• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Moonlight

Banned
I'm asking for a friend's sake, but he's running into a lot of issues with Dead Rising 3 crashing to dashboard on him repeatedly and I've been trying to help. I've been led to believe this can be solved by hard rebooting, which has been tried. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

border

Are there any good deals on Xbox One controllers? I am definitely going to need a second one for Killer Instinct. I think that game is only going to be fun in local multiplayer, since I get smoked pretty hard by even low-level online players.

The only deal I can find so far is a used XB1 controller at Gamestop for $54.99. Bleh.

Are there any good deals on Xbox One controllers? I am definitely going to need a second one for Killer Instinct. I think that game is only going to be fun in local multiplayer, since I get smoked pretty hard by even low-level online players.

The only deal I can find so far is a used XB1 controller at Gamestop for $54.99. Bleh.
Practice. You will smoke low level players in no time.

border

Practice. You will smoke low level players in no time.

Maybe I've just had a bad run of opponents or something. But even being able to reliably pull off combo breakers seems to require memorization of at least 6 different animations for every character. Maybe I could do that, but it's way more time and effort than I want to put in to the game.

Noogy

Not sure if it's still going on, but Toys R Us was doing a buy one get a second item for 40% off, which includes accessories.

frontieruk

Not had any issues with gestures once I worked out that
A) raising your hand was how you got kinects attention
B) closing your hand "grips" the screen to scroll
Sat about 6ft away

border

Not sure if it's still going on, but Toys R Us was doing a buy one get a second item for 40% off, which includes accessories.

Thanks for the heads up, though I'm not sure if I can find another $60 game or accessory to pair this up with. I'm not spending $60 on something that is going to have a price drop in a few months, so it would have to be something that will still be $60 a year from now (a PS4 accessory or Nintendo game). Maybe the PS4 Camera.

Hammer24

Banned
Damn, i'm french... The prices are too damn high. If I buy a game with "US" region, will I have the french version ?

Mostly the games are Multilanguage. Some, like AC4, will let you manually choose what language you want in the options menue. But I must say, after a couple days it always reverts back to the language set in your region settings.

Okay, so I've rearanged my entire living room to accommodate this thing and I'm still roughly 5.5-5.75 feet away from my kinect, and the hand motions still only seem to work when they want to =\

You guys think my kinect is busted? Or is my living room just too small for the thing?

Try Xbox Fitness. My wife uses this about 5 feet away from the camera, and it picks her up perfectly. So if it doesn´t really work for you there, I´d assume your´s is busted.

sangreal

I'm asking for a friend's sake, but he's running into a lot of issues with Dead Rising 3 crashing to dashboard on him repeatedly and I've been trying to help. I've been led to believe this can be solved by hard rebooting, which has been tried. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Try reinstalling? I've never had dr3 crash

cheezcake

New internet! =D

3164865017.png

I think I'll be going digital this gen now, cant stand disc swapping

statham

Target has a 20% off coupon, I'm going to link the slickdeals thread as some are having issues of it printing with windows 8.1
http://slickdeals.net/f/6537170-ps4-and-xbox-one-controller-45-60-ac-5-target-red-card-b-m-only

Caayn

Even with these prices? I would only go digital if the market would be open. Key sites and key selling on Ebay.
Just switch to the US marketplace. You'll save +/- 33% compared to other marketplaces.

Thanks guys now I think that my internet is slow :(
3164948632.png

Surprisingly when I do this test on the Xbox One it gets almost similar results.

Faith

Just switch to the US marketplace. You'll save +/- 33% compared to other marketplaces.
Is it possible to use MS points from Switzerland? Because they are worth 67 CHF (75$) and you can buy them for 43 CHF (48$).

So I could buy digital games for 45$.

cheezcake

Thanks guys now I think that my internet is slow :(
3164948632.png

Surprisingly when I do this test on the Xbox One it gets almost similar results.

It's ok dude, we're all still nothing compared to Sweden...

3144333917.png

Caayn

Is it possible to use MS points from Switzerland? Because they are worth 67 CHF (75$) and you can buy them for 43 CHF (48$).

So I could buy digital games for 45$.
Don't know. I'm using my credit card to buy stuff in the US marketplace. Just enter a fake billing address and you're ready go.
It's ok dude, we're all still nothing compared to Sweden...

3144333917.png
Holy mother of ISPs. 500/500Mbit is the max I can get :(

VaizardNL

Banned
Currently have this on cable. No fibre here yet, so uploads will never be that high. Especially not as that Swedish ISP.

3164909292.png

The fact that MS now also does replacements in our (Tier 2?) country is making it more difficult to resist buying an Xbox One from Germany/France. I always prefer to buy stuff directly in NL though, so I hope they hurry =)

Caayn

The fact that MS now also does replacements in our (Tier 2?) country is making it more difficult to resist buying an Xbox One from Germany/France. I always prefer to buy stuff directly in NL though, so I hope they hurry =)
Microsoft really did their best to make the Xbox One as import friendly as it can be, and it shows.

Dimorphic

Even with being able to change my marketplace settings from Australia to US I still don't think I'm going to go all digital. One reason is I don't trust Microsoft not to just lock out my US purchases down the line but the other is I still feel like I can find games cheaper than $60USD during sales, etc from retailers.

Mostly though I'm worried MS will lock down region based purchasing.

Omiee

because of my connection i decided to go all digital for ps4 and xbox one and i dont regret it at all. i love being able to switch between games without having to worry about changing discs.

Faith

The question is: what is enough? I could choose 150 or 200Mbits, but for what? Are there any server that would give me such a bandwidth? Maybe a few. So I chose the cheaper connection and I think it's fine exept from the upload speed.

P.s. Sorry for starting the speedtest war ^^

Got a Networking issue I need help with.

My Xbox One is fine and dandy and the Nat is open. Prior to my Xbox One, my Xbox 360 also had Open nat. For some reason, today I turned on the Xbox 360 and it was saying it was strict. So I did the power down of the modem/router, re-ran the test on the 360 and boom, open nat. Things are great now! But....

When I go back to my Xbox One, not it is saying it is Strict and not open like it was before. So I do the same thing, power down the modem/router, retest and I get open nat, but now I go back to the 360 and now it is back to strict nat.

What is going on? Main reason I ask is that my fiancée and I are thinking of getting a second Xbox One for our bedroom and I don't want to have issues with one have open nat and the other having a strict nat. As it is now, my One and 360 cant both have open nat for some reason.
Same as me. You will have loads of solutions from upnp to DMZ and they may work but none of them did for me.

MS have done nothing about it and I've seen no solution which works for me. Port forwarding doesn't work either.

The whole NAT thing is a fucking mess. Tweet @XboxSupport about it please as maybe they will do something.

jem0208

I have finally got an Xbox One!

I went into to town and was amazed to find that Game had some in stock so picked on up with Forza. I'm just updating now.

Initial impressions:

Controller is damn awesome, really comfortable and looks really nice. The Xbox itself is pretty huge, not really a problem but damn it's big. I love the look of the Kinect though, it's kinda like a robot winking at me.

So in the last half an hour I have established that my internet sucks. Not even half way through the 500mb update, bit of a hype killer :l

pswii60

So, I've taken the plunge. I collect my Xbox One on Tuesday.

I'm just getting a little bored of my PS4 already. Resogun is fun but just doesn't have the Geometry Wars vibe for me. And Killzone feels like work rather than entertainment.

I just can't wait to get stuck in to Forza, DR3, KI, Peggle etc. So much more appealing to me, but I bought in to the hype of PS4. Really I should have waited and got the PS4 a little later on in 2014 when Infamous hits.

Anyway, that aside I'm wondering what peeps here think the first thing I should play or do is when I get my Xbox One set up? As a huge fan, Peggle is top of the list at the moment :)

Caayn

Turn on your sound really, really loud during the calibration ;) Swimming in the vast ocean of zombies is the first thing any Xbox One owner should do.

Faith

Something rly pissed me off last night. My internet wasn't working for around 2 hours (had problems with my router settings) and I couldn't play with my account (CortanaXB) because it needs an internet connection to login.

So in the end it's an always on console?

clav

fak u verizon

never expand fios. signs a deal to bring wireless to cable companies.

everyone ups price.

everyone loses.

3165257826.png

I guess no next gen for me.

theytookourjobz

Something rly pissed me off last night. My internet wasn't working for around 2 hours (had problems with my router settings) and I couldn't play with my account (CortanaXB) because it needs an internet connection to login.

So in the end it's an always on console?

I was able to log in without a connection. That doesn't seem right.

SPDIF

Developers can create new experiences to reach hundreds of millions of devices on people’s desks, in their pockets and in their living rooms.

Build 2014

Off-topic I know, but I hope that that means Microsoft are finally going to open the app store to everyone, allowing all sorts of apps to come to the XB1.

VLC and Plex would be a nice start.

Same as me. You will have loads of solutions from upnp to DMZ and they may work but none of them did for me.

MS have done nothing about it and I've seen no solution which works for me. Port forwarding doesn't work either.

The whole NAT thing is a fucking mess. Tweet @XboxSupport about it please as maybe they will do something.

Have you tried a newer router?

Faith

Do you have only 1 router or more?

Top Bottom