• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

has anyone had any trouble with Twitch streaming? Seems like mine randomly quits and says the stream has ended when it has NOT. This also stops me from being able to complete the 8 hours straight achievement, since it's constantly booting me out for no reason. My connection is solid, and the streams don't seem to have any issues, so I don't know what the problem is.

The only problem I have with that achievement is that someone usually ends their stream before the 8 hours :(. I need to wait for some League of Legends tourney or something.

Dimorphic

Yes. You can freely switch between regions and buy whatever you want. Once you return to your own region the games stay on your account and you're free to re-download them whenever you want without switching back to the US.

In fact I'm thinking of staying forever on the US marketplace everything is so cheap compared to the European marketplaces. For example:
Ryse: Son of Rome:
US: $59.99
UK: $82.05 (£49.99)
Germany: $95.09 (€69.99)

Assassin's Creed IV:
UK: $90.20 (£54.99)

Thanks mate.

Don't get me wrong as a consumer I'm stoked that works but it seems so backwards from a MS standpoint.

Univision Deportes app is available by the way in case anyone didn't know. It has 3 challenges as well. One expires at the end of the month, the rest have a long time left on them.

Shame you can't download them via the website, only games. They really need to hurry up and overhaul xbox.com to add Xbox One functionality besides a barebones Xbox One game marketplace.

Chitown B

The only problem I have with that achievement is that someone usually ends their stream before the 8 hours :(. I need to wait for some League of Legends tourney or something.

there was some girl marathoning Dark Souls and she must have quit at like 7 hours :( But usually the streams randomly kick me out as if they're over - then I open them back up and they're still running.

I don't know how anyone is going to get the 100K viewers one. Most I've seen on there is like 20K.

there was some girl marathoning Dark Souls and she must have quit at like 7 hours :( But usually the streams randomly kick me out as if they're over - then I open them back up and they're still running.

I don't know how anyone is going to get the 100K viewers one. Most I've seen on there is like 20K.

The big League of Legends tournaments usually get around 100K, I think that is really your (our) only shot at that achievement.

Chitown B

Found out I could start queuing up demos I want to download then it'll download and install them while it's on standby as well.

Dat next-gen feels.

360 did that too. You can set it to download after you turned off the system.

What they need it auto-on and download/install after buying on the web.

Changes coming to Forza per Major Nelson. Not my game really but thought I'd share.

Yeah saw that yesterday. Step in the right direction.

TRios Zen

Anyone know anything about servers in COD: Ghosts?

I understand dedicated servers don't solve ALL lag issues, but I was hoping the most egregious of lag problems would be addressed. Appears to not be the case in my few MP matches.

Anyone know anything about servers in COD: Ghosts?

I understand dedicated servers don't solve ALL lag issues, but I was hoping the most egregious of lag problems would be addressed. Appears to not be the case in my few MP matches.

Doesnt COD use their own servers, not microsofts?

Ambient80

So just a bit ago I ejected a disc from the XBO and tried to insert Forza. The drive wouldn't "grab" the disc, for lack of a better term, and it would not load into the drive. I completely powered down the machine and turned it back on, at which point the disc was loaded into the drive perfectly and is working fine. I ejected, took the disc out, and put it back in again 50 times (Hey, I wanted to test it!), and each time it worked fine.

May have been nothing, but also may have been something to keep an eye out for.

Bsigg12

Hmm, TBH, I don't know.

They are either not on, or crap though as I felt like it was 360 type of lag last night.

It's Infinity Ward's servers not Microsoft's. Rather than tapping Azure, they are using whatever server farm or service they wanted to go with to provide servers for each system.

Wotanik

Banned
So, I just read that Netflix on Xbone is only 720p, Microsoft have softblocked it even though Netflix indicates Xbone to be 1080p. Is that true? Can someone check? I live in Scandinavia so we get Xbone in 2015 if we're lucky, so I can't really check it out.

So just a bit ago I ejected a disc from the XBO and tried to insert Forza. The drive wouldn't "grab" the disc, for lack of a better term, and it would not load into the drive. I completely powered down the machine and turned it back on, at which point the disc was loaded into the drive perfectly and is working fine. I ejected, took the disc out, and put it back in again 50 times (Hey, I wanted to test it!), and each time it worked fine.

Almost sounds like it thought it still had a disk inside so it wasnt trying to receive the new one. weird.

Ambient80

Almost sounds like it thought it still had a disk inside so it wasnt trying to receive the new one. weird.

Indeed. I should have added, when I wasn't able to load a disc into the drive, I hit eject and it made the correct sound, indicating there was nothing to eject. Very strange.

Chitown B

So, I just read that Netflix on Xbone is only 720p, Microsoft have softblocked it even though Netflix indicates Xbone to be 1080p. Is that true? Can someone check? I live in Scandinavia so we get Xbone in 2015 if we're lucky, so I can't really check it out.

where are you reading this?

oVerde

Banned
I'd like to meet the person who has 7 friends with X1's, lol :)

I have two people, and I'm the only one with an extra controller.
well, a Ps4 here costs over 2 thousand dollars and a Xbox One less than half of that, so this isn't that rare to have friends with XOne in Brazil.

Str8upevl

Neo Member

I had the same thing happen once but it never happened again. Like you I tried it several times (maybe not 50) and it never repeated.

KamenSenshi

I had this happen last night as well. I didn't power down though, I hit the eject button and then tried the movie, which went in without issue.

Jezehbell

Yes. You can freely switch between regions and buy whatever you want. Once you return to your own region the games stay on your account and you're free to re-download them whenever you want without switching back to the US.

In fact I'm thinking of staying forever on the US marketplace everything is so cheap compared to the European marketplaces. For example:
Ryse: Son of Rome:
UK: $82.05 (£49.99)

Assassin's Creed IV:
UK: $90.20 (£54.99)

Damn, i'm french... The prices are too damn high. If I buy a game with "US" region, will I have the french version ?

Klocker

where are you reading this?

Sounds like fud being spread by misinformed individuals trying to promote that xbox is a 720 box...

There is no reason whatsoever that they would limit your bandwidth to Netflix nor display.

Xbox is more than capable of 1080p. Hell two of my launch games are 1080

People and their fud..

-PXG-

I bitched about Peggle 2 being 12 bucks..... Then I bought it for 12 bucks. Shit.

They need to bring back demos for all XBLA games.

Marvel

could never
Turning on your console by voice is amazing. Works fine for me.

Showed my family and they liked it :D so that's kinda cool.

zakislam

I have two accounts on the console - when I boot the Xbox up, how do I set it so it signs in automatically for one of the accounts?

Had something weird happen when I was shutting down the system via voice last night, after I said "turn off" it popped up with the yes/no like normal. I said "yes" and instead of shutting off another set of options popped up labeled "item 1" and "item 2".

Yep, someone should make a thread. Ps4 , and ps3 for that matter are certified by netflix to allow both super hd, and 3d for netflix. I'm not sure if xbone has 3d videos or not, as i have had sitting in my closet for past 2 weeks, deciding if i want to open or not. The headphones, no dolby digital support was huge to me, but I have read from many sites that on Xbone Netflix is hd, but only at 720p, not the superhd format, which on my ps3 looks just like bluray. I have tweeted both Albert, and Major Nelson, a couple times on this, and they just ignore my tweets. My guess is that they only want 1080p video to come from xbox movies, which is dumb since they already put Netflix behind a paywall.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8731

Netflix Super HD

Netflix now offers Super HD streaming on many devices, including:
Apple TV with 1080p
Google Chromecast
Nintendo Wii U
Roku with 1080p*
Sony PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 4
TiVo Premiere DVR
Windows 8 App
Blu-Ray Players, Smart TV's, Home Theaters, and Streaming Players with existing Netflix 1080p support*
More devices coming soon!
Please note that Super HD requires an Internet connection speed of at least 5Mb/s, and 7Mb/s for our highest available video quality.
*Note: Although some Super HD eligible devices do not currently display the Super HD logo, we continue to provide Super HD video quality for these devices.

Top Bottom