• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

NBA 2K14 has been unplayable for days. Quick games work fine, but MyGM and MyCareer attempts just get booted back to the main screen. Disappointing.

Caayn

207d4618-ce39-42c6-b4ae-c95da104caa9.JPG

I miss it so much!
I know we can still see it, yet I kinda miss being able to see megabytes.

The new dash is faster that's for sure but it lacks too much info and options that the old 360 had.

Edit:
Does anyone know what happened to this screen?

Chitown B

Website is not working for me. Just loading forever?

yeah the site is buggy. Sometimes it takes awhile.

I know we can still see it, yet I kinda miss being able to see megabytes.

The new dash is faster that's for sure but it lacks too much info and options that the old 360 had.

Edit:
Does anyone know what happened to this screen?

I think that screen was just an early iteration of the current percentages

ParityBit

So I was wondering what I should do.

I have 2 HDMI hookups for my TV.

One is the Xbox one and the other is Cable.

I have a PS4 coming.

Should I put the cable though my Xbox (Comcast)?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So i downloaded the demo for NBA Live and I would like it to go away from my console now. What ritual must I perform to make this happen?

I'm a big fan of the vision that Microsoft has for this gen but man I find this console frustrating to use.

Grisby

So i downloaded the demo for NBA Live and I would like it to go away from my console now. What ritual must I perform to make this happen?

I'm a big fan of the vision that Microsoft has for this gen but man I find this console frustrating to use.
Should be able to just hit the menu button over it and uninstall.

I wish they'd add online multiplayer to this game. It's the main thing stopping me from getting it. Does the game feel lonely?

You may have already done it but if you press Y on the front menu or so of Powerstar Golf you get another menu thing appear with stuff like Community etc. If you want to give feedback on the game theres one that links to IE on Xbox One and you can sign up to receive emails from them with regards to feedback.

I got my confirmation email today, sorry its not more specific I can't really remember what the second menu looks like but worth considering if you want to let them know your thoughts!

Hyunickel

Neo Member
Anyone that sent in a faulty console, did you have to do anything to the system (delete profile ect.)

I got my replacement and sent the old one back. I asked them if I needed to reset the console back to factory settings, they said they'll handle it all. So I wouldn't worry about having to do anything to the system. Just put it in the box and ship it the same way you got your replacement.

Hawk269

How's the Xbox One version of Skylanders Swap Force?

Very good. 1080p/30fps, same as the PS4 version. If you are getting the game, Xbox One or PS4 versions are the ones to get. I had it on the 360 and it was nice, but it is a lot nicer on the Xbox One.

DirtyLarry

Sorry if it has already been addressed, at a two day work meeting so do not have a ton of time to read all posts, but I do not see any mention of it in the recent posts so here it goes...

Did the latest update totally break TV for anyone else?
Like my One does not see my cable box at all anymore. I unplugged everything and set it all back up and... Nothing.
It is like the Watch TV no longer works.
Hooked my cable box up without the One, works instantly.
So for now, no more Watch TV on my One.
Also when I try to choose it through settings, I only get a time out message about not finding an active box (totally just paraphrasing there, not at home).

So anyone see or read about a similar circumstance for others? What do I do to reset that all and start over?

Honestly I may just stick to the old regular way to do things and not hook up my cable box through the one. My wife was not a fan at all, but I would like to know how to set it back up if I chose to do so.

TIA, DL

Hawk269

Sorry if it has already been addressed, at a two day work meeting so do not have a ton of time to read all posts, but I do not see any mention of it in the recent posts so here it goes...

Did the latest update totally break TV for anyone else?
Like my One does not see my cable box at all anymore. I unplugged everything and set it all back up and... Nothing.
It is like the Watch TV no longer works.
Hooked my cable box up without the One, works instantly.
So for now, no more Watch TV on my One.
Also when I try to choose it through settings, I only get a time out message about not finding an active box (totally just paraphrasing there, not at home).

So anyone see or read about a similar circumstance for others? What do I do to reset that all and start over?

Honestly I may just stick to the old regular way to do things and not hook up my cable box through the one. My wife was not a fan at all, but I would like to know how to set it back up if I chose to do so.

TIA, DL

Mine is working fine. What you describe is what happened to my system twice before the update. Holding down the Power Button for about 7-8 seconds and then rebooting (cold boot) fixed that issue for me.

Since the update, have not had it happen at all yet...and hope that the fixes they implemented does not force me to do a complete power down every 4 or so days.

Majanew

Banned
I'm beginning to hate this damn console.

Almost every time I switch my receiver to the Xbox One input, the audio is either not there or, is crackling badly. Switching to another input and then back to Xbox One clears it up but it's so damn annoying.

Plus, the Xbox keeps changing my fucking audio selection every now and then. I don't want 7.1 PCM goddammit, quit switching it from what I chose.

I should NOT have to keep fixing this shit almost every damn time I want to play on Xbox. Fix your fucking shit, MS.

ElRenoRaven

So I do have to eat some crow. I caved and decided that screw it I'd buy one before drop or kinectless. Got one from that last Amazon batch. I have to say after playing with it tonight I do like kinect for the tv controls. It's not great with understanding stuff console related but everything I throw at it tv wise works well. I think I will probably keep it hooked up for those functions

Heysoos

If anyone is looking for an Xbox One, Best Buys are getting a HUGE shipment. My district alone is seeing around 1,600+.

In comparison to last weeks shipment which we had slightly under 1100.

This seems to be the last big Christmas push. Though I'm hearing that there might be another big one the weekend before Christmas.

rokkerkory

If anyone is looking for an Xbox One, Best Buys are getting a HUGE shipment. My district alone is seeing around 1,600+.

In comparison to last weeks shipment which we had slightly under 1100.

This seems to be the last big Christmas push. Though I'm hearing that there might be another big one the weekend before Christmas.

Man... they are surely running those factories 24/7

Chitown B

So I was wondering what I should do.

I have 2 HDMI hookups for my TV.

One is the Xbox one and the other is Cable.

I have a PS4 coming.

Should I put the cable though my Xbox (Comcast)?

I would. If you don't like the voice controls you can still use the remote same as usual.

Pug

Nor sure is anyone can help but I think I have a problem with the rumble feature. I have Forza and I'm getting no rumble at all through the pad, luckily I bought a 2nd pad and I get no rumble through that either. I have checked the settings on the HUD and rumble is ticked. Is there on option for rumble on/off on the actual console settings? IF not anyone get any idea what the issue may be?

derFeef

Nor sure is anyone can help but I think I have a problem with the rumble feature. I have Forza and I'm getting no rumble at all through the pad, luckily I bought a 2nd pad and I get no rumble through that either. I have checked the settings on the HUD and rumble is ticked. Is there on option for rumble on/off on the actual console settings? IF not anyone get any idea what the issue may be?

Did you try other batteries? I think it automatically turns off if the batteries are low.

monome

Got a X1 yesterday.

still unpacked and I have a new fiber connection installed in my flat this morning so first contact will wait until tonight at best, tomorrow more probably.

any pro-tips about the first time install?

My Surface is ready!

Top Bottom