• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Game dvr is definitely my favorite feature that really makes it feel next gen. Playing battlefield, taking down a heli on foot and being able to say "xbox record that" is just amazing.

When it works I agree. However, I feel as though my Kinect is getting dumber by the day. I find myself repeating commands more now, then on the first day I got it.

When it works I agree. However, I feel as though my Kinect is getting dumber by the day. I find myself repeating commands more now, then on the first day I got it.

I have never once had to repeat myself when recording something with game dvr

edit: I think most peoples problem with the commands is that they dont say them correctly. When saying things you have to go "xbox" pause for a second then say the command. Ive never had a problem.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Gonna grab an xbone this weekend, was wondering how zoo tycoon is?

My girlfriend has played it more than I have but she really likes it. She played the original on PC and is disappointed about a couple of things however. You can't do stuff like putting antelopes in with the lions (yes, she's sadistic like that) and a the max zoo size seems rather smaller than it should be.

Having said that the graphics are really nice, the animals are extremely well done and you find yourself watching them do stuff as you would real animals. It's nice to be able to walk around your zoo in 3rd person and take pictures and have buggy races in co-op.

She's hoping they have some expansions planned.

nbraun80

I have never once had to repeat myself when recording something with game dvr

edit: I think most peoples problem with the commands is that they dont say them correctly. When saying things you have to go "xbox" pause for a second then say the command. Ive never had a problem.

Also I've found it helps to fully shut down the system if you notice some Kinect issues. Mine refused to recognize the word Yes after I said Xbox turn off, it just would not do anything. So I manually selected yes and then unplugged the power supply and restarted and all was fine.

sangreal

Also I've found it helps to fully shut down the system if you notice some Kinect issues. Mine refused to recognize the word Yes after I said Xbox turn off, it just would not do anything. So I manually selected yes and then unplugged the power supply and restarted and all was fine.

Yup, I've had this exact problem. Would recognize everything except 'Yes'

Unity2012

I have not had a problem with it; try to reset your kinect from the settings menu. it might help. If you do, this time, set your speakers volume to a mid range and not too loud, you may be picking up too much noise. Hope it helps.

Download speeds are great. Xbox One is the first console to max out my internet connection.

As for the bumpers/triggers on the controller. I found myself a new position to hold it in and it's surprisingly more comfortable than other controller I've held.

Try holding the controller like this:

First part of your finger rests on the bumper and the rest of finger rests on the trigger. This way you'll never hit the blind spot of the bumpers and can easily use both the trigger and bumper at the same time without adjusting the position of your finger.
Apologies for the bad angle, it isn't easy taking a picture with a smarthphone at that angle while still holding the controller properly.
I liked the previous Zoo Tycoons but this one is not my cup of tea. There's a demo on the marketplace, I suggest you try that before buying the real thing.

Thanks for the tips, i'm going to adjust i guess...

I understand why Microsoft did what they did with the bumpers, it just needs more getting used to but worth it in the end. With the way they designed the bumpers and triggers, reaction time is fast for twitchy shooter games like COD or other fast shooters. But for a game like Killer Instinct, it's harder to pull moves that require using the bumpers.

As for the speed, i agree, i have a very fast connection and i think this is the first time that i see downloads going that fast. It was like blazing fast, i couldn't believe my game already downloded... I like that a lot !

Picked up DR3 and Zoo Tycoon through MS Expertzone for $17 each...the price was just the motivation I needed to finally get them :).

Any Xbox Ambassadors, check your emails also, there is a holiday challenge which can net you a LocoCycle token for doing 20 assists, and a Forza 5 token for 120+.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So just returned home from traveling and have a second controller waiting.

I noticed the new controller has great bumpers which move down and click compared to my Day One edition controller which don't even click and feel stiff but they do work.

Now I imagine Microsoft will sort this out but I expect they will replace with a standard edition controller.

Anyone had the same problem?

C Jones

Game dvr is definitely my favorite feature that really makes it feel next gen. Playing battlefield, taking down a heli on foot and being able to say "xbox record that" is just amazing.
Is this working every time for you? It's broken for me ONLY in BF4 multi. I can record the menu and single player every time, but in multi I'll get a clip that's only 1 second long. Very annoying. Seems hit or miss - some people have no issue while others consistently just get a second. Every once in a while it will actually work. So many cool moments lost :(

Is this working every time for you? It's broken for me ONLY in BF4 multi. I can record the menu and single player every time, but in multi I'll get a clip that's only 1 second long. Very annoying. Seems hit or miss - some people have no issue while others consistently just get a second. Every once in a while it will actually work. So many cool moments lost :(

Ive got probably 20 clips from BF4 all from multiplayer and have never had a problem.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well got my Xbox One.

Gamertag is peaseybananas.

I don't really have any games yet, but looking to get DR3 soon.

Grab KI, you can play Jago for free.

frey

How's NBA 2K?

I haven't played a basketball game in over twenty years so it's something different that will hopefully keep me interested. How scripted is the my player career mode?

How's NBA 2K?

I haven't played a basketball game in over twenty years so it's something different that will hopefully keep me interested. How scripted is the my player career mode?

It's a great game but doesn't have a lot to do. Career is the thing they seemed to put all their money there is tons of voice acting, cutscenes, etc. You can really put a lot of time into it.

Friend of mine says his has went like this. Just misses everything now. Mine is still good, but I feel like I'm repeating myself more than I was before.

Chitown B

LOL. Somehow two doubled up and glitched and I got this:

Capture_zpsda515792.png

So just returned home from traveling and have a second controller waiting.

I noticed the new controller has great bumpers which move down and click compared to my Day One edition controller which don't even click and feel stiff but they do work.

Now I imagine Microsoft will sort this out but I expect they will replace with a standard edition controller.

Anyone had the same problem?

I noticed that too.

Got my exchange console today, Installing all my games took half the day but everything seems fine now. No weird random noises from the disc drive, no disc read errors.

Mrbob

Is the 5 dollar XB1 upgrade infinite amount of time for Halo Spartan Assault? It is the one game I spent real money for from the Windows 8 Store. Not a big fan of the arena combat setup of the game but part of the problem could have been the bad keyboard/mouse control setup. I might give it another shot when I get my XB1 if it is still available for cheap.

Top Bottom