• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Got a X1 yesterday.

still unpacked and I have a new fiber connection installed in my flat this morning so first contact will wait until tonight at best, tomorrow more probably.

any pro-tips about the first time install?

My Surface is ready!

It will sit on the green xbox logo screen for quite some time with no indication anything is happening, let if finish, don't power it off or attempt to restart!

Marvel

could never
My console will arrive this morning...

ihb8cLG50Jjv7_zpsf2756b1a.gif

IRQ

Banned
Got a X1 yesterday.

still unpacked and I have a new fiber connection installed in my flat this morning so first contact will wait until tonight at best, tomorrow more probably.

any pro-tips about the first time install?

My Surface is ready!

Congrats :)

Just plug it and the rest will take care of it self. You are gonna have to choose the country and set up the wireless connection if you are gonna go wifi.

It took me max 10 minutes and everything was sett :)

monome

thanks for the replies.

so, "arm yourself with patience Young One" basically.

once setup, has any non american X1 user tried to buy a digital game on the US store?

can I pay with paypal? my MS account is already setup with paypal for Windows Phone/RT purchases but I never used it on 360 thanks to discounted MS space points cards on ebay.

I need it for games like COD that don't have the english dub in the french retail discs...

Congrats :)

Just plug it and the rest will take care of it self. You are gonna have to choose the country and set up the wireless connection if you are gonna go wifi.

It took me max 10 minutes and everything was sett :)

that's always my trouble. although french, every device I own is in english and I play exlusively with english/japanese dubs. so some gams require importing or buying on US/UK digital stores. I simply want to know if I set up the console as american I can get to pay for stuff online with paypal rather than be charged extras by my bank for foreign currency purchases.

I think both digital games and DLCs are zone free. I have few reasons to buy on the french digital store for as long as EUR/USD remains >1

IRQ

Banned
thanks for the replies.

once setup, has any non american X1 user tried to buy a digital game on the US store?

can I pay with paypal? my MS account is already setup with paypal for Windows Phone/RT purchases but I never used it on 360 thanks to discounted MS space points cards on ebay.

I need it for games like COD that don't have the english dub in the french retail discs...

Yes I did. No problem there.

And yes, you can choose the method you want to pay with. CC or paypal :)

derFeef

thanks for the replies.

You can pay with paypal on US account if you are not from US - but you need a credit card attached to your paypal account - you can't pay with deposit - which blows.

monome

ike I can redeem my yet to be transformed into money space points and complete the payment with paypal?

Crismon Dragon, COD and KI will be my first purchases.
Ryse is multi lingual and I can borrow a friend's copy.

getting excited...

You can pay with paypal on US account if you are not from US - but you need a credit card attached to your paypal account - you can't pay with deposit - which blows.

I think, but might be wrong, that paypal charges my CC account with a direct EUR charge, after paypal applied their own exchnage rate. so I should be freed of extra charges. not that 1€ matters much on a 60$ digital purchase but that's a matter of principle.

RulkezX

Are you sure ? Because on my xbox the only payment method available is *add a card*

I can't even find the add a PayPal account option on the website anymore.

monome

Are you sure ? Because on my xbox the only payment method available is *add a card*

I've linked my paypal account to my MS account.

for RT/phone purchases it's automatic for the system to proceed with paypal.

IRQ

Banned

Yes am sure :)

I have both CC and paypal associated with my MS account :)

had the same on xbox 360 :)

I got my replacement and sent the old one back. I asked them if I needed to reset the console back to factory settings, they said they'll handle it all. So I wouldn't worry about having to do anything to the system. Just put it in the box and ship it the same way you got your replacement.
nope, didnt do a thing with mine, just pack it and send it

thanks, gonna send this crap out.

Lima

Are people not worried about buying from the US store at cheaper prices and then getting banned?

So far over all these years we have no evidence that it is something that would happen.

As long as Microsoft gets the money they don't really care. If you change your region to try and cheat them to get some free games that are not meant for you, that is when they get pissed.

ekim

Just got the Firmware update. Hooray, there is now a demo section in the store.
I'm also downloading a 900MB patch for ACIV. Is there any changelog?

Phreaker

I got my replacement One two days ago and I am extremely happy to report no more controller disconnects! I can see how this wasn't caught by QA, it only happened about once an hour and would immediately reconnect. This would bring up the game's dial box to reconnect the controller and press A. I never had to reconnect it, I just had to press A to continue, however if you are going 120mph in Forza in an online race, it's over. :)

If your controller is disconnect several times a play session while only a few feet from the One, no matter the game or controller it's a hardware problem with your unit. It was super easy to log on to their website, register my One and request a replacement unit. Now I just have to ship my old one back to them (in the box they provided).

oVerde

Banned
Man.. Is there any chance on a Indie party game using the eight controller support to arise in near future, I miss them. Miss them a lot.

Agent713

Well guys I got my X1 at launch and now I'm sending it back in a coffin back to Microsoft. The system keeps shutting down on me and never get to the main screen without shutting down. I tried troubleshooting to see if it was the power supply. I tried another power supply from a friend, but it does the same thing. Now I'm stuck with out my console for awhile. I guess I can play my X360 for the time being.

Chitown B

has anyone had any trouble with Twitch streaming? Seems like mine randomly quits and says the stream has ended when it has NOT. This also stops me from being able to complete the 8 hours straight achievement, since it's constantly booting me out for no reason. My connection is solid, and the streams don't seem to have any issues, so I don't know what the problem is.

Caayn

Does anyone know how long it normally takes the german Microsoftstore to ship an order? I've bought a second Xbox One Day one edition there for a buddy of mine. They've placed a €500 reservation on my Credit Card directly after I placed the order but it still hasn't shipped. And that was 14 days ago :(

I can't contact them at all except via phone, which is gonna be very expensive to do from The Netherlands. Why can't they simply support chat, e-mail or even social media like every other webshop?

Dimorphic

So I am in Australia, if I set my console to US and buy a game from the US store (which will save me near on $40 AUD) will I be able to play it/keep the game?

207d4618-ce39-42c6-b4ae-c95da104caa9.JPG

I miss it so much!

A lot of people are saying they need to bring the guide back in this form-- no they don't. They just need to ensure that the "Xbox Home" page has all of these options as readily accessible.

Basically, Xbox Home should have been the blades exploded across the home page.

Caayn

So I am in Australia, if I set my console to US and buy a game from the US store (which will save me near on $40 AUD) will I be able to play it/keep the game?
Yes. You can freely switch between regions and buy whatever you want. Once you return to your own region the games stay on your account and you're free to re-download them whenever you want without switching back to the US.

In fact I'm thinking of staying forever on the US marketplace everything is so cheap compared to the European marketplaces. For example:
Ryse: Son of Rome:
US: $59.99
UK: $82.05 (£49.99)
Germany: $95.09 (€69.99)

Assassin's Creed IV:
US: $59.99
UK: $90.20 (£54.99)
Germany: $95.09 (€69.99)

Top Bottom