• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Anfony O

Alright boys i have an OCD question for you. Recently moved countries and took my xbox one with me. Just set it up in my new room, and this ones is naturally quieter than my previous one. It's actually dead silent quiet and for the first time i can notice my xbox one's sound. It's still very silent and pales in comparison to any other sounds I've come across but it just got me worried something might have gone wrong. So basically what I'm asking is how quiet is your xbox one in a dead silent room?

Alright boys i have an OCD question for you. Recently moved countries and took my xbox one with me. Just set it up in my new room, and this ones is naturally quieter than my previous one. It's actually dead silent quiet and for the first time i can notice my xbox one's sound. It's still very silent and pales in comparison to any other sounds I've come across but it just got me worried something might have gone wrong. So basically what I'm asking is how quiet is your xbox one in a dead silent room?

The only thing I hear is the hard drive when I have ear right next to the console.

When they release the next version of party chat, I'm really hoping they move the chat servers to the cloud.
It's so annoying dealing with NAT issues...

UNCMark

Banned

There's a fan in every part of the Xbox One. Verify which of the 3 parts is making the noise. I've heard a lot of people complain about noisy power bricks. I had that problem with one on my 360 years ago and it drove me nuts.

I got the 100 hour Twitch achievement.

The name: Best Viewer NA. Ugh, so good.

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Chitown B

Oh it definitely needs AA, I agree, one of the more jaggy games on X1.
iW1SdwwTHNPWz.png

I feel like that's really nit picky. There aren't many obvious jaggies in that picture, except for the trees. The guy looks great and everything about him is where you'll be looking most of the time. It's definitely better than most previous gen games, IMO.

Hawk269

I did some research on having the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One on the same router and them both having open Nat. It appears that the router needs to be able to support multiple NAT devices and the majority of them don't. I have the latest Linksys Router and although it is not listed on MS's site, no matter what I have tried, I can only have one or the other with open nat.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work still? Would assigning a static IP to each console allow it to work or do I need a router that is specifically designed to hand multiple consoles with an open nat?

I have zero issues with my Xbox One and an open Nat and I won't be playing much at all on the 360, but my fiancée wan't another Xbox One for the bedroom and I would want to have both have an open nat for when I play on one or another.

Another interesting thing is that I have a PS4 on the same router and that has an open NAT so is it more of issue about having an open nat and both trying to access the same port?

Timu

I feel like that's really nit picky. There aren't many obvious jaggies in that picture, except for the trees. The guy looks great and everything about him is where you'll be looking most of the time. It's definitely better than most previous gen games, IMO.
I could post worse if you want me to.=p

My Xbox One arrived Saturday morning, my hands were slapped by the family "Not till Xmas" damn it !!! Dead Rising 3, Ryse and a gift card for the store. Might pick up Halo Spartan Assault on Xmas day.

Discovering the wonders of the game DVR, I didn't realize it has 5 minutes recorded of any given time.

Also, you can browse game clips by game (most recent to hit XBL) or through your friends list. It's very robust.

Discovering the wonders of the game DVR, I didn't realize it has 5 minutes recorded of any given time.

Also, you can browse game clips by game (most recent to hit XBL) or through your friends list. It's very robust.

Have you seen MiiVerse on Wii U? I think an Xbox app version of that with video clips, screenshots (hopefully that comes in a update) and dedicated communities to each game would be great for Live.

Grisby

With regards to Forza or Ac, you're in a win win. Just go with the type of genre you feel like playing with though I have to say, for me, AC4 is game of the year tier. I do not particularly care for the series as a whole but the attention to detail, exploration and overall immersiveness is incredible imho.
Thank bud, I was lightly fishing for some opinions.
Get Ryse for sub 40 bucks.
I would agree. A good friend let me borrow Ryse and I'm almost done after a day, on the hardest setting. A hell of a technical showpiece though.

Dead Rising has more content and it has some impressive visual moments of its own. Definitely the better pick.

border

I keep coming home and being unable to do "Xbox On". When I manually turn on my Xbox, it thinks the Kinect is unplugged. This is pretty irritating, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning the whole box to Microsoft.

Is the Microsoft Store the same as an Apple Store, where I can take in defective hardware and get a quick exchange?

BondFancy

Does anyone else have a problem where their controller randomly unpauses their game o_O? It only happens during Ghosts and it only randomly unpauases..never pauses..quite strange..

Edit- Could it be the Kinect..?

Looks like my Kinect just died. Keeps telling me it's unplugged and it's clearly not. Worked fine this morning too. After researching this problem it seems like the only solution is to send it back to MS. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to ship the new one? I'm visiting family for the holiday and won't be home for a week, but if it takes a while for delivery I'll submit it now.

This sucks so much. At least my first 360 waited a few months to get the RROD.

I did some research on having the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One on the same router and them both having open Nat. It appears that the router needs to be able to support multiple NAT devices and the majority of them don't. I have the latest Linksys Router and although it is not listed on MS's site, no matter what I have tried, I can only have one or the other with open nat.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work still? Would assigning a static IP to each console allow it to work or do I need a router that is specifically designed to hand multiple consoles with an open nat?

I have zero issues with my Xbox One and an open Nat and I won't be playing much at all on the 360, but my fiancée wan't another Xbox One for the bedroom and I would want to have both have an open nat for when I play on one or another.

Another interesting thing is that I have a PS4 on the same router and that has an open NAT so is it more of issue about having an open nat and both trying to access the same port?
If you find out mate please message me and let me know. I'm in the same boat as you here.

Timu

Can you download games/apps with voice commands for Kinect?

Because now I got used to Kinect and it's working so far.

OmahaG8

Ok, dumb question - tried searching it but not sure the wording.

Sometimes, my Kinect has a little " - " light directly to the right of the camera lense. It's not always on. What does that indicate?

malfcn

Just found out one of my cats some how chewed the mic for my 360. I have a cup headset I could use instead of paying $20 for a new one. But that really pissed of me off. /rant.

For those that have played ryse, when I'm in formation and then hold down the trigger to throw the arrows, the trigger rumbles a lot and sounds and feels like it's over working and is loud.

I've got two controllers and it happens on both. Anyone else?

malfcn

For those that have played ryse, when I'm in formation and then hold down the trigger to throw the arrows, the trigger rumbles a lot and sounds and feels like it's over working and is loud.

I've got two controllers and it happens on both. Anyone else?

Had the same thing with mine.
Also I think a lot of posters have shared similar comments.

Klocker

If you find out mate please message me and let me know. I'm in the same boat as you here.

ahhh didn't realize you also had a 360 on at same rime

I had same issue when I was running ,multiple 360's in my house had to switch to a netgear that supported multiple nat devices

Derpcrawler

I am not from US but I use US XBL account. Does anyone know if I use pre-paid cards will I still be charged tax? I didn't use XBL since june and on Xbox 360 when I would use MSP I wouldn't be charged with tax for Games on Demand, but when I didn't have points and would use linked PayPal I would always get charged with tax.

Now that MSFT moved to real currency for XBL, do I still dodge tax by using pre-paid cards or it doesn't matter anymore? I want to buy DR3 but not sure if I should buy digitally or from Play-Asia.

lentini

Looks like my Kinect just died. Keeps telling me it's unplugged and it's clearly not. Worked fine this morning too. After researching this problem it seems like the only solution is to send it back to MS. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to ship the new one? I'm visiting family for the holiday and won't be home for a week, but if it takes a while for delivery I'll submit it now.

This sucks so much. At least my first 360 waited a few months to get the RROD.

Mine recently died and I set up an advance replacement ( where they do a credit charge on your card) on a a Sunday and I got the replacement on Tuesday

golem

for what it's worth, the quality for Netflix has SUCKED tonight. It's pretty late so it shouldn't be server load.
Yeah i was having netflix problems too but it also happened when i switched to the Apple TV so i think it was just netflix sucking tonight

Marco1

How is the lag in kinect 2 compared to kinect 1?
I am loving my PS4 and will receive my xbone in the new year but I hated kinect 1 due to that awful lag.
I love the concept of kinect but it really needed more powerful HW, has that issue finally been resolved?

Derpcrawler

How is the lag in kinect 2 compared to kinect 1?
I am loving my PS4 and will receive my xbone in the new year but I hated kinect 1 due to that awful lag.
I love the concept of kinect but it really needed more powerful HW, has that issue finally been resolved?

It's better but not perfect, you can still notice lag. I think it was 90-100ms delay before, now it's in 60-70ms range.

abracadaver

What is the small white light on the kinect sensor ? Its to the left of the 3 red lights. Its only on when Im playing battlefield, never noticed it before.

What is the small white light on the kinect sensor ? Its to the left of the 3 red lights. Its only on when Im playing battlefield, never noticed it before.

From the xbox support FAQ.

Q;What do the lights on my Kinect sensor mean?

A: We designed different areas of the Kinect front panel to illuminate to help indicate the sensor’s functionality.
When Xbox One is on and Kinect is ready to respond to voice and gesture commands, the Xbox symbol on the right of the sensor will illuminate.
If Kinect can capture video or an image, like when you’re engaged in a Skype call or using Upload Studio, a second white light on the left side of Kinect, near the camera lens, will illuminate.

monome

Unpacked my One yesterday.
my girl casually mentionned the NSA spying when we played the switching accounts Game with Kinect.
sensor got back in the box for fear of less sex on the couch...

MS is cheap to leave the no Kinect message on the dashboard.
same for having to manually sign in when no Kinect.

otherwise setup was easy.
us store prices are Great for europeans

controller is definitely smaller but better balanced and definitely built from sexier materials than ps4's

no gamebyet.
debating ryse physical/digital since my friend is playing it online all the time

ms points redeemed are either halo SA or crimson dragon.

One and Surface combo is very weak software wise but it dors look gorgeous.

my inner princely nerd is high on sexy hardware gazing.

Krilekk

Banned
Thank bud, I was lightly fishing for some opinions.

I would agree. A good friend let me borrow Ryse and I'm almost done after a day, on the hardest setting. A hell of a technical showpiece though.

Dead Rising has more content and it has some impressive visual moments of its own. Definitely the better pick.

The hardest setting in Ryse doesn't unlock until after the first playthrough.

Top Bottom