• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Caayn

How do I re-download it? When I'm in the store and click premium it just says I already own it.
You need to delete it first. On the dashboard select BF4 and push the "menu" button. Click on "Show all add-ons", should be in the lower middle of the list. Here you can delete your add-ons.

Marco1

Just opened my xbone box and find that the console has deep scratches on the gloss top.
Why have the gloss part of the PSU protected with peel-off plastic but not the console?
Back it goes tomorrow.

def sim

I'm liking Peggle, but the largely superficial framerate issues in some of Berg's stages is bothering me. Holding the guide button to look at achievements is super sluggish for whatever reason too. I feel it's still a patch or two away from being complete.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
yes definitely

i suck at it so i usually rage quit but im always going back

its crazy addictive

Something about rage quitting peggle is hilarious to me.

I did hear some pretty good kinect stuff with it though. Like "oh what the FUCK" when they see certain scores.

gkryhewy

Is it possible to migrate an xbox live silver account to xbox one? My wife likes her old gamertag, but it was apparently never associated with an MS account, and now it's already taken (by her, previously) when we try to set up a new account on xbox one.

statham

Same here. I had to fashion one myself with some cardboard in the mean time.

If any of you have this
3.jpg
I removed the top part and the screw fits perfectly with kinect 2.0

Hawk269

One huge disappointment for me is that not only do we not have access to BC (not something I expected) but we cant play XBLA games either :(

Like why cant I buy and play arcade games?

Because that would mean it would be capable of BC which is not. Arcade Games are still programmed for the Xbox 360 just like normal retail games. I am sure it would not take much for some of those Arcade games to be converted to the Xbox One.

Hawk269

Uploaded my first proper "Only in Battlefield" moment onto the youtubes. I love Game DVR. I hope a future update will allow us to record more than 5 minutes.

Good job man. Yeah, I hope they open up the amount of time but also the quality. I am sure it has to with the amount of HDD space they reserved for it, so hopefully when they offer the ability to use an External HDD that if it detects it that it will allow longer and better quality video captures.

The Flash

Banned
Good job man. Yeah, I hope they open up the amount of time but also the quality. I am sure it has to with the amount of HDD space they reserved for it, so hopefully when they offer the ability to use an External HDD that if it detects it that it will allow longer and better quality video captures.

Thanks Hawk!
don't forget to like/comment/share/subscribe :p

I would also like if they bumped up the video quality to 1080p. I'm just glad that I can do this kind of thing without having to buy any additional equipment. Hopefully we'll be able to post directly to YouTube in the future as well.

Hawk269

If you find out mate please message me and let me know. I'm in the same boat as you here.

So is that the problem you are having? Trying to run the Xbox One and the 360 and both having open Nat? Someone suggested unchecking UNPNP in the router settings, but this caused neither console to have an Open Nat.

For me, if the 360 has open Nat the Xbox One is Moderate. If the Xbox One is Open Nat then the 360 is Moderate. So far, no way to have both be open Nat with my Linksys Router (their latest and greatest too). Right now, I am leaving the Xbox One as the primary so it has Open Nat since I wont be playing the 360 on-line much, but I believe my Fiancee got us another Xbox One for the Bedroom and it is really going to suck if I cannot run it with open nat as well.

What is weird is that the Xbox One and PS4 both have open Nat, but it won't work with the 360 as well. I wonder if it is more about it being the same brand and needing the same ports open.

Does anyone have both a Xbox One and a 360 and when they are both on having open Nat for both of them? If so, what Router do you have?

REK

Anyone know where to get a pdp Kinect stand? Sold out everywhere I tried.

YES! I got it yesterday in central, NJ during the snow storm. No one was out shopping and I found it at Best Buy. It was the only one they had on the shelf. I had looked in two other stores before yesterday and 2 Game Stops as well. They are hard to find!

sangreal

Is it possible to migrate an xbox live silver account to xbox one? My wife likes her old gamertag, but it was apparently never associated with an MS account, and now it's already taken (by her, previously) when we try to set up a new account on xbox one.

Just log in with whatever email she used under the old passport system

Uploaded my first proper "Only in Battlefield" moment onto the youtubes. I love Game DVR. I hope a future update will allow us to record more than 5 minutes.

Screenshot capability would be nice too. I'm sure that will come in a update

"Xbox take screenshot" :)

What would be a nice little addition for screenshots is the ability to have them be usable for your profile gamerpic aswell. I have seen the large amount of gamerpics at launch but they don't seem to be selling them under specific games like they did with 360

This isn't entirely related to Xbox One but I really hope Microsoft clears out unused gamertags again. There's a guy who has my first name as his gamertag but hasn't played a game, or logged on as far as I can tell, since the original xbox days. I want that gamertag.

The Flash

Banned
Screenshot capability would be nice too. I'm sure that will come in a update

"Xbox take screenshot" :)

What would be a nice little addition for screenshots is the ability to have them be usable for your profile gamerpic aswell. I have seen the large amount of gamerpics at launch but they don't seem to be selling them under specific games like they did with 360

Screenshots would be good too. I really want a T-Rex gamerpic after all the easter egg hunting lol. Avatar Store also needs to make an appearance as well.

DEADEVIL

Definitely not. It's by far my most played game of the launch.

Good to hear. I've been meaning to buy it, but I already feel like I bought too many games at launch.

Forza 5, NBA 2K14, Ryse, BF4, and the COD: Ghosts 360/X1 digital copy deal.

I'm still trying to finish GTA V on the 360 as well. Also got the free DR2 the other month so I've decided to finish that game and it's DLC before I move on to DR3.

Love the X1 launch games so far, just not enough time to delve into any one game.

But Crimson D. will probably be my next digital until Halo Spartan assault on Xmas Eve

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member
Hey I want to get battlefield 4 for my Xbox, but since there's crashing and problems and my Internet isn't the best, do you guys think I should take the chance?

Given the size of these games has MS said they will support pre-downloading. I would love to buy Titan Fall digitally, but I don't want to have to wait to play it.

The friends part of the xbox smartglass app should separate online and offline. It's kinda pointless having the entire list of friends to scroll through to find who is online. Especially if you have 1000 friends.

The phone and tablet versions of this app are an absolute mess. Even the most basic features are missing, and the design sucks.

Chitown B

This isn't entirely related to Xbox One but I really hope Microsoft clears out unused gamertags again. There's a guy who has my first name as his gamertag but hasn't played a game, or logged on as far as I can tell, since the original xbox days. I want that gamertag.

again? they never did that. There's one that's part of my gamertag that I'd love, but it hasn't been used in the same amount of time I think

BraXzy

What was that game called that had a reveal trailer at E3 (I think at the Xbox show) and it followed a funny knight around as he talked about his castle, one of many floating in the sky.. I can picture the logo, it is tall and has a castle in it if I'm remembering rightly..

I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

Given the size of these games has MS said they will support pre-downloading. I would love to buy Titan Fall digitally, but I don't want to have to wait to play it.

I believe they pretty much said, but without confirming it, that it's a feature they will add in the future.

That said, Titanfall like pretty much all games, will come out on a Tuesday. If you have work or school it shouldn't really be an issue. Purchase the game from Xbox.com (or your Xbox before you leave for your day) and the game will download while the console is off. It has to finish up the install when you do turn it on, but that should be a short wait.

CheezyMac88

What was that game called that had a reveal trailer at E3 (I think at the Xbox show) and it followed a funny knight around as he talked about his castle, one of many floating in the sky.. I can picture the logo, it is tall and has a castle in it if I'm remembering rightly..

I can't for the life of me remember what it is called.
Project Spark?

bidguy

Banned

even if they do that you wouldnt have a chance at getting it.

people wrote scripts that check every sec if a gamertag is available. they sell these rare gamertags, some of them go out for over 100 bucks

Caayn

What happened to the XboxGaf gamertag? Is someone still overseeing that or is it lost in the depths of the Internet?

hwalker84

even if they do that you wouldnt have a chance at getting it.

people wrote scripts that check every sec if a gamertag is available. they sell these rare gamertags, some of them go out for over 100 bucks

I get friend invites all the time because my gamertag is obviously old.

Top Bottom