• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Mrbob

Is the 5 dollar XB1 upgrade infinite amount of time for Halo Spartan Assault? It is the one game I spent real money for from the Windows 8 Store. Not a big fan of the arena combat style of the game but part of the problem could have been the bad keyboard/mouse control scheme. I might give it another shot when I get my XB1 if it is still available for cheap.

MajorPain

Had major problems updating BF4 last night not sure if it was an X1 problem or BF4 issue. Finally got it working though but felt like a real chore getting the update I don't remember updates being this painful on the 360 hopefully they fix this soon.

Problem was it got stuck at 98 or 99% for like 2 hours kept having to restart until it finally cleared the error and finished the install. I thought remember hearing your games were suppose to update automatic when the system was asleep or in standby.

xkramz

Ok I was under the impression that whatever I buy something through the ms store when I'm not home, that it would download the game for me so once I get home I would see it already downloaded and ready to play.

sangreal

Ok I was under the impression that whatever I buy something through the ms store when I'm not home, that it would download the game for me so once I get home I would see it already downloaded and ready to play.

nope, not yet

Why is the gamerpic I've chosen not the same as on my xbox.com profile?

xbox.com is all 360 stuff. xbox one is not integrated at all. no achievements, follower lists, etc etc

Orcus

nope, not yet

Edit: Doh, I just reread the original post and saw that he was referencing first time installs, not updates.
That's odd. I had a notification for BF4 and when I fired up the game there was no wait for an update. I'm sure it was updated because the game browser worked for the first time ever and join queues were back. There was no intervention or user interaction from me ay all, the game seemed to have automatically updated itself when I wasn't using the console.

Marco1

Really enjoying my xbone but the OS and lack of certain things really comes across as something that needs serious refinement.
I expecting the OS to be fantastic in one year.

Now we know why they didn't hold the vote. Only 54 won when they said they'd pick 100 winners. I guess they didn't have enough good submissions. Happy to see my zombie made it, though!

Somehow I think making it US only has something to do with that. I read so many posts from people who were going to enter but couldn't because of it being US only.

I want this one
img_

Dubz

Grimløck;94309435 said:
If you have the means, sure. The Bone has some fantastic-looking games coming up in 2014.

Well I just got my Xmas bonus, so I think I will make the plunge. The Gamestop near me has a bunch that just came in.

jem0208

Should I get an X1 if the only game I will buy at first is KI and DR3? I already have a PS4.

I only have Forza and KI yet I'm finding myself using my X1 constantly. I didn't think I would like it but the HDMI in is great. I'm in the UK so I don't even have the One guide yet but I use the TV functionality all the time.

For example, I was watching Top Gear the other day and the Stig was about to lap a car, I decided it would be pretty cool to race the Stig in Forza so I snapped TV with the game and raced him. It's seriously cool.

Of all the time I have spent using it, only about half has been on games.

I highly recommend buying it, even if you only have a couple of games at launch.

Bsigg12

Should I get an X1 if the only game I will buy at first is KI and DR3? I already have a PS4.

It's up to what kind of value you think you'll get. I held off on a PS4 because the game I really wanted to play isn't out yet (Infamous) and felt the Xbox One lineup was stronger at launch. Look ahead at upcoming games and decide if you'll be using the system then. It's tough to bite off $500 dollars than not use the system for several months.

Now we know why they didn't hold the vote. Only 54 won when they said they'd pick 100 winners. I guess they didn't have enough good submissions. Happy to see my zombie made it, though!

Damn, I should have made a few entries. I had some decent ideas, and am not all that satisfied with the ones available. I just put it off for too long and assumed I'd get lost in thousands of submissions.

I just need Ska Studios to send Microsoft a 1080p version of my avatar (which was a gamerpic from Dishwasher: Vampire Smile)

Montresor

I'm getting my xbox later this month as an xmas gift from my brother. I still have a backlog I'm working through on current-gen, but I want to make sure I buy any cross-gen games on next-gen platforms. I've already been hit with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, but I'm not upset by that at all. I bought the game the day it came out and enjoyed it - I'm eager to double dip when it reaches a budget price.

So far, I'm looking forward to adding these games to my xbox one collection whenever I get the system - all these games are cross-gen, and with the exception of Tomb Raider, I haven't played any of them yet:

Rayman Legends
Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood
Walking Dead Season 2
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Call of Duty Ghosts
Guacamelee
Tomb Raider (only at a budget price)

I'm getting my xbox later this month as an xmas gift from my brother. I still have a backlog I'm working through on current-gen, but I want to make sure I buy any cross-gen games on next-gen platforms. I've already been hit with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, but I'm not upset by that at all. I bought the game the day it came out and enjoyed it - I'm eager to double dip when it reaches a budget price.

So far, I'm looking forward to adding these games to my xbox one collection whenever I get the system - all these games are cross-gen, and with the exception of Tomb Raider, I haven't played any of them yet:

Rayman Legends
Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood
Walking Dead Season 2
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Call of Duty Ghosts
Guacamelee
Tomb Raider (only at a budget price)
Walking dead is on the Bone?

Caayn

surprisingly it is the most amazing Christmas shooter surprise since Bruce Willis found a machine gun in Die Hard.
tIqqDmN.gif

https://madebyyou.xboxone.com/

All the new gamer pictures sure are nice. :) Time to retired my old Rainbow Panda in favor of the new Panda! :)
New avatars? Nice. But I'll keep my little dragon :D
I like the cheeseburger eating another cheeseburger.
Does that count as cannibalism? If so, cannibalism sure it tasty.

Klocker

looks like Forza update fixed the quick resume from standby :)

allegedly the NBA patch addressed it too but have not tried it yet.

by the way both my games and kinect fitness both updated while in standby

they popped up notifications when logged on...no notes just the game saying ready to play in notify

Mrbob

Unless you waiting for a price drop you might as well buy one. It will be the same price in March as it is now. The only thing I can think of is a possible TitanFall bundle but this isn't guaranteed.

Have my spot cleared in my component rack for XB1(Aidos 360!), waiting on MS to fix the surround issue so my HT system doesn't weep.

Redshirt

Banned
In the App Channels section of the OneGuide, I can't get Netflix to show up.

Hulu Plus, Amazon, Crackle, Redbox and so on all work fine. Anyone have Netflix in their App Channels?

So I'm driving in Forza and boom. Instantly go to dash for no reason. Are crashes common in Forza? Just curious since its the first crash type thing I've experienced. Also I am loving my Xbone, only negatives are the bumpers on the controller which I'm getting used to so they are becoming a non issue and maybe the fact that everything functions as an app but whatever. Everything is nice and fluid and kinect voice is actually really legit. Watching a bluray and controlling with my voice is really something else. :) Anyways, I'm fully next gen now with both systems and its awesome.

Lima

So I'm driving in Forza and boom. Instantly go to dash for no reason. Are crashes common in Forza? Just curious since its the first crash type thing I've experienced.

Nah but it can happen every once in a while just like on the 360. Only that on the 360 it would hard lock the console and a full reboot was needed. Here you just crash to the home screen and start the game again.

malfcn

Playing Ghosts now.
First COD game since Warfare 2.
It's okay but so far nothing great.

That first scene when you're outside on the beach was hideous. Could they have put anymore geometry on the screen that showed poor aliasing? Everything in that scene was jaggy, sadly.

Aiming acceleration is very fast. For giggles I set it to 20 and a nudge nearly did a 360! How can people pay with sensitivity that high?

Opening in space a pretty cool.

Top Bottom