• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Montresor

I don't have an XB1 yet (getting one at the end of the month) but I would be fine if for the next 10 years there wasn't a flagship Kinect game. I don't like motion gaming. I want the Kinect just for the UI - for voice recognition, facial recognition, and Minority Report-styled menu navigation. I want an XB1 because the full package (the UI, the software, the controller, etc...) is much more appealing to me than the PS4. So I am not at all concerned with the lack of compelling Kinect software. The $100 premium is a shame, but it's the only system that will get me exactly what I want for my gaming/entertainment needs.

Having said that, I am going to try Xbox Fitness whenever I get this thing.

Orca

Wow we managed to go sooo long without the usual negativity in this thread. Hope it goes back to being like that soon.

It would go away if people stopped arguing against the opinions of people who don't have the console and would never change their minds anyway. Just ignore him and move on.

If anyone is up for a. Nightmare runthrough of dead rising 3, please add me. I usually play after 9pm central. Xb tag is same as my username here. One word.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Thank God Amirox Finally Went Out Celebration Secret Santa PM Question:

Before Amirox comes by to scold everyone for not agreeing with his precise vision and timeline of what gaming and experiences should be like and tries to recruit more soldiers for his weird army, I would like to give out a freebie.

Only answer the following question if you have an Xbone right now and DO NOT HAVE A DRIVING GAME YET.

Who is the artist who created Amirox's avatar and most of the Famitsu covers?

Caayn

Before Amirox comes by to scold everyone for not agreeing with his precise vision and timeline of what gaming and experiences should be like and tries to recruit more soldiers for his weird army, I would like to give out a freebie.

Only answer the following question if you have an Xbone right now and DO NOT HAVE A DRIVING GAME YET.

Awww I already own Forza 5 :( Still I've sent you a PM with my guess. Would be awesome if you could tell me if I was correct or not.

sangreal

Does anyone know where MS published patch notes for these updates to apps. Everytime I turn the system on 2-3 apps have been updated. The only way you even know is it push's them to front.

For instances Xbox music and video and upload studio just got updated.

the other way to tell is the notification center I guess. I've got notifications that Xbox Video and Xbox Music are "ready to start" for no other discernible reason

PMs?

the other way to tell is the notification center I guess. I've got notifications that Xbox Video and Xbox Music are "ready to start" for no other discernible reason
Yeah updates being notifications is the designed way to tell when games and apps have been updated.

I wish they had update notes for apps online or something though.

Dougald

Bah , I give up trying to Google that, whoever wins will deserve this "driving game"

That must suck. The XB1's Kinect has been accurate about 98% of the time, with the majority of the 2% coming from 'Xbox, on" when the XB1 is off. Otherwise it has been ridiculously accurate and swift for me...

Yeah. Most of my failures come from saying 'Xbox, On' or if the room is not totally quiet (like if I have a fan going). Otherwise, it's pretty accurate for me.

Hindle

Banned
A $10 downloadable Kinect drinking game would be brilliant. It would combine various minigames that use the voice and motion sensing and would fill it's niche. It would be a frankenstein of Mario Party, Warioware, Buzz, and Kinect Sports.

Sounds like a type of game they'd make. Quizz or gameshow type experiences could be a possibility as well.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I never understood why they canceled 1vs100 in the first place. The concept could have been huge for them.

I loved 1v100. I can only assume it was cancelled because of cost.

jem0208

Lol!

Sadly I have no idea and I already own Forza. Still made me laugh though :p

P90X?

That shit... I can't even begin to do that, even after my lost weight. That shit kills me in regular form. Does the Xbox Fitness version like tell you to call the hospital if you're about to die when doing P90X? lol

It was some random low impact session or so was the claim...felt anything but low impact.

Anyway, I broke and bought Max. Currently downloading but I'm off out again, so won't be able to play it until tomorrow.

LNBL

Good luck, I hope that your orders arrives. I ordered one for a buddy almost three weeks ago and still haven't received any status update whatsoever. Canceled it yesterday and now I'm waiting on the delivery from Amazon.de :)

Yeah I had problems with ordering from Microsoft.DE, so I ordered one from Amazon.DE also. Did you get your order in time?

Grisby

Ok. Can someone give me a hand?

Playing an MP game in AC4 and it dumps me back to the home screen. This has happened twice already in an hour and I didn't have any issues yesterday. Whenever I go back it takes me to the multiplayer saying I've been invited to a party session.

I was riding high on both of the matches it kicked me from and this blows, :(

Krilekk

Banned
I can't believe how easy it is now to buy from other countries. Gonna buy all my games from the US store from now on, saves me 30 %.

Dubz

Best I've played in a fighting game to date.

Good to hear. I really need a stick when I play FG's, but I'm not spending $200 for the Madcatz stick. I guess I'll attempt to be a pad warrior for the time being. Updating my system now!!!! Excited.

jem0208

You mean location :p

Also, just use any US address. Apparently Oregon addresses are good because you aren't charged tax.

I haven't paid more than £37 for a brand new game as of yet. If it weren't for that.

Are we sure MS isn't going to do something about this?

I'm considering doing it but I'm slightly wary...

Top Bottom