 players noticed things getting worse over the past couple of days? Was fine for me up until Monday but I've had real issues trying to get into a game since

I've read some people can't even get the game to run. PS4 gets an update to fix issues and Xbox One owners left to rot it seems.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Basic question -- how can you tell if your device is in Sleep or Off? On PS4 it's easy because of the yellow light. But on Xbox I can't even find a setting for it. I try the "xbox turn on" thing (it's on it settings) but it never works so I just have no idea. When you go to turn it off there doesn't seem to be an option to put it in sleep vs. turn off.

Maybe I'm just missing something basic.

sangreal

Basic question -- how can you tell if your device is in Sleep or Off? On PS4 it's easy because of the yellow light. But on Xbox I can't even find a setting for it. I try the "xbox turn on" thing (it's on it settings) but it never works so I just have no idea. When you go to turn it off there doesn't seem to be an option to put it in sleep vs. turn off.

Maybe I'm just missing something basic.

orange light on power brick = off
white light on power brick = standby

I was constantly getting kicked out of games last night and today I couldn't even get on to a server. Game is really fun when it works, but honestly, it's such a ridiculous mess that I almost regret buying it. Wanted Premium too, but no way I fork over £40 with the game in its current state.

Femto.

I've been meaning to post about this but haven't had the time until now.

Everything has been working fine on my Xbox One, except it came with an annoyance.

When I turn off my system by holding the power button it shuts everything off but the controller, then the power button on the controller starts flashing looking for a signal, and turns the Xbox back on. Now if I turn off the controller before the system, as expected, the system stays off when I hold the power button. Lastly, if I hook up the controller via USB both the system and the controller turns off simultaneously, as it should. I bought another controller just to see if it was the Day One controller that was causing the problem, but the same thing occurred with a regular controller so I returned it.

However if I put the Xbox in standby by mode via the controller, kinect, or tapping the power button the controller turns off and the console stays "off".

I contacted hardware support and the guy who assisted me said that he has never heard of something like this before, and it seems like more of a software issue than a hardware problem. So he asked me a few questions, registered my console, and said that he would submit the bug.

Am I the only one here who's experience something like this? Should I get an exchange from the retail store I got it from? Its an annoyance, but I'm not sure if it justifies getting an exchange for it.

Top Bottom