• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Finally killed my first set of batteries in my controller, they were the originals, lasted me a week and probably would have went longer. once i noticed the rumbles stopped i swapped them out.

Yup, this is the only way, but sometimes you don't notice and you are in the middle of a multiplayer match and BAM!!!

It's AWFUL.

Cru

If anyone is still looking for the PDP kinect mount check your Gamestop. For some reason I never thought to look for one there.

If anyone is still looking for the PDP kinect mount check your Gamestop. For some reason I never thought to look for one there.

Is the privacy cover removable? I like the idea of it, but the fact that i cant sign in automatically without the kinect makes it kind of a pain in the ass for me to just cover the camera.

Caayn

Anyone buying Halo Spartan Assault ? I like top down shooters but heard mixed opinions about this game
I am. At first I wasn't going to buy it again as I already own both the W8 and WP8 versions. But now they've released that current owners can get it for only $5, I'm in.
Really enjoying my xbone that I bought this week.
Ryse and DR3 are great but why can I not see how much battery is left on the controller and also how do I turn vibration off?
Where is the setting to see how much HDD space is left?
Thanks.
No, no and no. We're all baffled by this.

You do however can check the space that every game uses. Push the menu button when you're highlighting a game and it will tell you how big that game is.

Redshirt

Banned
Is the privacy cover removable? I like the idea of it, but the fact that i cant sign in automatically without the kinect makes it kind of a pain in the ass for me to just cover the camera.

Yeah, it's removable. It doesn't even come attached. You have to put it on if you want to use it.

Timu

iohnnRTPwjzr5.JPG

Got these today for my next gen consoles, played some Killer Instinct and wow, it really brings out the amazing music a lot more.o_O

Chitown B

No battery indicator exists, and there is no HDD manager on the console. It baffles us all.

battery indicator is rarely accurate on the 360, so I think they just ditched it.

HDD manager - it's annoying to me, but I think they don't want people deleting stuff willy nilly, especially since there many be more files than just "the game" like there was on the 360 and they don't want people having access to fuck their games up or screw up syncing with the cloud.

Sounds good, its just until they make it to where i can sign in automatically without it, its kind of useless.

it's always useless. No one is watching recordings of you. Tinfoil hat crew.

Whats the point of standby mode if these game updates don't happen until we launch the game? That Ryse update was brutal.

Yeah they need to fix that.

SPDIF

Whats the point of standby mode if these game updates don't happen until we launch the game? That Ryse update was brutal.

Seems to work fine for me. Forza 5 automatically updated earlier today. Apart from viewing the notification that told me it was ready to launch, I didn't need to do a thing,

Seems to work fine for me. Forza 5 automatically updated earlier today. Apart from viewing the notification that told me it was ready to launch, I didn't need to do a thing,

I haven't tried Forza in a couple of days, but I didn't even know the Ryse update happened. It did everything while I wasn't playing. Pretty awesome, actually.

Razdek

Banned
What annoys me most is that the people working on this UI didn't make a list of all the good things that was in the 360 interface and use that as a base of features to include. It's like they pretended the 360 never existed and started from scratch which they didn't have to. Now we have to play the waiting game for these features to be patched in.

Chitown B

What annoys me most is that the people working on this UI didn't make a list of all the good things that was in the 360 interface and use that as a base of features to include. It's like they pretended the 360 never existed and started from scratch which they didn't have to. Now we have to play the waiting game for these features to be patched in.

I think they focused on the new ideas and didn't have time to implement some of the old standard stuff. It'll come, but these consoles were rushed to market.

LNBL

So I have decided to no longer wait for the release in The Netherlands and am going to order it from the German Microsoft store tomorrow. Can't wait!

Caayn

So I have decided to no longer wait for the release in The Netherlands and am going to order it from the German Microsoft store tomorrow. Can't wait!
Good luck, I hope that your orders arrives. I ordered one for a buddy almost three weeks ago and still haven't received any status update whatsoever. Canceled it yesterday and now I'm waiting on the delivery from Amazon.de :)

ViciousDS

Banned
Got my fps freeks today for the xbox one so excited to finally get my natural feel using extended joysticks back. Slapped the sucker on and noticed a nasty dead zone on the right analog stick.....whatever defective day one controller no big deal. Grabbed the spare nope same shit, grab 3 more from my friends same shit.....sticks all have a dead zone. I am utterly furious now because this renders the freeks mute, so mad I ordered a cronusmAx to use my ps4 controller on the X1.

Does anyone else notice the gap or dead zone from when you move the right stick to when it actually registers movement? Honestly the sticks just feel so loose and cheap compared to he 360 and I don't remember having this problem with the freeks last gen.....it's so damn noticeable.

GravyButt

Hook it all up, disc drive growls at me and wont read a disc. Ugh. Any quick tips to try and fix or do I call Microsoft? Beyond annoyed. I def dont want to void the warranty thats for sure.

Basically I insert the disc and it makes a small mechanism noise but when it tries to read the disc its like a 4-5 second sound of growling then a few seconds later an error message

To anyone that has Madden, do me a favor and next time you're playing online, if you have a team that has the triple option, try it out. Past 3 nights I've tried that play with the Panthers and it makes a desync occur and ends the game. Strange!!!

Defect

Hook it all up, disc drive growls at me and wont read a disc. Ugh. Any quick tips to try and fix or do I call Microsoft? Beyond annoyed. I def dont want to void the warranty thats for sure.

Basically I insert the disc and it makes a small mechanism noise but when it tries to read the disc its like a 4-5 second sound of growling then a few seconds later an error message
Hold the disc while it's being pulled for 2 seconds then let it go in.

I have the same problem and I found out that doing this trick works.

Razdek

Banned
I think they focused on the new ideas and didn't have time to implement some of the old standard stuff. It'll come, but these consoles were rushed to market.

Yea I know they'll come but when you're the biggest software company in the world and this is the best that they could do in the time frame it's disappointing. So many little features already mentioned not implemented and they add up to a lousier experience than it should be. I use the system more than the PS4 but it's funny how the UI and functionality on that machine is more refined and complete.

Crimson Dragon got an update. Looks like they renamed revival gems to regenerators but not sure what else has changed.

http://playxbla.com/changes-to-wingman-cost/

We’re constantly looking at player trends and feedback, seeking ways to optimally tune Crimson Dragon for you, the players. Based on our most recent evaluations, we’ve decided to lower the cost of hiring a Wingman. The cost of a Wingman has been reduced by as much as 67%. What this means for you is that the best Wingmen are available at a cheaper cost, and using them is a much more rewarding feature based on their cost. Pro tip: make sure to not only bring a powerful Wingman in to the battle with you, but one who also benefits you most based on the enemies’ elemental attribute.

RayMaker

Banned
Played an X1 for the first time the other day, I played forza 5 and Fifa 14

and here is what I thought

• My ''GAME'' store needs to learn how to calibrate TV's, it was an LG tv and it just looked completely calibrated compared to the sony TV the PS4 was using.
  • I cant really tell about the graphics because the tv was so bad, they looked like 360 games.
  • When playing fifa 14 The controller felt good apart from the darn loose triggers! why on earth did make em this loose it makes the controller feel broken!
  • the X1 is smaller than I thought
  • The bumpers felt fine, I dont know what the fuss about
Such a shame the TV was un-calibrated, those ''GAME'' staff are complete fools for not doing so.but Apart from that it seemed pretty much the same as the PS4, in a store environment, watching the people play on both system made me realize graphics really don't matter for the majority of the public who dont go on gaming sites.

Chitown B

Got my fps freeks today for the xbox one so excited to finally get my natural feel using extended joysticks back. Slapped the sucker on and noticed a nasty dead zone on the right analog stick.....whatever defective day one controller no big deal. Grabbed the spare nope same shit, grab 3 more from my friends same shit.....sticks all have a dead zone. I am utterly furious now because this renders the freeks mute, so mad I ordered a cronusmAx to use my ps4 controller on the X1.

Does anyone else notice the gap or dead zone from when you move the right stick to when it actually registers movement? Honestly the sticks just feel so loose and cheap compared to he 360 and I don't remember having this problem with the freeks last gen.....it's so damn noticeable.

Explain why you need these?

statham

Still have issues with "xbox on" and kinect not reading my hands after a day(games work just fine, but can't surf the OS with my hands), think I'm going to send in my kinect unit.

I really should not have bought my ps4. Originally my plan was to just go xb1 and wait until march to buy a ps4. Well, release day came and I was in line for a ps4 and returned and did the exact same thing for xb1. My problem is I have been playing on xb. Now this is where I start to see a couple of things and now understand what MS was gambling on.

Because I have my cable passing through the XB, I find it convenient to just hit a couple of buttons to get to a game on xb. What baffles me is how seemingly lazy this sounds to me. Why can't I throw another press of a button to change my video input (to get to ps4)? Well, the reality is, laziness is last on list when I think about it. Right now, it's the games. I've only played and thoroughly enjoyed ac4 in past two weeks. I got kz and nba. Beat kz and never went back. Alternatively, I am on my third dead rising playthrough. So yeah, partly the variety on xb and partly because it's on anyway when I watch TV which, lets face it, is an arbitrary feature on the XB1 since it's only acting as ass through.

Oh well. Whatevs. Good to be a gamer now overall.

Still have issues with "xbox on" and kinect not reading my hands after a day(games work just fine, but can't surf the OS with my hands), think I'm going to send in my kinect unit.

Sorry for the double post boys.

About Kinect on. I have had the same problem and can tell you what now gives me a 100% response from Xbox. It's not about pitch which I though at first. Try something for me: turn off the machine and ask the "ex-box" to turn on and not the "Xbox".

See if that works.

sangreal

I really should not have bought my ps4. Originally my plan was to just go xb1 and wait until march to buy a ps4. Well, release day came and I was in line for a ps4 and returned and did the exact same thing for xb1. My problem is I have been playing on xb. Now this is where I start to see a couple of things and now understand what MS was gambling on.

Because I have my cable passing through the XB, I find it convenient to just hit a couple of buttons to get to a game on xb. What baffles me is how seemingly lazy this sounds to me. Why can't I throw another press of a button to change my video input (to get to ps4)? Well, the reality is, laziness is last on list when I think about it. Right now, it's the games. I've only played and thoroughly enjoyed ac4 in past two weeks. I got kz and nba. Beat kz and never went back. Alternatively, I am on my third dead rising playthrough. So yeah, partly the variety on xb and partly because it's on anyway when I watch TV which, lets face it, is an arbitrary feature on the XB1 since it's only acting as ass through.

I know the feeling :-/

Really wish I waited until spring for my PS4 but oh well. I played the shit out of the thing before the XB1 launch at least

My XB1 is always on so it's just so much more convenient. I also love being able to search for a controller while the game is loading

Bsigg12

What time do the new games drop? I was hoping to play Max before going to bed tonight / early tomorrow morning.

Probably around 5am or 6am ET. I think it updates at 3am PT, but not sure yet. The only game that has come out post launch is Peggle and I just downloaded that the morning of its release. It's already on the marketplace so maybe 12am PT if we're lucky.

statham

I know the feeling, while watching a tv, wife goes to the bathroom, change diaper, answers a call, im xbox goto peggle. Its awesome.

Z_Y

Right there with you.

Timu

This is how I am, I'm playing my X1 far more than my PS4.

golem

Yeah, PS4 is gathering dust. Just sold NBA2k14 so the only games I have for it now are PS+ lol

JaggedSac

Just had a pretty cool moment in Ryse where I got a double execution and during it an explosion occurred in the background. Looked pretty cool imo.

http://sdrv.ms/1hpMyx2

EDIT: And here is a little montage with Powerstar Golf, Ryse, and DR 3. Something explodes beside me while I am on the rollerhog and it sends me flying about 50 feet, pretty cool.

http://sdrv.ms/1cfueY7

Top Bottom