• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Powerstar Golf is awesome! I play it more than Ryse (which I've beaten on Centurion) and Battlefield 4 (which I've not but had relatively few issues with online).

Each golfer has a special ability and it's a lot of fun to toy with them all. The career has a good progression too.

I wish they'd add online multiplayer to this game. It's the main thing stopping me from getting it. Does the game feel lonely?

Peggle 2:

Anyone getting audio clipping during the PopCap splash screen? Audio is fine after that, it's just that first loading screen (with the choir going "aahhhhHHHHH") that sounds crackly.

Any reports of people getting banned for changing their regions to buy games for cheaper? I have been considering it but not sure if I should chance it.

Peggle 2:

Anyone getting audio clipping during the PopCap splash screen? Audio is fine after that, it's just that first loading screen (with the choir going "aahhhhHHHHH") that sounds crackly.

No, but it has crashed on me a few times unfortunately. The only other game have had problems like that with is BF4 and we all know how big of a mess that game is.

Any reports of people getting banned for changing their regions to buy games for cheaper? I have been considering it but not sure if I should chance it.

Heh, on first glance I read that as "people getting banned for changing their religions". Not sure how that would let you buy games for cheaper though. :p

see5harp

Peggle 2:

Yea, it sounds like it's stuttering or something. Noticed it the first time I played.

oVerde

Banned
Does anyone here bought CronusMax to use their old controllers?

I would like to try but, quite expensive to bring here to Brazil with many doubts on cons and how it work.

see5harp

So my Kinect seems to have died last night. I literally watched a few hours of Netflix and when I was about to go to sleep couldn't get the system to shut down with the voice command. I noticed the light of the Kinect was off. There's no way for me to tell whether it's the port on the box or the Kinect itself.

Does anyone know if I need to formally register my XBOX One with the serial number on xbox.com before they'll do an RMA for the Kinect.?

sangreal

So my Kinect seems to have died last night. I literally watched a few hours of Netflix and when I was about to go to sleep couldn't get the system to shut down with the voice command. I noticed the light of the Kinect was off. There's no way for me to tell whether it's the port on the box or the Kinect itself.

Does anyone know if I need to formally register my XBOX One with the serial number on xbox.com before they'll do an RMA for the Kinect.?

I don't think so, just call them. Are you getting the notification on the home screen that Kinect is unplugged?

MajorPain

Peggle 2:

I think there some kind of syncing going on when it first try's to load that can be causing that. I hear it to when I first load the game.

Powerstar Golf is awesome! I play it more than Ryse (which I've beaten on Centurion) and Battlefield 4 (which I've not but had relatively few issues with online).

Each golfer has a special ability and it's a lot of fun to toy with them all. The career has a good progression too.

Seriously, it's a fantastic arcade golf game. I am THE WORST at putting, but it's so satisfying when you get a lucky chip-in or a big shot. The progression makes it addictive, too.

Peggle 2:

Yep, I have this too. Thought it was my TV going at first.

see5harp

I don't think so, just call them. Are you getting the notification on the home screen that Kinect is unplugged?

Yup. When I go to settings and try and turn kinect on, it just says that I need to plug it in. No amount of unplugging and re: plugging and rebooting seems to work.

malfcn

Strange.
Went to play AC4.

"Installation is almost complete"
I installed this a week ago and have already played it.

*Presses play again*
"If you own the game please insert the disc."

The game is inside.
Let's try eject and play.

Weird, it wanted to "Finish" the installation again. Because of the system patch?

GavinGT

Banned
Strange.
Went to play AC4.

*Presses play again*

The game is inside.

Weird, it wanted to "Finish" the installation again. Because of the system patch?

Possibly a game patch?

I had a similar issue when kinect seemed to crash while playing the xbox fitness app. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reboot (remove power for 30 seconds and restart the console) and recalibrating the kinect sensor in the settings menu. Try that before sending it in for repair/replacement.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Strange.
Went to play AC4.

*Presses play again*

The game is inside.

Possibly a game patch?

Had the same thing. Supposed to be a patch, haven't come across any patch notes yet though.

wT22cRo.jpg

Possible screenshot from sunset overdrive on Monday. Didnt see it posted

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

I wanted more than a screen, but it'll do for now.

Faith

Should be installing the Day 1 patch, then it will start installing the game.
You're right. 6GB, holy shit!

But why I cant see what's downloading? I miss the old Xbox 360 menu when you press the xbox button. Everything was there, friends, messages etc.

Nintyb

Banned
I wish they'd add online multiplayer to this game. It's the main thing stopping me from getting it. Does the game feel lonely?

While online multiplayer would be awesome for having a few beers and trash talking over mic, I like the Rivals mode which is similar to Forza with the Drivatars.

Strangely enough, this is my favorite launch game. There is a DLC tab on the menu so I'm sure more courses and players are on the way.

oVerde

Banned
I'm hoping to Sunset Overdrive to be anything but generic.

I know the visuals already softens this, but it's down to game play the turning point.

Somehow VGX's featurets expectations left a bad taste in my mouth.

VanWinkle

Yep. Still need to play Nexus, but ToD was great and ACiT was simply incredible.

This game is going to blow minds.

They have disappointed me A LOT lately, but hopefully this game will be great. I love the art direction in the CG trailer and hope it translates well to their game engine.

Marvel

could never
I hope that "Headshot" text above the stump makes it in-game.

Also my Xbox One will arrive tomorrow. Awww yiss.

abracadaver

Does the X1 not feature custom soundtracks ?

I just installed xbox music (you can listen to full songs on the X1. On 360 you needed an extra music pass) and the music just stops when I open internet explorer. If you cant do anything else while listening to music its kinda useless.

Faith

So many features from the Xbox 360 are missing.

And I really don't like it that everything needs a fullscreen app like in Windows 8.

Bsigg12

Does the X1 not feature custom soundtracks ?

I just installed xbox music (you can listen to full songs on the X1. On 360 you needed an extra music pass) and the music just stops when I open internet explorer. If you cant do anything else while listening to music its kinda useless.

It has to be snapped, sadly. Also, you only get 30 free songs.

abracadaver

It has to be snapped, sadly. Also, you only get 30 free songs.

Goddamn. Why did they fuck up even the simplest things :-(

Would have switched from spotify to xbox music if I could have used it as custom soundtracks. And I hate snapping I want to play in fullscreen ffs

Bsigg12

Goddamn. Why did they fuck up even the simplest things :-(

Would have switched from spotify to xbox music if I could have used it as custom soundtracks. And I hate snapping I want to play in fullscreen ffs

I'm praying for a Spotify app since all my playlists are there.

I have to say that I've been very unimpressed by my PS4's exclusive's, and I can't wait to get my hands on the Xbone exclusives when I get my system Friday. As usual, Microsoft comes through with the goods (Ryse, Forza, DR3, Powerstar) . . .

Cheers. i thought the issues were only in multiplayer. I get the "you cannot connect to EA Battlefield servers" message every time i start the game to. I guess that's normal.

To be honest, it really isnt a very good game from what i have played so far.

I've heard that :(. I hope they patch it soon, they said they aren't working on anything else until they fix it.

Top Bottom