• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

sangreal

Are we sure MS isn't going to do something about this?

I'm considering doing it but I'm slightly wary...

I'm sure they'll make it harder whenever they sort out their region problems. That said, MS told people to do it so I don't see any bans coming:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76585023&postcount=19

It's totally different.

First - all games are WW signed. Not all 360 games are.

Second - The console will work everywhere (keeping in mind Power Supplies)

Third - You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards... :)

You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)

but don't blame me if you get banned

derFeef

BcDCE7-IEAA56iB.jpg:large

Mhhmmhmm.

EA are such a joke, they are still using their shitty servers even though MS offer their own and free tools etc.

EA servers were down earlier but seem to be back, I can connect to them but my friend can't, fucking EA.

Dabanton

Just got told by my SO that she ordered an X1 with Fifa and DR3 as a late Christmas present for me.

Wasn't really planning on getting a machine until next year so pretty excited.

It will arrive on Tuesday morning.

statham

Just got told by my SO that she ordered an X1 with Fifa and DR3 as a late Christmas present for me.

Wasn't really planning on getting a machine until next year so pretty excited.

It will arrive on Tuesday morning.
she ruined the surprise! but congrats!

edit: look at Ryse, it got bad reviews, but I thought it was great, theres a level 2-3-4 before the ending that I was shocked the Xbox could pull it off, but did have fps issues, still found it amazing.

Dabanton

edit: look at Ryse, it got bad reviews, but I thought it was great, theres a level 2-3-4 before the ending that I was shocked the Xbox could pull it off, but did have fps issues, still found it amazing.

Yeah I'll definitely have a look at it once I go through DR3. Later today I have to move some of my other consoles around to make room for it. Looks like the Wii is going back in the box..

I'm really looking forward to finally being able to play KI for more than 10 mins in a noisy booth.

Hawk269

Yep everything works exactly the same. When you log in on the second console during setup, it brings over everything except the installation files. Your pins, the layout of your pins, colour scheme etc.

if you have a lot of games already it might take a while to install them all again especially if theyre all digital, but no problems.

So when you set up the second unit, did you make it your "Home Console" or whatever it is or left it as is and just logged in with the your credentials and it downloaded your profile?

Thanks again for the feedback thus far.

Hawk269

Good call...those levels were impressive and visually the best I have seen. yeah a little frame rate issues, but nothing major. I was not shocked that this was being done on the Xbox One because I think it has a lot of potential. The other thing to remember is that these were rushed launch games and in Ryse case it was originally a Kinect 1 game.

I can't imagine what they could do if they started all over with a new title today. With what they have learned about the system over the last year and starting rfrom scratch with full dev kits I am sure Ryse 2 will blow away the first game visually.

So when you set up the second unit, did you make it your "Home Console" or whatever it is or left it as is and just logged in with the your credentials and it downloaded your profile?

Thanks again for the feedback thus far.

You dont need to mess with any of that stuff. Just go through the first time setup like you did on the first console and it will automagically set up your new console to matchyour settings, pins, internet explorer history and favourites etc.

Only thing you need to do manually is reinstall games and apps the first time you launch them.

Hawk269

You dont need to mess with any of that stuff. Just go through the first time setup like you did on the first console and it will automagically set up your new console to matchyour settings, pins, internet explorer history and favourites etc.

Only thing you need to do manually is reinstall games and apps the first time you launch them.

Wow. It is that simple then? That sounds great.

I have been working a lot of hours this week, so I know this may sound like a weird question.

I have Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising on Digital and on Disk. If I install the Disk version (to save on download time), how would I also apply the digital signature to it so that I don't need the disk in the system? And for the record, I only have the disk versions since I wanted the Day 1's which my fiancée got me after I had already bought the digital versions.

My last question and very important, how are you managing to have your NAT show as Open on both consoles? I cannot for the life of me get my 360 and One both have an open Nat since they use the same ports. Going through MS's site on trying to fix it, they have a forum post that says the router needs to be capable of supporting multiple open Nat's. My Router is the latest high-end Linksys.

Redshirt

Banned
I have Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising on Digital and on Disk. If I install the Disk version (to save on download time), how would I also apply the digital signature to it so that I don't need the disk in the system?

You don't need to do anything special because the digital license is attached to your gamertag.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My kinect's lower view is obstructed a little by my desk, and as I was doing one of the Fitness fighting programs I had to do pushups. I kept going under the Kinect's view so it dropped my score extremely quickly and started giving me more motivational messages on screen like Dig Deep lol

Sanic

Aww, did Ami get banned because of his posts here?

Anyway, quick question for you guys. My Gold ran out the other day, but i'm waiting for somebody to give me a year of Live as a Christmas present. When I went to redeem my 14 day trial that came with the XBO a couple of hours ago, I was told that I already have gold and that I can't redeem it. Is there some kind of work around, or am I stuck?

Varg

Banned
Anyone having problems wit frigging peggle 2? Multiplayer absolutely refuses to work for me. I either get failed to join game session or it puts me in a room with no one joining.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone having problems wit frigging peggle 2? Multiplayer absolutely refuses to work for me. I either get failed to join game session or it puts me in a room with no one joining.

Yeah someone else in the Peggle 2 OT was having trouble. Seems whatever EA is doing with their multiplayer games these days is bozo.

I almost feel stupid asking this question but, how do you mute someone? On 360 if there wasn't an in game option you just did it though recent players but seeing as how that's been done away with for Xbox One I really can't figure out how to mute someone. Can anyone help me out?

unwritt3n

Banned
wtf is with these update sizes. KI 3GB with no apparent reason, also DR3. Should we get a thread happening for this. We need answers, no change logs or nothing.

Varg

Banned
Yeah someone else in the Peggle 2 OT was having trouble. Seems whatever EA is doing with their multiplayer games these days is bozo.

Looks like it's just not peggle. Ryse keeps saying player has left game session every fucking time. Disappointed in my two next gen purchases so far l. The ps4 and Xbox one has failed my multiplayer needs so far

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Wow. It is that simple then? That sounds great.

I have been working a lot of hours this week, so I know this may sound like a weird question.

I have Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising on Digital and on Disk. If I install the Disk version (to save on download time), how would I also apply the digital signature to it so that I don't need the disk in the system? And for the record, I only have the disk versions since I wanted the Day 1's which my fiancée got me after I had already bought the digital versions.

My last question and very important, how are you managing to have your NAT show as Open on both consoles? I cannot for the life of me get my 360 and One both have an open Nat since they use the same ports. Going through MS's site on trying to fix it, they have a forum post that says the router needs to be capable of supporting multiple open Nat's. My Router is the latest high-end Linksys.

No, that was how it would have worked with the old system, pre-180, which is one of the things I liked. You can play your disks on any Xbox One, it works like any other console. It will still cloud sync all your saves when you log in with your profile, it's very nice.

No the advantage of buying digital is I essentially have 2 copies of every game. Our bedroom Xbox One is set as my home console and anyone can play any game on that console that I've purchased digitally regardless of where I bought it, another console, website etc. Our living room console has all the same games installed but I need to be logged in to Xbox Live to play those while the bedroom unit is my home console.

The good news is my girlfriend and I can even be playing the same game, her in the bedroom on her account and me in the living room, and we can even play on Live together with the same game.

EDIT: Maybe I misread, you purchased both a digital version and a disc version of some games? Then yes, you can use the disc to install it and you won't need it again. In the future though you don't need 2 versions.

malfcn

Anyone have games unpause?

Playing Call of Duty: Ghosts and a couple times I have paused the game and it will unpause itself.

So this is how I have my consoles set up as of now, had it this way for a while. I've been a little worried about if this is damaging my Xbox One or not. I'm not that concerned if my PS4 over-heats/gets damaged from this (I have a warranty for the PS4, and it doesn't seem to be the one under stress/nor getting much heat from the vents), but I'm worried about my Xbox One's disc drive being under stress, or if I'm blocking any necessary vents. From what I've seen, my Xbox One hasn't been extra hot or anything lately, so it doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried stacking systems like this, and how it worked for them.

My room is really small, and unless I reorganize my room, it isn't possible to give them the space they need. :/ I do plan on re-organizing my EVENTUALLY, but as of know this is the only place they can go without obstructing my entrance into the room, and without being on the floor. As of now, whenever I buy my Wii U my plan is too stack it ontop of the PS4 haha.

So this is how I have my consoles set up as of now, had it this way for a while. I've been a little worried about if this is damaging my Xbox One or not. I don't really care if my PS4 over-heats/gets damaged from this, but I'm worried about my Xbox One's disc drive being under stress, or if I'm blocking any necessary vents. From what I've seen, my Xbox One hasn't been extra hot or anything lately, so it doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried stacking systems like this, and how it worked for them.

My room is really small, and unless I reorganize my room, it isn't possible to give them the space they need. :/ I do plan on re-organizing my EVENTUALLY, but as of know this is the only place they can go without obstructing my entrance into the room, and without being on the floor.

Man you gotta do something quick because that looks bad.

Man you gotta do something quick because that looks bad.
My room in general needs a redesign badly. :/ My sister moved in a few months back so I gave up my original room (which had plenty of space) and took in the guest room. :/ I really have no room in here, my TV set up is terrible as well. TV is on top of said drawer in the picture, and I had to squeeze my Desktop and Monitor right by it. I do plan on getting rid of this drawer (I have nothing in it) and replacing it with a beautiful glass desk I bought for this a while ago, and hanging my TV from a wall mount, than just placing my Desktop and consoles on the glass desk, but as of now I just haven't bought the TV wall mount. I really need to work on this but I just never have the spare money to buy a $99 wall mount.

It's not your babel tower that's an issue. It's putting them in the corner right up against the furniture and wall like that.

Just moved them a bit more away from the wall and the drawers. :) Neither were touching the walls (But the PS4 was pretty close), but I guess moving them away a bit won't hurt. Thanks for the suggestion.

MCD

So this is how I have my consoles set up as of now, had it this way for a while. I've been a little worried about if this is damaging my Xbox One or not. I'm not that concerned if my PS4 over-heats/gets damaged from this (I have a warranty for the PS4, and it doesn't seem to be the one under stress/nor getting much heat from the vents), but I'm worried about my Xbox One's disc drive being under stress, or if I'm blocking any necessary vents. From what I've seen, my Xbox One hasn't been extra hot or anything lately, so it doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried stacking systems like this, and how it worked for them.

My room is really small, and unless I reorganize my room, it isn't possible to give them the space they need. :/ I do plan on re-organizing my EVENTUALLY, but as of know this is the only place they can go without obstructing my entrance into the room, and without being on the floor. As of now, whenever I buy my Wii U my plan is too stack it ontop of the PS4 haha.

At least put the PS4 vertical so the poor bone can breathe.

Top Bottom