• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Krilekk

Banned
How is the lag in kinect 2 compared to kinect 1?
I am loving my PS4 and will receive my xbone in the new year but I hated kinect 1 due to that awful lag.
I love the concept of kinect but it really needed more powerful HW, has that issue finally been resolved?

Yes, yes it has. I was a Kinect hater until I played Kinect Sports Rivals. Ten minutes later I preordered the game. The amount of precision is incredible, the lag is nearly gone, it's about there where controllers are. It's a huuuuuuuuuuge step forward from the first Kinect. Oh and Xbox Fitness. Incredible.

Woohoo managed to get myself an early Xmas present , is there an official neogaf live user thread ? Would loved to get some friends, my tag is ausroachman.

Nemesis_

I am honestly surprised they didn't fix that with the system update. It seemed to be one of the most confusing and annoying things to come from the Xbox One launch.

jem0208

I rebooted the console several times till I understood what's happening. First I thought my bluray drive was broken xD

Yeah, it's not very clear. My only complaint about the X1 so far.

Loving the snap feature, watching TV and browsing Neogaf.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
When you do 360 circles with the analogs, do you hear a clicky sound? Is this normal?

jem0208

Okay, so I got to 15% and tried to start Forza but it crashed to the dashboard after pressing A on the "press A To start" menu. Should I be worried?

It's now at 20%.

-PXG-

Unpacked my One yesterday.
my girl casually mentionned the NSA spying when we played the switching accounts Game with Kinect.
sensor got back in the box for fear of less sex on the couch...

MS is cheap to leave the no Kinect message on the dashboard.
same for having to manually sign in when no Kinect.

otherwise setup was easy.
us store prices are Great for europeans

controller is definitely smaller but better balanced and definitely built from sexier materials than ps4's

no gamebyet.
debating ryse physical/digital since my friend is playing it online all the time

ms points redeemed are either halo SA or crimson dragon.

One and Surface combo is very weak software wise but it dors look gorgeous.

my inner princely nerd is high on sexy hardware gazing.

I've had sex on my couch, in front of my Xbone. No fucks given. Giving the NSA a free show ;)

I really do love the voice commands. Yelling at Kinect to switch between Twitch channels makes me feel like a boss. Even better, either my connection is amazing or Killer Instinct has the most incredible net code ever. Playing KI online while having Twitch snapped and yet, there was hardly any look lag at all. Almost flawless. I was shocked.

I'm tempted to plug my PS4 into my Xbox One again. Being able to easily switch between the two is cool. But dat latency tho....

OmahaG8

Ok, dumb question - tried searching it but not sure the wording.

Sometimes, my Kinect has a little " - " light directly to the right of the camera lense. It's not always on. What does that indicate?

Coming back to answer my own question for anyone that was curious - courtesy of Microsoft's website.

"Q:What do the lights on my Kinect sensor mean?

A: We designed different areas of the Kinect front panel to illuminate to help indicate the sensor’s functionality.
When Xbox One is on and Kinect is ready to respond to voice and gesture commands, the Xbox symbol on the right of the sensor will illuminate.
If Kinect can capture video or an image, like when you’re engaged in a Skype call or using Upload Studio, a second white light on the left side of Kinect, near the camera lens, will illuminate."

I've noticed the last couple of days or so that my XB1 has got a little louder. It's still very quiet compared to previous gen consoles but not as silent as it first was.

It's the fan making the noise. I wonder if the fan speed settings were changed with the firmware update or maybe it's just slowly disintegrating one bearing at a time :)

timlot

Banned
I've had sex on my couch, in front of my Xbone. No fucks given. Giving the NSA a free show ;)

I really do love the voice commands. Yelling at Kinect to switch between Twitch channels makes me feel like a boss. Even better, either my connection is amazing or Killer Instinct has the most incredible net code ever. Playing KI online while having Twitch snapped and yet, there was hardly any look lag at all. Almost flawless. I was shocked.

I'm tempted to plug my PS4 into my Xbox One again. Being able to easily switch between the two is cool. But dat latency tho....

I concur with this sentiment. I've already "entertained" Kinect a few times. It bothers you after the fact, but in the moment you could care less. Besides I trust they could find more exciting examples on the internet to watch.

timlot

Banned
Ok, dumb question - tried searching it but not sure the wording.

Sometimes, my Kinect has a little " - " light directly to the right of the camera lense. It's not always on. What does that indicate?

Thats the RGB color camera. The infrared camera is Always on and it can see in the dark clearly. Those 3 red infrared light are its indication I guess.

jem0208

Something definitely isn't right. Forza has been sitting at 41% for about 15 minutes and crashes when I try to play.

Did anyone else have this?

IRQ

Banned
Mine sputters a bit like that too and maybe a bit louder. But controllers stay connected and disc drive works so I will play it safe and keep my working console.

That fan sounds fine. Believe me, I got my original xbox one replaced and its fan was way louder than that. My replacement sounds very similar to the one in the video.

Thanks alot guys. I can relax now :)

jem0208

Why you don't just wait till the installation is completed?

I was worried it wasn't installing though. However it seems to have continued now, albeit extremely slowly.

Still crashing after the Drivitar message though.

I'll wait for it to finish installing. :l

hwalker84

Unpacked my One yesterday.
my girl casually mentionned the NSA spying when we played the switching accounts Game with Kinect.
sensor got back in the box for fear of less sex on the couch...

MS is cheap to leave the no Kinect message on the dashboard.
same for having to manually sign in when no Kinect.

otherwise setup was easy.
us store prices are Great for europeans

controller is definitely smaller but better balanced and definitely built from sexier materials than ps4's

no gamebyet.
debating ryse physical/digital since my friend is playing it online all the time

ms points redeemed are either halo SA or crimson dragon.

One and Surface combo is very weak software wise but it dors look gorgeous.

my inner princely nerd is high on sexy hardware gazing.

If you're that scared put a rag over the thing.

jem0208

A 40GB installation with 6GB patch takes a while :)

Yup, especially considering my internet.

I looked up the crashing and it seems to be affecting a few people. Apparently resetting my profile should fix it, I might wait until the install is finished first though and see if that fixes it.

Alright, I said screw it and I've reset my profile. Let's see if this allows me to play for a while.

Any sort of easy way to take a screenshot?

Not directly via the console, yet.
You could upload a video to Skydrive and screen grab from the video/stream, it's not going to be high quality though but it is one way of doing it.
MS need to put in screen capture alongside streaming in 2014 update.

jem0208

Yup, especially considering my internet.

I looked up the crashing and it seems to be affecting a few people. Apparently resetting my profile should fix it, I might wait until the install is finished first though and see if that fixes it.

Alright, I said screw it and I've reset my profile. Let's see if this allows me to play for a while.

Okay, resetting my profile fixed it!

The Bernese Alps track looks amazing.

bidguy

Banned
He was right about a lot of things but this was clearly unnecessary FUD.

Am I able to play a game of Battlefield 4 Multiplayer whilst downloading ACIV Black Flag or no? I remember on 360 your downloads were stopped when you entered a multiplayer session.

i was playing bf4 mp while downloading ghosts so yeah its possible

Heysoos

If anyone is still looking for an Xbox One Best Buy should have a lot today. My district has over 1700 with more on the way coming probably for next week.

Is Skype a bit of a mess for anybody else? Every time my friend calls me I end up getting 3-4 notifications for the call. When I say, "Xbox answer" it then takes me to the Skype screen where I can call that friend, but doesn't answer his call. I have to use the Xbox button to open the notification to get it to work. Also, I have friends in the Skype favorites and when I say "Xbox Skype name" even though the speech recognition in the top corner recognises the name correctly, it only takes me to the Skype alphabetical contact list. Also, my calls to my friend never come through to him unless Skype is already open, where as his come through to me regardless.

jem0208

This is such a cool console. Forza 5 looks fantastic and Record that is awesome.

What game should I get next Gaf?

I'm downloading the KI free version and I got Fifa 14 with the console. Not sure which game I should look at picking up next...

sangreal

quick question. can other people see what movie im watching ? with the blu ray player i mean

Not sure about the bluray player but there is a privacy setting that determines if your friends can see what movie you're watching. Go to privacy settings and click on custom to check

Top Bottom