• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've put quite a few hours into AC4 already and I'm loving it. Easily the best AC since Brotherhood.

Funny, I wonder if I'm the only one who misses the glyph puzzles from AC2 and Brotherhood?

Im having trouble with bf4. I can't join any matches. This is the third date in a row.

I'm having huge problems with it today. Been trying for hours to get into matches. Constantly getting the lost connection to session message. It's really annoying as for the last week or so its been almost perfect for me.

Caayn

Same here. Normally I can play BF4 just fine, with a random crash to the dashboard/game menu every 5 games orso. But today I can't even find a single match. Keeps telling me that it couldn't find a match or that the connection has been lost.

Giggzy

So I ended up sticking with my PS4 preorder instead of the X1, and I've enjoyed it so far. But I just saw kinect in action at a buddies house and it left a great impression. Xbox fitness is great and snapping things is awesome. I just called my local gamestop and they have some in stock so I'm close to driving over there and picking one up.

I have a question before I do though. What program does Play To stream through? Is it possible to snap something you're streaming from your PC and play a game at the same time? If so that's all I need to pull the trigger.

Pyrogeek

I've put quite a few hours into AC4 already and I'm loving it. Easily the best AC since Brotherhood.

Me too. It's turning into the game I play most on the Xbox One. The individual missions or activities are all short enough that I can pickup and play, the open world sea roaming is a blast, and you get in to the meat of the game early enough unlike AC 3's extremely long "tutorial".

So I ended up sticking with my PS4 preorder instead of the X1, and I've enjoyed it so far. But I just saw kinect in action at a buddies house and it left a great impression. Xbox fitness is great and snapping things is awesome. I just called my local gamestop and they have some in stock so I'm close to driving over there and picking one up.

I have a question before I do though. What program does Play To stream through? Is it possible to snap something you're streaming from your PC and play a game at the same time? If so that's all I need to pull the trigger.
Once the play to charm starts streaming you don't even have to leave the app open on the foreground :)

Almost all metro players use the play to. The most notably options right now are Mobile.HD and PowerDVD, since both can play mkvs.

None of them work with subtitles (when playing to xbone) though...

Edit: Sorry, i misunderstood the question. What I meant was on the windows8 pc, the app that's streaming can be on the background without pausing. Haven't tested if the video can be snapped yet. Will do and report back!

Giggzy

Edit: Sorry, i misunderstood the question. What I meant was on the windows8 pc, the app that's streaming can be on the background without pausing. Haven't tested if the video can be snapped yet. Will do and report back!

Awesome! Thank you I look forward to your reply! Hopefully it's a yes :)

It's a yes :p

The snapped video remains really small, though, if it was possible to adjust the snap size like in W8 it would be perfection.

I hope at some point they let you do like a picture in picture thing with a bigger snapped section and the game bit is also reduced in size, if I'm playing games like Peggle, Fifa or Powerstar Golf I can live with a smaller area if I could have say my 360 with the Sky app up to watch football.

Quick question: Is there any way to change the audio so that I only get the audio from the snapped app or only get audio from the game I'm playing?

So this past weekend, I had a leak in my apartment. Just so happen, that leak was right above my consoles, lol.

So my xbox one and ps4 got drenched.

I was able to get a replacement for my ps4 Saturday morning at the Sony store here in NYC.

As for the xbox one, amazon sent me a replacement unit, which was supposed to be here monday. They used a shipping company called lazership. It's been 2 days and it still wasn't here so I called them (this was the 3rd time I called btw) and they told me the replacement unit was apparently delivered 30 min ago. I don't know how that's possible cause I'm in an apartment building and you would HAVE to contact me in order to deliver.

So they ended up delivering somewhere else...which still blows my mind. They redirected me to amazon, and I just told them to give me a refund. So in 2-3 days, I'll have my money back.

I enjoyed my time with the xbox one but now that I've played with it, I'm in no rush to go get a new one. Will wait till February/March to do so.

Christmas is near so I could use the extra money anyways.

I'm getting my Xbone on Friday (a friend bought 2!). I'm gonna DL Ryse and Dead Rising 3. I have AC IV for PS4 already. Any other essentials I should pick up? I don't like FPS's . . .

btags

I'm getting my Xbone on Friday (a friend bought 2!). I'm gonna DL Ryse and Dead Rising 3. I have AC IV for PS4 already. Any other essentials I should pick up? I don't like FPS's . . .

If you think you could enjoy a fighting game I would suggest Killer Instinct. Prior to this game I had not played many fighting games except for mortal kombat, but the presentation, polish, music, and low cost of entry make it totally worth it. The training modes and online community (in exhibition matches) also make it easy to learn the mechanics of the game. All of the characters released so far have pretty distinctive fighting styles. Lastly, it is pretty easy to get in and mash out a few combos but takes a lot of skill to master, so you can expect to find players of all skill levels online (for now at least).

cool_dude

Banned
Quick question: Is there any way to change the audio so that I only get the audio from the snapped app or only get audio from the game I'm playing?

I also want to know this. My solution is to go into the game options and turn off game music and reduce the sound effects. That way I can listen to my snapped Amazon Prime Videos and at least hear some game sound feedback.

So this past weekend, I had a leak in my apartment. Just so happen, that leak was right above my consoles, lol.

So my xbox one and ps4 got drenched.

I was able to get a replacement for my ps4 Saturday morning at the Sony store here in NYC.

As for the xbox one, amazon sent me a replacement unit, which was supposed to be here monday. They used a shipping company called lazership. It's been 2 days and it still wasn't here so I called them (this was the 3rd time I called btw) and they told me the replacement unit was apparently delivered 30 min ago. I don't know how that's possible cause I'm in an apartment building and you would HAVE to contact me in order to deliver.

So they ended up delivering somewhere else...which still blows my mind. They redirected me to amazon, and I just told them to give me a refund. So in 2-3 days, I'll have my money back.

I enjoyed my time with the xbox one but now that I've played with it, I'm in no rush to go get a new one. Will wait till February/March to do so.

Christmas is near so I could use the extra money anyways.

How did you convince them to give you replacement console because your apartment leaked?

Scooby

Is AC4 worth buying new? Was gonna trade in GTA V and BF3 towards it and just pay the rest off but idk. I could just buy it used at gamestop beat it within the 7 days, return it and get my money back. Help me

R3TRODYCE

Is AC4 worth buying new? Was gonna trade in GTA V and BF3 towards it and just pay the rest off but idk. I could just buy it used at gamestop beat it within the 7 days, return it and get my money back. Help me
I've been playing it on my ps4 and it has surpassed my expectations in a big way, I definitely recommend it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
My girlfriend and I decided to just keep the second XB1 we had instead of selling it and put it in the bedroom. So since I've purchased everything digitally I can set the bedroom console as my home console and log in with my XBox Live account in the living room and we can both play the games I purchased correct? Although I would assume not the same game.

golem

If you've enjoyed the previous AC's… probably worth it. If you haven't, like me, then definitely not.

Redshirt

Banned
My girlfriend and I decided to just keep the second XB1 we had instead of selling it and put it in the bedroom. So since I've purchased everything digitally I can set the bedroom console as my home console and log in with my XBox Live account in the living room and we can both play the games I purchased correct? Although I would assume not the same game.

Yes, you can both play the games, and you can actually play the same game at the same time, online too.

Hawk269

I took the plunge today and bought an XB1. We got a few in at my local Target and couldn't resist. I got Forza and DR3 and will download killer instinct as well.

Forza is simply fantastic. Yes, there is a lack of tracks, but the racing is just really good. The Drivatar AI has gotten a lot better since launch and I am finding it more challenging to race to the finish and earn gold.

Visually, it is pretty incredible. Still some jaggies, but overall it is pretty impressive. I have jus finished some races on Laguna Seca, a track that I have been racing in almost every game and the presentation of this track in Forza 5 is really great.

If you want to add me, feel free as the more people that play Forza, the more variety in Drivatar AI you and I will have in our games.

GT: Hawk269

Hawk269

Yes, you can both play the games, and you can actually play the same game at the same time, online too.

Wait what? Me and my fiancée are thinking of getting a second Xbox One as well for our bedroom. She loves the Kinect and how much easier it is to watch TV and switch to games etc. So all the Digital games we download, we can re-download on the second Xbox One, download my Xbox Live profile on the second system and be able to play on Live at the same time, same games and everything?

Is that accurate? How many times can you do this?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Really? That would be awesome if true. Co-Op DR3 would be sweet.

Top Bottom