• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Why the hell do discs keep spinning in the drive, even when there is no need? I've got my Forza disc in the drive, but I'm playing my digital copy of Ghosts and the Forza disc is still spinning away several minutes later. This is the kind of stupid shit Nintendo does. I'm surprised to see my Xbox having the same problem.

I notice the spinning because that is the only time I can hear my Xbox.

abracadaver

Do they send you something or is it just a code per email ?

If its just a code can someone buy it for me ? I will pay you the money back through paypal

50$ for a year is still a very good deal

Krilekk

Banned
This is such a cool console. Forza 5 looks fantastic and Record that is awesome.

What game should I get next Gaf?

I'm downloading the KI free version and I got Fifa 14 with the console. Not sure which game I should look at picking up next...

Ryse is worth it, Need for Speed is great, DR3 is great, Lego Marvel is fun, Zoo Tycoon is nice, Powerstar Golf and Peggle 2 as well. CoD Ghosts is ok. The only turds are supposed to be Crimson Dragon and Lococycle, haven't played those.

Marco1

Why the hell do discs keep spinning in the drive, even when there is no need? I've got my Forza disc in the drive, but I'm playing my digital copy of Ghosts and the Forza disc is still spinning away several minutes later. This is the kind of stupid shit Nintendo does. I'm surprised to see my Xbox having the same problem.

I notice the spinning because that is the only time I can hear my Xbox.
I agree, shit like this should never happen. With it being MS too I can only imagine the shitty drives they've used.

Timu

Crimson Dragon is not a turd! The CR reviews were about as off the mark as the Ryse ones IMHO.
Funny enough out of all the X1 exclusives I played, it's my least favorite, but still isn't bad, just needed better controls and less grinding. This is all what I played on X1 so far(in terms of full games):

Dead Rising 3
Killer Instinct
Crimson Dragon
Forza 5
Ryse

I agree, shit like this should never happen. With it being MS too I can only imagine the shitty drives they've used.

This isn't related to the type or brand of drive. The console OS should tell the disc drive to stop spinning the moment it isn't necessary. If I'm playing a different game, it's definitely not necessary.

Alx

Controls need some time to get used to, and they also improve a lot when you upgrade your dragon (although there are still issues with the boss fights). I struggled at first, but it quickly became enjoyable.
The grinding itself is part of the game, and not really an issue IMO, dragons gain experience quite quickly. The only potentially annoying parts are the required ingredients to make them evolve.

Timu

Controls need some time to get used to, and they also improve a lot when you upgrade your dragon (although there are still issues with the boss fights). I struggled at first, but it quickly became enjoyable.
The grinding itself is part of the game, and not really an issue IMO, dragons gain experience quite quickly. The only potentially annoying parts are the required ingredients to make them evolve.
The free flight controls still aren't great but manageable.

I shouldn't have to repeat missions so often just to upgrade dragons, I did quite a bit just to upgrade 3 of them.D= This is the best dragon I used for attacking:

ibbtezENcBGjwi.png

And those later levels, holy crap.=O

Alx

I was tempted to give it a go ; when I tried it during the Xbox tour it seemed quite fun, while not very pretty. But the entry price is too high to take that risk. That's where an XBLA demo would have been useful.

gkryhewy

Just bought one of the xbox music passes. Does anyone know if these codes expire, or if i can wait to redeem? I have a paid music unlimited sub through april, so I'd rather stagger them and enter this code then if i can.

ParityBit

Any info as to when we will get DD5.1 over optical? My receiver handles DTS, but TV just does not as nice.

Unless I am doing something wrong.

MXRider

The friends part of the xbox smartglass app should separate online and offline. It's kinda pointless having the entire list of friends to scroll through to find who is online. Especially if you have 1000 friends.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So my cousin's XB1 has been giving him problems. Whenever he turns it on it goes to a frozen Assassin's Creed 4 splash screen instead of the home screen. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it? I told him to hold the power button to give it a little reset because that solved a problem for me, it didn't work for him. This doesn't happen everytime for him though.

Sobriquet

This isn't related to the type or brand of drive. The console OS should tell the disc drive to stop spinning the moment it isn't necessary. If I'm playing a different game, it's definitely not necessary.

That's bizarre. I didn't think that discs spin at all once a game is installed.

So my cousin's XB1 has been giving him problems. Whenever he turns it on it goes to a frozen Assassin's Creed 4 splash screen instead of the home screen. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it? I told him to hold the power button to give it a little reset because that solved a problem for me, it didn't work for him. This doesn't happen everytime for him though.

Close the app with the menu button. This seems to happen to me with ACIV and Peggle 2.

Marco1

My wife bought the last xbone at my local tesco.
The console is showing a build date of 13th Nov but is there any issues I should be aware of at the moment?
Thanks.

Bsigg12

My wife bought the last xbone at my local tesco.
The console is showing a build date of 13th Nov but is there any issues I should be aware of at the moment?
Thanks.

Throw a disc in that you don't mind possibly getting beat up. It's not too common but there has been issues with the disc drive. Also, if your fans are loud, contact Microsoft or go exchange the system if you can. The fans should be practically silent at all times. Neither issue is really common but those seem to happen more than all out system or Kinect failures.

How do you check download progress for like a DLC.

Go to games and apps, highlight the game, press the menu button and go to addons.

Also, games you own DLC for have a little controller with a + sign in the top left corner.

Marco1

Throw a disc in that you don't mind possibly getting beat up. It's not too common but there has been issues with the disc drive. Also, if your fans are loud, contact Microsoft or go exchange the system if you can. The fans should be practically silent at all times. Neither issue is really common but those seem to happen more than all out system or Kinect failures.

Thank you.
All I ask for is a Gears trilogy HD.

So I bought BF4 Premium and it won't let me in to any Premium servers, just says "Buy DLC". Anybody else had this problem? The rest of the Premium stuff works like unlocks etc.

ElRenoRaven

A Gears HD trilogy with Unreal Engine 4 would be amazing.

I'd buy that. Ideally I'd like to see two things. I know neither will happen but I'd love to see Gears HD set with all 3 of the games. Then I'd actually love to see them do a Halo collection with all the Halo games ported to xbox one. I know neither of these would be profitable or worth the effort but I so would.

Re-download the premium add-on and re-download everything else from within the game. That did the trick for me.
BF4 is a perfect example of how not to apply QA to your product.
How do I re-download it? When I'm in the store and click premium it just says I already own it.

I'd buy that. Ideally I'd like to see two things. I know neither will happen but I'd love to see Gears HD set with all 3 of the games. Then I'd actually love to see them do a Halo collection with all the Halo games ported to xbox one. I know neither of these would be profitable or worth the effort but I so would.

Gears is already in HD.

Bsigg12

I could see Gears coming over in an HD collection since it seems like they will be giving the series a much needed break. I would be fine with a $60 package that has Gears 1-3 with all DLC content all redone on UE4.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
One huge disappointment for me is that not only do we not have access to BC (not something I expected) but we cant play XBLA games either :(

Like why cant I buy and play arcade games?

I could see Gears coming over in an HD collection since it seems like they will be giving the series a much needed break. I would be fine with a $60 package that has Gears 1-3 with all DLC content all redone on UE4.

remake is not necessary,they can just put it on xbox one in 1080p. cheaper for them too.

One huge disappointment for me is that not only do we not have access to BC (not something I expected) but we cant play XBLA games either :(

They should sell them on the xbox one marketplace and if it knows your account had it then at least give a discount.

timlot

Banned

I hope they bring that back. I love playing game with tv in snap mode, but it works best with more casual games that you don't have to be so engaged in. Powerstar Golf has been getting most of my play. Love the game.

FaintDeftone

The more I use the new Xbox One controller, the more I hate it. The bumpers kill it for me. I find the bumpers extremely awkward to press. I didn't really have any major issues until I started playing Dead Rising 3 and trying to run using the left bumper is a pain.

Hobohodo

So I have a question, maybe one of you guys can help me out,

When your signed in and at the home screen your profile pic is in the top right, sometimes the profile pic has a coloured bar underneath it (the colour of your theme) other times there isn't a bar there. Anyone know what it means?

The more I use the new Xbox One controller, the more I hate it. The bumpers kill it for me. I find the bumpers extremely awkward to press. I didn't really have any major issues until I started playing Dead Rising 3 and trying to run using the left bumper is a pain.

How could you hate a controller because of one button?lol.

SPDIF

So I have a question, maybe one of you guys can help me out,

When your signed in and at the home screen your profile pic is in the top right, sometimes the profile pic has a coloured bar underneath it (the colour of your theme) other times there isn't a bar there. Anyone know what it means?

I'm not completely sure but I think it's an indication that the Kinect can actually see and recognise that you're in the room. If you're singed in and you're in the room, it will have the coloured bar underneath. However, if you or someone else is signed in but not currently in the room, and therefore Kinect can't see you, then the coloured bar goes away. Once you come back into view of Kinect, the profile pic goes through a little animation (indicating it's recognised you) and the coloured bar comes back.

Top Bottom