• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

oVerde

Banned
So other day messing up with Xbox One configurations, resulted with perfect image, colors at FullRGB and all that Jazz with my Pani when set to DVI, but, no sound.. took no time and I remembered there was a plug for optical audio at the back of my sweet TV, hurray! Went flying searching for an optical audio cable to fulfill and bypass that horrible mess with the Xbox One post processing on upscaler. Got home with my dear cable, plugged into my next gen console, and right into my television, went and turned to DVI on settings, PC mode poped-in, recognized full range of colors and oh sweat smooth toned colors, with all your shades and.. no sound yet? Wait, I plugged it! Messed forth and back, tried many things. And the obvious came out, the optical audio connection on my Pani is Audio Out, not Audio In, so.. yea, fuck me.
wtzgU.gif

My home audio system is damn old, hardly will have optical in, but will look into later, dont' have any other chances heh.

Edit: Any words on when they will fix it? Limited RGB is bad and they should feel bad.

One of the couples we hang out with gave me a 25$ Xbox gift card. Should I get a Crimson Dragon or Powerstar? I really like Hot Shots and Panzer so it's about as much of a toss up as I can get.

Red Comet

So it looks like I'm dropping my Xbox off at FedEx tomorrow and thus begins the dreaded replacement process. Has anybody here had their Xbox One replaced via the Normal Replacement method? What was the total turnaround time from the date of shipping to the date of receiving a new console?

It's probably optimistic to hope that I'll have it back before 2014.

ajim

One of the couples we hang out with gave me a 25$ Xbox gift card. Should I get a Crimson Dragon or Powerstar? I really like Hot Shots and Panzer so it's about as much of a toss up as I can get.
crimson dragon.

its nothing to look at, and its not nearly as refined or polished as a panzer dragoon game, but it is pretty damned fun at the end of the day and probably the closest we'll com to a panzer dragoon game anytime soon.

C4Lukins

Just some interesting but probably meaningless stats.

Forza 5 leaderboard is at 532,231

Now there is a most popular section under the games section. I believe it tallies up the games played by people you are following. There are some strange aspects to it though. Peggle 2 was at around 60 yesterday and is no longer on the list. In the opposite direction Ryse was not on my list yesterday, but is now one of the top games. Plus this is no real indication of the console as a whole because most the people I am following are GAF people. So take it all with a massive grain of salt.

FM5 97
Dead Rising 3 80
BF4 73
Ryse 57
CoD Ghosts 55
KI 53
AC4 38
Powerstar Golf 29
LEGO Marvel 23
NBA 2k14 22
Xbox Fitness 18
NFS 14

I would be interested to see other users lists.

Caayn

Dumb moment: Just played some 360 games earlier this morning. Now I've booted up my Xbox One I started pressing the "insert disc" button on the dashboard waiting the disk tray to come out >.>

Is there no companion app for Forza 5? If there is I can't find it. Just started using it for Battlefield 4 and it's really nice to have a full map of the entire battlefield visible instantly at any time in the game.

TheGrue

Weird, I thought maybe there was a patch as I came downstairs and my XBO had a yellow light on the brick. Wouldn't turn on with just the controller and I had to power it on from the button on the front of the console. No patch, though, as the version is the same as it was from the patch the other week.

Lima

Is there no companion app for Forza 5? If there is I can't find it. Just started using it for Battlefield 4 and it's really nice to have a full map of the entire battlefield visible instantly at any time in the game.

Nope there is no smartglass companion for Forza 5.

Just some interesting but probably meaningless stats.

Forza 5 leaderboard is at 532,231

Now there is a most popular section under the games section. I believe it tallies up the games played by people you are following. There are some strange aspects to it though. Peggle 2 was at around 60 yesterday and is no longer on the list. In the opposite direction Ryse was not on my list yesterday, but is now one of the top games. Plus this is no real indication of the console as a whole because most the people I am following are GAF people. So take it all with a massive grain of salt.

FM5 97
Dead Rising 3 80
BF4 73
Ryse 57
CoD Ghosts 55
KI 53
AC4 38
Powerstar Golf 29
LEGO Marvel 23
NBA 2k14 22
Xbox Fitness 18
NFS 14

I would be interested to see other users lists.

Where are you getting the numbers attached to each game? I've never seen that before.

Anion

So other day messing up with Xbox One configurations, resulted with perfect image, colors at FullRGB and all that Jazz with my Pani when set to DVI, but, no sound.. took no time and I remembered there was a plug for optical audio at the back of my sweet TV, hurray! Went flying searching for an optical audio cable to fulfill and bypass that horrible mess with the Xbox One post processing on upscaler. Got home with my dear cable, plugged into my next gen console, and right into my television, went and turned to DVI on settings, PC mode poped-in, recognized full range of colors and oh sweat smooth toned colors, with all your shades and.. no sound yet? Wait, I plugged it! Messed forth and back, tried many things. And the obvious came out, the optical audio connection on my Pani is Audio Out, not Audio In, so.. yea, fuck me.
wtzgU.gif

My home audio system is damn old, hardly will have optical in, but will look into later, dont' have any other chances heh.

Edit: Any words on when they will fix it? Limited RGB is bad and they should feel bad.

Yeah, I have this same issue. I'm eventually going to get a new receiver or something.

I have a weird problem with video streaming.

It suddenly stops and I get a black screen. It doesn't matter which app I use. Lovefilm, Xbox Video, Twitch...all apps have this problem.

I don't have any problems with the 360 or the PS3. I think the 360 has superior streaming quality compared to Xbox One.

This and the 50 Hertz problem (which affects European Tv signals, video streams and DVDs) make the Xbox One a terrible video device.

Is there any information about an update or a fix?

kikonawa

It suddenly stops and I get a black screen. It doesn't matter which app I use. Lovefilm, Xbox Video, Twitch...all apps have this problem.

I don't have any problems with the 360 or the PS3. I think the 360 has superior streaming quality compared to Xbox One.

This and the 50 Hertz problem (which affects European Tv signals, video streams and DVDs) make the Xbox One a terrible video device.

Its not too late to switch to the dark side you know

Chitown B

odd, I've never had this happen. it's not generally a "terrible video device" - however, seems to have 50hz issues.

Cryo

Neo Member
Can't create new topics, so I'll just post it here:

I just noticed a promoted (French) tweet by @TwitterSurveys in my timeline asking about next-gen consoles, in particular the Xbone.

Here are the four questions (translated from French).
(and yes the typo in Zlatan's last name is real, not my mistake)

1. Which video game console do you prefer:
PS4
Wii U
Xbox One
None

2. Will you buy the Xbox One?
Certainly
Probably
Maybe
Probably not
Certainly Not

3. Did you hear about the partnership between Xbox One and Zlatan Imbrahimovic?
Yes
No
Don't know

4. Which of the following games do you like? (multiple answers possible)
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Forza Motorsport 5
Ryse: Son of Rome
None of the above / I don't know any of these games

I finally picked one up last night at Best Buy. Booted it up and it got stuck on the green xbox-one one green screen. Luckily BB still had some in stock for an exchange. Was really excited to play at first but having to drive back to BB to get a replacement really killed the mood.

Currently playing Forza 5. Other than the aliasing the game looks nice.

Mine works fine and I haven't seen many people report this issue, so stating the Xbox One is a terrible video device is incorrect. Get in touch with Microsoft about a replacement.

Chitown B

my video issue currently is when I have live TV snapped, the audio is fine but the video drops frames left and right. It's distracting to see it herk and jerk. I don't get it.

Mine works fine and I haven't seen many people report this issue, so stating the Xbox One is a terrible video device is incorrect. Get in touch with Microsoft about a replacement.

This streaming issue happened to me when trying to watch the Titanfall videos. I haven't noticed it in other streaming services yet, though. I need to test Hulu and Netflix a few times to see.

Top Bottom