• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

see5harp

I bitched about Peggle 2 being 12 bucks..... Then I bought it for 12 bucks. Shit.

They need to bring back demos for all XBLA games.

I don't know if they can make them mandatory anymore just because there is no distinction between retail and downloadable only games anymore. But I swear some requirements like leaderboards do more good than harm because of developers like popcap and dice since obviously they are too incompetant to do so without the cert requirement.

boom? Look how Xbox One is off the actual SuperHD list and many minors hardware are listed.

"One Finnish gaming forum. They also say that 360 has been downgraded to 720p as well. Apparently Microsoft is trying to boost Zune as the only 1080p service so they have sofblocked Netflix's 1080p to make it a subpar feature."

This is what I was referring too. its not 720p

oVerde

Banned
"One Finnish gaming forum. They also say that 360 has been downgraded to 720p as well. Apparently Microsoft is trying to boost Zune as the only 1080p service so they have sofblocked Netflix's 1080p to make it a subpar feature."

As far as SuperHD is intended it is 1080p, with higher bitrate quality. Didn't understand what you said, sorry.

Xander51

My first console had a screwed up GPU, so I went with the normal return option and got a new one nine days later, which wasn't too bad at all! I'm finally diving into everything right now.

The Xbox One controller might be my favorite controller ever. It's certainly up there.

Hopefully it will be made available later.

So who's starting the thread , I'm a junior, but Ms needs pressure on this. Superhd was never brought to 360, but available on Ps3. Suprehd is not available on Xbone, but is available on Ps4. To me this is a huge feature in determing which console I go with, If you had seen super Hd on ps3, it looks like a blu ray, and is uncompressed super hd sound as well. Since Major Nelson, and Albert ignore tweets, maybe a thread will draw attention to get this fixed.

mmitt

Got mine today, pretty satisfied so far :)

I'm having issues with the iOS SmartGlass App though, it just can't find my console
Working fine on my android phone, but I'd rather use my iPad

Tried reinstalling the app, changing console name, different LAN ports, ... nothing
Anyone else with issues and/or troubleshooting tips? Thanks

it doesn't say what resolution you're receiving on either 360 or X1. However, the actual Netflix site says it's 1080p, so.

Its definately not, unless Super Hd is running at a greater resolution than 1080p, as netflix on my ps3 destroys my 360 in picture quality. Also, atleast last time I was on Ps3, it would tell you movie was in super hd, rather than hd.

Chitown B

Its definately not, unless Super Hd is running at a greater resolution than 1080p, as netflix on my ps3 destroys my 360 in picture quality. Also, atleast last time I was on Ps3, it would tell you movie was in super hd, rather than hd.

PS3 tells you Very High. 360 does not have any sort of indicator.

I thought we were mostly talking about X1 here?

Wotanik

Banned
PS3 tells you Very High. 360 does not have any sort of indicator.

I thought we were mostly talking about X1 here?

Both, as the rumor says that MS has been downgrading 360's Netflix slowly in the background to boost up Zune's 1080p service. And it seems that it's the exact same service for Xbone.

I'm really tired of the Kinect signing me in bullshit. It's annoying because I'm pretty much the only person who's going to be logging in on this console.

It's annoying that I have to let it see my face or I won't be logged in. My Kinect has to be a little lower because of my setup, and if I have a blanket over my feet sometimes it can't see me well enough.

Just let me set my console to auto login every time. I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

Also, for some dumb reason Ghosts sometimes asks me to sign in again when I go to load my save, and I suspect this is once again because the camera can't see me perfectly.

SegaShack

I'm really tired of the Kinect signing me in bullshit. It's annoying because I'm pretty much the only person who's going to be logging in on this console.

It's annoying that I have to let it see my face or I won't be logged in. My Kinect has to be a little lower because of my setup, and if I have a blanket over my feet sometimes it can't see me well enough.

Just let me set my console to auto login every time. I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

Also, for some dumb reason Ghosts sometimes asks me to sign in again when I go to load my save, and I suspect this is once again because the camera can't see me perfectly.

When you set up the system it asks if you want to use Kinect to sign you in. I assume there is also a setting on the system for this.

rjcc

which makes no sense because Vudu exists and is still 1080p. More likely: Someone's ISP is overloaded on particular devices.. like the 360, but not the XB1 which most people don't have. I have probably eight devices in my living room to watch Netflix on, and I'll often get different resolution / bitrate on each one, practically at the same time.

When it doesn't identify you, do you notify the console of this? That happened to me at first but now that I've scanned my face in a few more times I end up logged in before my TV is even turned on.

Klocker

It happened to me for a while at first and I kept hitting the button that says "Kinect didn't recognize me".

It seemed to learn how I look in my different phases (with/wo glasses, bed head, etc... and I also had it low and sat reclined) that seemed to solve it for 99% od the time

I have since moved Kinect to top of tv and almost never issues

Timu

Man I hate Kinect...

It's having a hard time seeing my hands. And taking screenshots of Kinect only games like Kinect Sports Rivals is going to be a bitch to do.:/

It happened to me for a while at first and I kept hitting the button that says "Kinect didn't recognize me".

It seemed to learn how I look in my different phases (with/wo glasses, bed head, etc... and I also had it low and sat reclined) that seemed to solve it for 99% od the time

They've chosen to make us sign in with this camera. They created this problem for me. It should be able to auto sign me in every time.

Unity2012

I did the same thing, it works much better now. Before it would get blocked between the coffee table (which we moved on the side), and whoever was playing.

They've chosen to make us sign in with this camera. They created this problem for me. It should be able to auto sign me in every time.

There are 3 different gamertags in our home; so in this case, is pretty convenient that kinect recognizes each person.

Timu

Thanks to this crap here:
ixWzVpw1Z6f3s.png

This is the best I can do.D=
izNPCgv6Piync.png

ib2ccQzWQlefce.png

ibyhRqNTryFWK7.png

ibenMUJ4yYJ958.png

ibliLGkQISV8ev.png

Isn't the Xbox One supposed to record the last 5 minutes of gameplay? Every time I record something it always ends up being about 25 seconds and a lot of the time I end up missing the part that I really wanted.

What happened to the whole: Your games are always updated waiting for you? I went to play BF4, said the game needed to update and just then started downloading it. It's already in 99% so it's not a huge deal, but it shouldn't even happen!

Isn't the Xbox One supposed to record the last 5 minutes of gameplay? Every time I record something it always ends up being about 25 seconds and a lot of the time I end up missing the part that I really wanted.

I think you can set it to record longer, by default its about 30 seconds though.

Bsigg12

What happened to the whole: Your games are always updated waiting for you? I went to play BF4, said the game needed to update and just then started downloading it. It's already in 99% so it's not a huge deal, but it shouldn't even happen!

That update just went up not too long ago. I've had Call of Duty update a few times when my system was in standby. I expect BF4 to be updated when I get home in a couple hours.

sangreal

"xbox record that" is only 30 seconds. you have to open game dvr and hit end clip to record last 5 minutes

"Xbox, record that" records the last 30 seconds. If you go "Xbox, snap game DVR" and "end clip now" you can choose last 30/45 seconds, 1/3/5 minutes as its been continually recording

I think you can set it to record longer, by default its about 30 seconds though.

"xbox record that" is only 30 seconds. you have to open game dvr and hit end clip to record last 5 minutes

"Xbox, record that" records the last 30 seconds. If you go "Xbox, snap game DVR" and "end clip now" you can choose last 30/45 seconds, 1/3/5 minutes as its been continually recording

Thanks for the info.

Klocker

yea I get that, was trying to offer a solution. :)

just read yesterday that MS joined a consortium of companies whose goal will be to rid the world of passwords for security assumedly using biometrics.

so Kinect type sign ins seems like the direction we are going for security

ChuckNyce

Sorry if this has been asked already, but has anyone had issues where their X1 appears to crash whilst waking up from suspend mode? I primarily wake it up using the "Xbox On" voice command and will sometimes see the white Xbox logo briefly flash white on the front, then go off. I then have to turn the console on manually by physically touching the logo on the console (controller just blinks when I press the home button to turn on) at which point it does a cold boot (green Xbox logo screen and what not). It's happened twice in the same amount of days so far and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if it's some sort of defect....

Nintyb

Banned
Has anyone had issues getting NFS Rivals to start? I just get the splash screen and then crash to dashboard. Brings me back to the PC days trying to get a game to work. Sigh.

Fuck. I can't even eject the disc.

Ambient80

has anyone had any trouble with Twitch streaming? Seems like mine randomly quits and says the stream has ended when it has NOT. This also stops me from being able to complete the 8 hours straight achievement, since it's constantly booting me out for no reason. My connection is solid, and the streams don't seem to have any issues, so I don't know what the problem is.

I have the same issue, and unfortunately I have found no way to fix it.

Top Bottom