• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Xander51

So it looks like I'm dropping my Xbox off at FedEx tomorrow and thus begins the dreaded replacement process. Has anybody here had their Xbox One replaced via the Normal Replacement method? What was the total turnaround time from the date of shipping to the date of receiving a new console?

It's probably optimistic to hope that I'll have it back before 2014.

I used the normal replacement method with the ten dollar extra expedited shipping, and had a new console nine days after the day I took it to FedEx. It was pretty smooth.

lil smoke

Banned
I finally picked one up last night at Best Buy. Booted it up and it got stuck on the green xbox-one one green screen. Luckily BB still had some in stock for an exchange. Was really excited to play at first but having to drive back to BB to get a replacement really killed the mood.

Currently playing Forza 5. Other than the aliasing the game looks nice.

hmm, mine got "stuck" but eventually I realized it was just a un-thought out loading screen.

Orca

Wow, looks like a mix of Battlefield and Team Fortress.
Did not expect this game to look this interesting

Hmm, shame it is 40$ on Xbone and 30$ on 360/PC =\
Might be able to convince my friends to buy it when the price drops a bit.

The start reminded me of Conker's Bad Fur Day more than anything else. The zombie in the military gear looked just like him from behind lol

Holy shit this looks like so much damn fun. I never thought a 3rd person PvZ would look this amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyDHGx9-6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was very interested in this, but hearing it's online only put me off a bit. It's a little scary to think the game becomes worthless if the online community dies off.

For a game like Titanfall online only doesn't really bother me, because I expect that game to have a very large player base for a long time. PvZ though, that's a big unknown.

I was very interested in this, but hearing it's online only put me off a bit. It's a little scary to think the game becomes worthless if the online community dies off.

For a game like Titanfall online only doesn't really bother me, because I expect that game to have a very large player base for a long time. PvZ though, that's a big unknown.

Good point. Is this game using EA's servers or MS? If it's MS, then the servers will more than likely stay up for a long time.

Varg

Banned
After finally finding an xbox one near me , I've played it for two weeks extensively. All I can say is I really wish I waited on my ps4 purchase. I feel like I could have waited another year on it and still came away happy. I guess it's good that I have both now but It's really going to suck on choosing where to get the multi plats

Red Comet

I used the normal replacement method with the ten dollar extra expedited shipping, and had a new console nine days after the day I took it to FedEx. It was pretty smooth.

Wow, that's faster than I thought. Unfortunately they didn't offer me the expedited method, but hopefully my turnaround won't be much longer than that.

Alx

Not entirely convinced by that video of Plants Vs Zombies. I'm all for silly/crazy games (there's not enough of them actually), but the humor feels forced. But I chuckled at the engineer's plumber crack. :D

Caayn

It's online only? Why EA, WHY! Welp there's goes my interest in this game.

Xander51

Wow, that's faster than I thought. Unfortunately they didn't offer me the expedited method, but hopefully my turnaround won't be much longer than that.

I don't think it'll make too much of a difference without the expedited shipping. It took two days for Microsoft to get my console. Then they spent a few days evaluating it since they have the option to repair your system with the normal replacement. Then, I was overnighted a new system from a distribution center in Tennessee.

pacman85

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/ent-verizon-fios-xbox-one

Pretty big news for me. I have FIOS but I don't have a cable box in my room where I keep the X1. Now I can finally watch TV and game at the same time :)
Pretty cool. You are limited to 74 channels of live TV though but I am sure they will add more as time goes along. I wish they would release an app like this for UVerse. They had a UVerse app for the XBox 360 that was literally a complete substitute for a cable STB. But, Microsoft sold the Mediaroom software to Ericsson recently and AT&T is not allowing that app to work anymore after December 31st so that is dumb. Hopefully they are developing something for the XBox One.

Krakatoa

hmm, mine got "stuck" but eventually I realized it was just a un-thought out loading screen.
Yeah it does that after the first update...Takes forever to fire up again. They should put some kind of progress bar. Winder how many people returned their system because of this.

Bsigg12

I'm thinking the game will actually go the route of Team Fortress 2. It'll come out for each system eventually at the $30/40 price then once sales slow or halt, go F2P with something similar to hats. Being online only isn't that bad as long as a) you have constant updates to content and b) the game is fun to play.

TheGrue

I already got the last update a couple days ago though. Really hoping nothings wrong with my console :/

This happened to me this morning as well. The version was still the same, though, so not an update. I couldn't power it on with the controller and had to go push the button on the front of the unit to get it to turn on.

bidguy

Banned
This happened to me this morning as well. The version was still the same, though, so not an update. I couldn't power it on with the controller and had to go push the button on the front of the unit to get it to turn on.

dont worry your console is fine

you cant turn the xbox one on with the controller

yea nothing worked for me. tried pretty much everything at this point, i'm going to the microsoft store tomorrow. :/

RotBot

I don't think it'll make too much of a difference without the expedited shipping. It took two days for Microsoft to get my console. Then they spent a few days evaluating it since they have the option to repair your system with the normal replacement. Then, I was overnighted a new system from a distribution center in Tennessee.

Why were people in here recommending going through Microsoft over Amazon for replacement when I asked last month? Amazon overnighted my replacement the day after I called without waiting to receive the original.

Xander51

Why were people in here recommending going through Microsoft over Amazon for replacement when I asked last month? Amazon overnighted my replacement the day after I called without waiting to receive the original.

Microsoft has an option to do that too, to be fair, but they put an authorization on a credit card and if you don't return the old system they will charge you 500 bucks.

ok so im going to the MS store tomorrow to hopefully get a new powerbrick, and if need be a console.

Do I need the original box? I have it but I don't want to give them my day one box :(

Satchel

Banned
yea nothing worked for me. tried pretty much everything at this point, i'm going to the microsoft store tomorrow. :/

Have you gone old school and completely unplugged the console? As in, even pull the brick out of it and leave it to sit for a minute?

I know it sounds dumb, but sometimes the old school stuff works.

Walshicus

By the by, "Smart Player" on the Windows Phone marketplace is a great application for pushing content on your network (among other sources) to the Xbox One. Tried it today to facilitate my Babylon 5 habit...

Have you gone old school and completely unplugged the console? As in, even pull the brick out of it and leave it to sit for a minute?

I know it sounds dumb, but sometimes the old school stuff works.

yup. tried:

• Unplugging, plugging back in
  • Unplugging, waiting 30 minutes, plugging back in
  • Trying this with 3 different outlets

Light will be bright orange, then go dim orange less than a second later. Can't turn on the system, and my DR3 disc is stuck in there...tried the manual way of taking it out but it didn't work.

:/

Top Bottom